My March 2009 DDE Dining Report w/pics, updated 6/9 pg15

I will have to try this Restaurant Marrakesh on the next trip! It looks good!
and on this up coming trip is will have to try the Lapu

I had to chuckle as I, too, have been known to use my mug to smuggle booze.:laughing:

awesome, i know, i find it quite amusing :thumbsup2

Excellent tip on mug optimization!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

haha, yup yup! :)

Great reviews, I must try a Lapu lapu at the polynesian on my upcoming trip without the kiddies:goodvibes

ooh yes, definitely give it a try! but give yourself some time to enjoy it for sure!

I had to laugh at this. When I was down there for the food and wine festival a few years ago my bff and I made friends with a couple of women who were smuggling their glasses of wine out of Epcot. They didn't even transfer their drinks to mugs. I think they hid them in their shorts or something. :)

awesome! i have also, in the past, dumped non-frozen drinks into my empty water bottle.

Oh my gosh I just laughed SO loud when I read about your booze smuggling, LOL!!!! That's awesome!! We got a 5pm Ohana ressie and EMH at MK that night go until 2AM! ITA that later is better, so I'm trying to think of what we can do after dinner before going back to the park. Any ideas? My friend has never been to WDW before so I'm thinking maybe explore the monorail hotels and their bars? Have you been to them? LMK! Thanks for the reviews they are awesome as always!

thanks so much! and hells yes on the evening EMH! so perfect! and yes, you could definitely just explore the monorail resorts. each one has a bar (or 2) where you could grab a drink to kill some time til the MK empties out. i've been to the outer rim (cont) before the refurb, they also have a bar at the wave. of course, the tambu lounge at the poly is nice, and mizner's at the GF we liked too...they gave us a bowl of nuts to snack on too (this was in aug 2007, so who knows if they still do), but we thought that was really nice

:lmao:
You naughty! ;)

haha, yup, that's me :angel:

Glad you're back and posting more yummy reviews Marcia - hope things have settled down for you at home now :hug:

thanks so much, yeah, i'm glad it's cooled down too

MMMMM Lapu!!!! Nice to see you back! when's the next trip?

hey! welp, next trip is june 11-15, cuz my bday is june 13. i'm dragging along one of my best friends because i want company! can't wait!

I will have to try this Restaurant Marrakesh on the next trip! It looks good!
and on this up coming trip is will have to try the Lapu

yeah i've never been disappointed with marrakesh. it's good stuff, along with the lapu of course!

Great information!!! Thanks so much!!

no problem, thanks for reading!

Tutto Italia, lunch, 3.9.09

Since I had done such a late night at the MK for EMH the night before, I decided to sleep in a bit this morning. Well, sleep in till about 10, which is so funny, because at home, that's early! Anyway, I had an ADR at Tutto around 11:30 or so. I got to the bus stop, was at Epcot by 11:05. Stopped to grab a FP for Soarin for after lunch, then made my way to the world showcase. They were already starting to get ready for the Flower & Garden festival.
pic006.jpg

Checked in and was seated right away, it was pretty empty at this point. I guess not many people do such an early lunch. This was more like a brunch for me anyway. Of course, I was given bread, olive oil, and olives. I think they normally give more veggies at dinner, not sure.
pic007.jpg

Love nice crusty bread, and dipped in the olive oil, so good! I don't do olives, so I can't comment on those. While I waited for my food, I took a couple pics of the restaurant.
pic008.jpg

pic009.jpg

For an appetizer, I ordered this layered eggplant thing. I wish I had written down the name of it, it was so good! It wasn't breaded, but it was like an eggplant parm type thing. Ah-mazing! Pre-parm cheese.
pic010.jpg

And all cheesed up
pic011.jpg

Like I said, this was absolutely amazing. Perfect mix of cheeses and tomato sauce, and eggplant, just so so good. I should have just had this as my meal, and I would have been good to go, for real.

But anyway, I did order a main meal as well. Some sort of fish with sauteed greens. The fish, well, I wasn't thinking that the fish would be breaded, and I don't really like breaded stuff. So I kinda peeled it off. The greens were good though. But I didn't eat much of the fish. Like I said, would have been good with just the eggplant dish.
pic012.jpg

I had no interest in dessert, so I made my way out of there. I was pretty disappointed in the fish, but really, the eggplant made it worth it.

Club Cool, soda, 3.9.09

So on my way out of the park, I stopped by Club Cool. They were all out of a bunch of them, but at least they had my fav, the watermelon from China!
pic015.jpg

pic016.jpg

And okay, I finally did it. See, I had never ever tried the Beverly before. Of course, I had read much about it, and had made my mom and brothers taste it, but I never did. Til this time. My curiosity just got the best of me. Ha, yeah, my Beverly face is very similar to my Jameson face.
pic017.jpg

pic018.jpg

next up: food and drinks @Tune In

Sorry you were a little disappointed in Tutto. That eggplant does look good and I don't even like eggplant! :rotfl: And thanks for the flower and garden pic of lady and the tramp... they're my favorite! :goodvibes

Dang we didnt get olives with our lunch at Tutto and my DD and I both love them . ;) Your eggplant looked amazing though. :goodvibes

Hi! Just wanted to say I love love love your dining reports :) It looks like you have a great time on trips to WDW, even when you travel solo! I especially like the pics and reviews of drinks around the world (both EPCOT and WDW in general). That's my kind of vacation!

I'm all caught up now!! I love your reviews girl.

I haven't been to the restaurant at the Italian pavillion since they closed Alfredos (which I loved). The eggplant dish looks fantastic. Actually it looks alot like an eggplant dish I had recently at the Alfredos in NYC. It was fantastic too.

Yep that watermelon soda is yum!

So have a PTR going for the June trip yet?

I also wanted to ask you, I am trying to start a DIS meet in NYC sometime maybe in June, would you be interested?

thanks for your great reviews......you made me laugh about the Beverly drink at the coke place....I remember my first taste (a dear elderly lady) told me to try it because it was sooooo good........I almost spit it out like YUCK>>>>>...thanks for the memories....
We are ready for our vacation to the HOuse of the Mouse.......thanks again for getting me in the mood

Love the Beverly face! I do that every time I go. I remember that it tastes bad but HOW BAD? I don't remember. Soo then I try it and it's gross LOL!

Man...I have got to try me one of those Lapus....heavenly pineapple...yummy. Great reviews as always!

OMG I love the "Beverly face!" I'm looking forward to having it in September. Or ... Am I??? :rotfl:

Anywhoo, I appreciate your reviews. They're very honest and not whitewashed.

Oh ... And, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I remember you! We were in a Photopass share together. I didn't get my CD, and you were so sweet to send me my pics from your disc. I still can't thank you enough for that! :flower3:

(Oh, and that May trip was supposed to be our "one and only" trip to WDW, but we had a trip in Nov and have two more scheduled for this year! :banana: We've definitely been bitten! I'd love to try a solo trip sometime, though ...)

:thumbsup2Marsha- Great reviews!!!

Both my DH and I read your reports and love them! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter