'My Very Merry Xmas in November' (checking stuff of the bucket list) WDW Trip. (closed)

We always scrapbook our Disney trips. Since your trip is at the end of the year, if you go to the outlet mall you can get the scrapbook kits deeply discounted.

We always scrapbook our Disney trips. Since your trip is at the end of the year, if you go to the outlet mall you can get the scrapbook kits deeply discounted.

I have so many scrapbook items!! But actually, these days, 95% of what I do is digital scrapbooking.

Today, I showed my friend the watch I got to put on my Magic Band for my next trip. Since I picked orange this time I customized my MB, I found a slap watch that looks like Nemo. :D

image.jpg

The watch slides right off the band, and you can put slide it right onto your MB. She liked it so much that I ordered a Mickey one for her trip. :)

image.jpg

I found these on Amazon. I think Target also carries some. I never wear a watch at home, but when I have a MB on at WDW, I must look that that thing 50 times a day to see what time it is. Drives me insane! This way, I can see what time it is without asking my friend who always wears her watch, or pulling out my phone all the time. I think it'll work out nicely.

image.jpg

Author's concept art of us rockin' our MB with our watches on them.

Last edited:
Is the slap watch thing made for the magic band or do you just know it will work?
I have been debating on some different ideas for ours and will have to include this to the list.

That's a great idea! I am constantly looking at the band for the time. It's almost like having it on my wrist triggers my brain into thinking I have a watch on lol.

Do you have a link for one of those? Are they made for the MB or for something else?

Is the slap watch thing made for the magic band or do you just know it will work?
I have been debating on some different ideas for ours and will have to include this to the list.

That's a great idea! I am constantly looking at the band for the time. It's almost like having it on my wrist triggers my brain into thinking I have a watch on lol.

Do you have a link for one of those? Are they made for the MB or for something else?

Not made for Magic Bands, but I know it works. It slid onto mine easily.

On page two of this thread, you can see a bunch of the slap watches on the bands. This is where I got the idea. You just slide the watch face off the band and onto the magic band. It will fit on the side with the holes, I believe. I'm not home, so I cannot take a photo of mine for you. But you can look at this post to see them.

Easily added a watch face to my magicband

Also, I guess Disney was supposed to come out with their own, for sale in the parks this summer. Don't know if they did yet. This was the post:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...handise-coming-to-disney-parks-later-in-2015/

And here is a Mickey one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ESAP8Z0/ref=pd_aw_sbs_241_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VNJ0Z9T7TG0FQW1KHMF

There's also Sponge Bob, Spidey, Lightening McQueen, Minnie.......

Here is a link for Target, but looks like the orange fish isn't available. There are different ones though. Just make sure it's one that slides off the band. Looks like there's a couple here that do not.

http://m.target.com/s?category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&searchTerm=slap watches

Last edited:

image.jpg

My Pensive Process of Picking Park Days, Making Plans, and Other Musings....

I picked this year's park days according to all the crowd calendars' best days. Except, I'm going against recommended park days on my last two days so that I can see Wishes and the Electric Parade, because I do not have park hoppers this year. I didn't end up using them last year, and so I decided to spend the money I would have on PH, and get tickets for MVMCP instead. The last day, will be a shorter second day at Epcot, since we leave at an ungodly early hour the next morning. Last year, and the year before, I didn't go with recommended park days, because I have friends that live in Florida and they work, and could only meet me on the weekends, and I had to tailor my week around meeting them. Well, they did meet up with me in 2013, but after I made all my plans and FP+ in 2014, they ended up not meeting us. So, I'm not doing that again. (I ended up doing F&W on a Saturday because of them. Never. Again.) I'm going down quietly and not telling anyone about my trip this year. Anyway, even though I have my park days set, I'm still not sure about the hours I'm going to do yet for some of them. I don't work anymore, so I can come home and collapse for a week. Which is what I have done the last two years.

So, this is just my general days, I'm going to use Touring Plans this year, for the first time, I will work on those and make a first draft to have a baseline and hopefully will be able to plug my FP+ in there when it comes time.

Thurs 11/12 ~ arrive at resort around 3-4pm.

Just relax, because I will have been up since 2 or 3 am. We don't live near a main airport, and have to take two planes. Grrrr. We will just eat at the resort and hopefully, I will be able to fall asleep early.

Fri 11/13 ~ Hollywood Studios.
(Hours are 9-8)

Not sure if I'm going to do rope drop or not. This park has become the most disappointing to me. (I loved it when it first opened.) I guess it's going to depend on how many shows we want to see. Neither of us ride RnR or ToT. Last year, we didn't do Beauty & the Beast, guess we will do that this year, as well as Little Mermaid. Indiana Jones, is a must. The IJ trilogy is in my top all time favorite movies. (I prefer to just ignore that last one they made.) I love Fantasmic! but I'm not sure if we will end up going this year or not. This is the first year I didn't get the dinner package, because we are going to go to the Hollywood Brown Derby and I do not eat that much, and it would be $56, I believe. Also, don't know what they will be doing with that paper fastpass they are testing. It would pain me to skip it, but we have never seen Osborne Lights, and we could just go there earlier, instead of after F! Also, that would allow us a more leisurely break for dinner. My intention, is to make two plans with Touring Plans, one for rope drop, and one arriving later. See how I feel at the time.

Sat 11/14 ~ Animal Kingdom. Rope Drop - close.
(Hours are 9-6)

Mysecond favorite park after MK. :D Have some things I would like to do that I have not done, like I want Linda to see DiVine this time (I've seen her before), I would also like to meet Pluto, see a couple of the outside shows. I will probably skip Nemo this year, we saw it last year.

Sun 11/15 ~ Magic Kingdom. Rope drop - close.
(Hours 9-7)

Thinking of focusing primarily on Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on this day. Also want to do FoF parade. Last year, getting a spot a little early in Frontierland worked out well, so I think we will do that again. It's a party night, so there will not be Wishes or a MSELP.

Mon 11/16 ~ Epcot. Rope drop - close.
(Hours are 9-9)

This will be our day to see Illuminations, since on the second Epcot day, we cannot stay late. My plan is to be there for rope drop so, today will be a long day.

Tue 11/17 ~ MVMCP. 4-12am.
Today will be a sleep in day. We don't have anything to do until our afternoon tea at the GF, and then we will go from there to the party.

Wed 11/18 ~ Magic Kingdom.
(Hours are 9-10)

I am not sure if I'm going to attempt a rope drop here, or not. There's EMH at night, and we are coming off a very late party night, so I should try and sleep in. No ADRs until 4:55, so that's good. This will be our day for the parade at night and Wishes. Been thinking that I might want to try a FP+ for Wishes. Historically, I've not had the best luck trying to do both in the same night. Not sure what I'm going to do here. If everything goes nicely with seeing the fireworks at the MVMCP, that may change my mind a little. And make me more relaxed about not getting a prime spot. I just don't know. Sometimes, I suffer from analysis paralysis and I over analyze stuff and don't want to make a decision. It's like I enjoy making the plans, but I hate committing to them. Guess we will try and get whatever else done we missed the other two days.

Thurs 11/19 ~ Epcot. Rope drop to about 7:30ish.
(Hours 9-11)
We won't stay until close, since it's our last night and we won't be getting much sleep this night.

Fri 11/20 ~ Travel home.

I think our flight is like 8:50 in the morning, and DME picks up 3 hours before, so we will have to get up at 3:30-4 am?? I wanted to leave at a more civilized hour, but my friend wanted the early flight.

Last edited:
I'm going to use Touring Plans this year, for the first time
I have considered this so I look forward to hearing how you like it.

Just relax, because I will have been up since 2 or 3 am. We don't live near a main airport, and have to take two planes. Grrrr. We will just eat at the resort and hopefully, I will be able to fall asleep early.

That sounds somewhat like the plans I am thinking of doing the first day. I won't have to get up until 4 or so and we are driving. I am hoping that we are going to get to sleep early that night so we can hit RD the next morning. Princess Brookelynn will be 14 months then so who knows if getting her to sleep in a new place will be easy or hard. :confused3

I want Linda to see DiVine this time (I've seen her before),
DH was talking about this the other day and I had completely forgot about seeing DiVine. Funny how one think stands out to one person and the other completely forgets about it.:laughing:

Looks like a good plan! I know what you mean about analysis paralysis. It's like trying to fit all these puzzle pieces together and you can't see quite how they are all going to fit.

You've never seen the Osborne Lights? You are in for such a treat, they are so awesome. I would do the later day at DHS with the Osborne Lights during a Fantasmic showing and skip Fantasmic if necessary. That has worked out really well for us in the past and it's nice to be in there while the crowds are in Fantasmic.

Oh my Mickey slider watch came, so cute! Now I'm just wondering if I need to order a second one because I have a feeling my daughter is going to steal this one when she sees it. :)

I have considered this so I look forward to hearing how you like it.

I am thinking about doing a trip report when I get back, so if I do, I will report on now it went with Touring Plans.

That sounds somewhat like the plans I am thinking of doing the first day. I won't have to get up until 4 or so and we are driving. I am hoping that we are going to get to sleep early that night so we can hit RD the next morning. Princess Brookelynn will be 14 months then so who knows if getting her to sleep in a new place will be easy or hard. :confused3

I just cannot do the parks on my arrival day anymore. I'm just too exhausted. IDK how people can do it anymore. When I was younger and healthier, I could. Now, I have to try and rest up when I get there. Hopefully, Brookelynn will settle in quickly and sleep well during your trip. Cranky kids are definitely not fun. Lol.

DH was talking about this the other day and I had completely forgot about seeing DiVine. Funny how one think stands out to one person and the other completely forgets about it.:laughing:

I thought DiVine was so cool. We just stumbled upon her the first time we went to AK. Scared the be ge'ez outta me when I saw her move. I'm not going to say anything to Linda in advance, and see if she can pick her out....

Looks like a good plan! I know what you mean about analysis paralysis. It's like trying to fit all these puzzle pieces together and you can't see quite how they are all going to fit.

You've never seen the Osborne Lights? You are in for such a treat, they are so awesome. I would do the later day at DHS with the Osborne Lights during a Fantasmic showing and skip Fantasmic if necessary. That has worked out really well for us in the past and it's nice to be in there while the crowds are in Fantasmic.

Oh my Mickey slider watch came, so cute! Now I'm just wondering if I need to order a second one because I have a feeling my daughter is going to steal this one when she sees it.

No, haven't seen the lights before, so I am looking forward to it! I read today on another post that for a less crowded place and possible place to sit, to go over by bathrooms next to lights motors action and watch from there. Maybe we will get a bite to eat and try and do that, instead of F!

Ha! Yes, you will have to get her own watch then. :D

Love the idea of the watch sliders. I always wear my watch and my magic band so this would be awesome - thanks so sharing!

we have never seen Osborne Lights
I have never seen the lights before because we have always gone in October but it is definitely on my list of things to do. My luck is they will be gone before I get to see them especially the way Disney is changing HS! I never got to do the animator's studio drawing class and was bummed when I heard it was closing. :sad1:

Sometimes, I suffer from analysis paralysis and I over analyze stuff and don't want to make a decision.
It's like I enjoy making the plans, but I hate committing to them.
You and me both! This was such a great way to describe...I love the planning aspect but this stress over is it the right decision - is something better - etc!

I think our flight is like 8:50 in the morning, and DME picks up 3 hours before, so we will have to get up at 3:30-4 am??
Wow that is early...almost not worth it to go to bed! :D

Love the idea of the watch sliders. I always wear my watch and my magic band so this would be awesome - thanks so sharing!

You're welcome! I am so happy I came across that thread, because having that band on my wrist and thinking it was a watch and looking at it like it was 100x a day, drove me insane. Granted, it was a short trip.
:drive:

Wow that is early...almost not worth it to go to bed! :D

Yeah.... I am not happy about this. I told her that if we got this early flight out, she must promise me she is definitely going to drive home, because I wil not be able to. Knowing me, I'm thinking I won't be able to sleep that night, and then I know I will not be able to drive 2 hours home. Last year, she had a head ache and said she wouldn't be able to drive home, so I had to. I hate driving and with my neck issues, and neuropathy in both hands and arms...its best for me not drive. Never mind me trying to drive sleep deprived on top of that.

That's an early flight! Can you sleep on the plane?

No, I'm one of those people that can never fall asleep on the plane. I even bring a neck pillow, and try my best, but I just cannot. The night before we leave, I never get any sleep either. I am always too excited and we leave early, so I have to be up at 3 am.... Blah. Someone needs to be perfecting a teleporter. This traveling for hours and getting up early, is not fun. When I was a kid, I totally thought we would be doing that by now. Or at least have flying cars. Where are the flying cars? I think I watched too many Jetsons episodes as a kid.
:lmao:

jetsonflyingcar.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter