My March 2009 DDE Dining Report w/pics, updated 6/9 pg15

Tusker House, lunch, 3.8.09

After a fun filled morning at the Animal Kingdom, I headed over for my 11:30 ADR for lunch at Tusker House. I've been to Tusker before for breakfast, but never for lunch or dinner. I was very much looking forward to it. And I was not disappointed!

I got there pretty much right after 11:30, since I went to the 11am Lion King show. But I was seated shortly after. It seemed that they had just recently started serving lunch, so everything was nice and fresh. Oh, and I stuck by my rule of "no alcohol before noon" and just ordered an iced tea, which apparently I didn't take a picture of. :)

First trip up to the buffet, I got salad type stuff. Salad w/apples and blue cheese, some sort of cucumbers, and green beans.
pic168.jpg

Next up, samosa, ratatouille w/couscous, some sort of rice, some sort of veggies, and salmon.
pic169.jpg

Pork w/applesauce, seafood stew (so so good!!!), and rice w/chicken curry I think.
pic170.jpg

That seafood stew was soooo good! I had it on a couple more plates, as you will see!

Seafood stew over rice, samosa, mac&cheese, couscous, some sort of tofu and veggie dish.
pic171.jpg

Wasn't thrilled with the tofu/veg dish, and the mac & cheese was boring, fine for kids I guess.

More seafood stew over rice, pita and hummus, green beans & mushrooms, curry chicken over rice, some sort of orzo w/feta maybe?
pic172.jpg

Aaaaaand one more plate of seafood stew. I tell ya, I loved this stuff!
pic173.jpg

Then I got some samples of desserts. Bread pudding w/vanilla sauce, fruit, strawberry mousse cup, not sure?, and some tart. The bread pudding was good, as was the fruit. Didn't like the rest.
pic174.jpg

Right, bread pudding was good, so I got more! And it looks like a few grapes, lol.
pic175.jpg

I left here stuffed! I didn't need to eat for a long while after that! But it was really good.

Took some pics on my way out.
pic176.jpg

pic177.jpg

And the lovely Dawa Bar, which I did not stop at once this trip! Amazing, I know!
pic178.jpg

next up: World Showcase alcohol!

Great reviews! :goodvibes I was glad to see a review of Tusker House, since we're eating there for the first time in May. Looks pretty good!

And here's another vote for the Grey Goose Citron Slush! Well worth the brain freeze!

Count me in too! Love the review so far! I sooooooo crave a Grey Goose Slushie right now! I agree that the lemon is the best (Something about that mild tartness massages my tastebuds and the coolness adjusts my attitude!!). When we go "Around the World" for drinks DH likes his beer, I much prefer the drinks! I never had that Apple Margarita - can't believe I missed that drink. Just as well - sorry to hear that they taste like medicine. (I LOVE appletinis!:love:)

I was starting to worry about you, iced tea, no Dawa bar.:confused3 BUT alcohol returns in next update!:laughing:

Hey Marcia, I always read your dining reports here and noticed you are on our June board at TGM.

Love your dining/drinking reports - there are so many new things I want to try!

Just wanted to say that I love your reviews. We just got back from the "World" this morning at 1:00 a.m. Well, I tried the Grey Goose Slushie and it was fabulous! :cloud9: We went to Prime Time on Sunday and David was there. I told him that I had read about him on the DIS! He suggested the Magical Star! It was yummy. I love coconut rum! It was great to be back in the "World." I can't wait to read the rest of your reviews.:thumbsup2

Tusker House, lunch, 3.8.09
Pork w/applesauce, seafood stew (so so good!!!), and rice w/chicken curry I think.
pic170.jpg

That seafood stew was soooo good! I had it on a couple more plates, as you will see!

Seafood stew over rice, samosa, mac&cheese, couscous, some sort of tofu and veggie dish.
pic171.jpg

Hi Marsha, I'm glad you enjoyed Tusker House. We went in Sept 08 and I truly loved this hidden gem. I wasn't expecting too much and was extremely happy with it. (By the way, love all your pictures and they are making me hungry right now popcorn::)

That seafood stew was fantastic. DH found it amusing that I had a few servings of that. I'm looking forward to it again for this Septembers trip.

Thanks for posting all your pics and your hardwork. I am truly enjoying it.

Love your report, but I'm hoping the no-alcohol-before noon rule isn't contagious, nor a real rule. ;)

i'm sorry! i've been having some issues w/my home situation, so haven't been home much. staying out of the house and away from the issue as much as possible.... i'm going to try to post something today, but it depends... but thanks for worrying about me. i'm still alive!

i'm sorry! i've been having some issues w/my home situation, so haven't been home much. staying out of the house and away from the issue as much as possible.... i'm going to try to post something today, but it depends... but thanks for worrying about me. i'm still alive!

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.:hug:

sending good thoughts your way. Your Dining report is wonderful and very entertaining. I'll be patiently waiting for more!!;)

hey everybody just wanted to say thanks to all for the good wishes!

things have calmed down around here somewhat, so hopefully i'll be around more.

i'm about to post a review, thanks for hanging with me! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter