Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each Deluxe room has two balconies and one is a full-sized balcony. One balcony is off the living room and one is off the bedroom. The one that is off the bedroom is a Juliette-style and is very small. It can only accommodate about two people standing:
View attachment 89819

The one that is off the living room is a regular full-sized balcony:
View attachment 89820

None of the balcony railings are solid like some on the 6th floor and all of the 7th floor. However, the 5th floor Deluxe rooms at the end of the South and North Wings do have obstructed views due to the slats:
View attachment 89824

There are a total of 15 Deluxe rooms in the South Wing and 10 in the north wing. There aren't any underneath the VP Suite in the North Wing (above Roaring Fork), but there are 5 underneath the Pres. Suite in the South Wing.

Welcome to the thread! How exciting that your DD is entering the DCP! It's so sweet of you to treat her to a CL stay at WL. While there aren't any hot pasta dishes served, the only hot appetizer that might be meatless that I recall is the Shepherd's Pie, but even that might have some ground beef; most of the hot appetizers have some meat and/or fish. There are more cold vegetarian options than hot. There is usually only one hot appetizer each evening, sometimes two. POST 9 has the daily menus.

See my post above regarding Deluxe rooms.

Welcome and I'd be happy to add your dates.

You would have to book a Courtyard View and request a "WL or INNER CYV" in order to have a view of the EWP. All of these CYV rooms have views of Bay Lake with the upper rooms having the best views.

Congratulations on booking WL! The STD View rooms are "off the lobby" in the South and North wings so your door will open up to the lobby below.

Welcome and I'll add you, Jodi:)

Welcome to the thread and thank you! Do you mean a Standard VIEW or a Standard Club Level room?

Yes, that would fit. Even if your room doesn't have a fan, like the WL Deluxe rooms or some other rooms at other Deluxe Resorts, you can always request a box fan and housekeeping will bring one. We used one in the Deluxe room because their fans had been removed and replaced with a light.
Yay! Today we got a courtyard view with bunk beds with annual pass holder's offer! Any tips for that room request appreciated!

KOOK, just wanted to add that when a CL CM gave us a tour of the WL deluxe CL rooms last month, we saw one on the ground floor near the boat dock. This one had just one small enclosed patio off the living room and no balcony off the bedroom. Yikes! If I could request "not this room," I would! The deluxe rooms look perfect for us next year, as long as we get one with the balconies pictured above.

Just switched from a woods to a courtyard view because I wanted to add an extra night. I've only experience a standard view so I am looking forward to it. I've read that the courtyard view can be loud, but I'll hardly be at the resort during the day. I am counting down the days. Love this thread.

Super excited, Just booked a Segway tour for my Granddaughter and myself. Need to be at the Bike rental by 8:15 AM, what is the best way to make that happen? If we walk, how much time should we allow?

Super excited, Just booked a Segway tour for my Granddaughter and myself. Need to be at the Bike rental by 8:15 AM, what is the best way to make that happen? If we walk, how much time should we allow?
Do you know if there is a age limit on the Segway tour?

Hi, first time posting on this thread -- we're not going to stay at VWL until Thanksgiving and I've been consumed with my June trip, so I haven't spent too much time keeping up with this thread, but I have a question.

I noticed on the DIS main page, one of the stories is:

Bus route to be tested from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

Walt Disney World is testing a direct bus route from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The test will take place from 4:00pm to 11:30pm daily for four weeks. Guests can use this route to get to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness.

I'm sooooooo confused. I thought that in addition to being able to take the boat to/from MK, that they also already had bus service. I think I'm just missing something, but I don't know what. Could someone clarify for me, please? Thanks!

Hi, first time posting on this thread -- we're not going to stay at VWL until Thanksgiving and I've been consumed with my June trip, so I haven't spent too much time keeping up with this thread, but I have a question.

I noticed on the DIS main page, one of the stories is:

Bus route to be tested from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

Walt Disney World is testing a direct bus route from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The test will take place from 4:00pm to 11:30pm daily for four weeks. Guests can use this route to get to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness.

I'm sooooooo confused. I thought that in addition to being able to take the boat to/from MK, that they also already had bus service. I think I'm just missing something, but I don't know what. Could someone clarify for me, please? Thanks!

That's the same thought I had when I read that. They do already have bus service. maybe the difference is that it will be direct??

From later in the same thread, it appears the new (possibly only temporary) route will stop at WL first and then use the back route between WL and Settlement Hall at FW, bypassing the front of FW: New bus service between MK & FtW

OK, that makes sense. I've never stayed at FW, but doesn't the bus usuallly stop out front and then you have to take an internal bus? So this would be different, and IMHO better for a lot of people, particularly those for dinner shows!

OK, that makes sense. I've never stayed at FW, but doesn't the bus usuallly stop out front and then you have to take an internal bus? So this would be different, and IMHO better for a lot of people, particularly those for dinner shows!
Those HDDR shows and the Mickey's BBQ are the main reasons for this new route. Most people actually staying at FW probably wouldn't have much use for this route. I hope it sticks around. I guess we'll see what happens in the long run, but I've been wondering if this could mean that Disney would use this new route to replace those late buses to the resorts from the late HDDR shows. Those HDDR guests could go to the MK bus depot this way and then catch their resort buses there, instead of right at HDDR.

So glad I found this thread, a wealth of information.
Staying in a Courtyard View August 2015 for 4 nights with DH, DS and DD. (I think I did that right. :D)
Previously stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Looking forward to the boat ride to MK and the Electrical Water Pageant.
Thanks for putting together this great resource!
I appreciate your sweet comments and I'm glad you've found the thread helpful. Make sure you request an INNER or WL CYV and higher floor so that you'll have a view of the EWP from your balcony.

Yay! Today we got a courtyard view with bunk beds with annual pass holder's offer! Any tips for that room request appreciated!

Congratulations! I would make the same request as I posted above:)

KOOK, just wanted to add that when a CL CM gave us a tour of the WL deluxe CL rooms last month, we saw one on the ground floor near the boat dock. This one had just one small enclosed patio off the living room and no balcony off the bedroom. Yikes! If I could request "not this room," I would! The deluxe rooms look perfect for us next year, as long as we get one with the balconies pictured above.
Thank you for mentioning this. I would just request not to be on the ground floor or if you have a specific location you'd like, feel free to email the IPO your request.

Just switched from a woods to a courtyard view because I wanted to add an extra night. I've only experience a standard view so I am looking forward to it. I've read that the courtyard view can be loud, but I'll hardly be at the resort during the day. I am counting down the days. Love this thread.

I've noticed that in the past year or so, the afternoon pool party music has been lowered significantly at the Deluxe resorts. Even when it was loud, you couldn't really hear it when the sliding glass door is closed, at least from upper CYV rooms.

Hi WDWKOOK! We just rearranged our WL CL trip...are dates are now 6/20/15-6/26/15. Thanks!
I'll make the correction to the Log.

Just finishing our packing as we are flying tomorrow! Can't wait x

Are you there yet? Check in with us if you get a chance!

When we've done the Archery Experience, we've always walked over from WL to FW to the internal bus stop nearest the horses/Trail's End and taken the bus over there. But, you can also take the FW bus over, but you'll need to change to the Settlement Orange internal bus to get to the Bike Barn which is located behind the Meadow Trading Post. You can also boat over and walk to the bus stop to take the Settlement Orange bus.

From later in the same thread, it appears the new (possibly only temporary) route will stop at WL first and then use the back route between WL and Settlement Hall at FW, bypassing the front of FW: New bus service between MK & FtW

I assumed this, too or else it would be duplicative.

Those HDDR shows and the Mickey's BBQ are the main reasons for this new route. Most people actually staying at FW probably wouldn't have much use for this route. I hope it sticks around. I guess we'll see what happens in the long run, but I've been wondering if this could mean that Disney would use this new route to replace those late buses to the resorts from the late HDDR shows. Those HDDR guests could go to the MK bus depot this way and then catch their resort buses there, instead of right at HDDR.

Thanks for clarifying!

I think that the new bus route for the evening will work out well for people traveling between MK and FW. Right now it is something of a boat nightmare to get from the MK to FW for the shows. And the line for the boat is really long when the crowd gets out. We've been caught in it when trying to go to Trails end for dinner from MK.

The bus to MK to and from WL should still be direct. The only change would be that it could get very crowded during those hours.

I appreciate your sweet comments and I'm glad you've found the thread helpful. Make sure you request an INNER or WL CYV and higher floor so that you'll have a view of the EWP from your balcony.

Congratulations! I would make the same request as I posted above:)

Thank you for mentioning this. I would just request not to be on the ground floor or if you have a specific location you'd like, feel free to email the IPO your request.

I've noticed that in the past year or so, the afternoon pool party music has been lowered significantly at the Deluxe resorts. Even when it was loud, you couldn't really hear it when the sliding glass door is closed, at least from upper CYV rooms.

I'll make the correction to the Log.

Are you there yet? Check in with us if you get a chance!

Thanks! Done and super duper happy dance being done!

When we've done the Archery Experience, we've always walked over from WL to FW to the internal bus stop nearest the horses/Trail's End and taken the bus over there. But, you can also take the FW bus over, but you'll need to change to the Settlement Orange internal bus to get to the Bike Barn which is located behind the Meadow Trading Post. You can also boat over and walk to the bus stop to take the Settlement Orange bus.

I assumed this, too or else it would be duplicative.

I'm staying at the Lodge for the first time in June. So excited!! We're in a Woods View room. How would someone go about trying to get a room that can possibly see the fireworks at MK at night? My parents don't normally stay late in the parks, but they do love seeing the fireworks. I'm hoping they will be able to watch them while relaxing back at the room while I stay in the park.

Should I call Disney directly and ask for a specific room or can I just use the online check-in to hopefully get a good room?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter