MVMCP 2012 Official Information

I'm a brand new DVC owner :-)cool1:) and wanted to know if I can purchase the MVMCP tickets online or if I have to call member services. Thank you!

ETA: Nevermind, I found out that I can.

I see a lot of people posting dates about when they are going, but, no real info about the party. Will someone please tell me what the highlights are about this party ....i mean I know at mvmcp you trick or treat......
So, it snows on main street and you see the castle lit up, but, is the parade THAT DIFFERENT? or are the fireworks better than wishes? I need to convince a skeptic that its wieth the extra $$ and since I've never been, I'm needing help

You should check out easywdw's thoughts on the matter at http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/is-2010-mickey’s-very-merry-christmas-party-mvmcp-worth-the-cost/

I think it was fun when I did it last in 2010. THe parade is much much different (unless you're going over the week of Christmas when the Christmas parade is the regular parade), and so are Wishes. For one thing Santa is in the MVMCP parade :santa: and the tin soldiers. There are a ton of rarely seen characters out during the party including the 7 Dwarves and the princes. There are two shows that are both fun that play all night, one in Tomorrowland and one on the Castle stage.

We just bought out tickets for our very first MVMCP!! This is a great trip of firsts: our DD's first trip, our first trip during the holidays! :santa: We're going Dec 13 and I am beyond excited!! :hyper:

And I'm so glad you all confirmed that we don't need a park ticket to go in a 4pm! :thumbsup2 We'll be able to relax, shop, nap, etc before our fun evening!

Hi all :) I've googled and searched high and low and can't find an answer to my question so I'm hoping someone here can help me out! My question is about "** Premium Night Dec 21 $67.95/$62.95" If I'm understanding correctly you can only buy those tickets the day of the party. We are trying to decide on our arrival date/time and I'm wondering if anyone with experience with the last party of the year can tell me A) What time do the tickets go on sale that day? B) Where are they on sale at and is there a long line/wait usually? I'd like to get there in time to get tickets for that night and start our trip off with a bang but I can't seem to find how the ticket buying process for the last MVMCP goes! Thanks so much :)

Hi all :) I've googled and searched high and low and can't find an answer to my question so I'm hoping someone here can help me out! My question is about "** Premium Night Dec 21 $67.95/$62.95" If I'm understanding correctly you can only buy those tickets the day of the party. We are trying to decide on our arrival date/time and I'm wondering if anyone with experience with the last party of the year can tell me A) What time do the tickets go on sale that day? B) Where are they on sale at and is there a long line/wait usually? I'd like to get there in time to get tickets for that night and start our trip off with a bang but I can't seem to find how the ticket buying process for the last MVMCP goes! Thanks so much :)

You can buy them now...they just are not discounted for a prebuy

Oh my gosh thank you SO much! :thumbsup2 I was completely misunderstanding what I read! That makes my travel plans so much simpler :)

We have been very lucky to go to WDW for the last two years in a row during Dec. We will be going again from Dec 10th - Dec 17th. The last two years we enjoyed attending the MVMCP but the weather both times was less than great. In 2010, it was freezing and last year we had rain. I understand this is what you get in FL in the winter. Just wondering if the Dec 11th and Dec 13th parties are likely to sell out. I've tried to look around here and other places to see if these parties have sold out in years past, but I can not find the answer. If they are unlikely to sell out, then I can buy the tix when we get there and choose the better weather day. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your time.

We have been very lucky to go to WDW for the last two years in a row during Dec. We will be going again from Dec 10th - Dec 17th. The last two years we enjoyed attending the MVMCP but the weather both times was less than great. In 2010, it was freezing and last year we had rain. I understand this is what you get in FL in the winter. Just wondering if the Dec 11th and Dec 13th parties are likely to sell out. I've tried to look around here and other places to see if these parties have sold out in years past, but I can not find the answer. If they are unlikely to sell out, then I can buy the tix when we get there and choose the better weather day. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your time.

Probably not. But it's definitely a risk. We were at the Sunday 12/11 and Tuesday 12/13 parties last year and they did not sell out. But parties in December can and do sell out. So you do have to consider it a possibility.

Thanks - mom2rtk. Not sure if I can take the risk. The party has become part of our tradition.

Thanks - mom2rtk. Not sure if I can take the risk. The party has become part of our tradition.

If it's important, then pick a date and go with it. Weather IS a risk. But after being at a bitter cold party in 2010 and living throug a torrential downpour last year, I figure we can work around it. Bad weather just thins the ranks! We're doing Sunday 12/9 and Thursday 12/13 this year.

Hi, Just wondering on everyones thoughts on whether the FLE area will be decorated for Christmas. I think it would be over the top if this was the case.
I also wonder if the FLE area will be open for MVMCP. I have yet to see any confirmation on that. I assume it will be. If it is I think we may schedule a second MVMCP since there will be so much to see and do.
Getting crazy excited for December!

Hi, Just wondering on everyones thoughts on whether the FLE area will be decorated for Christmas. I think it would be over the top if this was the case.
I also wonder if the FLE area will be open for MVMCP. I have yet to see any confirmation on that. I assume it will be. If it is I think we may schedule a second MVMCP since there will be so much to see and do.
Getting crazy excited for December!

I thought I saw somewhere that they are not decorating that area this year they will do it for next year. I think I watched a you tube video from the Disney Parks that gave a sneak peak of what is coming for Christmas time. The video is fun to watch! :)

If it's important, then pick a date and go with it. Weather IS a risk. But after being at a bitter cold party in 2010 and living throug a torrential downpour last year, I figure we can work around it. Bad weather just thins the ranks! We're doing Sunday 12/9 and Thursday 12/13 this year.

We will be there on the 13th too and after reading your princess palooza thread I feel like I could recognize you and your daughter! Don't be surprised if another crazy mother-daughter team comes up and says Hi!

We will be there on the 13th too and after reading your princess palooza thread I feel like I could recognize you and your daughter! Don't be surprised if another crazy mother-daughter team comes up and says Hi!

:wave: I'd love if you'd say hi! I guess I better finish up last year's trip report before December gets here again! :rotfl: Thanks for reading along! :surfweb:

Okay so I have a daughter who thoroughly enjoys the characters. Like A LOT!

This will probably be our only December trip as I work for a public school and can't really take off time in this month.

We are doing MVMCP on the 13th but I am wondering if it is worth going on our arrival day of the 11th.

For the 13th, we have BBB booked at 3:10 and are planning on getting in line for the 7 dwarfs at 5:30 or so (will probably stay in the area and eye the line)...but I know that she will also want to see (in this order) Belle and the Beast, Minnie Mouse in Holiday outfit, Tiana/Naveen and Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel or Sleeping Beauty and their princes...she has a thing for princes....I should say she has met Prince Charming and The Prince before so that is not a high priority. Prince Naveen is her favorite so even though she has seen him, if it the same prince (we call him "our" Naveen) then she will want to see him again but I figure they will not be so busy later on.

If this is the only December trip we can take....is it worth spending the extra money to see all of those characters?

Now that I am thinking about it...I am wondering about a mother/daughter night and my husband can take my son to T-Rex which is his fave restaurant in all of WDW.....

What to do, what to do?

Oh and this is "our" Naveen.....

Photo0066FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0049FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

:wave: I'd love if you'd say hi! I guess I better finish up last year's trip report before December gets here again! :rotfl: Thanks for reading along! :surfweb:

Are you kidding...you have totally inspired my photos for next time! my daughter and I are very much big character people like you two so I always love reading everyone else's experiences...i use to think I was crazy for enjoying them so much!

We have a Snow White dress just to do the picture with the dwarves...of course, it will not rival your talent for dresses! (bowing down)

I thought it was funny that you said how you have "your" Fairy Godmother...I actually recognized her from our visit...she was wonderful!

Disney2011037.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh and I loved your post about your daughter at BBB with the pop diva do because sure enough, that is what my daughter wants too for her first trip this year....I'm trying to sell her on the courtyard package though....

Are you kidding...you have totally inspired my photos for next time! my daughter and I are very much big character people like you two so I always love reading everyone else's experiences...i use to think I was crazy for enjoying them so much!

We have a Snow White dress just to do the picture with the dwarves...of course, it will not rival your talent for dresses! (bowing down)

I thought it was funny that you said how you have "your" Fairy Godmother...I actually recognized her from our visit...she was wonderful!

Disney2011037.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh and I loved your post about your daughter at BBB with the pop diva do because sure enough, that is what my daughter wants too for her first trip this year....I'm trying to sell her on the courtyard package though....

Awww.... that's her! We'll miss her on this next trip. :sad: Although we're hoping to get to catch her in one of the parades or something.

I can really tell that your daugher loves her Prince Naveen! Great photos!

And I can't wait to see her with all the dwarves.

And.... um...... sorry to inspire her to get the pop diva do. :lmao: It was actually a girl in line ahead of us at the dwarves last year that inspired my daughter to try that do herself. Certainly made for some unique photos though! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter