• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Wishes fp+ Viewing Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's nice that people can sit in that area. Do you think they will have fast pass for MNSSHP? Or maybe it won't be needed?

That has not been the case recently. To date, parties have not offered FPs for anything.

I think it's nice that people can sit in that area. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out. Do you think they will have fast pass for MNSSHP? Or maybe it won't be needed?
There have been no FP offered during parties. I suspect that will remain the same.

I think it's nice that people can sit in that area. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out. Do you think they will have fast pass for MNSSHP? Or maybe it won't be needed?

That has not been the case recently. To date, parties have not offered FPs for anything.

There have been no FP offered during parties. I suspect that will remain the same.

I wouldn't put it past Disney to use at least one of the FP+ viewing areas for Villains Soiree reserved viewing (assuming there will be a similar event-within-an-event this year.)

I wouldn't put it past Disney to use at least one of the FP+ viewing areas for Villains Soiree reserved viewing (assuming there will be a similar event-within-an-event this year.)
Oh, I wouldn't either. But that's not quite the same thing as offering a FP for the party.

I'm curious to see if they do that again. I found it interesting they did not offer anything for a Christmas Party and so far, nothing more has been mentioned for summer at HS. I wonder if they were not well received (if Disney got lots of complaints from folks)

Oh, I wouldn't either. But that's not quite the same thing as offering a FP for the party.

I'm curious to see if they do that again. I found it interesting they did not offer anything for a Christmas Party and so far, nothing more has been mentioned for summer at HS. I wonder if they were not well received (if Disney got lots of complaints from folks)
The Soiree was almost universally loved by those who did it. My guess is they announce the Feel the Force package for SWW this week, followed by the Frozen package in the coming weeks. And then announce the Soiree when Disney announces MNSSHP tickets are on sale.

Just my guess though.

So they should eliminate FP+ for Wishes?

I'm good with that.

The value of having FP for quite a few attractions has been unclear to me from the inception of FP+, and Wishes is one of them. I understand the systemic reasons for offering them, but considered in isolation many are rather worthless. For a brief time last month, Wishes FP looked pretty attractive--even to me--when it was relatively uncrowded and people could spread out a bit, but then they couldn't resist tinkering and devaluing it again. Now it sounds like it's getting just as crowded as outside the FP area, soooooo what's the point again?

It's kinda like going to a restaurant and your kid ordering ice water with her meal. She could get milk, tea, or soda instead and the ice water for the same cost.

Is it even possible to sit and watch the parade and then go into the fast pass plus area for wishes and get a good spot. If people are going in at 8-8:30 doesn't seem like we will be able to do both? Any idea?

The point is not to create a FP that is worth something. The point is to add capacity to the Fastpass system for something you could have done previously for years without a FP. Same idea as slapping FP on rides that never had it, and never needed it, and function better without it.

Assuming that these FPs end up being in a crowded area....people will still pick them. Some will think that they need the FP to see the show, some will hope that it's a teensy bit less crowded, some will think it's something special.

The point is not to create a FP that is worth something. The point is to add capacity to the Fastpass system for something you could have done previously for years without a FP. Same idea as slapping FP on rides that never had it, and never needed it, and function better without it.

Assuming that these FPs end up being in a crowded area....people will still pick them. Some will think that they need the FP to see the show, some will hope that it's a teensy bit less crowded, some will think it's something special.

Yep.

If it isn't a fp+ that interests you, no one forces you to get it. I hope they don't keep cramming people in and so far, even though there are reports that it's more crowded than it used to be- I have yet to read any horror stories of people being shoved out of the way, or as in our case, someone's foot getting torn up by a wheelchair and someone hanging on the back of your shoulders trying to see over you. It is a prime viewing spot and it does allow you to sit for a while at least prior to the show and if you can't stand for long periods of time, a "grassy" area beats the heck out of concrete.

So until I hear it's as bad inside the fp+ area as it was for us outside of it, we'll use one. The way we tour the parks, we don't lock ourselves out of any fp+'s for the day, so that is not a factor either.

Right... FP+ should be mutually beneficial to Disney and the customer. Redistribution of crowds is pretty much the main goal for Disney, but in order to get the customer to bite, there needs to be a perceived value. We'll see. If customers still grab the Wishes FP even though they are cramming the viewing area, then it's just a flat out win for Disney I suppose.

Do these "sell out"? i.e. how late in the same day can one (or 7 actually) still be had?

That can change with just about any variable of date, number of performances, weather, general crowd level, etc.

I'm going to say that on average, guests could get a F! FP+ by 2 hours before showtime.
A "sell-out" much later on some days and earlier on others.

That can change with just about any variable of date, number of performances, weather, general crowd level, etc.

I'm going to say that on average, guests could get a F! FP+ by 2 hours before showtime.
A "sell-out" much later on some days and earlier on others.

I thought this thread was about Wishes FP, not Fanasmic?

Eta: never mind, I see what's going on now.

I thought this thread was about Wishes FP, not Fantasmic?

I was responding to post #73 in this thread.

(You can check from where the quote comes by clicking on the little up arrow
to the right of the poster name in the quote box.)

SmithSmith said:
Eta: never mind, I see what's going on now.

Would you please explain it to ME, then. ;)

Right... FP+ should be mutually beneficial to Disney and the customer. Redistribution of crowds is pretty much the main goal for Disney, but in order to get the customer to bite, there needs to be a perceived value. We'll see. If customers still grab the Wishes FP even though they are cramming the viewing area, then it's just a flat out win for Disney I suppose.

Yep. I think the repeat visitors will figure it out quickly. But I could totally see first-timers grabbing up these FPs thinking that maybe you need them to see the show or that they are high-value.

Hey, if they can charge $50 to eat a cupcake on Tomorrowland Terrace during the fireworks, anything goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter