Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying at the Lodge for the first time in June. So excited!! We're in a Woods View room. How would someone go about trying to get a room that can possibly see the fireworks at MK at night? My parents don't normally stay late in the parks, but they do love seeing the fireworks. I'm hoping they will be able to watch them while relaxing back at the room while I stay in the park.

Should I call Disney directly and ask for a specific room or can I just use the online check-in to hopefully get a good room?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks!

I'd call the reservations number and add your room request to your reservation. Requesting "North Wing" and "High Floor" should increase your chances of seeing the MK fireworks. It still doesn't hurt to do the online check in as well, but you don't have as specific of options there for requests.

Another fun option for catching the fireworks is to be on the boat between MK and WL at the right time. It gives you a great view, and puts you ahead of the crowd leaving the park.

Enjoy your trip, it should be great!

Are Contemporary and Ft Wilderness the only resorts you can get to, either via walking or boat, from Wilderness Lodge?
Thinking we may move some reservations around if those are accessible.

Are Contemporary and Ft Wilderness the only resorts you can get to, either via walking or boat, from Wilderness Lodge?
Thinking we may move some reservations around if those are accessible.
Directly, yes. But you can get to the other monorail resorts and the TTC from Contemporary, once you've gotten there via boat.

We're booked at POR right now (nov 14-21), but WL is tempting, as are the cabins. We have 5. We're tired of Pop and POR was just okay last visit. Anyone have any way to sway me one way or another? Being super indecisive (especially learning POR might not get FD for our dates...just based on rumors).

I'd call the reservations number and add your room request to your reservation. Requesting "North Wing" and "High Floor" should increase your chances of seeing the MK fireworks. It still doesn't hurt to do the online check in as well, but you don't have as specific of options there for requests.

Another fun option for catching the fireworks is to be on the boat between MK and WL at the right time. It gives you a great view, and puts you ahead of the crowd leaving the park.

Enjoy your trip, it should be great!

Thank you! I figured I would have to call, but it can't hurt to double check.

We're booked at POR right now (nov 14-21), but WL is tempting, as are the cabins. We have 5. We're tired of Pop and POR was just okay last visit. Anyone have any way to sway me one way or another? Being super indecisive (especially learning POR might not get FD for our dates...just based on rumors).
The WL rooms only hold 4 people plus an infant unless you get a deluxe room. The FW cabins will sleep six. :)

Random question...if you have 2 adults, plus children ages 5,4,2 and 3 months can you stay in a standard room since there are 2 children under 3? Or is it a limit of just 1? Thanks!

The WL rooms only hold 4 people plus an infant unless you get a deluxe room. The FW cabins will sleep six. :)

Unless you book a villa.....even the studios sleep five with the new Murphy bed twin :) Not sure how comfy the pull out couch would be for two adults, but this one adult will be sleeping there all week, so we'll see!

Hello after a very very long day of travelling we arrived at the lodge yesterday. It's breath taking as you walk in.check in went very smoothly and the cm was so helpful. We also asked about being the flag family while we are there - we r staying 8 nights till May 1st. They checked and the 29th was free so we got it! I'm thrilled about it. I want to thank you guys as I'd never have even known about it, if it wasn't for this thread.

Our body clocks are so all over the place at the moment - we've been up since 4am ( as that's 9am UK time) - we've walked round the resort at 5am to try and get our bearings. Now chilling back in villa ( we have a dvc 1 bedroom) my hubby has just gone for a jog now it's starting to get light .

We had ordered groceries from garden grocer to be delivered between 12-4 . Bell services took the delivery & it was great to have things when we arrived .

No big plans today, just chilling & hanging by the pool as we r so exhausted from traveling- we do have tickets for the 4pm hoop dee do. So looking forward to that.

Thanks again btw where do they hold the nightly campfire?

Welcome to the lodge. :welcome:

The campfire is on the beach, just behind the Trout Pass Bar. :)

Unless you book a villa.....even the studios sleep five with the new Murphy bed twin :) Not sure how comfy the pull out couch would be for two adults, but this one adult will be sleeping there all week, so we'll see!
I forgot about the studios now having a murphy bed. That is a great solution for families of five. :)

Super excited, Just booked a Segway tour for my Granddaughter and myself. Need to be at the Bike rental by 8:15 AM, what is the best way to make that happen? If we walk, how much time should we allow?

We did the Segway Tour in September...............It was sooooooooo much fun. We took the boat from WL to Ft.W then we had to walk to the internal Ft. Wilderness bus stop............unfortunately we didn't stop there and kept walking through the camp sites...............made it in time..........it was a nice little walk which took about 20 min. Although I wouldn't say its the fastest way to do what we did :P On our way out we caught a bus at the store near the Segway drop point..........now that was quicker.

You'll figure it out........but you're gonna love the tour itself. Just a ton of fun!!!!!

Doug :goofy:

Hi - newbie here. We are renting a DVC studio villa. When we do the online check-in, what kind of room requests can we make? Or what one's should we make? We will have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old with us, so I think it'd be nice to be closer to the main lodge (I read about the long walks from the far end of the villas). A nice view would be great as well. Because we're renting points, is the online check-in the only way we can make any requests? (although we are not picky, just want a convenient location and would prefer to not have a view of the parking lots). Thanks!!

Hi - newbie here. We are renting a DVC studio villa. When we do the online check-in, what kind of room requests can we make? Or what one's should we make? We will have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old with us, so I think it'd be nice to be closer to the main lodge (I read about the long walks from the far end of the villas). A nice view would be great as well. Because we're renting points, is the online check-in the only way we can make any requests? (although we are not picky, just want a convenient location and would prefer to not have a view of the parking lots). Thanks!!

I would think that whoever you are renting points from can add the requests to your reservation.

There aren't really too many rooms with a parking lot view. If you check out this aerial view of the resort in this picture that Kook posted on page one, you'll see that you are mostly going to see the woods. A few rooms face the WL, the bus stop or the pool.

WildernessLodge_Full.jpg

Random question...if you have 2 adults, plus children ages 5,4,2 and 3 months can you stay in a standard room since there are 2 children under 3? Or is it a limit of just 1? Thanks!
Only one person under the age of three doesn't count towards occupancy. So you are technically a party of five plus one under the age of three.

The sleeper sofa in the studio is just a double sized sleeper sofa. It's not that great for two people.

VWL is really a smaller resort. So there aren't too many long hikes to the main building (nothing like Kidani Village or BWV). And there are no parking lot views; mostly woods views. So unless you want a higher or lower floor, there isn't much to choose from.

Hope I'm posting in the right spot. We are interested in planning our second Disney trip and insist on staying at WL! However, I'm wondering which would be my cheapest option....
Dates April 15-24 (9 nights) possible room discount?
Quoted $3782 for a standard room.
4 people (2 little girls could easily share a Queen/double).
We love the pool and stop back throughout the day for a break but we are not in our room a considerable amount of time.
We will probably do a few loads of laundry on vacation. We could easily eat breakfast at a condo. Some days we would eat in for lunch/dinner, however, some meals would need to be eaten out.
Thoughts? If recommend a villa would you buy points? From who? Thanks!

Hope I'm posting in the right spot. We are interested in planning our second Disney trip and insist on staying at WL! However, I'm wondering which would be my cheapest option....
Dates April 15-24 (9 nights) possible room discount?
Quoted $3782 for a standard room.
4 people (2 little girls could easily share a Queen/double).
We love the pool and stop back throughout the day for a break but we are not in our room a considerable amount of time.
We will probably do a few loads of laundry on vacation. We could easily eat breakfast at a condo. Some days we would eat in for lunch/dinner, however, some meals would need to be eaten out.
Thoughts? If recommend a villa would you buy points? From who? Thanks!

We have never rented a Villa, but have looked into it. A lot of people have great results renting from David's, and they seem to save quite a bit over booking direct with Disney. You don't get daily maid service unless you pay extra for it though. Looking at their calculator here it looks like that stay would be $2704 in a Studio, or $5712 in a 1 Bedroom. The major downside is the lack of a cancellation policy, but it can be a good deal if you are certain you won't need to cancel.

We have really enjoyed standard rooms in the main building. You are a bit closer to everything, especially if you get one that opens to that beautiful lobby. Perhaps a discount will come out that can be applied to lower that rate for you. Disney is really good about applying discounts to existing reservations.

Either way, enjoy your stay at WL. It is a great resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter