New Alcohol Policy - How is it playing out at Embarkation?

I haven't read through the entire thread, so sorry if it has already been asked. Has there been success bringing on "not your father's root beer". It is the only "beer" I like

Sorry for so many questions. First time cruise coming up in Feb. on Fantasy. Newbie in the bunch!
1. At what point do you purchase the mug and beer card?
2. Is the beer card loaded with a determined dollar amount?
3. What is different with specific beer card and just charging to room?
4. What is the typical cost for a beer?
Since DCL says no cash and that every drink has gratuity added. I am curious.

you can order it before you leave:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/
[scroll down until you see the beer mug package]
or you can get it as soon as you get on board. you see them, selling all of the packages

no, it is pay as you go [drink]

not sure what you mean here, all/ everything you buy goes to your room charge

$7 - $9

Since DCL says no cash and that every drink has gratuity added. I am curious
it does, just look at your receipt before you sign it

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D"

you can order it before you leave:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/
[scroll down until you see the beer mug package]
or you can get it as soon as you get on board. you see them, selling all of the packages

no, it is pay as you go [drink]

not sure what you mean here, all/ everything you buy goes to your room charge

$7 - $9

Since DCL says no cash and that every drink has gratuity added. I am curious
it does, just look at your receipt before you sign it

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D"

Thank you for answering questions. For question #3: Ok, so the Beer card just gives you a discount on the beer? Just figuring out purpose for "Beer Card" that people prior mentioned. Vs. not having card and mug. Again, I am sorry for sounding stupid, just trying to understand.

Thank you for answering questions. For question #3: Ok, so the Beer card just gives you a discount on the beer? Just figuring out purpose for "Beer Card" that people prior mentioned. Vs. not having card and mug. Again, I am sorry for sounding stupid, just trying to understand.
No. It doesn't technically give you a discount. It gives you 4 oz. more beer for the same price. The card is in lieu of the mug. You give them the card and they fill a mug. When you are done you either keep the mug or trade it back for a card. At the end of the trip you can either take the mug home or, if you are returning on another cruise and don't want to carry the mug back on to the boat the next time, take the card home with you and then bring said card on your next cruise.

Does anyone know what the draft beer is in the Disney ships? Are there any microbrews?
So on the Fantasy, there's Cigar City Jai Alai IPA and Invasion pale ale, Bells Two Hearted and Oberon. All four in cans. On deck they had 2 Florida Beer Company beers on tap. That was it for micros. On the Dream they added several more taps in 687 but it doesn't look like many of them are micros if any. Can't speak as to the Wonder or Magic.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so sorry if it has already been asked. Has there been success bringing on "not your father's root beer". It is the only "beer" I like
My guess is it will be allowed.. Either they will think it's soda or beer..

No. It doesn't technically give you a discount. It gives you 4 oz. more beer for the same price. The card is in lieu of the mug. You give them the card and they fill a mug. When you are done you either keep the mug or trade it back for a card. At the end of the trip you can either take the mug home or, if you are returning on another cruise and don't want to carry the mug back on to the boat the next time, take the card home with you and then bring said card on your next cruise.

Head slap to myself!!! This makes sense to me now, Thank you. :)

Since it is actually beer, it will be allowed on as beer. (it's ale brewed with spices)

Also, you like it? My brother and I bought a 6 pack, each tried 1 (couldn't finish even the bottle), and gave the rest away.

Sorry for so many questions. First time cruise coming up in Feb. on Fantasy. Newbie in the bunch!
Since DCL says no cash and that every drink has gratuity added. I am curious.

Which Fantasy cruise are you on?

Since it is actually beer, it will be allowed on as beer. (it's ale brewed with spices)

Also, you like it? My brother and I bought a 6 pack, each tried 1 (couldn't finish even the bottle), and gave the rest away.

I think it might be good to make root beer floats with..

We love "Not Your Father's Root Beer". It is very strong. We have had to cut it with no-alcoholic root beer.

At 5.9%, NYFRB isn't even *close* to being strong. They *did* make a couple of batches that were stronger. One was, iirc, in the 19% range. Something about somebody messing the recipe up and adding double the sugar or double the yeast or something before fermentation.

Now, the flavor? Yeah. It's strong, and it's bitter. I don't like it. Not even in the slightest, and I'm a root beer nut. I don't like the Coney Island by Sam Adams at all either. I have yet to try their hard ginger beer, though.

Sooo sweet. We did find that if you add a shot of whiskey, the taste mellows considerably. :rolleyes1:laughing:

As to embarkation, I could have brought 4 cans of Scotch (yes, they make it) on the cruise I'm on right now, instead of the Ten Fidy I did bring. Port personnel didn't even blink at the XRay.

As to embarkation, I could have brought 4 cans of Scotch (yes, they make it) on the cruise I'm on right now, instead of the Ten Fidy I did bring. Port personnel didn't even blink at the XRay.
Thanks for the update...were you in PC? Miami?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter