'My Very Merry Xmas in November' (checking stuff of the bucket list) WDW Trip. (closed)

Great plans! I'm thinking about trying to get a FP for F! as well. We are heading to HS the evening of our arrival day which also has EMH evening hours. Since I think it might be a bit more crowded due to the EMH hours I thought it might be best to get a FP for the show.

I could see how getting a FP+ for F! for your arrival day is a good idea. :thumbsup2

I don't usually make quite this detailed a plan, but this year, I'm going to make them with touring plans and if I'm over scheduled, I will adjust. I would rather "know" what I want to do and have options. I can adjust and be flexible and skip or move things, if needed. I just don't like playing the "what do you want to do, idk, what do you want to do, game". My friend always defers to me, and I end up leading, and I am not the spur of the moment type. I like to have the options right there for me. Especially after a few days of "being in charge" of things. If this year happens to be different, and she steps up and wants to do more, I will certainly differ, but I would seriously doubt that'll happen. I left room for her to pick and chose things to do the last two years, and she didn't really want to do that, so....

It is difficult if you have some one who doesn't want to make decisions with you esp if you are a planner.
200.gif
:sad2:

or in my case where everyone would want to make a plan and I take the whole "I paid so we are going with Mom's plan" lol
200.gif
:lmao:

Your plans look great!

It is difficult if you have some one who doesn't want to make decisions with you esp if you are a planner.
Or in my case where everyone would want to make a plan and I take the whole "I paid so we are going with Mom's plan" lol

Lol, well, that would also work in my case, because I paid for this trip, too. :D

Today, I worked on making some MouseKeeping envelopes. Usually, I use stickers, pre-printed paper, or draw them by hand. This is the first time I have done it on my iPad. I am pretty happy with how they came out. My step mom printed out two, and she will do the rest tomorrow. I had wanted to make sure it was going to work ok before I went and made all 8 of them. Takes a while to do them. I shrunk them down and put them all on one photo, so I could just post one photo. image.jpg

When they are folded up, they are about 6" x 3".

Just wanted to drop in and say that the Osborne lights are great.

And with all the changes coming...it may the last year.

Very creative Mousekeeping cards.:laundy:

I am so glad that your trip is this year so I can live through you.

Love the Mousekeeping cards! Adorable.

We just got back yesterday from our annual crazy-hot August week. It was fun! But the weather was dreadful, as it always is. The daily storms seem to start earlier during the day, earlier than I remember anyway. Fun in the summertime (in Central Florida lol)

Love the Mousekeeping cards! Adorable.

We just got back yesterday from our annual crazy-hot August week. It was fun! But the weather was dreadful, as it always is. The daily storms seem to start earlier during the day, earlier than I remember anyway. Fun in the summertime (in Central Florida lol)

Thank you, I enjoyed making them, was fun!

I've been to Florida a quite a few times in the summer, only a couple of those times I've gone to WDW. It's just so hot. :crazy2:
And as you said, the afternoon storms are pretty much a given. They can be pretty wicked. Glad you had fun though! Some of the threads posted this week, looked like the crowds were pretty low.

Thank you, I enjoyed making them, was fun!

I've been to Florida a quite a few times in the summer, only a couple of those times I've gone to WDW. It's just so hot. :crazy2:
And as you said, the afternoon storms are pretty much a given. They can be pretty wicked. Glad you had fun though! Some of the threads posted this week, looked like the crowds were pretty low.

The crowds were great, especially as the week went on. Friday was the emptiest I personally have ever seen MK. So that is a plus for August. The prices are good too, for both airfare and lodging. But yeah, the weather, ugh!

No idea how I did not notice the link in your sig and check in before (and I admit to taking a hiatus for pretty much the last month for our own trip).

I'm going to take this opportunity to say I love your drawings, they always make me smile.

AND ... although you might not get to it this time, I'm going to suggest that if you liked Tusker House, you should check out Boma. They also have the mealie pap, and also a number of other dishes such as soups and stews that are either pureed or have contents extremely mushy -- and tasty!!

Even though I just ate there five days ago, I couldn't give you a complete list, but here's some of what I remember (and I know there are at least a couple more that I think you could eat that I don't remember well enough to describe) ...
  • Mealie pap
  • Sweet corn pudding and spinach (you might have to pick out the spinach stems or cut off of the spinach before eating, but the dish as a whole is very mushy - and delicious)
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Seafood stew / soup -- you'd probably not make it through some of the seafood content, but the broth was so divine it might not matter -- it's the orange one if you ever make it over there. It's so good I remembered it from my last trip two years ago.
  • Coconut-curry chicken soup -- again you might not make it through all the solids, but the broth is enough to stand on its own.
  • Coffee tarts -- filling scoops out easily and is a mousse
  • Hummus ... I know it's supposed to be an accompaniment, but the stuff at Boma is good enough to eat some off the fork for a great mouthful of yum
It may seem that I am being overly dramatic about how great the food is (and of course, your mileage may vary), but here is a different perspective / description. I have been cursed with a relatively small stomach capacity, but I love food. Most buffets at WDW (and we like them because they are easy to do with kids), I employ my standard buffet strategy, which is to take the smallest possible taste of everything, literally only a couple of small forkfuls, and then go back for the one or two things I really liked. I usually go away full (maybe slightly overfull) but happy. At Boma, all three times I've eaten there, I've gone away wishing I had three days to have dinner from that buffet so that I could have two or three dishes in full-size servings each day and really enjoy focusing on the flavors.

No idea how I did not notice the link in your sig and check in before (and I admit to taking a hiatus for pretty much the last month for our own trip).

I'm going to take this opportunity to say I love your drawings, they always make me smile.

AND ... although you might not get to it this time, I'm going to suggest that if you liked Tusker House, you should check out Boma. They also have the mealie pap, and also a number of other dishes such as soups and stews that are either pureed or have contents extremely mushy -- and tasty!!

Even though I just ate there five days ago, I couldn't give you a complete list, but here's some of what I remember (and I know there are at least a couple more that I think you could eat that I don't remember well enough to describe) ...
  • Mealie pap
  • Sweet corn pudding and spinach (you might have to pick out the spinach stems or cut off of the spinach before eating, but the dish as a whole is very mushy - and delicious)
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Seafood stew / soup -- you'd probably not make it through some of the seafood content, but the broth was so divine it might not matter -- it's the orange one if you ever make it over there. It's so good I remembered it from my last trip two years ago.
  • Coconut-curry chicken soup -- again you might not make it through all the solids, but the broth is enough to stand on its own.
  • Coffee tarts -- filling scoops out easily and is a mousse
  • Hummus ... I know it's supposed to be an accompaniment, but the stuff at Boma is good enough to eat some off the fork for a great mouthful of yum
It may seem that I am being overly dramatic about how great the food is (and of course, your mileage may vary), but here is a different perspective / description. I have been cursed with a relatively small stomach capacity, but I love food. Most buffets at WDW (and we like them because they are easy to do with kids), I employ my standard buffet strategy, which is to take the smallest possible taste of everything, literally only a couple of small forkfuls, and then go back for the one or two things I really liked. I usually go away full (maybe slightly overfull) but happy. At Boma, all three times I've eaten there, I've gone away wishing I had three days to have dinner from that buffet so that I could have two or three dishes in full-size servings each day and really enjoy focusing on the flavors.

Hi @Jennytoon :wave: Thank you! Glad you stopped over. :) I did look at Boma when I was thinking about staying at AKL. I did read the menu, and thought it looked good. I think I was a little worried about the heat level of some of the items, like with the curry. (Or maybe I am getting it confused with Jiko?) What you listed definitely sounds good. I actually make a lot of butternut squash soup in the fall for myself. I cannot do spicy hot or peppery foods, thanks to the radiation damage to my mouth, how was the food's heat level? Depending on that, if I'm fortunate enough to go back to WDW, I'd like to try and stay at AKL, and I'll put it on my list of things I'd like to try. Thanks!

So how did your trip go?

We will be there overlapping a few days! Do you mind sharing which Etsy shop made the jewelry? I'd love to get some for our trip, I've been searching like mad and love what you've chosen!

Thank you so much. I hope you do, too! :) I CAN'T WAIT!

Me too! I'm getting antsy! Can make FP+ soon. I really need to think more about how I want to structure my days this week. I'm dragging my feet...

Reactions: maw
Me too! I'm getting antsy! Can make FP+ soon. I really need to think more about how I want to structure my days this week. I'm dragging my feet...
I am really stressed about fastpasses since I have two kids who need to see A & E. So much pressure :)

How exciting that it is almost time for you to get FP. I still have 211 days til then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter