MVMCP 2012 Official Information

Last year we went to a sold out party. Got there early- 4:00, did a few rides and at 6:00 went over to get inline for the Dwarfs. Waited about an 1 1/2 hours and went to enjoy the rest of the party. This year we are going Dec. 16 at I hope to do at least one character and then enjoy the party. Going to be a tough decision on which character to shoot for this year.

Just back from tonight's party. Sold out so wall to wall people with not much room to move and groove! Those crowds are just insane.

Line for 7 Dwarfs was about 2 hours long. Even longer than that was the line for Cinderella, Prince and evil stepsisters and step mom all together. They were in front of new Fantasyland. I don't understand why people will spend so many hours waiting for these photo ops, missing the majority of the party???

I don't think we got enough value for what it costs. I'm glad we did it and had e experience. We've done the Halloween party, enjoyed it but once is enough. Crowds for the parade make it tough to really enjoy. Xmas Wishes is great but we enjoyed it far more from CA Grill on top of the Contemporary. That was awesome. Civilized, relaxed and fun.

Well, last year we totally lucked out on our Epcot Day as Cinderella and Prince Charming came right out near Int'l Gateway and we snagged an AWESOME photo with our DD! Same thing happened with the Fairy Godmother just through the Castle and Jasmine in Epcot. Only waited about 20 minutes for her! I think you luck out with Characters to be honest. However, I'm dying to have a photo with the Dwarfs! ARE THEY ONLY AROUND FOR PARTIES??? I guess that's what I'd like to know. I love them, but don't want to stand for 2 hours.

LisaTC said:
Well, last year we totally lucked out on our Epcot Day as Cinderella and Prince Charming came right out near Int'l Gateway and we snagged an AWESOME photo with our DD! Same thing happened with the Fairy Godmother just through the Castle and Jasmine in Epcot. Only waited about 20 minutes for her! I think you luck out with Characters to be honest. However, I'm dying to have a photo with the Dwarfs! ARE THEY ONLY AROUND FOR PARTIES??? I guess that's what I'd like to know. I love them, but don't want to stand for 2 hours.

Yep, 'fraid so--at least in recent years.

We were at the party last night. Really enjoyed walking on all the rides. Watched the fireworks then went and found a spot for the parade. Afterwards we went and watched the last showing of the castle show. I really wish the party was earlier in the day. I felt so bad for all the little ones that were either sleeping or so overly tired they were miserable. I really didn't think the crowds were that bad for it being sold out. I've seen much worse. But then again we didn't do characters.

I was happy I got my shirt, mickey popcorn bucket, and Christmas mug! It was a great night for me :)

3Leafs said:
We were at the party last night. Really enjoyed walking on all the rides. Watched the fireworks then went and found a spot for the parade. Afterwards we went and watched the last showing of the castle show. I really wish the party was earlier in the day. I felt so bad for all the little ones that were either sleeping or so overly tired they were miserable. I really didn't think the crowds were that bad for it being sold out. I've seen much worse. But then again we didn't do characters.

I was happy I got my shirt, mickey popcorn bucket, and Christmas mug! It was a great night for me :)

If you concentrate on rides, parties never seem crowded.

I enjoyed the shows with no problem. I was there without kids. It's a totally different view.

I have a quick question. When you do the MVMCP do you just go at 4pm or you do a park day as well? I was thinking of going to MK that day and then stay for the party or should I just rest?

Thank you!

yolie912 said:
I have a quick question. When you do the MVMCP do you just go at 4pm or you do a park day as well? I was thinking of going to MK that day and then stay for the party or should I just rest?

Thank you!

If you have kids, I recommend the rest. If it's just adults and all can pull off 15 hours in the parks, go for it.

These posts are scaring me a bit. :scared1:

Got a princess lover in the house now, so trying to see some of them during the party. Our day is next to the last party (Dec 20), so pretty confident it's gonna sell out.

Historically, how bad are the lines for Cinderella, Charming, et al, Rapunzel/Flynn and Snow White?

My daughter is heavy into Beauty & the Beast right now, so a bit bummed about no more M&G with Beast. :sad2:

If you have kids, I recommend the rest. If it's just adults and all can pull off 15 hours in the parks, go for it.

::yes::::yes::::yes:: to this advice! ;)

With 2 little ones, we would have never made it until midnight without taking it easy during the day and squeezing in naps. Even with an easy day, by the end of MVMCP, DH and I were feeling the pain of such a long afternoon/evening... :rolleyes1 Best of luck!

LekiaHall said:
These posts are scaring me a bit. :scared1:

Got a princess lover in the house now, so trying to see some of them during the party. Our day is next to the last party (Dec 20), so pretty confident it's gonna sell out.

Historically, how bad are the lines for Cinderella, Charming, et al, Rapunzel/Flynn and Snow White?

My daughter is heavy into Beauty & the Beast right now, so a bit bummed about no more M&G with Beast. :sad2:

This is one of the more popular M&Gs, with lines rarely less than 45-60 minutes during the party. You may get lucky with less during a parade or towards the end of the night, but probably not. The best way to do them is get in line before the party. In my experience around 6:15p works well.

What time are people lining up to watch the first parade? I would rather go to the 10:30 parade but not sure if my kids will make until then. We are doing the wishes dessert party the night before so our only priority is the parade.

MDChris said:
What time are people lining up to watch the first parade? I would rather go to the 10:30 parade but not sure if my kids will make until then. We are doing the wishes dessert party the night before so our only priority is the parade.

On Main Street, you're looking at 60 minutes prior for a front-row position. Figure 45 or so for a similar spot in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

This is one of the more popular M&Gs, with lines rarely less than 45-60 minutes during the party. You may get lucky with less during a parade or towards the end of the night, but probably not. The best way to do them is get in line before the party. In my experience around 6:15p works well.

Thanks for the feedback. We're also doing CRT earlier that day, so that should alleviate some of my "gotta meet the princesses" anxiety.

Question for you: Obviously we can't line up for more than one character at 6:15. Which would you recommend? We do plan to do M&Gs during the first parade, so just trying to prioritize based on level of popularity during the parties.

Thanks!

LekiaHall said:
Thanks for the feedback. We're also doing CRT earlier that day, so that should alleviate some of my "gotta meet the princesses" anxiety.

Question for you: Obviously we can't line up for more than one character at 6:15. Which would you recommend? We do plan to do M&Gs during the first parade, so just trying to prioritize based on level of popularity during the parties.

Thanks!

The three most popular M&Gs during parties are consistently the Seven Dwarves, the princesses/princes (that you asked about), and Jack Sparrow--in that order. If you are interested in the 7Ds and are satisfied with the princesses at CRT, then do the 7Ds first, and line up even earlier than 6:15p.

But, one reason this princesses are very popular is because they meet with their respective princes, which you won't get at CRT. Add in that one of those princes is Flynn...well, there you go. ;)

mesaboy2 said:
The three most popular M&Gs during parties are consistently the Seven Dwarves, the princesses/princes (that you asked about), and Jack Sparrow--in that order. If you are interested in the 7Ds and are satisfied with the princesses at CRT, then do the 7Ds first, and line up even earlier than 6:15p.

But, one reason this princesses are very popular is because they meet with their respective princes, which you won't get at CRT. Add in that one of those princes is Flynn...well, there you go. ;)

I know my oldest will want to meet Abu & Genie, but I'm wondering of they'll be as crazy as 7D or Scrooge McDuck if he's there as rumored. From your experience, or that of others who have been do you think we'll be able to squeeze in more than one M&G and still enjoy the parade and rides?

lovingeire said:
I know my oldest will want to meet Abu & Genie, but I'm wondering of they'll be as crazy as 7D or Scrooge McDuck if he's there as rumored. From your experience, or that of others who have been do you think we'll be able to squeeze in more than one M&G and still enjoy the parade and rides?

See my response in the other thread regarding Abu and Genie. Seven Dwarves will definitely be the worst, then Scrooge (who is confirmed), then others. I only prioritized the ones you listed, there are others in between.

I focus on characters usually, and have been through as many as six or seven M&Gs in a night with time for other things. I know others who've done even more.

Whoops, posted on the I'm attending thread before I saw this one. The two groups we really want to meet are princes and princesses and the royal family (Cinderella and stepsisters). What order would those of you who have been there before do them in? What time should we get in line? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter