• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Wishes fp+ Viewing Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelandLeisure

Mouseketeer
I just booked a fp+ for Wishes for our upcoming trip. I know in the past the viewing area was located in the rose garden, and many complained of it being off center, etc. Can someone explain to me where the new viewing area is? For those who have gotten a wishes fp since the switch, was it worth it? How well can you see the castle projection show, and do you sit down or stand up? Thanks!

From what I have read - the area seems well aligned with the castle. Right in front of The Plaza, and in front of Casey's Corner. It has astroturf, so some sit down, but I am going to play that by ear when we get there, as I do not want my view to be blocked by those standing in front of us!

From what I have read - the area seems well aligned with the castle. Right in front of The Plaza, and in front of Casey's Corner. It has astroturf, so some sit down, but I am going to play that by ear when we get there, as I do not want my view to be blocked by those standing in front of us!

Recent posts say there are so many guests in the Wishes FP+ areas that sitting is impractical
(and some reports that the CMs tell everyone to stand for the show.)
Everything is too new to know if it will be this way forever, or if it is just until they
figure the correct number of FP+ to issue.

Below is a "work-in-progress" of my overview of the new Hub.
Some of the "outer" sidewalks shown have not been built yet.
Some of the unfinished areas have since been finished.
Again, a work-in-progress, all the way around.
The original photo is by Scott Keating, posted on WDWMagic.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_030715b_zpsgvsja3gi.jpg

This is correct its just behind the hub and right in front of Casey's and the Plaza.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but can people still stand in that central hub area (in the road around the statue) to view Wishes like they could before the addition of the FP? A friend who went last July told me that the area is being blocked off, and I want to make sure before I decide if the Wishes FP is worth it.

Also, is the Wishes FP area any good for watching Celebrate the Magic?

Recent posts say there are so many guests in the Wishes FP+ areas that sitting is impractical
(and some reports that the CMs tell everyone to stand for the show.)

That is a shame. As a wheelchair user I've used the Wishes FP+ to get a spot where there aren't people standing in front of me. I'd hang out toward the back of the area while everyone sat in front of me. If they tell everyone to stand then I guess I'll have to look for a new spot.

That is a shame. As a wheelchair user I've used the Wishes FP+ to get a spot where there aren't people standing in front of me. I'd hang out toward the back of the area while everyone sat in front of me. If they tell everyone to stand then I guess I'll have to look for a new spot.

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out.
It's possible that they will cut back on the number of FP+ issued to guests, leaving more room in the areas for more relaxed viewing.
(Or... they might add MORE.)

Only time will tell.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Are there pros and cons to East vs. West side?
Do you get to pick which one, or is the FP for a specific side?
thanks in advance.

That's too bad that it is so crowded if those reports are true. We did a Wishes FP last summer and it was really nice. Ah, I guess that was too good to last.

They had everyone sit when we were there first week of March.

I hope that's the case when we go in June, but I think the more recent reports have been of people standing. I can walk all day long, but standing still really bothers my feet. I'm hoping, as others have said above, that they tweak it so it's not as crowded in those areas as recently reported and people are actually able to sit like in your photo.

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out.
It's possible that they will cut back on the number of FP+ issued to guests, leaving more room in the areas for more relaxed viewing.
(Or... they might add MORE.)

Stay tuned.

Are there pros and cons to East vs. West side?
Do you get to pick which one, or is the FP for a specific side?
thanks in advance.

A couple of weeks ago when the East viewing opened up, a fairly significant number of additional FP's issued were allocated (can't divulge the actual number) and likely will remain so, particularly during the "busy periods". This has made it pretty much a necessity to stand for Wishes. Will that be necessary during the "slower periods", time will tell as it has been high crowd levels almost every night since the East side opened.

Since the areas are "symmetrical" about the Castle center line, the only advantage to the East side is a better ability to exit the park through the East by-pass if it happens to be open on that night. Both have the same viewing angles. Guests can go to either side they wish and sides are NOT FP specific.

A couple of weeks ago when the East viewing opened up, a fairly significant number of additional FP's issued were allocated (can't divulge the actual number) and likely will remain so, particularly during the "busy periods". This has made it pretty much a necessity to stand for Wishes. Will that be necessary during the "slower periods", time will tell as it has been high crowd levels almost every night since the East side opened.

Since the areas are "symmetrical" about the Castle center line, the only advantage to the East side is a better ability to exit the park through the East by-pass if it happens to be open on that night. Both have the same viewing angles. Guests can go to either side they wish and sides are NOT FP specific.

Thanks for sharing. So it sounds like the only benefit is not having to stake out a spot earlier, and being able to stroll up right before it starts (which is good)

We were there 3/22 (Sunday). We were arrived back at the park at 9:30. We used the cut through to avoid Main Street. We approach Plaza side and it was pretty busy so we went to Casey's side (you could see Tink just fine). Getting to the other side was a bit of a hassle. The entrances for FP are on the opposite side of Main Street. Once we entered we went all the way in, we had no problem finding an area to sit but there were plenty people standing, most were considerate and stood against the back railing. My daughter stood there, she's a photographer and wanted to get some great shots. A group of late comers came and stood directly in front of her, one with his gopro on a stick She ended up moving because they blocking her. Due to some of the new street lamps, its hard to get a clear photo of castle.

Amazed at how many people record the whole show, sit back and enjoy, youtube has thousands of Wishes videos.

We were there 3/22 (Sunday). We were arrived back at the park at 9:30. We used the cut through to avoid Main Street. We approach Plaza side and it was pretty busy so we went to Casey's side (you could see Tink just fine). Getting to the other side was a bit of a hassle. The entrances for FP are on the opposite side of Main Street. Once we entered we went all the way in, we had no problem finding an area to sit but there were plenty people standing, most were considerate and stood against the back railing. My daughter stood there, she's a photographer and wanted to get some great shots. A group of late comers came and stood directly in front of her, one with his gopro on a stick She ended up moving because they blocking her. Due to some of the new street lamps, its hard to get a clear photo of castle.

Amazed at how many people record the whole show, sit back and enjoy, youtube has thousands of Wishes videos.

Did it feel less crowded in the viewing area than out in the street? If someone is in your way, how hard is it to move around and still find a good spot?

Everyone stood when I was there March 18. It was terrible, insanely crowded and the light posts blocked a good view of the castle. I am almost 5'11 and had trouble seeing, non FP guests were allowed too close to the fence making everyone stand, it was overcrowded and as a solo person arriving 15min before celebrate the magic I had trouble getting a spot on the astroturf to sit. I hope they cut back on FPs.

Everyone stood when I was there March 18. It was terrible, insanely crowded and the light posts blocked a good view of the castle. I am almost 5'11 and had trouble seeing, non FP guests were allowed too close to the fence making everyone stand, it was overcrowded and as a solo person arriving 15min before celebrate the magic I had trouble getting a spot on the astroturf to sit. I hope they cut back on FPs.

Yup.
That's very unfortunate.

I hope they get this all straightened out soon.

Yup.
That's very unfortunate.

I hope they get this all straightened out soon.

I'm thinking it will take a few months to work out the kinks, but I fully expect Disney to see what is blatantly wrong with the area and fix it. So many kids were having trouble seeing, and everyone was just on top of each other. I bet they are getting complaints. I have read some reviews of people who got a great spot and loved it, but got there 45min-1 hour early. To me, that defeats the point of having the FP. I FP to not have to stake out a spot.

Fingers crossed for people sitting when we go in May! If nothing changes I will be dumping those fastpasses because there is no way my LO will be able to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter