News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irony at it's finest. Cancelling a 60 year old show, 1 day before you celebrate your 60th anniversary.

From the article, it looks to me like they might just be changing it up slightly, adding dancers to the existing band format. If that's the case, it's not as bad as it seems, though I agree that they shouldn't be re-auditioning existing members, it's not uncommon for Disney to do this. (An example was when they moved the Lion King theater, they re-auditioned all the Cast Members to the new show. I have no idea if that means they actually hired them all back or not.)

So a small maelstrom update the ride will still be a flume basically exactly like it was before except for new boats and the merged load unload portion. The ride will still go backwards and have a drop like it did before.

While I can understand that being a disappointment in some ways, I actually really like that. Keeping that drop will at least make it feel like we didn't completely lose the ride. That portion of the ride is one of my only memories from my first trip to Disney as a 5/6 year old.

So a small maelstrom update the ride will still be a flume basically exactly like it was before except for new boats and the merged load unload portion. The ride will still go backwards and have a drop like it did before.

So the previous queue area will become part of the ride and the new line will be built in the new building? The Frozen ride should be a little bit longer than Maelstrom, I mean.

So the previous queue area will become part of the ride and the new line will be built in the new building? The Frozen ride should be a little bit longer than Maelstrom, I mean.
Yes correct. But really only maybe 30 seconds longer.

Generally the most common rumor is the ride system and track itself is mostly unchanged, the boats will be re-themed, one extra scene room, it still likely will be relatively low capacity, the old film room will be part of the queue. The ride itself is going to likely be a cliffs notes version of the movie (Ala Little Mermaid) and primarily screen based with a few AAs and set pieces. And lots of music from the films.

Last edited:

I've been searching the Disboards for this info and haven't found it yet so I'm not sure if I should ask this here or the Poly thread, but...I was trying to find hours for Trader Sams and it looks like in California it's open until 1:30 but at WDW it closes at midnight. Is midnight just for the soft opening at WDW or will that be its permanent closing time?

I hope it stays open at Poly until 1:30 for the adults who enjoy late night cocktails!!

I've been searching the Disboards for this info and haven't found it yet so I'm not sure if I should ask this here or the Poly thread, but...I was trying to find hours for Trader Sams and it looks like in California it's open until 1:30 but at WDW it closes at midnight. Is midnight just for the soft opening at WDW or will that be its permanent closing time?

I hope it stays open at Poly until 1:30 for the adults who enjoy late night cocktails!!

Not that this has anything to do with Trader Sam's, but apparently (I did not know this) The Boathouse in Disney Springs will be open until 2 AM. I think that it would really be a neat experience to hang out at the dock bar over the water late at night.

Not that this has anything to do with Trader Sam's, but apparently (I did not know this) The Boathouse in Disney Springs will be open until 2 AM. I think that it would really be a neat experience to hang out at the dock bar over the water late at night.

That is a good option! I was looking at pictures of the Boathouse the other day and it does look pretty cool.

Trader Sams opens at 4 and closes at midnight. After 8 it's adults only. That is what they are going with or now no word if hours will change.

Trader Sams opens at 4 and closes at midnight. After 8 it's adults only. That is what they are going with or now no word if hours will change.

Thanks rteetz! That's all I could find as well but was hoping there were some rumors circulating that it might change after the initial opening...and after reading through this thread I thought if anyone knew about such rumors it might be you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter