News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is going to be one exciting park to follow. I still think the number of attractions is a little limited, but so was Hong Honk's when it started, so I guess we'll see further development in the next decade.

Hong Kong didnt do well for about he first 7 years and they scrambled since day 1 to try and bring it up to speed.

They said it was like a crypt in that place. That cost alot of money.

I hope that's not an example of the "bar" they're trying to reach.

Hong Kong didnt do well for about he first 7 years and they scrambled since day 1 to try and bring it up to speed.

They said it was like a crypt in that place. That cost alot of money.

I hope that's not an example of the "bar" they're trying to reach.
Hong Kong opened with about 60% of the attractions it was actually supposed to open with because of budgets.

Hong Kong opened with about 60% of the attractions it was actually supposed to open with because of budgets.

And the more overruns/cuts a Disney park has... The longer it takes to recover (see Kingdom, Animal) and the more the original concept costs to complete/fix

It's
Paying $15 for a $10 hamburger.

One of these years I'll get there to see it in person

I got to go for one day in 2014 the day before the National Championship Game and I decided to watch their version of Wishes and Fantasmic instead of WoC. And then Wishes was cancelled due to wind (and it wasn't even windy). Stupid decision in hind site. I'm not sure what I was thinking. If I was by myself I was going to try and do all 3. Their version of Fantasmic is much better though.

I got to go for one day in 2014 the day before the National Championship Game and I decided to watch their version of Wishes and Fantasmic instead of WoC. And then Wishes was cancelled due to wind (and it wasn't even windy). Stupid decision in hind site. I'm not sure what I was thinking. If I was by myself I was going to try and do all 3. Their version of Fantasmic is much better though.
Agree - no interest in seeing HS's Fantasmic again after the one in DL. I will be all over the Rivers of Light in AKL though!

Ok, so going back to an earlier discussion, it's the largest "Disney Store" in the world but the largest "Disney" store is still World of Disney at DTD. WoD is over 5 times larger.
I'm not sure. We seem to be getting seriously conflicted numbers.
I find http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peo...sney-store-Shanghai-attracts-huge-queues.html =853 Square feet from this(obviously wrong)
http://variety.com/2015/biz/asia/disney-store-shanghai-1201502508/ =853 Square meters
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/2...st-store-in-the-world-in-china.html?referrer= =53,000 square feet
http://www.ibtimes.com/disney-opens...re-china-ahead-shanghai-disney-resort-1930737 =54,000 Square feet

Then we should keep in mind that Times Square is at least 20,000 http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2010/11/10/disney-opens-largest-store-nycs-times-square/
Since we know it's bigger than that, we can infer that this store is at least 20,000+.

The wind that causes fireworks cancellations at DLR is waaaaaaaaaaay up high. There can be nary a breeze at ground level and the wind up where the fireworks will be can be going crazy. That's why they send up testing balloons. The proximity of DLR to residential areas means the potential fireworks fallout zone is extremely hazardous. I always look up at runaway Disney balloons, if they start moving away at crazy speeds, don't count of fireworks. Heck they've even stopped them midshow!

They managed to make World of Color even more beautiful. The new show is a lot better than I expected. The new effects are amazing (although they should check those fog machines). I love that they aknowledged so many films and park attractions. Can't wait to see the rest of the new shows.

They managed to make World of Color even more beautiful. The new show is a lot better than I expected. The new effects are amazing (although they should check those fog machines). I love that they aknowledged so many films and park attractions. Can't wait to see the rest of the new shows.
The main complaint I have heard is the narration is sometimes a little unnecessary.

The main complaint I have heard is the narration is sometimes a little unnecessary.

Well... I don't know, I think Neil's dialogue was necessary to explain Walt's journey, but I can understand that some non-hardcore Disney fans could find some of the narration boring, specially during the first 10 minutes.

It's not as explosive/fast-paced as the regular world of color, but it moves you in a different way... It's charming and nostalgic. And that Star Wars segment was pretty cool too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter