My husband has liver cancer. *HE PASSED AWAY :( POST182* / Photo Slideshow POST 452

I am so very sorry about your husband. I will keep you and your children in my prayers as well as the rest of the family.

I just broke down in tears with this one. I am very sorry and I know that there are no words to describe what you are going through. I lost my mother at age 11 and it was one of the worst times in my life. But now I am strong, and my father is strong – it only took time.

Cherish the memories you had and build on his dreams for your future.

Once again, I am very sorry.

Please accept my family's sympathy. Prayers for you and the children to find strength in each other. :hug:

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep your husband & family in my prayers. I hope the memories of your love will give you comfort & strength.

Please accept my sincere sympathy. I know words cannot heal at this time. But know many of us are thinking of you and praying for you.

Thank you so much for the wonderful words of love and support. I appreciate each and every message.

We are taking things one day at a time. We went to the cemetery today and Aisling (our 7yo dd) bought some beautiful flowers to put on the grave and insisted on paying for them out of her own money, sweet girl.

Deb, I am so very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure your DH knew how much he was loved by you and your kids, and I'm know you will carry his love with your forever in your heart. :hug:

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I remember reading your post back in December and my heart broke to read this update.

Your entire family will be in my prayers. :hug:

We are heartbroken. My darling husband passed away five days ago on January 17th, less than 5 weeks after his diagnosis.

He was very ill over Christmas. Within just a few days of meeting the oncologist for the first time dh was hospitalised with a blocked bile duct. They wanted to put in a stint to let the bile drain from the liver but the tumor had more than doubled in size so it was impossible. A radiologist and surgeon did a delicate procedure on 6th January which involved putting a tiny tube into the side of the liver using a 6mm gap. It was successful but on Monday 9th January dh got an infection. The infection partially cleared with antibiotics but, much to my shock and horror, dh had to be moved to a hospice last Wednesday 11th.

The staff at the hospice were the kindest, most caring and wonderful people I have ever met. Just 6 days after moving to the hospice dh passed away peacefully. He was holding my two sons' hands and waited for me to whisper 'I love you' into his ear.

We are devastated. The initial prognosis of 18-24 months seemed cruel but he actually lived for just 34 days after diagnosis.

His funeral was very powerful and very moving. When I'm feeling up to it I will tell you all about it.

Nothing will ever be the same again. The children and I stayed with dh in the hospice day and night and we've been staying with my mom since he passed away last Tuesday. Tonight is our first night back home and I keep expecting him to walk in the door. :(

I am so sorry for you and your family. My brother in law passed away 11 months ago from liver cancer. He was 45 and had two children, 8 and 10. We moved shortly after his diagnosis so we've been able to be just a few minutes away from the family so I've seen how his children have been progressing over the last year. The thing that has astounded me is that his kids have done really really well. The love and guidance that he gave them is still a very present force in their lives. They know that they were deeply loved and they strive to make their father proud.
It will be a tough year for you and for them but I hope that you are equally surprised at the strength and grace children can display in tragedy. I will be thinking of you and hoping that you all find peace. It does get better.

Thank you so much for the wonderful words of love and support. I appreciate each and every message.

We are taking things one day at a time. We went to the cemetery today and Aisling (our 7yo dd) bought some beautiful flowers to put on the grave and insisted on paying for them out of her own money, sweet girl.

So very sorry for your loss :(

On another note - how do you pronounce your daughter's name? It looks like a lovely name.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. :hug::hug::hug:

That liver cancer is a mean one. I had a co-worker who only lasted 2 weeks from his diagnosis.

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you and your family are going through. Your family are in my prayers :hug:.

You must be in complete shock and disbelief. I am so very sorry for you and your children. Please know that others are thinking of you and praying for your family. Be strong.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter