New Homewood Suites - anyone stayed/reviews?

There are several new pictures up on their FB page. Looks beautiful!
We will be there three weeks from today! I can't wait!!!!
Is it within walking distance to the theme park entrance? Do they provide shuttle service?

No shuttle, but have been told that it is a fairly easy walk.

The hotel backs up to the Toy Story parking lot, and I have heard that you can use the shuttles there, even if you do not park in the lot.

We love Homewood Suites. Great, free daily breakfast, and a light dinner, beer and wine are served M-TH.

I almost decided to switch to this hotel from Candy Cane Inn next week. Love the idea of a brand new hotel, but I'm concerned about the distance to the park. Hard decision!
its right next to toy story lot so we will be walking there and catching a ride and from what i have heard toy story lot has buses going pretty much non stop so you shouldnt have to wait for one for long if at all

I just booked a King Family Suite for our Feb stay. But the location shown on the map is confusing. Is it on the same side as the Disney Parks??

I usually try to stay at Homewood Suites anyway, I like the brand and it's a lot of free food :D Lots of room too.
I just booked a King Family Suite for our Feb stay. But the location shown on the map is confusing. Is it on the same side as the Disney Parks??
It's on the east side of Harbour, on the same side as the Toy Story lot and all the hotels across from Disneyland.

We tried to rent DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian but we waited too long. So now I have two bookings.

We are booked at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance and also at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - next to the Toy Story parking lot. Both are cancellable reservations.

Just a big concerned about the distance from the Park entrance. We have to decide on where to stay!! Wish the Homewood Suites were closer.

We tried to rent DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian but we waited too long. So now I have two bookings.

We are booked at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance and also at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - next to the Toy Story parking lot. Both are cancellable reservations.

Just a big concerned about the distance from the Park entrance. We have to decide on where to stay!! Wish the Homewood Suites were closer.
I was trying to decide between the 2 but I am going with the Homewood because the free breakfast and dinners plus it's like $60/nt cheaper for our dates.

I was trying to decide between the 2 but I am going with the Homewood because the free breakfast and dinners plus it's like $60/nt cheaper for our dates.
Are you planning on using the Toy Story Shuttle? Do you know if there's a place close by where we can buy basic grocery items??

Are you planning on using the Toy Story Shuttle? Do you know if there's a place close by where we can buy basic grocery items??
Homewood Suites will grocery shop for you for free :D We are planning on using the Toy Story bus, yes. Super Target is not that far south of the hotel too.

What time do the Toy Story shuttles start going to DL? We have a 7am MM next week, plus some 8am regular openings. I don't want to miss MM waiting for a shuttle. Breakfast at Homewood Suites starts at 6:30, so we'd probably have to skip it if we want to make a 7am MM.

be careful with this hotel, they took reservations for early november for some conventions, etc. and even though they knew weeks in advance that they would not be open in time they waited until a few days before to give people a "take it or leave it" offer of a room at a hotel over a mile away for the same price.

heard reports of very rude customer service from people trying to get alternate rooms to be closer, and that they also paid yelp to take down reviews that voiced complaints over how the hotel handled the situation.

be careful with this hotel, they took reservations for early november for some conventions, etc. and even though they knew weeks in advance that they would not be open in time they waited until a few days before to give people a "take it or leave it" offer of a room at a hotel over a mile away for the same price.

heard reports of very rude customer service from people trying to get alternate rooms to be closer, and that they also paid yelp to take down reviews that voiced complaints over how the hotel handled the situation.
i had heard one if the other hotels handled the situation not well but those I had heard from that had reservations with Homewood handled it very well

I have noticed for my dates that they have added a new type of room that wasn't there when I booked. I had a 2 qn 1 bedroom suite, and now they also have a cheaper 2 qn studio (although more expensive now than what I booked my room at). Not sure if availability just opened or they didn't put them on the site until later.

I originally had a 7 night stay booked for early December but shuffled things about due to circumstances. I was watching the FB page closely and for awhile they allowed questions or posts by visitors but suddenly without warning they were removed in addition to any concerns of negativity and bad reviews ( reviews based on the delay/situations , etc.) . I too find that wrong because consumers should have all information available to make THEIR own choices and by hiding the issues it's not fixing anything.
I do hope the situations were resolved but that certainly left a sour taste in my mouth.

I originally had a 7 night stay booked for early December but shuffled things about due to circumstances. I was watching the FB page closely and for awhile they allowed questions or posts by visitors but suddenly without warning they were removed in addition to any concerns of negativity and bad reviews ( reviews based on the delay/situations , etc.) . I too find that wrong because consumers should have all information available to make THEIR own choices and by hiding the issues it's not fixing anything.
I do hope the situations were resolved but that certainly left a sour taste in my mouth.
I've got a stay at PVI booked for our same dates just in case. I'm hoping reviews come in in the next few weeks to make the decision easy :)

There's one review on tripadvisor now...from a level 6 contributor which I trust. I don't like the "one review" with Level 1 reviews...don't trust them. Anyhow...it's positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter