new rooms at CSR - what do they look like?

happygirlagain

Mouseketeer
Do they look like they previously did with the bright colors -just larger beds or do they have a totally new look? Also what bath products do you get? Just shampoo and conditioner or other items? For regular rooms not the club level rooms. TIA

They look quite a bit different. More contemporary with queen size beds, white comforters and big flat panel TVs.

As I said, our stay at CSR was truly FABULOUS! The CMs were wonderful, and although I know that some have reported less than magical CMs at the Pepper Market, we had nothing but the nicest Pepper Market CMs. (Although we did see a few less than magical guests at the Pepper Market, actually fighting over who was in line first. That was kinda funny in a dumb sort of way.)

Everything was clean and neat, the landscaping really is gorgeous, and the walk around the lake is quite relaxing and pretty. We made that walk a few times actually, going to and from the pool. Since we were in Casita 1, we'd walk to the pool going past El Centro and across the bridge in front of the Cabanas, then we'd return by going past Casita 5 and back around to Casita 1.

We were very fortunate to receive a newly renovated room, and it was lovely.

S7300285-1.jpg

S7300303-1.jpg

S7300287.jpg

S7300291-1.jpg

S7300289-1.jpg

S7300290.jpg

S7300292.jpg

Here's a look at the new curved shower curtain rods.
S7300297-1.jpg

Desk:
S7300301.jpg

Ceiling fan:
S7300302.jpg

Coffee maker:
S7300300.jpg

New LCD TV and dresser:
S7300308-1.jpg

Mini-fridge:
S7300309.jpg

I did have an unfortunate mini-fridge incident. From past experience with mini-fridges, I turn the cold up quite high because they never seem to get very cold. Well, um, this time it did get cold.....too cold! So one of my diet Coke cans exploded.....everywhere......all over everything......inside the fridge.......and then froze over everything. Needless to say, I had a big mess to clean, but I left the fridge (and under the fridge) spotless. That in-room hair dryer had multiple uses this trip.:laughing:

One other tiny statement, this one about Disney soap. Now I have to say I love the Disney soap with the cute little Mickey on it. But let me tell ya, round soap is not the best shape. I mean, after all, it's soap....meaning SLIPPERY! But when it has round edges, well, it makes for a more challenging shower. I dropped the darn soap at least once every morning while showering, and sometimes twice or three times. Oh well. My hubby got a kick out of listening to the "thud" every morning while I was in the shower. :rolleyes:

Okay, more pics coming!
Here are some pics.

Have all the rooms been re done now?

No, they have not. They just started the rehab in October and first did Cabanas 9B as that is all Club Level. They've completed the 4th floor of Casitas 1 and are working on 4th floor of Casitas 2 and 3 and Cabanas 9A. All rooms are to be completed by October 09.

No, they have not. They just started the rehab in October and first did Cabanas 9B as that is all Club Level. They've completed the 4th floor of Casitas 1 and are working on 4th floor of Casitas 2 and 3 and Cabanas 9A. All rooms are to be completed by October 09.

But wait! According to Buzz's site . . .

"LATEST UPDATE!!! - All buildings in every village now have queen beds. The only rooms left with full size beds are the 100 rooms that will be converted to king size beds. These rroms are scattered throughout the resort. Cabana 9b (CLub Level rooms) has reopened and pictures of the redone rooms are filtering in. The room rehab has also begun in the casita section. Casita 1, 4th floor is done and the work has move to casita 2 & 3, 4th floor."

But wait! According to Buzz's site . . .

"LATEST UPDATE!!! - All buildings in every village now have queen beds. The only rooms left with full size beds are the 100 rooms that will be converted to king size beds. These rroms are scattered throughout the resort. Cabana 9b (CLub Level rooms) has reopened and pictures of the redone rooms are filtering in. The room rehab has also begun in the casita section. Casita 1, 4th floor is done and the work has move to casita 2 & 3, 4th floor."

Yes, the queen beds were done before October of this year. They then started on the painting, carpeting, curtains, furniture, etc.

Wow - those rooms don't look a lot like Disney. I guess its another refrub that turns a Disney hotel into a conference hotel. Just another reason I won't be staying at CSR

Wow - those rooms don't look a lot like Disney. I guess its another refrub that turns a Disney hotel into a conference hotel. Just another reason I won't be staying at CSR
I guess you haven't stayed at any WDW deluxe resort then because that's what they look like to me. I don't need a mickey head in my room to have a great time at Disney World. If you want Disney in your face, you best bet is a value.

A lot of resort rooms don't look like Disney. We've stayed at the Poly and the Contemporary and those rooms are not Disney like at all. It's all a matter of personal taste/opinion. Personally, I don't need Disney 24/7. After spending all day at the parks, I choose to come back to my resort for a little relaxation.

But that is what is so great about Disney...something for everyone.

I guess you haven't stayed at any WDW deluxe resort then because that's what they look like to me. I don't need a mickey head in my room to have a great time at Disney World. If you want Disney in your face, you best bet is a value.

Actually I've stayed in almost every Deluxe hotel. To look like Disney to me they don't have to have mickey everywhere - but they do have to look different than every other business hotel that I stay at for work. To me the new Contemporary rooms, and now these, look like "work" hotels, which to some, is what they are. But I don't want to be reminded of work on vacation.

A lot of resort rooms don't look like Disney. We've stayed at the Poly and the Contemporary and those rooms are not Disney like at all. It's all a matter of personal taste/opinion. Personally, I don't need Disney 24/7. After spending all day at the parks, I choose to come back to my resort for a little relaxation.

But that is what is so great about Disney...something for everyone.

I disagree about the Poly- they are themed and look a lot like a Disney resort to me.

Actually I've stayed in almost every Deluxe hotel. To look like Disney to me they don't have to have mickey everywhere - but they do have to look different than every other business hotel that I stay at for work. To me the new Contemporary rooms, and now these, look like "work" hotels, which to some, is what they are. But I don't want to be reminded of work on vacation.

I disagree about the Poly- they are themed and look a lot like a Disney resort to me.

I don't see that at the Poly. I think the rooms are lovely and we really like Poly--they remind me of our honeymoon in Hawaii. I just don't like the cost. I have a very good friend who stayed at the AKL. He loved the resort but said he wouldn't stay there again. It drove him nuts with the Mickey heads in the carpet I believe is what he said. He wanted to relax when he got back to his resort from the parks, not see Mickey heads. But as I said that is why Disney offers so many different resorts--different tastes and opinions. And I am happy for that and have no problem with people who have a different opinion/taste than my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter