New Mythos Anniversary Menu

I don't think there is one, but the Balsmic Chicken was awesome! The potato was like a hash brown. The chicken had some sort of BBQ sauce with a zing to it. My stomach was in heaven on Sunday.

I also had the tempura shrimp sushi and that was killer sushi, perhaps the best I've tasted. The strawberry shortcake desert was good, but not as good as the bananna gooey cake!

:( >>grumble<< I keep hearing how great Mythos is, and from what I've read the atmosphere sounds fantastic. I'd love to enjoy a meal there, but it doesn't sound vegetarian friendly. :(

I first want to say that I am not a vegetarian but when I went to Mythos I had a non-meat meal. I ordered the corn and lobster bisque. If you don't eat fish (my friend who is vegetarian does) you can order just the corn bisque. It is two soups in one and you could order just the corn. IMHO the corn was much better than the lobster (it was way too salty). But I don't know if the soup is made with chicken stock. I also had the mixed green salad with feta cheese. It was so good. With bread I had plenty to eat. I would call the restaurant and see how they could help you, I can't imagine that you are the first vegetarian to eat there.

I hope that this helps

Sharbear

Thanks Sharbear, we'll be at Universal/IOA for a few days so maybe I will stop by early in the week and check out their menu and see what they are able/willing to come up with. I don't eat fish, so that's not an option for me. It just sounds like a great place, I'd really like to experience it.

Originally posted by MarieCW
:( >>grumble<< I keep hearing how great Mythos is, and from what I've read the atmosphere sounds fantastic. I'd love to enjoy a meal there, but it doesn't sound vegetarian friendly. :(

I know there ARE salads, they aren't your traditional garden salads, and I've never tried any of them. (aside from something with tomato and mozzarella, not so much a salad as an appetizer, IMO)
But, they have a shrimp and penne (can't think of how it's described or it's official name on the menu :rolleyes: ) and they will leave the shrimp out for you, no problem. It's in a cream sauce and personally, I don't care for the shrimp in it, so it's good "as is". They now have a pasta of the day, and I'm sure that varies as to whether they can leave the meat out or not, but I would imagine they could often do that...
A salad or pasta and one of the really yummy desserts they have there would make for a nice lunch, with great atmosphere!
Oh, I think there is cheese ravioli on the kids menu too...you could always have that and dessert, I get kids' meals there sometimes because I always have to get the tortilla soup, and then I share dessert. That's more than enough food!!! :eek:
They have a wonderful staff there and will be more than happy to try to accomodate you!!! :)
Karen

It does sound worth a shot, I will stop by and at least check it out. Thanks.

MArieCW- Tell me what exactly you can't have (ie- cream, cheese, chix stock, eggs, etc..). I'll reply what you can order and how to order the mto avoid any no-no's to your diet.

Shew, when it rains it pours (Especially here in Florida! The weather's been killer the past couple of weeks, though we badly need the torential downpours to replenish our depleted aquifer). I've been REALLY busy with school, work and moving in that same timespan, so I'm sorry that I'm just now posting the new menu changes.

Tostones: Plantain nachos w/ blackbean coulis, cheddar cheese, mango salsa and mojito (a latin garlic sauce).

Tortilla Soup: Popular return of this spicy, chicken-based tortilla soup. Served w/ sour cream.

Cedar planked shrimp salad- cedar planked shrimp w/ citrus-balsamic, tomatos and marinated feta.

Crab Cocktail- four crab claws w/ cocktai lsauce and lemons.

Pan-Roasted Corvina Provancel- Corvina w/ roasted garlic mash, tomato coulis, rapini, calamata olives and roasted garlic cloves.

Chili-fried softshell crab- chili-beer battered soft shells w/ rosti potatro cup, spinach, carmelized pearl onions, roasted peppers, pancetta, fried leeks w/ a BBQ holandaise.

Lobster Risotto- Lobster risotto w/ claw, tail and knuckle meat, lobster reduction and spinach.

Pasta of the day- daily creation.

Tuna mignon- oriental marinated tuna tenderloin, w/ wasabi mash, napa cabbage, teriyaki sauce, grilled sh itaki shrooms and fried rice noodles.

Tasting of chocolate- gooey cake, choc run creme brulee, choc muerrenge w/ choc espresso ice cream, choc dipped strawberry, and fried choc truffle.

Kahlula creme brulle- w/ cocount macaroon.

Strawberry shortcake- w/ fresh strawberries, whipped topping, and vanilla ice cream.

fried praline cheesecake w/ frangelica strawberries, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.

apple tatin w/ candied almonds, whipped topping, dried apple slice and red hot cinamon ice cream.

Shew! Keep in mind these are the new additions. The old standbys balasmaic chicken, steak, shrimp primavera, etc. are all still there.

Have a good (dry) day!
Randy

Randy/TheSecondCook - Thanks for the offer, and for posting the new menu items. I'm just your basic ovo-lacto vegetarian - I do eat dairy and eggs, no (once living) animal products. I don't eat chicken (including stock/broth), fish, or meat.

Mythos sounds like such a great place, I'd love to try it, and with some info ahead of time from you I think it will be even more enjoyable. I really hate having to ask about, for example, chicken stock in soups - I really don't expect the server to have every recipe memorized - but if I know what to avoid ahead of time that would be great.

Thanks so much!

Hi Marie,
I'm a veggie too. I've had the Shrimp Penne minus the shrimp that MsDis recommended. It's excellent but very rich, like an alfredo.

My first meal there I had the mozarella and tomato salad. It's excellent, beautiful and a great start to your meal. I followed that with the mushroom ragout (from the appetizer menu). I believe they also bring bread to the table. For dessert I had the banana gooey cake (heaven on earth!!:Pinkbounc).

I wanted to try the risotto but like most it was made with chicken stock.

Wonderful restaurant!!

Kahlula creme brulle- w/ cocount macaroon.

Wow! That sounds incredible! Thanks for posting all the new items secondcook.

Thanks Randy. Can't wait until we get there Wednesday so I can taste some of those items!!

mariecw-
The fact you can eat dairy does make our jobs easier. When we get vegans in, they do limit both their and our options, though we are always happy to accomodate special requests.

Salad wise, you'll have to skip the ceasar (anchovies), the cedar planked shrimp salad, leave the chicken out of the chinese chicken, and pass on the baked proscuitto piece on the tomato salad. The house is perfectly fine.

Appetizer wise, you'll have to skip our soups (lobster bisque of course has lobster, corn bisque has bacon and tortilla soup is chix stock-based). You'll have to leave the black bean coulis off the tostones (chix stock). You'll probably have to have the meat left of the pizza of the day( (though in the past we have run veggie pizzas), skip the shrimp sushi, shrimp and crab claw cocktails. The mushrrom sautee would be a great chocie.

Entree wise, I would recommend the shrimp primavera minus the shrimp, pasta of the day (dpeneds on what it is that day; if it utilizes tomat coulis sauce, substitute marinara for the coulis has chix stock), wrap (ask for an all-vegie wrap and we'll create a good combination for you), or we can substituet a portabello sandwich for the hamburger.

Kid's, unfortunately, will be limited to the cheese pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich substituted for the kid's burger.

Desert wise, your family will be ok. I just want other vegetarians to be advised the gooey cake does contain eggs and heavy cream, and the apple tatin has butter.

I just wanted to say that I have been on the DIS board for years...lurking and posting...and this post, by far has been one of the most informative and polite posts I have ever read.

I can't thank you enough for the excellent information given by Randy....you have no idea how much your valuable insight and knowledge has helped.

I plan on trying Mythos someday for all the wonderful reasons everyone has stated about this restaurant.

Again thanks for making my day!!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter