New Homewood Suites - anyone stayed/reviews?

I think I misunderstood the earlier question. The walk to the shuttle was .3 miles and maybe 5 minutes. The walk to the hotel from DL was one mile - 18 minutes with traffic lights. (I thought we were walking at a quick pace too.) I would say you can walk to/from DL, but I wouldn't want to more than once or twice if necessary.

We are here now. We've been here 4 nights and have 2 more nights to go. Hotel has been wonderful! I wouldn't change anything! We've used the Toy Story shuttle each day. All the employees have been wonderful! We are coming back in a couple of months! The King family rooms sleep 7!

We are here now. We've been here 4 nights and have 2 more nights to go. Hotel has been wonderful! I wouldn't change anything! We've used the Toy Story shuttle each day. All the employees have been wonderful! We are coming back in a couple of months! The King family rooms sleep 7!
Do you mind finding out how much they charge for leaving a grocery list?

Is there any way you can grab a picture of the menu for the month for the dinner receptions? We will be there on Wed and trying to figure out what my kids will/won't eat :)

We have booked a premium room at CCI, but they still won't guarantee a roll away. Also, the long stay discount at HS would save us $400 over the CCI. If you found the shuttles really easy, then it's a no brainer I think. Did you ever stay later than closing time, eg. go to Downtown Disney for a while? How long do the shuttles keep running? We'll be there mid-April, so schedules will probably be closing times at 8 or 9, so we would be keen to hang out at DD at times!

Here's the Dec night menu! First thoughts, very clean hotel, friendly staff. Not a bad walk at all to the bus. Rooms are smaller than I expected but not unreasonable (we have a 2 queen suite).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53
Stopped by the hotel a couple of days ago, and the photographers were in the lobby taking pictures for the Hilton website. They said the pictures would be up in a couple of weeks. I also took a tour of the hotel, and looked at a queen studio suite. Not a bad hotel. They even have gas BBQ grills out by the pool lounge for your use. There is a dishwasher in the room.

My mini review:
Always nice to have everything practically new, although some materials and construction were not the best quality. A towel rack near the sink was already broken on one end and kept falling.
Had the 2 queen 1 bedroom suite, and room is tight in some spots, particularly between bathroom sink and door to toilet/shower. The door from the toilet room opens right onto the area someone stands in front of the sink. I have stayed at a nearly identical floorplan at the residence inn marriott down the street, technically garden grove, and the residence inn seemed a little more spacious and airy, although older.

Kitchen had 2 burners, medium size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, plates, glasses, cutlery, stocked with a bag of microwave popcorn, tea, coffee, paper towels.

The bathroom had an "always on" fan with no switch that was very loud and could be heard from the beds, but didn't prevent me from sleeping, more like white noise.

Bed was a serta perfect sleeper for hilton, quite soft and comfortable. I like soft pillows that give some, but these were too soft and had little support. One long pillow and 2 smaller ones per queen.
I didn't notice anything unusually rough about the sheets that someone else mentioned. Not silk or sateen, but seemed fine to me.

Breakfast was good, can't go wrong with make your own waffles, except one day they ran out of regular syrup and only had sugar free left. Line for waffles was either no wait or short wait, not as bad as other hotels I've been at where everyone waits for 2 machines. Other days items included (split across days, not all on the same day) pancakes, omelette cakes, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, hash browns, hillshire farm style cut sausages, round canadian bacon (ham) slices, sausage links, french toast, french toast sticks I never saw any donuts, but they always had the same blueberry crumb type muffin, english muffins, bagels, white bread, cereal, oatmeal, apples, oranges, bananas, coffee, tea bags, swiss miss hot chocolate pouches.

The beverage dispenser had orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, although the orange juice was often very watered down or just needed to be refilled.

Parking was easy, except on the weekends it got packed. There was one parking lot light that continually flashed on/off, probably very distracting to someone in a nearby room. It was never fixed the time I was there. Walk to toy story lot for shuttle was quick except for a long crosswalk light (if you wait for it) and never a long wait for a shuttle although I felt weird walking in from the streets and thought the attendants would tell us to leave although they never did, and people from other hotels all over s harbor seemed to use it too.

I would stay again while it is still relatively "new" and the price is in the mid $100s. Better than comparably priced older hotels with musty smells.

Last edited:
Thanks for that mgd, we are still tossing up between this one and CCI. Did you catch Toy Story shuttle for a magic morning by any chance?

We stayed for 5 nights last week, and really liked it.

Rooms were large ( we had a 2 queen one bedroom suite) and nicely decorated. Beds were comfortable, and I did not notice anything about the sheets. My Mom was in another room though, and mentioned that the sheets were rough. My 15 year old son slept on the pull out couch and said it was pretty comfy.

We used the Toy Story Shuttle most of the time, and it was an easy walk from the hotel to the lot. It did not appear to be running prior to the MM opening. We did walk to/from the parks a few a times, and it is a very easy walk, as well.

The daily breakfast was pretty good, and a nice perk. The dinner reception, M-TH, was hit or miss, but still a nice offering to have. Monday was just soup/salad, cheese, crackers, and pretzels/trail mix. The rest of the week was a bit more hearty. We enjoyed the beer and wine that was offered too, and took a few glasses up to our room to enjoy after being in the parks at night. There is a Ruth Chris across the street, and they have a fabulous happy hour, until 6:30. Awesome burgers and fries for $8.00, so we did that on Sunday night.

Pool area was nice, and there was a fire pit, and they show movies by the pool at night, which was fun. There's also a basketball hoop, putting green, and a small arcade.

Minor annoyances-

Our toilet clogged twice.

The shower head was was pulled out from the wall. Like someone had tried to adjust it and broke it loose from the wall.

We did a load of laundry....$2 to wash, $2 to dry and $2 for detergent. I went to front desk to ask for an extra laundry bag, so that I could transport our clean clothes from the laundry area, back up to our room. They looked behind the desk, back in the office, then called housekeeping. The hotel was completely out of laundry bags. They gave me a huge black trash bag instead. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of life, but I just thought it was very odd.

Overall it was a great stay, and we would stay again!

I think I read in another post somewhere that the shuttles from the Toy Story Lot don't run for MM, but I could be wrong. They do only run for an hour after park closing.

This was our second time staying at this hotel, the first time being the first week they were open. It was MUCH more busy this week! There were lots of families with kids. Breakfast was a little crazy. LOTS of people. The nice thing though, is that they have lots of tables for everyone to sit at.

The sheets this time were a little softer compared to the first time we stayed and were the first people to stay in the room. I really think that they didn't wash the sheets before putting them on the bed for the first time and they were very rough and scratchy. Hopefully, they will get softer as they are washed more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter