MVMCP 2012 Official Information

PrincessMommy05 said:
Whoops, posted on the I'm attending thread before I saw this one. The two groups we really want to meet are princes and princesses and the royal family (Cinderella and stepsisters). What order would those of you who have been there before do them in? What time should we get in line? Thanks!!

Princesses/princes first, getting in line for them about 6:15p or so.

LekiaHall said:
What would you recommend for the second parade?

Maybe 15 minutes less for each.

GaSleepingBeautyFan said:
Mine is pretty basic. This will be my 3rd MVMCP and I'm not doing many characters or rides. But here it is:

Arrive at 5pm, eat dinner at Columbia Harbour House (my fav CS in MK)

I hope everyone has a good time!

I have read that Columbia Harbor House closes at 5 on party days. You might want to get there around 4:45 just to be safe.

See my response in the other thread regarding Abu and Genie. Seven Dwarves will definitely be the worst, then Scrooge (who is confirmed), then others. I only prioritized the ones you listed, there are others in between.

I focus on characters usually, and have been through as many as six or seven M&Gs in a night with time for other things. I know others who've done even more.

Where is the line for Seven Dwarfs? Scrooge?

mousecrazy said:
Where is the line for Seven Dwarfs? Scrooge?

Seven Dwarves are by the exit to Splash, under the train station. Scrooge I hear is by the new wall in Fantasyland.

This is one of the more popular M&Gs, with lines rarely less than 45-60 minutes during the party. You may get lucky with less during a parade or towards the end of the night, but probably not. The best way to do them is get in line before the party. In my experience around 6:15p works well.

We lined up for the 2nd parade near the Princess M&G. We were there maybe 45 min ahead of time (after arriving at the fireworks late and having a bad spot, we moved to mainstreet and a better location for the parade). While waiting for the parade to arrive in our area, we were able to meet Mickey and Minnie with maybe a 5-10 minute wait. As soon as the end of the parade passed us by, we quickly walked to the Princess M & G area and only had a short line to meet them too!

The lines for the rides were nonexistant, with walk ons. The character lines were a little longer for some areas, but really short for others! We stayed until 12:30 or so taking photos with not many people in the park, and taking advantage of Photopass and other photo areas.

This was our first time at MVMCP, and we loved it! The Christmas atmosphere, the decorations, characters, low waits for rides and characters!!! We weren't able to see and do everything we wanted (we went to new Fantasyland instead of seeing the tomorrowland Christmas show). We ate before 7pm (making sure we were well away from Mainstreet so we weren't in crowds leaving and arriving).

We used this day as a sleepin, laundry, rest day so that our girls (10,9,8, and 6) were still going come midnight and later! We never did get hot cocoa (but they were giving cookies out from little vendor carts).

My best advice, have a plan and stick to it! We had picked up a brochure showing the times for the different party things early on, and we sat down to figure out when was a good time to do the things we wanted, the rides we wanted, and to meet the characters too! This saved us a lot of time having to figure it out once we arrived at the park! We all had a great time, and would definately do it again!

I am looking for photos of the MVMCP characters. I can't find a thread.... where would I find photos of this years characters... there has to be a link somewhere, right? We're not sure who we'd like to line up for so if we could see some pictures of what the characters are wearing it may help us make our decision.

What locations can I get the party brochure? Do resorts have them?

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/10226 This may be what you're looking for.

We were at the party last night. Really enjoyed walking on all the rides. Watched the fireworks then went and found a spot for the parade. Afterwards we went and watched the last showing of the castle show. I really wish the party was earlier in the day. I felt so bad for all the little ones that were either sleeping or so overly tired they were miserable. I really didn't think the crowds were that bad for it being sold out. I've seen much worse. But then again we didn't do characters.

I was happy I got my shirt, mickey popcorn bucket, and Christmas mug! It was a great night for me :)

Would love to see pictures of these items? Anyone have them?
also hear prices as well.
planning planning planning. . .

I am so excited my family and I will be attending our first MVMCP on November 27th! :woohoo: I am trying to come up with a plan for the night. I am thinking that we will probably not focus on character meets. We would like to see as many shows as possible. What time and where should we find a spot to watch Wishes. I was thinking maybe we could find one spot to watch Wishes, then the Castle stage show, and the second parade (maybe in front of Casey's?). Not sure if that would be too far back to see the castle show though. We'd really like to see it snow on Main Street. Does that only happen during the parade? I do know that we will be arriving around 4pm and will eat a quick service meal before the party starts. Thanks for your help! :)

Does MVMCP typically end around the 20/21st every year? I am trying to make tentative plans for next year.

Sometimes a little earlier depending on when the dates hit. Last year the last party was on the 18th.

Sometimes a little earlier depending on when the dates hit. Last year the last party was on the 18th.
Thank you!
So, in looking at where the dates fell last year, and where they are this year....it looks like the weekend before when Christmas actually is? I was thinking we'd be there December 18-26/27 next year possibly, hoping for a party on December 19,20, 21.

Thank you!
So, in looking at where the dates fell last year, and where they are this year....it looks like the weekend before when Christmas actually is? I was thinking we'd be there December 18-26/27 next year possibly, hoping for a party on December 19,20, 21.

Not necessarily. I think they like to end on a weekend, but that's not always the case.

I think it also will depend on attendance this year at those last parties. With 3 out of the first 4 parties sold out this year though, I'd wager on them running as many as possible next year. But I wouldn't make any plans you can't change. Some folks made assumptions about MNSSHP a couple years back and came up short when they started the parties later into the month than expected.

They usually announce dates the end of March with tickets on sale 5/1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter