News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment to begin later than originally planned

The start date for the refurbishment of Pirates of the Caribbean has been pushed back to June according to the official Walt Disney World website. The closure was originally scheduled to begin on May 11, but has now been moved to June 8. The refurbishment will run through to September 25, reopening to guests on September 26 2015.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...he-caribbean-refurbishment-to-begin-later.htm

This shows how observant I am...

I thought it was old/had been there for years... And I almost walked through a construction pit to get to it 3 weeks ago...

When you need spirits... You need spirits.

By the way... The lava bar at rainforest is pretty cool ;)
DTD seems to be adding a lot of bar type places. The boathouse has an indoor and outdoor bar, the margarita bar, the hangar will be a bar with appetizers, and I'm sure more will come in the landing.

This shows how observant I am...

I thought it was old/had been there for years... And I almost walked through a construction pit to get to it 3 weeks ago...

When you need spirits... You need spirits.

By the way... The lava bar at rainforest is pretty cool ;)

The article does say it replaces the Captain Jack's margarita bar. Is it the same exact spot?

Irony at it's finest. Cancelling a 60 year old show, 1 day before you celebrate your 60th anniversary.
One member of the band has been in for 44 years. They can audition for the new band but if they choose not to they will be moved to other entertainment throughout the park. But I agree something so iconic being disbanded before one of the biggest celebrations in the parks history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter