New DVC Ticket Deal

Ok my dh and I are owners my dd who is 21 is going to disney world in January on our points without us boooo.....:mad: So can I purchase this ticket for her?

Ok my dh and I are owners my dd who is 21 is going to disney world in January on our points without us boooo.....:mad: So can I purchase this ticket for her?

I've been told that this will work..
Since you will not be physically there to pick up on the first day of ticket use, you as the member can purchase the ticket with MS. If she has a magic band from a past stay, once you link the ticket for her in her MDE, then she will have no problem and she will be "good to go" just like with any other ticket.
IF she doesn't have a magic band, then IF she can get a hold of a purchased magic band from WDW and perhaps have it shipped to her, THEN the tickets will be linked to the magic band through MDE. I am told to simply enter the number from the UNACTIVATED magic band into MDE, enter the confirmation number from the MS ticket transaction, then she can do her FP 60 days in advance! BEST OF LUCK!:thumbsup2

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, so am making some assumptions. (I do not think you can use MB FP+ assigned to your MDE account if you use a ticket not linked to MDE for admission. I could be wrong, though. There have been some interesting MDE/FP+ "glitches reported. However, I personally wouldn't take the chance of any "glitch" remaining in effect for my trip, LOL)

If you want DH to use the promo ticket for this trip and save the non-expiring ticket, tell Guest Services when you buy the ticket They will link the promo ticket to your DH and prioritize use so that the promo ticket is used before the non-expiring ticket. FP+ should "transfer", so you won't lose them.

Again, just be clear abut what you want and be sure you abide by the terms of the promo ticket so you don't inadvertently use the non-expiring ticket. Be sure to check your MDE account periodically to make sure the days are being correctly used & go back to Guest Services if they are not.[/QUOTE]

that is how I was told it would work, but it didn't whether due to it being early in the promo ticket roll out or not I cannot say.

Great idea! :thumbsup2 I never thought to check the tix on our MDE account vs standing in line @ guest services when in the park:headache:. Wasn't suggested to me by any CM I interacted with either.

,Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise
Ok my dh and I are owners my dd who is 21 is going to disney world in January on our points without us boooo..... So can I purchase this ticket for her?

Can I purchase passes for the two other girls that will be vacationing on my points even though I won't be there they don't have magic bands though...

,Quote:
Ok my dh and I are owners my dd who is 21 is going to disney world in January on our points without us boooo..... So can I purchase this ticket for her?

Can I purchase passes for the two other girls that will be vacationing on my points even though I won't be there they don't have magic bands though...

Only way it will work is if the two other girls purchase magic bands from the on line Disney Store, just heard that they began selling magic bands on Monday. They set up their own MDE account. I would make separate purchases for all of them so they have a separate confirmation number from MS for their tickets. They then link the confirmation number in their own separate MDE account, link the number on the magic band that they purchase into MDE and their you have it!
That is the best of my understanding on this one...Call MS to confirm!
Hope that they have a BLAST!:)

Only way it will work is if the two other girls purchase magic bands from the on line Disney Store, just heard that they began selling magic bands on Monday. They set up their own MDE account. I would make separate purchases for all of them so they have a separate confirmation number from MS for their tickets. They then link the confirmation number in their own separate MDE account, link the number on the magic band that they purchase into MDE and their you have it!

Thanks for all you help :goodvibes

,Quote:

Why don't they have magic bands? Bands should be included since the girls are staying in a Disney resort.

Wait, so we can buy these for anybody we want? Or only household members?

My Nephew is taking his family to WDW/US in Feb-can I buy these for them to use?

My Nephew is taking his family to WDW/US in Feb-can I buy these for them to use?

Based on the reports here, these tickets can be used by anybody. If you have to pick up the tickets, it's unclear if you'll need to show a member ID, but if they are linked to an MDE account and you have MagicBands, there's no additional activation required.

Why don't they have magic bands? Bands should be included since the girls are staying in a Disney resort.

Yes, absolutely, if staying on site, will have MB's! Problem solved!:thumbsup2
If staying offsite, easy now...just purchase from the Disney Store!:thumbsup2

Can purchase max 8 tickets...must be used by 3rd week of May of 15...think MS mentioned May 21st or 24th, FIRST USE, first day of park use something like that...Didn't pay attention...Using WAY before that!:)

GOOD LUCK!:cool1:

Based on the reports here, these tickets can be used by anybody. If you have to pick up the tickets, it's unclear if you'll need to show a member ID, but if they are linked to an MDE account and you have MagicBands, there's no additional activation required.

Hmm, might look into this.

Looks like each member can purchase up to 8, so 16 for a couple, but need to use by spring.

BTW, you don't need an actual magic band -- any RFID card linked to MDE works the same as a MB (e.g. old Disney hotel RFID keys, old MYW RFID tickets, etc -- if you go to MDE they are still linked).
It's all fun and games until your MB/RFID ticket don't work and you have to visit GS then all bets are off -- GS can require ID/DVC membership for original purchaser of tickets per stated terms
Hmm, might look into this.

Looks like each member can purchase up to 8, so 16 for a couple, but need to use by spring.
Clarification -- a "member" is considered a member ID not a physical person. So, you have 8 tickets per UY (membership).

BTW, you don't need an actual magic band -- any RFID card linked to MDE works the same as a MB (e.g. old Disney hotel RFID keys, old MYW RFID tickets, etc -- if you go to MDE they are still linked).It's all fun and games until your MB/RFID ticket don't work and you have to visit GS then all bets are off -- GS can require ID/DVC membership for original purchaser of tickets per stated termsClarification -- a "member" is considered a member ID not a physical person. So, you have 8 tickets per UY (membership).

8 should be enough, but do numerous contracts make a difference-I suppose not.

Can purchase max 8 tickets...must be used by 3rd week of May of 15...think MS mentioned May 21st or 24th, FIRST USE, first day of park use something like that...Didn't pay attention...Using WAY before that!:)

GOOD LUCK!:cool1:

Thanks, I think we may have a need for 8-a few groups want to come down and also hit US/IOA so works pretty well.

8 should be enough, but do numerous contracts make a difference-I suppose not.
Depends... Multiple contracts on one UY is still considered one membership; Multiple contracts on multiple UYs is considered one membership per UY. One exception is if multiple contracts on titled differently (e.g. to you on one, your husband on the other), in which case you would have multiple memberships for the same UY. Disney doesn't put any logic into this, it's just the way it works, technically :)

My DH & I used the tickets last month. I linked them to my MB with the number DVC Member Services gave me. I never needed to pick them up. They were virtual tickets and all ready to go. Worked like a charm.

My DH & I used the tickets last month. I linked them to my MB with the number DVC Member Services gave me. I never needed to pick them up. They were virtual tickets and all ready to go. Worked like a charm.

That's great to hear (read)!:thumbsup2

It's 8 per member household, not per member (at least according to the fine print! ;))

I've been trying since Friday to buy these for 4 family members who are traveling with us next month (DH & I have our annual passes). I have now spoken to 4 very helpful MS CMs over 3 days and none has been able to get the ticketing system to work for the Promo tickets. :confused3

If anyone has success, please post here! I will be trying again either tomorrow or Tuesday! :thumbsup2

Not sure why they can't get it to work.:confused3 I ordered these tickets online last month with no problem. Just followed the link on the MS webpage. They automatically linked to MDE and I even received the hard tickets in the mail. Had no problem booking FP+ for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter