***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

But you're assuming that everyone is going to start going to RD isn't that the same kind of assumption? When we started visiting Disney many years ago before FP it was general knowledge that if you want to avoid lines you go at RD but still so few people did it. Sleeping late beats avoiding lines with many people.

Sixty days out today.

Got to pick my fast pass + options this morning, had a hard time picking 2 from the second tier in Epcot. I didn't feel like the choices were something that I couldn't walk on at night. I chose Spaceship Earth and Nemo, I wish I could've picked Maelstrom instead, but I wasn't going to waste a top tier pick for that.

I did pick some character interactions in MK which will be cool, hopefully I don't look like a fool in line with all the other little princesses. princess: :rotfl:

Sixty days out today.

Got to pick my fast pass + options this morning, had a hard time picking 2 from the second tier in Epcot. I didn't feel like the choices were something that I couldn't walk on at night. I chose Spaceship Earth and Nemo, I wish I could've picked Maelstrom instead, but I wasn't going to waste a top tier pick for that.

I had the same thoughts on Epcot's first and second tiers, and I was also planning on selecting Maelstrom before I saw the tiers.

In a conversation with a MDE technical rep, I mentioned the same about Maelstrom and she said that she didn't understand it either. She equated having Maelstrom in the same teir with Soarin' and Test Track to having something like the PeopleMover in MK in the same tier with Space Mountain.

I had the same thoughts on Epcot's first and second tiers, and I was also planning on selecting Maelstrom before I saw the tiers.

In a conversation with a MDE technical rep, I mentioned the same about Maelstrom and she said that she didn't understand it either. She equated having Maelstrom in the same teir with Soarin' and Test Track to having something like the PeopleMover in MK in the same tier with Space Mountain.

It's a capacity thing. Test Track and Soarin don't hold many people and load more slowly than other rides. So they have to add things to the top tier to have enough "Tier 1" FP+ reservations to go around.

In a conversation with a MDE technical rep, I mentioned the same about Maelstrom and she said that she didn't understand it either. She equated having Maelstrom in the same tier with Soarin' and Test Track to having something like the PeopleMover in MK in the same tier with Space Mountain.

I know right!!! :rotfl::rotfl: I guess I'm lucky that I got Soarin for one day and Test Track for another day. I'd be really bummed if the best fp+ I could get was for Maelstrom! ;)

Quick question and I apologize if this was answered. Heading to the world in December (the weekend leading into Christmas). The whole tiered FP+ for Epcot and DHS has me concerned as we are only going to be in each park 1 day. My question is does anyone know if you can still get the paper fast passes at Rockin' roller coaster or soarin or test track?

Quick question and I apologize if this was answered. Heading to the world in December (the weekend leading into Christmas). The whole tiered FP+ for Epcot and DHS has me concerned as we are only going to be in each park 1 day. My question is does anyone know if you can still get the paper fast passes at Rockin' roller coaster or soarin or test track?

Yes, you can still get them. I had some discussion on this topic a page or two back, and I mentioned that a MDE technical rep who was helping me with FP+ selections confirmed that the regular FPs (aka FP-) will still be available and can be obtained using the KTTW cards and/or actual park tickets obtained through UT or similar sources. My discussion with her was actually about your same concerns, i.e. how do I ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster if I chose Toy Story with my FP+, and the same with Test Track and Soarin'.

BTW, I'll also be there the week before Christmas and I realized that GA and FL (at least Orlando) schools aren't out yet then. So, I'm hoping the crowds will be lighter, lines will be shorter, etc.

Yes, you can still get them. I had some discussion on this topic a page or two back, and I mentioned that a MDE technical rep who was helping me with FP+ selections confirmed that the regular FPs (aka FP-) will still be available and can be obtained using the KTTW cards and/or actual park tickets obtained through UT or similar sources. My discussion with her was actually about your same concerns, i.e. how do I ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster if I chose Toy Story with my FP+, and the same with Test Track and Soarin'.

BTW, I'll also be there the week before Christmas and I realized that GA and FL (at least Orlando) schools aren't out yet then. So, I'm hoping the crowds will be lighter, lines will be shorter, etc.

Note that at this time, guests staying at POP are NOT given KTTW cards if they are using MagicBands, and if not, are given a KTTW card that does not work in the FP kiosks currently (but works for FP+).

It is expected that more resorts will be like this soon as they wean people off the old FP system. But the schedule is not currently known.

Unless of course Disney expands to more resorts not giving out KTTW cards at check-in, like they are doing with POP right now. Some have speculated that more resorts will be made like this after Thanksgiving. If that happens, like me staying at POP, you will no longer be able to get paper fastpasses and be limited to just the 3 FP+ per day.

If they do put that restriction on more resorts, you can still pull FP- with other cards. AP's cards if you have them, your physical ticket, such as one bought from UT that you already linked to your MB, and some have said lately that they were also able to pull FP- with their Xmas party ticket that was linked to their MB. Also, old room only Kttw cards that never had tickets attached can pull FP-. So, no kttw does not mean no possibility of pulling FP- if you have access to any of the above mentioned cards at this time. I'm hoping for a kttw card but will be upgrading to an AP so will have that, and have Xmas party tickets to try, and my UT paper tickets.

Unless of course Disney expands to more resorts not giving out KTTW cards at check-in, like they are doing with POP right now. Some have speculated that more resorts will be made like this after Thanksgiving. If that happens, like me staying at POP, you will no longer be able to get paper fastpasses and be limited to just the 3 FP+ per day.

It's ironic that you replied to my post because my discussion with you a page or two back in this thread is the one I was referencing, in that I let you know that paper tickets, e.g. those obtained through UT (as I also mentioned above), and APs would also be valid for obtaining FP-...and you proceeded to ask if it would be possible to ask for your actual paper tickets from your MYW package.

Minniekins validated what I stated, with even more information.

It's ironic that you replied to my post because my discussion with you a page or two back in this thread is the one I was referencing, in that I let you know that paper tickets, e.g. those obtained through UT (as I also mentioned above), and APs would also be valid for obtaining FP-...and you proceeded to ask if it would be possible to ask for your actual paper tickets from your MYW package.

Minniekins validated what I stated, with even more information.

I have known for a long time that AP passes and regular tickets could pull FP-. In my previous posts I was only referencing that it is the KTTW cards given out at resorts which may soon all be gone in a few weeks (before Christmas), as they have already done to POP Century. Newer information says that perhaps even MVMCP cards can pull FP-. When I go down in a couple weeks, if POP is still the only resort doing this to it's guests, I plan to go into the parks with room only KTTW cards, MVMCP plastic cards, and anything else which might get me equal opportunity as other resort guests to pull FP-. Heck, even Kenny The Pirate's method is kind of looking good too if they don't fix that in 2 weeks.

Question-
I have a FP+ for DisneyJunior, how much before the show do you need to get there?

I just saw that I had the option to customize my MagicBands but it won't let me change the color. The only option available is Grey. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know how to fix it?

Definitely subscribing to this thread! Planning our first Disney vacation as a family in Sept. 2014 and my eyes are glazing over right now...

I just saw that I had the option to customize my MagicBands but it won't let me change the color. The only option available is Grey. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know how to fix it?
. They have only opened up customizing for trips through April I believe. I'm in the same boat as you with a trip in May. If your trip is May or later check back every once in awhile n it will change.

. They have only opened up customizing for trips through April I believe. I'm in the same boat as you with a trip in May. If your trip is May or later check back every once in awhile n it will change.

Yup, I just checked and I can customize my bands for late April. And still, since I have a split stay, I ended up customizing two sets of bands.

I customized my bands and my trip is April 7th. I picked orange.

Today was my 180 days for dining reservations and, surprise!, I can customize my magic bands for May 29th arrival at POP. Not sure if I will keep this reservation since I also have a reservation at the Dolphin. Waiting to see what happens with MB's...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter