MVMCP 2012 Official Information

Have the last few parties sold out? Since the first 4 or so did, just wondering what we are in for in 2 weeks. :banana:

Actually there have only been 4 parties so far. They are not held during Thanksgiving week. Because of the crowds they don't want to close the park early. No word on tonight's party.

Raenstoirm said:
Have the last few parties sold out? Since the first 4 or so did, just wondering what we are in for in 2 weeks. :banana:

We went to the Friday 11/16 party and I don't think it sold out. They were selling tix when we arrived at 4:45pm. Thursday 11/15 was sold out--read that on this thread.

This was our first party so other than what I read on here, I didn't know what to expect. Crowds were very manageable. Below us an aproximate of what we accomplished.

The Plaza for dinner (5:05 Ressie, seated at 5:20). Kids ran out to see castle lighting.
6:30 Lined up for Santa (third family)
6:30 Ds and Dh rode A few rides
7:15pm family Santa pic
7:30 Mickey and Minnie family pic
7:50pm Enchanted Tales with Belle
8:20pm New Ariel Ride
8:45pm shopped during group bathroom break
9:00pm Dance party in TL--loved this!
9:10pm Tea Cups, Barnstormer (can't remember new name)
Totally forgot about fireworks!!!
9:30 waited for parade while group rode HM, Pirates, BTMR
10pm parade
10:30pm Princess M & G. Aurora/Philip, Rupunzel/Flynn, Snow/Charming
During this time DH and DS rode more rides
11pm shopped
11:40 left park no lines for buses.

Overall a great night. It Helped slow our MK day down since we could skip rides we already did. Wish I hadn't forgot about fireworks! Would do it again for short lines, ambiance and great parade!

My timeline above is flawed somewhere--we watched the second parade. Would that be 10 or 11?

Attending MVMCP with my BFF, our 2nd annual Moms Only trip. For fun we are planning to wear new Disney Christmas fleece pajamas. Anybody else ever done this? We were freezing last year, so we also figure these will help us stay warm, with layers of course!

We went on Sunday night (11/25) and thought it was OK - not terrible but probably won't bother to do it again. They said on the parking lot bus that the party was sold out so there were no tickets for sale at the gate. It was very VERY busy along Main street and around the castle but there was no wait on any ride. The most we waited was for Space Mountain at 9pm and that was a 10 minute wait. All the other rides we were able to go right on again - the kids rode Thunder Mountain tons. We got hot (warm) chocolate a couple of times during the night. It is sickly sweet (still drank it!) and the cookies are pretty blah. In Liberty Sq. they had chocolate chip and snickerdoodles. We went into both dance parties and though they were both really lame.

We enjoyed being able to see Belle and my son got picked to play beast so that amused us (and horrified him when she kissed him). There isn't much to this new Belle show though...not what I expected. New to us also was the Mermaid ride which seemed dated even though it's brand new. Seeing the new snow white ride progressing was very exciting.

We saw the start of the fireworks from Tomorrowland and the bulk nearish the castle. I thought they were fantastic as was the light show on the castle. We got trapped, very TRAPPED in the after fireworks crowd trying to get over to Frontierland. It was horrible. We had to line up (in Frontierland) at 10pm to get a front row spot for the second parade...we just got there in time from the fireworks. We were pretty under-whelmed with the parade. It just didn't wow me at all. After the fireworks we went back to space mountain (no wait this time) and on buzz lightyear.

Loved the snow on main street which we only really saw on our way out. We stayed in the park till midnight and then hit a wall of people trying to leave. The line to get on the monorail was 10s of people deep at the bottom of the stairs. The ferry line was no better.

So we had fun but I think it was more the thrill of being in the park at dark - something we hadn't done yet. I don't think the parade, snow or hot chocolate made it worth the $$ but I'm still glad we got to experience it once.

Fwiw I think the party is a good deal considering you can be in the park almost as long as a regular park day, minimal wait times for rides, ambiance, different parade/fireworks and if you like character meet and great there are great combos you don't see on a regular day. I can see how this is a big draw for locals. The day ticket price is closing in on $100.

Fwiw I think the party is a good deal considering you can be in the park almost as long as a regular park day, minimal wait times for rides, ambiance, different parade/fireworks and if you like character meet and great there are great combos you don't see on a regular day. I can see how this is a big draw for locals. The day ticket price is closing in on $100.

Yes, I can see how it would be a decent deal for locals, or anyone on their way to a cruise wanting to pop in for a short viist. But for folks on a multi-day ticket, where additional days are just $10, it's not nearly as great a deal. Especially as they eliminate more and more of the party specific things and replace them with things you can do already during the day.

I know for us (we're going to the party on 12/6) that we chose the party tickets in lieu of getting an extra day's park tickets. It was more cost effective and we'd never done the party before. Last visit we had 5 day military park hoppers and this year we only have 4 day PHs so we opted to try this out. I'm a little nervous about a late night with our 2 year old, but since we won't be at the parks that day we will be resting/napping at the hotel before going to the party hopefully!

A question for those who have gone to the party. Has the little mermaid
ride been open to guests of the party?

Thanks!

yolie912 said:
A question for those who have gone to the party. Has the little mermaid
ride been open to guests of the party?

Thanks!

For all parties so far.

I am in the process of making autograph books for my girls and was just wondering if Pooh and the gang sign at the Party?

Oshawott501 said:
They do not, in fact the night I went 11/25 they were not out at all.

We were there on the 25th and they were out. They were right next to the ride. We didn't ask for autographs so I don't know if they were giving them.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, I did not go through every post...still working my way through this thread. Anyway, if I plan on seeing the second parade, what time do I need to "reserve" a spot. I would love to sit at the very beginning of main street if possible. I know people start saving spots right away for the first parade, just not sure about the second. Thanks for any advice you might have :)

Forgive me if this has been asked already, I did not go through every post...still working my way through this thread. Anyway, if I plan on seeing the second parade, what time do I need to "reserve" a spot. I would love to sit at the very beginning of main street if possible. I know people start saving spots right away for the first parade, just not sure about the second. Thanks for any advice you might have :)

I'm not sure about the beginning of main street, but we watched the fireworks from the hub and then walked down main street and grabbed a curb about midway down for the second parade. I think our party was a sellout last year and there seemed to be plenty of curbside space for awhile. Maybe someone else can offer better info!

I'm not sure about the beginning of main street, but we watched the fireworks from the hub and then walked down main street and grabbed a curb about midway down for the second parade. I think our party was a sellout last year and there seemed to be plenty of curbside space for awhile. Maybe someone else can offer better info!

Thank you! I really did not want to have to sit in our spot for 2+ hours just to get a spot on Main street, so it is great to hear there were spots available after the fireworks :)

I just went to the second parade this past Thursday - and got a front row seat across from Liberty Tree Tavern by lining up about 15 minutes in advance. Not sure how FULL the party was - but I thought there were ALOT of folks there until after the second parade.

First Christmas party for me - and I'll do it again sometime! After one round of cookies - definitely ask for the apples instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter