new rooms at CSR - what do they look like?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by happygirlagain, Dec 26, 2008.

1. happygirlagain

happygirlagain Mouseketeer

Do they look like they previously did with the bright colors -just larger beds or do they have a totally new look? Also what bath products do you get? Just shampoo and conditioner or other items? For regular rooms not the club level rooms. TIA

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Matt71

Matt71 Self appointed voice of reason

They look quite a bit different. More contemporary with queen size beds, white comforters and big flat panel TVs.

4. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Here are some pics.

5. happygirlagain

happygirlagain Mouseketeer

the renovated rooms looked wonderful - i prefer this look to the old colorful ones.

6. BlueBay

BlueBay Mouseketeer

excited, can't wait to stay here in March!

7. MrsJ Henry

MrsJ Henry DIS Veteran

Have all the rooms been re done now?

8. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

No, they have not. They just started the rehab in October and first did Cabanas 9B as that is all Club Level. They've completed the 4th floor of Casitas 1 and are working on 4th floor of Casitas 2 and 3 and Cabanas 9A. All rooms are to be completed by October 09.

9. DznyDreams

DznyDreams A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

But wait! According to Buzz's site . . .

"LATEST UPDATE!!! - All buildings in every village now have queen beds. The only rooms left with full size beds are the 100 rooms that will be converted to king size beds. These rroms are scattered throughout the resort. Cabana 9b (CLub Level rooms) has reopened and pictures of the redone rooms are filtering in. The room rehab has also begun in the casita section. Casita 1, 4th floor is done and the work has move to casita 2 & 3, 4th floor."

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Yes, the queen beds were done before October of this year. They then started on the painting, carpeting, curtains, furniture, etc.

11. DznyDreams

DznyDreams A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

Ahhh!! Gotcha!!:thumbsup2

12. jurgens824

jurgens824 Mouseketeer

They all have the flat panel TV's now , right?

13. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

They will when they are fully rehabbed.

14. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Just the rooms that have been rehabbed.

15. sagoofy123

sagoofy123 Earning My Ears

They look great! They are part of the reason we switched our reservation from CBR to CSR.

16. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

Wow - those rooms don't look a lot like Disney. I guess its another refrub that turns a Disney hotel into a conference hotel. Just another reason I won't be staying at CSR

17. RKO1968

RKO1968 Mouseketeer

I guess you haven't stayed at any WDW deluxe resort then because that's what they look like to me. I don't need a mickey head in my room to have a great time at Disney World. If you want Disney in your face, you best bet is a value.

18. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

A lot of resort rooms don't look like Disney. We've stayed at the Poly and the Contemporary and those rooms are not Disney like at all. It's all a matter of personal taste/opinion. Personally, I don't need Disney 24/7. After spending all day at the parks, I choose to come back to my resort for a little relaxation.

But that is what is so great about Disney...something for everyone.

19. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

Actually I've stayed in almost every Deluxe hotel. To look like Disney to me they don't have to have mickey everywhere - but they do have to look different than every other business hotel that I stay at for work. To me the new Contemporary rooms, and now these, look like "work" hotels, which to some, is what they are. But I don't want to be reminded of work on vacation.

I disagree about the Poly- they are themed and look a lot like a Disney resort to me.

20. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

If that room reminds you of work, I want your job!! :rotfl:

21. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I don't see that at the Poly. I think the rooms are lovely and we really like Poly--they remind me of our honeymoon in Hawaii. I just don't like the cost. I have a very good friend who stayed at the AKL. He loved the resort but said he wouldn't stay there again. It drove him nuts with the Mickey heads in the carpet I believe is what he said. He wanted to relax when he got back to his resort from the parks, not see Mickey heads. But as I said that is why Disney offers so many different resorts--different tastes and opinions. And I am happy for that and have no problem with people who have a different opinion/taste than my own.