New Alcohol Policy - How is it playing out at Embarkation?

If Disney would get control of their CMs and cause rulebreakers to NEVER get away with it, they wouldn't have to "take their ball away" so to speak. The weak link, IMO, with sooo many of the more stringent Disney polices, is the CMs. All they have to do have their CMs follow the rules.
Unfortunately, the #1 "rule" that Disney teaches their CMs is "no guest unhappy", so often things are just allowed, even if against written policy. Not saying it's right, it's just how it's done.

If Disney would get control of their CMs and cause rulebreakers to NEVER get away with it, they wouldn't have to "take their ball away" so to speak. The weak link, IMO, with sooo many of the more stringent Disney polices, is the CMs. All they have to do have their CMs follow the rules.
For what they get paid.... they get screamed at for enforcing rules that people don't like and/or don't want to abide by. Plus Disney advises the lower level CMs to stay nonconfrontational. A little hard for them to enforce rules when Disney tells them to remain nonconfrontational.
Hey!! How about people try playing by the rules and not trying to find ways to cheat or skirt the system??? Now that would be a novel concept!!!

Whether or not another passenger adheres to this policy does not affect your experience so why are you worried about it?

Do you get all worked up because someone else is driving 70 mph in a 65 mph zone? Probably not, and guess what, neither do the cops. Someone’s breaking the rules but no one cares because it doesn’t affect anyone. If they’re doing 100, then people care because it’s potentially harmful. Just like if someone’s trying to bring a liquor store’s worth of booze on the ship would be a big deal because it is potentially harmful.

Leave it to the enforcer of the rules to use their judgment in enforcing the policy.

so I am sailing out of port Canaveral. I wanted to bring one bottle of liquor (makers) on board. I know its not technically allowed but do I just bring it on with my carry on when I get on the ship?

so I am sailing out of port Canaveral. I wanted to bring one bottle of liquor (makers) on board. I know its not technically allowed but do I just bring it on with my carry on when I get on the ship?

I'm not sure what you are asking since you know you are not permitted to carry on liquor. Are you saying you will have a bottle of liquor with you and no place to store it during the cruise portion of your trip? They will take and store any bottles of hard liquor and any alcohol beyond the 2 bottles of wine or 6 beers per adult. You can pick those up on the last morning before you disembark.

You can try.

You could try. But remember your carryons go thru a scanner when you enter the terminal.

I was just asking if I should try or not. Seems like people have tried but I wanted to know if people have gotten through?

They've gotten through and they've not gotten through. It really depends on how much the port guy cares when he does the scanning at security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter