New DVC Ticket Deal

Agreed. If unused you should be able to unlink via the website. Another nice thing would be to deactivate a ticket (such as a non-expiring) so that if you either bought a different ticket with a package or just had an option like this DVC ticket deal that you could designate what ticket was used without having to waste anytime dealing with entry being taken from the ticket you didn't want used.

These scenarios were easily handled with paper tickets but Disney rarely seems to think of the scenarios of frequent visitors first.

It's nice to hear that GS can at least unlink but there are scenarios you'd want it unlinked long before you got onsite.

IMO it sounds like part of their MDE/MB business plan. Disney often makes revenue reducing actions difficult. An example would be that you can't buy non-expiration tickets directly on-line anymore, only at guest relations.

:earsboy: Bill

IMO it sounds like part of their MDE/MB business plan. Disney often makes revenue reducing actions difficult. An example would be that you can't buy non-expiration tickets directly on-line anymore, only at guest relations. :earsboy: Bill

It's very possible.

But they also have a history of thinking only of the straight forward transactions first such as a family that would come once and only ever own a single ticket.

It's very possible.

But they also have a history of thinking only of the straight forward transactions first such as a family that would come once and only ever own a single ticket.

I think that we think that's what they think but in reality they are smarter than we think! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

See, I think it's an improvement. In the past, you had to write your name or sign the physical ticket when you bought it, so it couldn't be reassigned even if never used. Yes, it might be a hassle to link an MDE account, but at least it's possible.
Glad that works -- always better to have control to solve your own problem online than spend hours in line @ GS :thumbsup2
Sorry MDE.
Whew, thought we had a new Disney Acronymn on our hands. False alarm :firefight

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 two snaps up to Disney Ticket Research Department!!!

I submitted an email on Monday describing the following and received a phone call this afternoon!

The CM informed me that yet another day had disappeared off our original MYW tickets since we had left WDW!:confused3 They had removed a day for park entrance on October 3rd, when we were still at home in Pittsburgh.:confused: She looked into it and discovered one of the CMs had deducted that date during our recent trip...but it was indicated October 3, 2013.

I was put on hold a few times, however, the CM was very courteous and apologetic. She agreed that having the tickets attached to our account would be an issue going forward, especially since we don't plan on using them until after exhausting AP vouchers we have on hand.

I requested if she could cancel the original tickets and send new ones. That wasn't permissible but she was able to cancel them, note our file and issue two new, two day park hoppers to our MDE account which are assignable. A far better outcome than I had expected!
below is recount of my original issues using the tickets.

Used the tix last week for myself & DH. Ordered & assigned the numbers to MDE.

we already had leftover non expiry MYW tix, which was the root of our problems during the week. Appears as though the system automatically deducts the tix with the least # of days. It is a known problem that they are trying to fix.

Unfortunately, we also ran into last years' MNSSHP issue wherein those who enter the party after 4 pm but make FP+, find themselves unable to book one day on their primary ticket media...the system counts the party day against the FP+ entitlement. It's been over a year of working on that resolution with no relief in sight.

became the norm that when we entered a park the non expiry tixs were used vs the DVC special ones.:headache: First day we waited a half hour outside epcot (I wanted to try to designate the tix being utilized that day before entering the park, but was told to just enter then stand inside at GS again to verify.:confused3).

Another 20 min spent at GS, then routed over to the Magic Band area next door where it took a solid hour to try and fix with multiple CM, phone calls & experts called in to assist.:rolleyes1 note that DH & I had to produce driver's licenses, DVC cards & magic bands. The did manage to reinstate the MYW tix and deduct the DVC one day.

the next day we were doing MNSSHP & advised not to wear our bands, only to utilize the tix at 4 pm. that worked well. we were able to book FP+ after 4 pm with the party tix.

our 3rd day we entered MGM. Again, the MYW tix were deducted. I didn't bother to check until the next day inside MK @ GS. Note that two days were deducted from the MYW tix at that point:rolleyes:

got it fixed and double checked before we left that all our MYW tix were still intact and that the DVC tix were utilized. I found it irritating to go thru this on a short visit to the parks. those with a more laid-back personality might view it differently.

I am on the fence as to buying them for my oldest son's family to use since I will not be traveling with them & they also have existing non-expiry MYW tix already linked to their accounts.

we were told that once a MYW tix is linked to your account it is non-assignable or remove-able. too bad, as it would be a simple fix for the issues we experienced imo.

Glad you got a satisfying resolution. One question though. I thought MYW tickets were reassign able if they haven't been used. I assigned tix to my parents for our upcoming trip. Now they are not coming. I just left them assigned to them in my MDE account but if I wanted to use them at a later date myself I thought that I could??

Glad you got a satisfying resolution. One question though. I thought MYW tickets were reassign able if they haven't been used. I assigned tix to my parents for our upcoming trip. Now they are not coming. I just left them assigned to them in my MDE account but if I wanted to use them at a later date myself I thought that I could??

Thank you. It's my understanding that if the tickets are unused (ours were partially used) they can re-assigned on the MDE website but each adult needs to log into their MDE account to accomplish. You might want to make a call to the technical help desk, can be reached via contact us link on website.

Wow. This is a long thread. Sounds like I can buy these tickets for grand niece and nephew for use in March. Correct? I am at WDW right now. Any advantage to buying them at Guest Relations while I am here?

Thank you. It's my understanding that if the tickets are unused (ours were partially used) they can re-assigned on the MDE website but each adult needs to log into their MDE account to accomplish. You might want to make a call to the technical help desk, can be reached via contact us link on website.

Thank you! I will leave the On there for now incase my parents ends up going. They don't have an MDE account. I added them to mine, so I thunk that I will be able to reassign. I don't want to now because I have AP's linked to mine and don't want to mess them up. I will wait until I or someone in my family needs to use them.

Has anyone upgraded these tickets to APs? What is the cost to do that? We definitely need more than 4 days at the parks!

Has anyone upgraded these tickets to APs? What is the cost to do that? We definitely need more than 4 days at the parks!

There's no price advantage to buying these tickets & then upgrading. You will get $199 applied to your AP purchase, there is no bridging.

There's no price advantage to buying these tickets & then upgrading. You will get $199 applied to your AP purchase, there is no bridging.

Can we still upgrade to APs using the DVC discount? I want to make our FP+ reservations for our trip in January, but I'm not ready to fork over the $400+ yet for APs. If we did these passes, we could make 4 days of FP+ and then maybe make the rest once we do the upgrade....is that right?

Can we still upgrade to APs using the DVC discount? I want to make our FP+ reservations for our trip in January, but I'm not ready to fork over the $400+ yet for APs. If we did these passes, we could make 4 days of FP+ and then maybe make the rest once we do the upgrade....is that right?

Yes, you can upgrade to the DVC Annual Pass. There was a glitch with these passes that you can only make 1 day of FP+, I'm not sure if it was fixed.

Yes, you can upgrade to the DVC Annual Pass. There was a glitch with these passes that you can only make 1 day of FP+, I'm not sure if it was fixed.

We were successful making our four days of FP about 3 weeks ago using the 4 day DVC ticket!:)
GOOD LUCK!:thumbsup2

You are better off getting tickets from UT and upgrading once you use once. That way you can still book FP and get the bridging.:thumbsup2

Keishashadow or anyone else.....DH had a non expiring ticket on his MDE which I used to make FP's with last montj. I wanted a buy him the promo ticket at guest services when we arrive but not link it. I planned to ask for a plastic ticket but have him wear his mb gor the existing FP's on there.Will this work?

Forgive me but to save the time of reading through 18 pages of replies I have a question. Can these tickets be bought over the phone. I am a DVC member so would I just call the DVC customer service number?

Forgive me but to save the time of reading through 18 pages of replies I have a question. Can these tickets be bought over the phone. I am a DVC member so would I just call the DVC customer service number?
Yes, you can purchase over the phone. Just call Member Services.

Keishashadow or anyone else.....DH had a non expiring ticket on his MDE which I used to make FP's with last montj. I wanted a buy him the promo ticket at guest services when we arrive but not link it. I planned to ask for a plastic ticket but have him wear his mb gor the existing FP's on there.Will this work?

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, so am making some assumptions. (I do not think you can use MB FP+ assigned to your MDE account if you use a ticket not linked to MDE for admission. I could be wrong, though. There have been some interesting MDE/FP+ "glitches reported. However, I personally wouldn't take the chance of any "glitch" remaining in effect for my trip, LOL)

If you want DH to use the promo ticket for this trip and save the non-expiring ticket, tell Guest Services when you buy the ticket They will link the promo ticket to your DH and prioritize use so that the promo ticket is used before the non-expiring ticket. FP+ should "transfer", so you won't lose them.

Again, just be clear abut what you want and be sure you abide by the terms of the promo ticket so you don't inadvertently use the non-expiring ticket. Be sure to check your MDE account periodically to make sure the days are being correctly used & go back to Guest Services if they are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter