New Homewood Suites - anyone stayed/reviews?

I'm curious about the bunk sizes. I read that the bunks at GCH are not regular size beds but much shorter. My 12 and 14 yr old are both 5'8" tall so I'm wondering if they would be too tall. I asked the hotel and the best answer they could give me was "between 5 and 6 feet"....that doesn't help much. lol!

I'm curious about the bunk sizes. I read that the bunks at GCH are not regular size beds but much shorter. My 12 and 14 yr old are both 5'8" tall so I'm wondering if they would be too tall. I asked the hotel and the best answer they could give me was "between 5 and 6 feet"....that doesn't help much. lol!

Here's a partial pic (hopefully the link works) of the bunks from their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/homewoodsu...0.1447820101./449631201908763/?type=3&theater

I actually stayed there last week, during the Avengers half marathon, a day after they opened. The staff at the front desk we interacted with couldn't have been nicer. The hotel definitely has that "new hotel" scent and is nicely furnished with a modern feel. We had a 2 queen bed suite, which was quite spacious. Since it was right after their opening day, some stuff still had not been completed but very small items (e.g. the paper towel holder was not screwed into the wall yet). Breakfast was quite good with plenty of seating. The outdoor area had a nice sized pool, kiddie pool, hot tub, putting green and basketball court.
The hotel is right next to the Toy Story lot. We would walk to the park in the morning (15-20 minute walk up Harbor) and take the TS shuttle back in the evening since we didn't feel like walking; although, to be honest, the length of time walking is about the same as the parking shuttle with the wait, drive, walk, etc. so depends how your feet are feeling.
I'm happy to answer any other questions, but I would definitely recommend it and would return without hesitation!

I actually stayed there last week, during the Avengers half marathon, a day after they opened. The staff at the front desk we interacted with couldn't have been nicer. The hotel definitely has that "new hotel" scent and is nicely furnished with a modern feel. We had a 2 queen bed suite, which was quite spacious. Since it was right after their opening day, some stuff still had not been completed but very small items (e.g. the paper towel holder was not screwed into the wall yet). Breakfast was quite good with plenty of seating. The outdoor area had a nice sized pool, kiddie pool, hot tub, putting green and basketball court.
The hotel is right next to the Toy Story lot. We would walk to the park in the morning (15-20 minute walk up Harbor) and take the TS shuttle back in the evening since we didn't feel like walking; although, to be honest, the length of time walking is about the same as the parking shuttle with the wait, drive, walk, etc. so depends how your feet are feeling.
I'm happy to answer any other questions, but I would definitely recommend it and would return without hesitation!
Awesome! Thanks for your feedback!!!

I booked it months ago for early December because it was the most reasonably-priced hotel in the area. The fact that it's brand new is an added plus!

WDW415 does the pool area have a water slide?it looks like it does in the photo, but it is not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks

I have noticed for my dates that they have added a new type of room that wasn't there when I booked. I had a 2 qn 1 bedroom suite, and now they also have a cheaper 2 qn studio (although more expensive now than what I booked my room at). Not sure if availability just opened or they didn't put them on the site until later.

How long ago did you book? I booked that room type back in July 2015 for a stay in March 2016. It looks like an awesome room, and only about $10 more per night, IIRC.

Bob

WDW415 does the pool area have a water slide?it looks like it does in the photo, but it is not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks
It doesn't I asked them about it on their FB they said they have pop jets? instead...it was originally suppose to

How long ago did you book? I booked that room type back in July 2015 for a stay in March 2016. It looks like an awesome room, and only about $10 more per night, IIRC.

Bob
Did you book the non-suite 2 qn studio back then? That is the cheaper one. I booked the 2qn 1 br suite a few months ago (late sept?) for $143 per night AAA rate. (now $170) The cheaper non-walled studio 2 qn is $152 AAA but I didn't see it available at the time I booked. Seems to be the same general configuration, minus the walls and smaller overall space.

I have to admit the AAA card has paid for itself if you stay at participating hotels and don't qualify for other discounts, sometimes $30 or more cheaper per night at some hotels.

Did you book the non-suite 2 qn studio back then? That is the cheaper one. I booked the 2qn 1 br suite a few months ago (late sept?) for $143 per night AAA rate. (now $170) The cheaper non-walled studio 2 qn is $152 AAA but I didn't see it available at the time I booked. Seems to be the same general configuration, minus the walls and smaller overall space.

Nope, I booked the larger 2 queen 1 BR suite -- the one that has a separate living room/dining room/kitchen. Booked it back in July, though I cancelled and rebooked at the beginning of Sept when I discovered, thanks to the DIS, that there's a big discount for 7 night stays. The 2 queen 1BR suite has been an option since at least July. I booked through hhonors.com, using my hhonors account. Can't say what shows up on hilton.com, though I'd assume they have the same room choices.

Bob

Nope, I booked the larger 2 queen 1 BR suite -- the one that has a separate living room/dining room/kitchen. Booked it back in July, though I cancelled and rebooked at the beginning of Sept when I discovered, thanks to the DIS, that there's a big discount for 7 night stays. The 2 queen 1BR suite has been an option since at least July. I booked through hhonors.com, using my hhonors account. Can't say what shows up on hilton.com, though I'd assume they have the same room choices.

Bob
Oh ok, the "new" room I was mentioning was the 2 qn non-suite studio. That is the one I'm not sure if they ever offered before recently. I know the 1 BR 2 qn has been there for a while.

Anyone know how exactly you get to the toy story lot where the busses pick you up? It looks like you have to walk around it, into and to the buss area. Rather than just being able to walk across the lot.

I just called someone at the front desk and was told that there's ART express that takes people to the park at $5 per adult. Has anybody tried this?
http://rideart.org

Last edited:
I just called someone at the front desk and was told that there's ART express that takes people to the park at $5 per adult. Has anybody tried this?
http://rideart.org
I have used ART our first year staying at Clarion it wasn't horrible all though it did seem like a lot of times we would be walking out the front door as it was pulling off, the Toy Story shuttle is Free, I read somewhere else it is maybe a 5 min walk to where you get on the Toy Story Shuttles....it you decide to go with ART getawaytoday.com usually has pretty good deals for it like where kids ride free and things.

Dumb question - but what is an ART express? Also, is that per day or per ride? It seems like $5.00 per day or ride seems like it would get really expensive.

Dumb question - but what is an ART express? Also, is that per day or per ride? It seems like $5.00 per day or ride seems like it would get really expensive.

ART is the Anaheim Resort Transportation system, a city bus system. It is $5 per day for an adult to use. It's cheaper if you buy a multi-day ticket. There are several ART lines and they pick up in front of a majority of the hotels in the area and take you directly to the Disneyland resort. You can also use it to get to Knott's Berry Farm, the Honda Center and other places in the area. When we stay a mile or more away, we use ART. It's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter