New Alcohol Policy - How is it playing out at Embarkation?

TheLanes

DIS Veteran
Any cruisers from the first few days of the policy have anything to report? Would especially love to hear how the Wonder in San Diego did today.

Damn fools all of them, took away all the perks, guessing they think they know what they are doimg, as do I, will take our last DCL cruise in a couple of weeks. Next time value is decision point, and that will be another cruise line, yup...

Any cruisers from the first few days of the policy have anything to report? Would especially love to hear how the Wonder in San Diego did today.

Wondering the same.. Ha ha, see what I did there...Wondering... :-) I think we're on the same cruise, too!

It's no big deal to me, and I have a feeling, no big deal to most. With cruise ships 95% full, DCL can afford a loss of the small percentage bookings, while they charge historically their highest prices ever for all cabin categories. If someone is truly booking for value, they never made it to the DCL website to begin with, or if they did, they left before purchasing.

Thanks, it looked like glass..............seems next cruise I will have to get one to add to the collection......(wife is not going to be happy as I have so many now.)

It is a great mug....bought two of them, one for my DLC wall, the other I always bring the beer card home and with me on every cruise. That way I don't carry the heavy mug on every Flight. With the e new changes well worth it.

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D"

It is a great mug....bought two of them, one for my DLC wall, the other I always bring the beer card home and with me on every cruise. That way I don't carry the heavy mug on every Flight. With the e new changes well worth it.

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D"

Thanks Robin.

I have quite a few mugs from shipping days, some on the shelves and some packed away in the basement.

AKK

Boarded the Wonder this morning. Security hardly paid attention to our carryon. It went through the scanner with our 4 bottles of wine. We could have had 5 more and alcohol, they didn't seem to care. Still waiting for checked luggage to see if rum runners make it or not. Others have reported one bag arrived safely with theirs!

Boarded the Wonder this morning. Security hardly paid attention to our carryon. It went through the scanner with our 4 bottles of wine. We could have had 5 more and alcohol, they didn't seem to care. Still waiting for checked luggage to see if rum runners make it or not. Others have reported one bag arrived safely with theirs!
Let us know about the checked luggage! I've been "wonder"ing the same thing since we leave on the Wonder in 40 days!!!!first cruise!!!!eeeeeek!

We just got back from the Ensenada Cruise and each had 6 beers in our carry on... they didn't seem to even look, but I did see people pulled off to the side with alcohol, so they must have been looking.

It went through the scanner with our 4 bottles of wine. We could have had 5 more and alcohol, they didn't seem to care.
On the other hand, possibly the reason they "didn't seem to care" was because it didn't appear that you had anything you shouldn't in there. How do you know you "could have 5 more and alcohol" with the same results?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter