New Wishes fp+ Viewing Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it will take a few months to work out the kinks, but I fully expect Disney to see what is blatantly wrong with the area and fix it. So many kids were having trouble seeing, and everyone was just on top of each other. I bet they are getting complaints. I have read some reviews of people who got a great spot and loved it, but got there 45min-1 hour early. To me, that defeats the point of having the FP. I FP to not have to stake out a spot.

Agreed.
I am (and others are) keeping as close-tabs as possible on this as time progresses.
I try to read every post about the FP viewing areas and keep notes on them.
As things change, we'll know on the DIS pretty quickly.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
We would never use a FP+ for a parade or Wishes or Illuminations (but can see why others would). Actually even avoid them for Fantasmic-seem to get lucky there.

What we noticed (since we come by last minute for either Wishes and/or CTM) was the extra room around the hub was a great improvement.

Recent posts say there are so many guests in the Wishes FP+ areas that sitting is impractical
(and some reports that the CMs tell everyone to stand for the show.)
Everything is too new to know if it will be this way forever, or if it is just until they
figure the correct number of FP+ to issue.

Below is a "work-in-progress" of my overview of the new Hub.
Some of the "outer" sidewalks shown have not been built yet.
Some of the unfinished areas have since been finished.
Again, a work-in-progress, all the way around.
The original photo is by Scott Keating, posted on WDWMagic.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_030715b_zpsgvsja3gi.jpg

So I have not followed the hub reconstruction as well as I should have. It looks like from this map vegetation has been/will be removed from both the green areas around the partners statue and the green patches right in from of the new FP viewing area making both of these areas usable for viewing? Anything else I am missing?

We would never use a FP+ for a parade or Wishes or Illuminations (but can see why others would). Actually even avoid them for Fantasmic-seem to get lucky there.

You might want to reconsider the latest info on FP+ for Fantasmic!

You can very likely get a same-day, in-park FP+ for Fantasmic! as your 4th or 5th FP+ of the day.
(They issue THOUSANDS of them.)

What that FP+ will do for you is to allow you to have access to much more of the theater.

(That way you could choose to either sit in the FP+ section, OR in the Standby (Walk-up) section, whichever offers the better seats at the time of your arrival.)
As to when to arrive, I'd get to the theater 45-60 minutes before the show-time.

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.

Shaded areas:

(First or Only F! performance of the evening)

Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Plan Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_032515_zpsegxn56tp.jpg

So I have not followed the hub reconstruction as well as I should have. It looks like from this map vegetation has been/will be removed from both the green areas around the partners statue and the green patches right in from of the new FP viewing area making both of these areas usable for viewing? Anything else I am missing?

Since the Hub is still well into the reconstruction, we don't know what will be the final results.
Reports are that it will be months before completion. The areas still being worked on are the central area that you mentioned, the "outer" circular sidewalks, and the greenery in the entire area.

isn't wishes, erm - in the sky?

Wishes is a complete show of choreographed fireworks and castle lighting effects, created with two separate fireworks "stages" (shooting positions.) It is designed to be best-viewed from certain locations in MK.

You certainly can see the fireworks "in the sky" from multiple locations, both inside and outside the park...
but the "show" called "Wishes" as a whole, is best-viewed from certain angles and with as few
trees and buildings obstructing the show as possible.

You also want to be in position to see the spectacular show that is actually projected on the front of the Castle, "Celebrate the Magic," which begins about 15 minutes before the fireworks.

This is a new version of this map that features a representation of the new hub and its FP+ Wishes viewing areas.

At this point, I'm not sure how the new "outer sidewalks" will be allowed or blocked
for fireworks viewers.
Not all of the sidewalks I've depicted have actually been built, yet.

As the actual Hub construction goes along, I'll revamp the shaded areas.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

Last edited:
reports that the new FP+ viewing area is standing only is quite disappointing. My family is not big on staking out spots for parade and fireworks so we have done FP+ the past 2 trips and the dessert party the time before that. The relaxed open feeling sitting in the grass in the old FP+ viewing area was the only reason to even consider using a FP for it. We have FP+ for wishes in May and if reports hold I will most likely drop them and put in a formal complaint. No point wasting a FP if your going to stand in a crowded area anyhow.

You might want to reconsider the latest info on FP+ for Fantasmic!

You can very likely get a same-day, in-park FP+ for Fantasmic! as your 4th or 5th FP+ of the day.
(They issue THOUSANDS of them.)

What that FP+ will do for you is to allow you to have access to much more of the theater.

(That way you could choose to either sit in the FP+ section, OR in the Standby (Walk-up) section, whichever offers the better seats at the time of your arrival.)
As to when to arrive, I'd get to the theater 45-60 minutes before the show-time.

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.

Shaded areas:

(First or Only F! performance of the evening)

Red= Dining Plan Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_032515_zpsegxn56tp.jpg

Thanks, there are 3 a night XMAS week so we never have a problem with a good seat-but may as well check.

If you do want to stake out a spot with your Wishes FP+ how early do they let you in the area? Also, if everyone is made to stand would you want to be in the front right by the fence, in the middle or closer to the back for best viewing?

If you do want to stake out a spot with your Wishes FP+ how early do they let you in the area? Also, if everyone is made to stand would you want to be in the front right by the fence, in the middle or closer to the back for best viewing?
The reports say people are being let into the FP+ viewing area starting at 8 p.m.

Do they let people fill the streets entirely for Wishes or do they make sure at least part of the streets are open?

Do they let people fill the streets entirely for Wishes or do they make sure at least part of the streets are open?

I haven't been to WDW in a few years, but as far as I can recall, people fill in the streets entirely. There's no reason not to.

I haven't been to WDW in a few years, but as far as I can recall, people fill in the streets entirely. There's no reason not to.

The new design of the Hub addresses the issue of congestion with additional "outer" sidewalks
that (I'm assuming) will be kept free of parade and fireworks viewers and allow passage of guests
who just want to walk through the area when those shows are pending or going on.

The new design of the Hub addresses the issue of congestion with additional "outer" sidewalks
that (I'm assuming) will be kept free of parade and fireworks viewers and allow passage of guests
who just want to walk through the area when those shows are pending or going on.

They actually have implemented lines into the concrete to show guests where to stand-similar to putting tape down every night. So the sidewalks were indeed still open-but part of each had standing room as well.

Directly in front of the FP+ area was open and walk by only though-actually that may have had a part you could stand as well-closest side to the castle though so not to interfere.

They actually have implemented lines into the concrete to show guests where to stand-similar to putting tape down every night. So the sidewalks were indeed still open-but part of each had standing room as well.

Directly in front of the FP+ area was open and walk by only though-actually that may have had a part you could stand as well-closest side to the castle though so not to interfere.

They have not yet completed the outer sidewalks.
Only the sections closest to Casey's and The Plaza are built.
I'm thinking that when they are completed, the passageways may be handled differently.

Did it feel less crowded in the viewing area than out in the street? If someone is in your way, how hard is it to move around and still find a good spot?
A lot less crowded than the street. In the new viewing area you have walkways and grassy areas. Grassy areas may be like 10x10 (not precise just as an example) people arent sitting on the ground on the walkways so you can definitely move around..(ok little lie, I sat on the walkway against back railing, great for my back). There are 3 walkways.
Not hard at all to find a good spot, we probably arrived 5 mins before Celebrate the Magic, there were 8 of us total. Even had a double stroller that I placed between railing and trash can.....this area is opened during the day. We checked it out to make sure we wanted to keep the FP. It was also great just hanging out during mass exodus. Just across main walkway (outside FP viewing area) they've built a small wall (knee high) to sit. It faces away from Castle but nice place to people watch while the place clears out.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...A7AF1DAF7D651F7492001CBED1E36&selectedIndex=3

This shows perfectly where we were. On the right, you csn see trash can I parked stroller next to. All the openings on front side get closed off. There is only 1 entrance.

Last edited:
I did the Wishes FP+ on March 14th and it was great. Everyone sat (there may have been some who leaned against the back but I didn't look) and we could see everything really well, including the castle show. Even though there were people in the regular area in front of the FP+ section, we could still see over them with no problem.

Everyone stood when I was there March 18. It was terrible, insanely crowded and the light posts blocked a good view of the castle. I am almost 5'11 and had trouble seeing, non FP guests were allowed too close to the fence making everyone stand, it was overcrowded and as a solo person arriving 15min before celebrate the magic I had trouble getting a spot on the astroturf to sit. I hope they cut back on FPs.

A couple of weeks ago when the East viewing opened up, a fairly significant number of additional FP's issued were allocated (can't divulge the actual number) and likely will remain so, particularly during the "busy periods". This has made it pretty much a necessity to stand for Wishes.

Well that's a bit disheartening... I'm going solo for the 24 hour event in May and thought "saving a spot" during that crazy event would be wise... But just seeing pics and vids of the area, I already have reservations (no pun intended) about using my FP for it. I'm a "photographer" and having lamp posts and people potentially crowding in there standing in front of my tripod isn't going to make for special shots and defeats the purpose really. Seems just as advantageous to save a FP and stand in the crowd else where on Main Street if that's how it's going to be. I'm actually considering just shooting from Frontierland or Fantasyland to avoid the chaos I'm sure will be on Main Street that night in particular.

Thoughts and opinions on this? Should I keep the FP or just try to photograph from a unique angle elsewhere in the park for the 24 hour event? I don't want to jump to conclusions though and I'll save the FP for the moment, but I'll be curious to see more responses about this as the time gets nearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter