New DVC Ticket Deal

I am renting from a dvc member. Can she purchase promotional tickets for us? Also, will we get magic bands from dvc for this trip or do we have to purchase them?

I am renting from a dvc member. Can she purchase promotional tickets for us? Also, will we get magic bands from dvc for this trip or do we have to purchase them?

The magic bands should automatically ship to her address once she's entered the info for them on the website. (* not sure if the website has changed since I did it last February, but should be the same)

Purchasing the 4 day dvc passes is really between you and her. It doesn't hurt to ask. Just realize it is her option to say no as that's one more thing to worry about getting done and transferring funds for.

The magic bands should automatically ship to her address once she's entered the info for them on the website. (* not sure if the website has changed since I did it last February, but should be the same) Purchasing the 4 day dvc passes is really between you and her. It doesn't hurt to ask. Just realize it is her option to say no as that's one more thing to worry about getting done and transferring funds for.

Wouldn't the magic bands ship to the owner of the My Disney Experience account that the reservation is linked to? I would think the renter would link the reservation to their own account and the bands would ship to the renter.

Wouldn't the magic bands ship to the owner of the My Disney Experience account that the reservation is linked to? I would think the renter would link the reservation to their own account and the bands would ship to the renter.

This I do not know. I've never rented my points out and had to attempt this, and have no current reservation allowing me to set up the MDE account so I can look at the options available.

Wouldn't the magic bands ship to the owner of the My Disney Experience account that the reservation is linked to? I would think the renter would link the reservation to their own account and the bands would ship to the renter.[/QUO

Only a DVC renter can purchase this special ticket. If the owner chooses to purchase this for another person, only the only can purchase. Then the owner would give the other person the confirmation number given by MS. The other person would then enter the confirmation number into their own MDE account.:)

As far as magic bands related to this ticket, I purchased 2 tickets for myself and my husband by giving MS a credit card. We then linked the confirmation number into our MDE. This was about one and a half weeks ago, and we have not received magic bands related to this special ticket purchase. I was told that these tickets will "link" to the magic bands being shipped for our resort stay.

I am NOT AWARE of additional magic bands sent for this ticket and I have not received any. Any one else have any additional info on this?????:confused3

I just called MS. There are NO extra magic bands for these tickets provided. For guests staying on site the ticket will be linked to the resort reservation magic band which should be received about 10 days in advance of check in.

I just called MS. There are NO extra magic bands for these tickets provided. For guests staying on site the ticket will be linked to the resort reservation magic band which should be received about 10 days in advance of check in.

Funny, because I just received my AP bands and we still have the other 8 to be shipped (split stay) and I already have 2 outside of my AP bands. :scratchin

Just to be clear, MB's are your access to your MDE account.

MB's are issued to Disney resort guests and available for others to purchase.

Tickets, AP's, ADR's, and your resort reservation are listed in your MDE account.

If you have different tickets, regular and DVC discount deals, you need to have Guest Relations access your MDE account to identify which tickets are to be used first.

:earsboy: Bill

Funny, because I just received my AP bands and we still have the other 8 to be shipped (split stay) and I already have 2 outside of my AP bands. :scratchin

Similar issue has been happening with many AP and DVC owners.
I'm surprise fixing this issue has not become a priority for Disney. What a waste.

I read of one person who's planning decorating their Christmas tree with all their magic bands.

AP bands are sent out by Disney Destinations as a special AP promotion to make you feel special because you bought an AP. You will normally receive on set of AP bands per trip for each AP holder. You will receive the regular MB's also if you have a Disney resort reservation.

The reason for MB's is to move guests through the turn styles faster, track your location, and to provide revenue generating interactions.

In the future, Disney will allow the different systems that generate the MB mailings talk to each other to stop the duplicate mailings.

:earsboy: Bill

The reservation would be made with the renters address so that would be the default address for MBs to ship to.

Thank you for the first-hand report. That should settle the debate about the member needing to be present to activate the tickets.
Sounds like this debate is over, but just to add two points:
  1. I stopped by GS @ MK gate and asked if I needed to pick up or otherwise activate these tickets if already linked to MDE and they said no--given they literally sit 20 feet from the entrance they should know since people would come right back if they were wrong.
  2. FWIW in general a lot of the people around me in line were there because their tickets (not necessarily DVC tickets) didn't work despite being linked to MDE. In this case, I assume if they've already been linked to someone else's account, they'd just ask for their ID not the DVC member, but you never know with GS/Disney -- I've had the pleasure of being held hostage by GS (literally - threatened to keep my tickets if I left) because I didn't have the receipt for my paper tickets (this was back when they were converting over to RFID), so wouldn't be surprised by anything they would do.
I am on the fence as to buying them for my oldest son's family to use since I will not be traveling with them & they also have existing non-expiry MYW tix already linked to their accounts.

we were told that once a MYW tix is linked to your account it is non-assignable or remove-able. too bad, as it would be a simple fix for the issues we experienced imo.
One possible solution is to not link the 4-day tickets to MDE if you already have MYW tickets linked to MDE. You'll still be able to book FP+ on MDE with the MYW tickets there, then can get physical RFID tickets mailed to you or pick up at GS for the 4-day passes and can use those without linking them to MDE (using the RFID cards w/ 4-day tix to enter the park and using MB for FP+). Should work as long as you never link the 4-day tickets to MDE, since the two tickets won't be linked to the same account. That said, if you don't link them, expect a trip to GS since they don't like tickets that aren't linked to a specific name/address (which was why I got held hostage at GS in my story above)
The DVC member can purchase up to 8 tickets (themselves) to give to anyone they want. The challenge is they may want to use them themselves, and may not be comfortable paying for your tickets and getting reimbursed (which technically isn't allowed).
The magic bands should automatically ship to her address once she's entered the info for them on the website. (* not sure if the website has changed since I did it last February, but should be the same)
The DVC reservation should be in the name and address of the renter, and DVC reservations do not automatically link to MDE, so as long as the renter has the DVC confirmation # they should be able to link to their MDE, and magic band order will show up in their MDE, and ship to their address(must confirm address to ship). The only situation in which they would ship to the DVC member is if they are guests staying with the DVC member, and the DVC member links the reservation to their MDE account, and maps their guests to MDE Guests managed by the owner's MDE account. If they map the guests to MDE Guests mapped to their own MDE account, the reservation will still show up in their guest's MDE account, and I assume the MB order would as well.
Keep in mind those MBs are already linked to you. You can deactivate them, but not sure you can reassign them for someone else. My guess is no. That said, guests of DVC members still get MBs so as long as they are staying at DVC, they will get MBs.
Similar issue has been happening with many AP and DVC owners.
I'm surprise fixing this issue has not become a priority for Disney. What a waste.

I read of one person who's planning decorating their Christmas tree with all their magic bands.
You get a MB with every AP or renewal-- there is no way to prevent this. However, MBs per DVC/WDW hotel stay are only shipped if you confirm your address for the order online. If you don't, they will have generic, non-customized bands waiting for you when you show up. However, if you show up with your AP bands or other bands they will simply activate the ones you brought and reuse the generic ones for other guests. I just did this twice so know for certain.

One nit on MBs -- they don't automatically associate to your hotel room even if MB and DVC reservation both linked to MDE -- CM will have to manually do that at the front desk. So if you want to use multiple bands throughout the week (e.g. one with a cover, one to use at the pool so you don't have to take off the cover), you'll need to have them all associated with your room when you check in. Even if you do that, you'll probably find about half of the bands (IME) don't work and you'll have to go back to the front desk. It's done manually so subject to error, and even when done right the MB system seems to be very buggy. In addition to two MBs (out of 4) not working for hotel room, 1 didn't link correctly to the MNSSH despite the AP being linked to it and both being linked in MDE. Spent a good hour (and missed breakfast, which they were kind enough to cancel without a fee) at GS to figure that one out.

It has bothered me that once you link a ticket to your MDE, you can't ever unlink it. I understand once it's been used, but currently my Father has a 5 day MYW ticket on his account unused. It was a trip he planned on entering the parks on 4 days, and UT had the 5 day for the same price as the 4. Before leaving for the trip, he found 2 old (From the early 90's) 4 day park hopper tickets that still each had a day left on them. with those, and the christmas party ticket, he decided just to go in the park 2 days, and use the party ticket and meet us at 4 on the 3rd day.

Long story short, he never used the 5 day pass, but it's forever linked to him. Since I am linked to his MDE account, I'm able to transfer the ticket to myself...but it can't be removed. IF anyone were to use it, we have to link MDE accounts and share all information in order to transfer the ticket. What a PIA. I don't understand why tickets can't be unlinked if unused.

It has bothered me that once you link a ticket to your MDE, you can't ever unlink it. I understand once it's been used, but currently my Father has a 5 day MYW ticket on his account unused. It was a trip he planned on entering the parks on 4 days, and UT had the 5 day for the same price as the 4. Before leaving for the trip, he found 2 old (From the early 90's) 4 day park hopper tickets that still each had a day left on them. with those, and the christmas party ticket, he decided just to go in the park 2 days, and use the party ticket and meet us at 4 on the 3rd day.

Long story short, he never used the 5 day pass, but it's forever linked to him. Since I am linked to his MDE account, I'm able to transfer the ticket to myself...but it can't be removed. IF anyone were to use it, we have to link MDE accounts and share all information in order to transfer the ticket. What a PIA. I don't understand why tickets can't be unlinked if unused.
If it was never used and was not activated in his name otherwise, you should be able to reassign it.

If it was never used and was not activated in his name otherwise, you should be able to reassign it.
Yep, can't unlink but can reassign in MDE. Go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ > My Disney Experience > Reservations and Tickets, and under Ticket and Passes click Reassign Ticket next to the ticket. You could try creating a Guest (e.g. "Mickey Mouse" :))managed by your MDE account, and transfer the unused ticket to them just as a placeholder for the ticket so it doesn't get used first.

rfc0001 said:
Yep, can't unlink but can reassign in MDE. Go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ > My Disney Experience > Reservations and Tickets, and under Ticket and Passes click Reassign Ticket next to the ticket. You could try creating a Guest (e.g. "Mickey Mouse" :))managed by your MDE account, and transfer the unused ticket to them just as a placeholder for the ticket so it doesn't get used first.

Just saw the same thing in MADE this morning giving the option of reassigning!

It has bothered me that once you link a ticket to your MDE, you can't ever unlink it. I understand once it's been used, but currently my Father has a 5 day MYW ticket on his account unused. It was a trip he planned on entering the parks on 4 days, and UT had the 5 day for the same price as the 4. Before leaving for the trip, he found 2 old (From the early 90's) 4 day park hopper tickets that still each had a day left on them. with those, and the christmas party ticket, he decided just to go in the park 2 days, and use the party ticket and meet us at 4 on the 3rd day. Long story short, he never used the 5 day pass, but it's forever linked to him. Since I am linked to his MDE account, I'm able to transfer the ticket to myself...but it can't be removed. IF anyone were to use it, we have to link MDE accounts and share all information in order to transfer the ticket. What a PIA. I don't understand why tickets can't be unlinked if unused.
See, I think it's an improvement. In the past, you had to write your name or sign the physical ticket when you bought it, so it couldn't be reassigned even if never used. Yes, it might be a hassle to link an MDE account, but at least it's possible.

last year, we all had to buy 2 day tickets for free dining. I just went to MS at DTD and had then unlink a 2 day ticket from DD account and give me a hard ticket.

It has bothered me that once you link a ticket to your MDE, you can't ever unlink it. I understand once it's been used, but currently my Father has a 5 day MYW ticket on his account unused. It was a trip he planned on entering the parks on 4 days, and UT had the 5 day for the same price as the 4. Before leaving for the trip, he found 2 old (From the early 90's) 4 day park hopper tickets that still each had a day left on them. with those, and the christmas party ticket, he decided just to go in the park 2 days, and use the party ticket and meet us at 4 on the 3rd day. Long story short, he never used the 5 day pass, but it's forever linked to him. Since I am linked to his MDE account, I'm able to transfer the ticket to myself...but it can't be removed. IF anyone were to use it, we have to link MDE accounts and share all information in order to transfer the ticket. What a PIA. I don't understand why tickets can't be unlinked if unused.
Agreed. If unused you should be able to unlink via the website. Another nice thing would be to deactivate a ticket (such as a non-expiring) so that if you either bought a different ticket with a package or just had an option like this DVC ticket deal that you could designate what ticket was used without having to waste anytime dealing with entry being taken from the ticket you didn't want used.

These scenarios were easily handled with paper tickets but Disney rarely seems to think of the scenarios of frequent visitors first.

It's nice to hear that GS can at least unlink but there are scenarios you'd want it unlinked long before you got onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter