New Mythos Anniversary Menu

TheSecondCook

Now known as "TheFirstCook"
Well, it's our 3 year anniversary coming up, so the chefs have decided to create a menu with some of our all time favorites on it. This is going to be a MAJOR overhaul, very few items on our current menu are staying. Fearing termination, I won't post the new (old) menu until all items, descriptions and prices have been finalized. I believe we are starting this in a week of two, so maybe I'll be able to clue you all in more this Friday or so.

I love change, can't wait to see it! Hopefully the incredible risotto will be there! :)
BTW secondcook, I caught a glimpse of you while dining on Mother's Day then when I left you were nowhere to be found:(
Great job, food was excellent!

Great news...I was begining to wonder if they would ever change that menu. Please tell me that their getting rid of that aweful lobster/corn chowder concoction. Little tired of seeing the cedar plank salmon on every single special menu they've done for the past year. :-)

sorry things are so fast and on the change in the big town of Oviedo.

Slowpoke orlando and Universal will have to try to catch up.

:D

sorry things are so fast and on the change in the big town of Oviedo. Slowpoke orlando and Universal will have to try to catch up.
What does 'Slowpoke Orlando' have to do with this discussion and what does Oviedo or any other town have to do with the Mythos menu?

btw: The Oviedo McDonald's changes their menu more often than Mythos does and you couldn't pay me to live in Orange County.

The Oviedo McDonald's changes their menu more often than Mythos does and you couldn't pay me to live in Orange County.

Mythos changes its base menu pretty regularly (more so than many restaurants I've seen) but what changes daily and/or weekly are the specials. They keep a regular base menu (with popular choices like the lobster/corn bisque and the cedar plank salmon, but then you never really know what your other choices will be as they change the specials sometimes daily! I would imagine they've been around longer because of their popularity...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? :D
Personally, I don't like either of them, but it doesn't mean that others don't, or that they should take them off the menu.:rolleyes: The truth be told, I almost never order off of the regular menu any longer as the specials are usually quite imaginitive and tasty!
I sure do miss the tortilla soup though! :rolleyes: :mad: :D

Karen

Every time I've been there for about the past year, the menu on special ocassions has been exactly the same (ie, the $30 per person deal). I often go with the risotto of the day which has been good 2 out of 3 times. The cedar plank salmon was ok, but nothing special and certainly not as good as some of the the other things I've tried there. I still can't figure out how that lobster/corn concoction could be popular with anyone...yuck! :confused: :D

Originally posted by johare
Every time I've been there for about the past year, the menu on special ocassions has been exactly the same (ie, the $30 per person deal). I often go with the risotto of the day which has been good 2 out of 3 times. The cedar plank salmon was ok, but nothing special and certainly not as good as some of the the other things I've tried there. I still can't figure out how that lobster/corn concoction could be popular with anyone...yuck! :confused: :D

Yeah, they do tend to stick with that same special ocassion menu, the feast of the Gods or a variation thereof, but they have had some wonderful plated specials (aside from the risotto of the day) and those change daily and/or weekly. My personal favorite was the filet/lobster tail combo...but Kevin had a prime rib once with a lobster stuffed baked potato or something...I'd love to get a chance to try THAT special! :rolleyes:
They also have wine dinners from time to time that would be fun...
There are alot of things people eat that I can't comprehend, many of them involve fish...I'm strictly a shellfish person, but the smell of the bisque doesn't even appeal to me. I guess to each his own! :rolleyes:
On the risotto note, I hope they continue to offer a risotto of the day in addition to other specials!!! :)
Karen

msdisney-well, i hate to disapoint you, but the risooto is going to a static lobster risoto. However, we will be adding a pasta special of the day, so that sould be good. On the upside, the asparagus soup is leaving...mad props if you can guess what's replacing it! ;)

Originally posted by TheSecondCook
msdisney-well, i hate to disapoint you, but the risooto is going to a static lobster risoto. However, we will be adding a pasta special of the day, so that sould be good. On the upside, the asparagus soup is leaving...mad props if you can guess what's replacing it! ;)

You're getting to be more elusive than Earl!!! :eek:

Ok...pasta of the day sounds good, so long as EVERY day doesn't have seafood in it!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lobster risotto, I can think of WORSE things!!! ;) ;) :D

So...is there some *mild* chance that the tortilla soup will make a comeback??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :confused:

Karen

Originally posted by TheSecondCook
msdisney-well, i hate to disapoint you, but the risooto is going to a static lobster risoto.

I love Lobster risotto, but what is static risotto?

So, any word yet on what the new menu will be? I've been following this thread anxiously, can't wait to hear. We're visiting Universal in August, and have heard so many great things about Mythos. My family is vegetarian, andI'm hoping there'll be something wonderful for us!

Marie

cpm- it means that on the menu it will be "lobster risotto," not "risotto of the day" which utilizes our creativity and fresh ingredients. Now, that creativity will be turned on this new pasta of the day special.

msdiz- mad props!

Well, day one of our new anniversary menu is in the books. It went really well and we got great reviews. There are alot of menu items/changes to cover, and it wil take me a while to post them all. I just got back from seeing episode 2 in digital projection, so I'm barely keeping my eyelids open. I'll post it tommorrow night after I get together with my school team and work on our presentation. Take it easy !

The Corvina is back and as good as it was a year ago. This is the first dish i ever had a Mythos.

The Apple Tatin is back and the Praline Cheescake roll-up for dessert.

MsDis is in tortilla soup heaven with the return of this tasty soup.

The lobster rissoto looked good and will be lunch the next time we visit IOA. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter