My very negotiable AK plan. Please tell me how bad it is.

Also not sure if you are staying onsite but AK as EMH AM hours on 23 and 28th. You could easily get to everything you listed before the adr and then some. Including some characters.

You may also watch for an 8 am ADR that puts you out near the safari at 9 am park opening. Didnt see any availability that early but sometimes they do pop up.

First big family trip. First time making a "touring plan." Family of 4 DS8 DD5.5 Going in May. The week of the 21st.

I'm very clueless to time allotments, but this is what I have come up with. I don't really have to be on a down to the minute schedule, but more wanted to know which FPs to get and the times.

AK Rope Drop park scheduled to open at 9am
1 Safari @ rope drop 900
2 EE without FP 940ish
3 Tusker house ADR @ 1030
4 FOLK @12
5 Kali River Rapides FP @ 1230
6 EE FP @ 1245ish
7 Primeval whirl 115 then boneyard
8 Dinosaur FP @2
9 Finish the day with Its Tough to be a Bug/ Flights of wonder/ etc....

I know the times are not exact, and Im also concerned about Lion King at 12 withput a FP.
Please tell me if this plan is terrible.

That's a decent plan but some of the timing won't work out quite so well.
-Tusker House I would allot at least 1.5 hrs, maybe 2hrs depending on where you end up in the character's rotation.
-Folk also STARTS at 12, and you're advised to be there 30 mins before show starts to get good seats

-I would simply move FOLK to the end of the day, say do the 4pm or 5pm show instead and you'll be able to fit it all in

AHHHHH Cant I have someone make all these plans for me and just tell what where to be!! I agree that TH is dictating our morning, but it was DS meal of choice. Hindsight I could have booked earlier. Maybe I could change it. What is the earliest you would suggest with being able to do safari first?

Also the morning EE ride is not a must as I will try for a FP for later that afternoon. But, I know DS would like to ride it twice

When we used to do TH, This is what we did...We always booked earlier than park entry...This gives you the advantage of being ahead of the game( mass of peeps ).. As soon as you're done eating you're right near KS too.

Also remember, for a 9:00 opening, they usually start letting you through earlier...

Ok I changed our ADR to 10:10. This way we wont attempt a morning ride on EE. We will head straight to Safari and then our ADR's after. Where to from there? suggestions?? Please?

Ok I changed our ADR to 10:10. This way we wont attempt a morning ride on EE. We will head straight to Safari and then our ADR's after. Where to from there? suggestions?? Please?

Honestly I think the 10:30 was actually better... You could've easily fit both rides in that time frame, with a leisurely stroll in between.
If you're going to bypass the 1st EE w/out FP, I might suggest staying in Africa after breakfast, and hit Rafikis Planet Watch , &/or Pangani Exploration Trail..too:thumbsup2 before venturing to Asia or DinoLand.

My 4 year old DS would be really afraid of It's Tough to be a Bug. There are some scary parts in the show. Be sure your young son would be OK with the show.

If the Tusker House meal takes 1.5 hours, as a PP suggested (we never do any ADRs, so I don't know how long table-service meals take)....then the 12:00 Lion King show is the logical next thing to do.

By doing Safari, Tusker House, and Lion King all in a row in Africa, you'll be doing almost no walking at all! And if you have extra time between any of them, you might enjoy some of the live entertainment going on.

Question: have you decided which day you will be doing AK? As a PP mentioned, if you're staying onsite and if you are early risers, you might want to consider an early EMH day.

Also, do you know how late you plan to stay? You could potentially get in multiple rides on Everest by doing FP+, and then also riding a couple of times just before park closing. The wait will be very short during the last hour the park is open.

We will be there on a Sunday, so no EMH that I can see. We are staying on site and we are in no rush to leave the park. As long as the kids aren't tired we will stay, except if Rivers of light is open I'm not sure we will make it that long. We have another early morning the next day.

If the Tusker House meal takes 1.5 hours, as a PP suggested (we never do any ADRs, so I don't know how long table-service meals take)....then the 12:00 Lion King show is the logical next thing to do.

By doing Safari, Tusker House, and Lion King all in a row in Africa, you'll be doing almost no walking at all! And if you have extra time between any of them, you might enjoy some of the live entertainment going on.

Question: have you decided which day you will be doing AK? As a PP mentioned, if you're staying onsite and if you are early risers, you might want to consider an early EMH day.

Also, do you know how late you plan to stay? You could potentially get in multiple rides on Everest by doing FP+, and then also riding a couple of times just before park closing. The wait will be very short during the last hour the park is open.

One more question, if anyone knows. If DD doesn't want to ride EE do I have to FP it for all of us, or just the 3 that want to ride and get rider swaps?

I'm not sure how you will do FOTLK at 12:00, get to Kali at 12:30, and then Everest at 12:45. For that matter, don't those time cause an overlap in your FP+ time slots?

I'm not sure how you will do FOTLK at 12:00, get to Kali at 12:30, and then Everest at 12:45. For that matter, don't those time cause an overlap in your FP+ time slots?

I honestly didn't even know I had to be mindful of that. I thought I would be able to book the FP+ back to back. Thanks for the heads up.

First big family trip. First time making a "touring plan." Family of 4 DS8 DD5.5 Going in May. The week of the 21st.

I'm very clueless to time allotments, but this is what I have come up with. I don't really have to be on a down to the minute schedule, but more wanted to know which FPs to get and the times.

AK Rope Drop park scheduled to open at 9am
1 Safari @ rope drop 900
2 EE without FP 940ish
3 Tusker house ADR @ 1030
4 FOLK @12
5 Kali River Rapides FP @ 1230
6 EE FP @ 1245ish
7 Primeval whirl 115 then boneyard
8 Dinosaur FP @2
9 Finish the day with Its Tough to be a Bug/ Flights of wonder/ etc....

I know the times are not exact, and Im also concerned about Lion King at 12 withput a FP.
Please tell me if this plan is terrible.

How late in the afternoon are you planning to stay at the park? If Rivers of Light hasn't started yet, you can expect closing time to be around 6 pm.

We've visited around the same time of year the last two years. The park starts clearing out around 3-4 pm if your kids want some quick rerides on the headliners. Mine rode Everest 6 times in about 45 minutes then we went on Dinosaur a couple more times with no wait. Kali does keep a line later into the afternoon as many guests prefer to wait until the end of their day to get wet.

At Safari, we had to wait almost 10 minutes for enough guests to arrive to fill the truck.

Have a fun trip!

OK thank you. I think I'm going to keep it as is and we will stay as long as they are happy. That way we can go back over to try and ride what we like most! Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter