• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's the "Camper Crossing" but campers would be turning right at this intersection after the toll plaza to get to the fort. It's a major bus crossing, buses going to OKW, POR, SSR, FW and DTD all cross here from MK resorts and the MK itself.

I'll bet that the lights will be set to trip on demand for traffic crossing and be set to green by default for traffic from the toll booth. That would minimize impact to incoming guests and CM's and allow timely crossing access to traffic crossing onto Vista Blvd. (at least that's how I would set it up)

I have never liked that intersection either. We have stayed at WL several times and have used that intersection both ways. We have set there trying to cross it before in a line of busses and it isn't fun. One other aspect about it is that the monorail tracks from Epcot to the TTC are right there and I think some of the drivers not familiar with their surroundings have on occasion been gawking at the monorail while they should be paying attention to the crossing traffic.

Having almost 5 years experience as a Disney bus driver, this is an improvement that is long over due. This is actually an intersection that has a lot of crashes. Traffic from the toll plaza backs up the southbound traffic that enters Vista Blvd as no one wants to allow traffic to cross, drivers get impatient and try to cross when it's not safe and you now have another crash. Many times, I have waited to cross with my bus for over 5 minutes. This tends to cause guest dissatisfaction on the bus.

OT ... in my suburb they react to a dangerous intersection not by building a traffic light, but by building a roundabout. This makes getting thru the intersection so difficult and stressful (due to confusion over right-of-way rules, many drivers deliberately ignoring the rules, and buses and trucks not being able to turn) that drivers and pedestrians begin avoiding the intersection ... and presto! Problem solved.

Disney opens their Worlds Largest retail disney store in Shanghai this week. The event could be telling in someways showing how much control disney has in China. Iger and Staggs are set to be at the opening and take a tour of the SDL site. This would be the first time Iger and Staggs are photographed at the resort if they actually get photographed there. Once done in Shanghai they will book it back to Anaheim to kick off the disneyland 60th.
Yea I know this comment was a few pages back, but your comment really brings up a good point. I mean Shanghai is probably going to be an awesome resort, but this is a country that hardly even knows what Disney is. Im sure we have all seen the discussions going on in other forums, but seriously Disney is not that well known over there. This store is the "toe in the water" if you will that will showcase whether or not this will work. Also what happens if the Chinese government wants to much control, and don't say it cant happen. This is China we are talking about, and they are not known for amazing business deals that are always fair to both sides. If China wants it a certain way they get it a certain way regardless of what the other side thinks. What happens if they decide they don't want the resort no more? People once lived on the land Disney is being built on and they were simply evicted with no second thoughts or help. What if, as some point, they did that to Disney? I know lots of "what ifs" but food for thought I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter