MVMCP 2012 Official Information

Has anyone actually gone to the last few parties?
Just curious about how long the lines will be?

Thanks again!
P.s- trying to go Dec. 20

So real life has reared its head leaving me very little time to plan for my upcoming trip to WDW, including my first MVMCP. I do have time to browse the boards during lunch, but can't post then.

Since I'll be attending the 2nd party of the year and there aren't a lot of MVMCP thread yet, can it be useful to read some of the MNSSHP threads for touring plans since they're both hard ticket parties or are they different enough that I'm not helping my cause at all? Or should I just be patient and wait until it's a month or so out from my trip to see if MVMCP threads start to pop up more often?

Has anyone actually gone to the last few parties?
Just curious about how long the lines will be?

Thanks again!
P.s- trying to go Dec. 20

Any party during the last week can sell out. With parties scheduled as late as the 20th, the likelihood of a sell-out is pretty high, even though it is on a Thursday night.

Choose your priorities, and don't expect to do it all. Don't try to cross through Main Street very often during the night. That's where you'll feel the sell-out status.

Going on Thursda 11/29...so not expecting it to be sold out and hopefully not incredibly crowded. I have 10 in my party. So I know we will have to line up early for parade/shows to secure decent spots.

My question is what is more worth it to you....spending some time walking around FL and AL soaking up the sightings or lining up to see the 20-minute Castle Show.

If we see the show estimated to be at 7:45pm I'll need to get a spot on the hub that I can also see the first parade...so line up around 6:45pm?

If we don't see the castle show I figured we can walk around until probably 7:15pm and then line up on main street for a spot for the 8:15 Parade.

We have some old and young on the trip so second parade is too late.

This will be our 1st mvmcp on 11/9 we have ADR for CRT at 5 looking forward to both but Im wondering if CRT shouldve been scheduled for a different day any thoughts?

This will be our 1st mvmcp on 11/9 we have ADR for CRT at 5 looking forward to both but Im wondering if CRT shouldve been scheduled for a different day any thoughts?

I've done this twice and both times, I was out by 6 PM. I wouldn't eat any later and I'd ask for the bill maybe when they bring your main course. It was a nice thing to do to lead into the party. I'd highly recommend it.

Hoping for 12/13, but waiting just a little longer to book. Very nervous about the "no refunds" part...want to make sure we've got our trip schedule carved in stone first....

Hoping for 12/13, but waiting just a little longer to book. Very nervous about the "no refunds" part...want to make sure we've got our trip schedule carved in stone first....

We are hoping to go during my son's wish trip on 11/16. I'm a bit leery of the no refunds, too...well, also it being on the Fri before Thanksgiving. There are some fun things going on at GKTW the other nights the party is offered and, well, a Wish Trip at GKTW is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime thing. :) Fri works best for us but do any of you guys have experience going to one of the "no advance purchase discount" nights?

I'm pretty excited about the fun things I've read about. When we first got our dates for the trip, we were gung-ho about the party. Once I read about the wonderful-ness of GKTW, then I started wondering if our (by then) almost 4 yr old would enjoy chilling at GKTW instead. Well, after reading fun stories of others' experiences at MVMCP plus the fact that we get a "bonus day" at Disney, well, it's kind of hard to resist! We love everything about Christmas. In fact, E (my son) has already asked, multiple times, where his Christmas tree is (as in OUR family tree) and if we can put it up yet. Weekly, he says, "Mommy, is it Christmas?" "No." "Well, I want it to be Christmas and I want it to snow!!" Heh...well, we live in TX so that's not likely to happen, but he can dream :) I'm so excited that he'll get to PROBABLY attend not one, not two, but maybe even THREE Christmas parties/activities (if we throw in Sea World before we leave!) in November :) :) :santa::santa::santa:

Excited to soon be going on our first trip to WDW in Dec 12-22. We are planning on attending MVMCP but i'm not sure what date would be best. So far i have our itinarary planned to go to MK on Dec 13 and 14th. MK is open at 8am on Dec 13th then has the party that night. And again the party occurs on Dec 14th.
My question is: if we plan on hitting MK both days, should we take advantage of the EMH on dec 13th and make an ultra long day of it? (will be me, DH and DD (12)) staying late then heading back the next day Dec 14th.

OR: if we sleep in a little on Dec 13th then head to MK for the day and night. I just want to make sure we get to see everything in the MK over 2 days. However i also want to make sure we don't collapse from exhaustion! My reasoning is that the Thurs party may not be as crowded as the Friday one. Any thoughts?

Excited to soon be going on our first trip to WDW in Dec 12-22. We are planning on attending MVMCP but i'm not sure what date would be best. So far i have our itinarary planned to go to MK on Dec 13 and 14th. MK is open at 8am on Dec 13th then has the party that night. And again the party occurs on Dec 14th.
My question is: if we plan on hitting MK both days, should we take advantage of the EMH on dec 13th and make an ultra long day of it? (will be me, DH and DD (12)) staying late then heading back the next day Dec 14th.

OR: if we sleep in a little on Dec 13th then head to MK for the day and night. I just want to make sure we get to see everything in the MK over 2 days. However i also want to make sure we don't collapse from exhaustion! My reasoning is that the Thurs party may not be as crowded as the Friday one. Any thoughts?

First rule of hard ticket parties: Avoid Fridays.

From there, you'll have to figure it out. Maybe hit EMH on Thursday, then take a break and go back for the party?

We're going for EMH but staying all the way through the party. And yes, we are insane. :rotfl: We have a number of other MK days though and don't feel the need to move fast at all that day.

Going on Thursda 11/29...so not expecting it to be sold out and hopefully not incredibly crowded. I have 10 in my party. So I know we will have to line up early for parade/shows to secure decent spots.

My question is what is more worth it to you....spending some time walking around FL and AL soaking up the sightings or lining up to see the 20-minute Castle Show.

If we see the show estimated to be at 7:45pm I'll need to get a spot on the hub that I can also see the first parade...so line up around 6:45pm?

If we don't see the castle show I figured we can walk around until probably 7:15pm and then line up on main street for a spot for the 8:15 Parade.

We have some old and young on the trip so second parade is too late.

Just bumping my question and subscribing!

We have tickets for Dec. 16, our TA purchased our tickets this year, and all I have is a conformation number?? Do I have to go the the MK to get our party tickets or can I get them at our resort?

sammielynn said:
We have tickets for Dec. 16, our TA purchased our tickets this year, and all I have is a conformation number?? Do I have to go the the MK to get our party tickets or can I get them at our resort?

I was told by Disney that you give your confirmation number at the resort when you check in.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I have a question...does anyone have a view on Mon Nov 12th vs. Thurs Nov 15th? We always do Thurs night parties, but we can manage to do it on the Monday night this time~if it seems like it would be a better crowd management.

We are attending on 12/11. Our first time doing the Christmas party. I am so excited! Are there any special characters we don't want to miss?

We are attending on 12/11. Our first time doing the Christmas party. I am so excited! Are there any special characters we don't want to miss?

The big one for both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP is the Seven Dwarfs. Another big one is being able to see the princes with their princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter