• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother In Law's Tongue - May 4-12 COMPLETE with VIDEOS & Puppy Update!!!

Whew! Just read all of your updates! Thank goodness you posted links to each one!

First off, love the shirts. The ones with the names outlined and the characters in them are my favorites, no wait maybe the red ones. Well, anyway, we did matching shirts last time and always got complimented. Wasn't going to do it on this trip, but I may have to rethink that.

Secondly, what a great room at WBC. We'll be staying there this go round too so I really liked the view from your room and all of your pics.

Third, can I just say YUM about Wishes dessert party. That looks good. May have to try that on a future trip-or this trip, I'll just wait until we get there ,push to the front of the line and see if they can get me in.:confused3

We made our way towards the tower. This was a new ride for everyone. We picked up fastpasses for Rocknrollercoaster and made our way over to check out the Tower of Terror. DS was squirming already. He had sworn up and down that he would go on this ride. Of course, when the time came, he chickened out. We really wanted to experience this as a family. A very nice man near the ride gave us fastpasses so we were able to ride it right away. DS refused... so we sort of stretched the truth... a bit. We are evil parents.

We had to height check DD. The boy before her did not make it. His parents were ticked. Lucy hit it with no issue and we started walking through the line. DS kept repeating "we're not going on it! we're not going on it!" as we kept walking through the line... we said we were just checking out the line... seeing what was all in it... the hotel and everything... super cool. We were trying to get him excited about it but no, it was not working.

DSC_0099q.jpg

DSC_0099s.jpg

DSC_0099t.jpg

We came to a CM who asked how many were in our party, we said 5. She said "follow me". As we entered the elevator DS really began to freak out. He figured it out that yes, we were actually going to ride this thing and there was nothing he could do about it. Everyone just kept reassuring him that it would be okay. This kid LOVES Haunted Mansion. I thought for sure that he would somewhat appreciate the "hauntiness" of this ride. We were put in the back row. DS was up against the wall with DH next to him then MIL then DD & me. DD had no idea what was about to happen. Really, NO clue whatsoever. I recorded it of course. DD flew off the seat on the first drop. DH did not even get to enjoy it, he was too busy comforting DS who had his head buried in DH's lap.

Photo0197FourBySix.jpg

Do I feel bad for doing what we did? Yes BUT I am so glad we did it. My philosophy is "try it once and if you don't like it, you'll never have to do it again". Will I try to talk him into it again? Yes but I won't force him on it. I'm sure someday he will go back on it. DD said she would go back on it already. lol...

When the ride ended a girl in front of us turned around and gave DS a high five for doing it. I think she thought we were awful parents. Oops...

I got in line for the ride pic to be added to my Photopass Plus. A man behind me commented that these PP+'s were the best thing ever. He was the first person I had seen with one besides me. He said I was the first other one he's seen too. It paid for itself with how many meal & ride photos we had added. I really did love having it.

We made our way over to Rocknrollercoaster. DH had ridden this on our first trip by himself. He loved it and couldn't wait to take me on. We got a riderswitch pass and got in line. It took awhile even in the fastpass lane to get through. We were put in 8th row. I was really nervous about this for some reason. I've done plenty of rollercoasters but something about the unknown that just gets to your stomach. The ride was great. I didn't think the beginning was too fast at all. DH had a headache afterwards and didn't want to ride again so I went on with MIL and we were put in the same seat as the last time (8th row). I had to tell MIL to take off her glasses or she'd probably lose them.

Photo0200FourBySix.jpg

Photo0202FourBySix.jpg

MIL & DH of course complained about how uncomfortable the seats were. Seriously. Like you had to sit in them for hours or something ??? We took a pic with DS's new favorite ride in the background and got on with our day. It was almost time to eat!

DSC_0099ab.jpg

When my oldest daughter was 6, she rode ToT and loved it the first time. She asked to ride it again, we did, then she decided she did not like it and said "I will never ride that again!".

Flash forward 1 year, when our youngest daughter was tall enough to ride. We convinced them both to go on it. Afterward, my oldest says "seriously, I mean it this time...never again!":rotfl2:

We had a little time to waste before our ADR so we went to check out the lines for characters in the Animation building. The lines were crazy long. We opted not to join one. Instead we took a picture in the Incredibles area as a family :)

DSC_0108-1.jpg

We took a walk through the rooms with the artwork. We never did that before so it was pretty interesting.

DSC_0116-1.jpg

It was finally time for our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time. DH refused to be included in this meal. Gee, I wonder why!? He does not like being made fun of and with his diet, I knew he would be a candidate. So the reservation was only for the 4 of us. DD was not feeling too well again and had fallen asleep in the stroller. We decided to leave her with DH. DH headed towards Pizza Planet and we made our way to the 50's.

DSC_0099ae.jpg

DS & I ate here on our last trip and LOVED it. We got a great waitress and were involved in some of the antics going on. It was a lot of fun and the food was great. We have an uncle that absolutely loves this restaurant as well so he's done nothing but talked this place up to MIL before our trip. This was one of those things that I knew MIL would just LOVE if she could let loose a little. We waited for a short time on the couch, maybe a total of 5 minutes or so before our family got called to go eat! We were led to a table in the back (half booth/half chairs) and we were smack dab next to a party of 2 eating. We were so close, I felt a little uncomfortable. I wish they had seated us somewhere else (like one of those cool corner tables... but oh well).

DSC_0099ag.jpg

DSC_0099ao.jpg

MIL commented on the small menu once again ??? She settled on a seafood salad (an appetizer)... okay... I got my favorite, the Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes :) YUM! I had that last time and couldn't even finish half of it. DS settled on a hot dog with fries. I also ordered a strawberry milkshake. YUM. MIL wanted to get water but thought that it would be the gross Florida water (I couldn't taste a difference in the water to be honest) so she ended up getting a sprite which she complained about (YES, complained about the sprite!) I allowed DS to ordered the Mickey Be-Bop drink that comes with a glowing ice cube. He got one last time so now we would have 2 ice cubes which means less fighting at home :)

DSC_0099al.jpg

DSC_0099an.jpg

DSC_0099am.jpg

DSC_0099ak.jpg

My plate seemed small for some reason. It just seemed like I had received so much more food on our last trip than I did this time. MIL seemed to like her salad even though there is no way that would've filled me up. The waitress commented that I better finish my collared greens so I did. DS really liked his hot dog and ate the whole thing! The table next to us was after some trouble... they tried to smart off to the waitress but got nothing in return ??? DH texted me that DD had gotten a bloody nose and she was running a fever. MIL turned on the flip out switch. Right away she told our waitress that we had to get our check and leave (DH is fully capable of handling a bloody nose mind you). The waitress quit any type of shenanigans :( The "fun" was over. MIL was all worked up and wanted OUT of the restaurant. She told the waitress everything and then asked if there was a first aid place we could take DD. I texted DH that we were on our way out and to meet us at the first aid station near the front of the park. We got out of the restaurant and waited on the main street for DH. I took a pic with DS while we waited.

DSC_0099ap.jpg

It took him a good 20 minutes to get there (so obviously NOT an emergency). I couldn't even talk to MIL at this point. She was the one acting as if she was hyperventilating. We found the first aid station and she barged in talking a mile a minute. The nurses looked at us and asked if we wanted DD's temp taken. Sure we did. So they took her temp and it was 99.7. Yes, not even 100. MIL blew a sigh of relief and began with the apologies. Ugh. I just wanted to crawl under a rock. The nurses gave us some info on the local hospital if we felt like we should take this any further and I immediately put an end to that nonsense. This was MY daughter and I was NOT worried one bit. She was acting fine, smiling... just had a small fever which comes and goes. DH said the bloody nose was small and had ended almost immediately. He was annoyed as well. No worries. We can go on and try to enjoy the rest of our day. So we tried...

Love your movie night ideas. Your kids must have LOVED that.. Might have to steal your idea and do a couple a month for my kiddos to pass times before our trip. Today they’re having an outdoor showing of Pirates of the Caribbean down the street from me and I’m thinking about taking DD. I’m going to keep my eyes out for fun stuff like that to do before our vacation.
Your kids are cute, your DD has the sweetest smile.
I too like to buy gifts for my kids before our trip and give them out throughout the trip to avoid spending too much in the gifts shops. We’re usually pretty good at conserving our money. Normally I only leave with a coffee mug, Christmas ornament, and maybe one other small item.
BTW your pictures are AMAZING!!! Love, Love, Love them! You must have a great camera and a great eye!

I'm loving your report!! Getting excited for our trip!!

And I will say....I was that "bad" parent too!! I didn't tell DD (we did a mom/DD trip last summer) we were going on ToT....and made her ride it!!! When she got off her exact words, "I will not ride that again until I'm 80!!" oh we'll see....I may bribe her on our next trip!!!

Sorry you are dealing with MIL....I couldn't imagine...and hopefully never have to!!!

The shirts were a massive hit. We got compliments every single day we had some sort of "theme" to what we wore. On this day everyone kept asking where their orange shirt was. MIL was really impressed that so many people commented on them. :woohoo:

I love those shirts too! Which kind of spray did you use?

We sat and gathered ourselves for a moment after the first aid visit. We were busy checking showtimes when we finally decided to settle on Indiana Jones. It would be new for everyone and something MIL was interested in seeing. We starting making our way back towards the big hat when we were pulled aside for a quick movie role. DS & I were chosen and told what lines we had to say. The director said "Action!" and we went to it.

The guy: "What!? You mean to tell me that Dominic is my long lost son that I never knew before?"

Me: "YES!"

DS: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" (as he ran away)

Photo0212FourBySix.jpg

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

Everyone clapped and the Photopass photographer was taking pics the whole time. They pulled out some fake money and paid DS & DD each $100 for being so good. Okay, no we had to hurry to make it to Indiana Jones in time. We booked it, parked the stroller under a tree (it was starting to look a little dark in the distance) and made our way into the theater. We found a seat a couple of rows up. There was a lady talking down on the stage and she was looking for volunteers. I told DH that he would do it and he just shook his head. What fun is it if you don't participate? She was headed over to our section so I shot my hand up and was chosen immediately! Yay! I'm scared! lol... I made my way down to the stage with the other chosen few. We each had to introduce ourselves and where we were from. I had to laugh like a princess (tee-hee-hee) and then they sent us off to wardrobe.

DSC_0122-2.jpg

We got on our ever so fashionable robes, signed our life away on the consent form (now I was scared) and sat down to watch the opening number. I pulled out my video camera and recorded it from just about the worst seat in the house. Oh well. We were given some quick instructions to basically follow what our leader does and have fun. Big movements are better. And off we went! Back down the stairs onto the stage. We went through a few scenarios and then one of the guys took a volunteer and started to "shoot" him. Everytime he shot at him, there was a loud bang. Then he handed the "gun" over to me and told me to finish him off. After that we had to act like we were shopping in the marketplace.

DSC_0132-1.jpg

DSC_0137-1.jpg

Before I knew it, the whole thing was over with. There was apparently supposed to be a lot more to the show but the rain had moved in and since part of the set is outdoors, they were unable to continue the show. I walked back over to my family and they were all smiles and excited for me :) I think it helped to cheer everyone up a bit. Now we had to deal with the rain though. Out came the ponchos and we took off running to rescue our stroller. We found cover in a Star Wars store and waited it out. MIL bought DS a Star Wars figurine set and DD was determined to find something in that store (but I didn't let her)... once the rain stopped we walked over towards the Little Mermaid. I called my dad to check on our 3 puppies and he said he had bad news. 2 of them had gotten out. My sister came to visit him and she left the door wide open. She was out looking for them and he was walking around the yard as we were talking. My heart just sank and I immediately started crying. DH saw it in my face and told me to sit down. MIL took DD shopping in the princess store. As I was talking to my dad he said "here they come!"... both of the dogs were walking around the corner together. Thank goodness. Not sure what I would do if I lost any of my dogs. They are like my children. Whew! DD came back with the freakiest doll I've ever seen at WDW. It was a Cinderella/Belle all in one. There was a head sticking out between the legs of the other one and you could flip the dress over the other head to turn it into the other princess. Weird. But DD loved it.

DSC_0146.jpg

It started to rain a bit again so we took cover in "One Man's Dream". DS & I did this on our last trip and loved checking it out with everyone else. The movie at the end is so touching and really brings you into perspective for enjoying the parks even more.

DSC_0156-1.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Afterwards we found one of these guys to get a pic by:

DSC_0162-2.jpg

Then we went to do the Studio Backlot tour. We had to wait about 10 minutes. It started to drizzle once we got to the tram and by the time the tour was done, it was full blown raining again.

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

DSC_0203-1.jpg

Looks like we were going to miss Fantasmic :( Everyone was ready to leave and no one wanted to brave through the rain. We made our way out but before we left, we needed to get a pic in front of the park's big hat. Ponchos and all, we got one.

Photo0224FourBySix.jpg

We got back to the resort and the kids got more presents. DS got a light saber bean toy & DD got some scratch off Tinkerbell jewelry with a Tinkerbell figurine. They played for the rest of the night as I enjoyed the fireworks by myself on the balcony. What a life.

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0220-1.jpg

Love your movie night ideas. Your kids must have LOVED that.. Might have to steal your idea and do a couple a month for my kiddos to pass times before our trip. Today they’re having an outdoor showing of Pirates of the Caribbean down the street from me and I’m thinking about taking DD. I’m going to keep my eyes out for fun stuff like that to do before our vacation.
Your kids are cute, your DD has the sweetest smile.
I too like to buy gifts for my kids before our trip and give them out throughout the trip to avoid spending too much in the gifts shops. We’re usually pretty good at conserving our money. Normally I only leave with a coffee mug, Christmas ornament, and maybe one other small item.
BTW your pictures are AMAZING!!! Love, Love, Love them! You must have a great camera and a great eye!

Thank you! We are actually planning a Muppets night for tonight. I enjoy planning things and having fun nights like that with my family. Even if it's a lot of work... lol. I have a Nikon D5000 tha I absolutely LOVE. I would like to eventually get another lens for it but for right now I'm so satisfied with the pics it takes. Best purchase ever (besides a Disney vacation of course!)

I'm loving your report!! Getting excited for our trip!!

And I will say....I was that "bad" parent too!! I didn't tell DD (we did a mom/DD trip last summer) we were going on ToT....and made her ride it!!! When she got off her exact words, "I will not ride that again until I'm 80!!" oh we'll see....I may bribe her on our next trip!!!

Sorry you are dealing with MIL....I couldn't imagine...and hopefully never have to!!!

That makes me feel so much better! lol.. I'm not the only bad parent. haha. I'm a big fan of the bribing... DS has a huge bribe over his head to go on Expedition Everest next time. I do think my DD will be my daredevil though. She doesn't seem to be phased by anything. :confused3

I love those shirts too! Which kind of spray did you use?

It was only bleach. I put some in a spray bottle and put down cardstock cutouts of Mickey heads and our names and then sprayed. I messed up on two so I had to redo those but otherwise I was happy with them. I buy my shirts from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon so they were a little over $1 each.

We had an early ADR for Tusker House. This would be our first time for everyone at that restaurant. I was very excited! Today was green shirt today. As we were walking from the parking lot to the main gates, MIL commented on all of the "Mother In Law's Tongue" she was seeing again. "Disney must really like that plant for some reason"... lol... We arrived at the gates at 7:50am and were let right in. We walked through the park and enjoyed the quiet before the storm. The tree was awesome as usual. I was so worried leading up to our trip because a branch had fallen a few weeks back and they had closed down the Tree of Life (including ITTBAB) but luckily it reopened just in time for our trip (with a few nets over the pathways and an alternative route to keep everyone safe). We finally arrived at Tusker House.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0029-2.jpg

We got in line to get our picture taken with Donald and there was another family in front of us that had green shirts on. The CM's started to joke with us that we were all part of the same family and they were going to seat us all together. We got up to Donald and got our pics taken.

Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

We were brought in and given a tour. I love the inside of this place... so cool looking :)

DSC_0037-2.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Our table was right next to the other green family. lol... the breakfast was yummy. The juice was amazing. Service was great and characters were a lot of fun!

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

They did the parade and we were in Daisy's area so the kids followed her around. I was trying to get out of the picture for DH but apparently he didn't zoom in at all and now I just look like a moron.

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0055-2.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

We finished up and headed out to see how far they would let us get. There was a rope set up right before Kilimanjaro Safaris so we took our place and got ready to run.

DSC_0069-1.jpg

We were sitting there talking like no big deal when I heard a CM say "Whatever you do, don't turn around!" Of course, I turn around and this is what we saw coming at us:

DSC_0071-2.jpg

YIKES! They dropped the rope and we were off! I ran to get FP's for the Safari and then we backtracked over to make our way to Expedition Everest. I snapped a cool pic of the tree on our way...

DSC_0073-2.jpg

So we arrived at Expedition EVerest. My legs were killing me.

DSC_0077-1.jpg

It was literally a walk on. DS had chickened out (surprise, surprise). On our last trip I got him to enter the line and then he started crying before we got to board :( DH & I decided to go first. We told MIL to go stand by the little area where you can watch the coaster come down the big hill. DH and I made our way through the line and the CM appointing which seat to sit in told us "Row ONE!" WHAT!? Seriously! I was freaking out. I was terrified of this ride. The backwards part scared me the most and then that giant drop just looks intense! And to top it off, my very first ride on it would be front row. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! We boarded. I cried. They asked if we were ready. I said no. The ride started anyways. Why even ask then!? lol.. I pulled out my handy dandy $40 video recorder & started taping. You can hear me cussing the whole time going up the hill on the video (luckily I covered that with some music.. lol) but yeah, the ride really wasn't all that bad. The backwards part in the dark is very disorienting. The drop was nothing. DH was quite disappointed to be honest. Disney just cannot do "thriller" I guess.

Photo0230FourBySix.jpg

We got off the ride and started looking for MIL so I could take her on it. She was nowhere to be found. We looked EVERYWHERE! We walked around, checked the stores, everything! This was valuable opening park time that we were wasting away. I was starting to get mad. DH was ticked! MIL has not been carrying her cell phone into the parks each day so we didn't bother to call her. Then I got a text message saying that they were in the bathroom. So she had her phone! Ugh, finally she comes waltzing out like there's no big hurry or anything. I grab her and run to get in line again. We were given the 3rd row this time. Okay, that's a little better... lol. I didn't bother taking video this time but I did get a picture.

102_0018.jpg

Photo0232FourBySix.jpg

I love how she's holding onto her glasses... lol... just take them off! DH got a picture of us coming down the hill. He knows how to use that camera :)

DSC_0084-1.jpg

All in all, I loved that ride. DS says he will do it next time. It's really not all that bad... I think Splash Mountain's drop is worse. So it was time to get on with the rest of the day...

DSC_0090-1.jpg

Don't feel bad about ToT and having the kids ride. I did the same thing to DS who was going to adopt DH's fear of coasters and I had to put a stop to that :lmao:

Shortly b4 DS's 9th birthday, we were on a trip with Dgma, Daunts and DA's friends. Everyone wanted to ride RnRC and I had had it with having to miss out or do a rider swap so I informed him that since everyone wanted to ride, he should be a good sport and give it a try. Waiting in line, I told him that the ride was pretty short but when he saw the big pink donut it would be over. He was nervous because he heard his dad talk so much about coaster fear but I told him if grandma would ride, really, how scary could it be?

By the time we boarded, he was worked into a panic, I assured him he would not fall out and I'd hold his hand the whole time - and I did. After we were off the ride, I asked him if he saw the donut? He argued there wasn't a donut & I figured he had just been nervous so I asked him if he'd like to ride again to see it and he said YES :banana:

He's been riding coasters ever since. Perhaps your guy will decide to give ToT a try again. I think just like your experience with EE, it's the fear of the unknown and once you've done it once, the second time you can actually enjoy :cool1:

Can't wait to see the next shirt colors popcorn::

By the time we finished up over at Everest, it was time to use our fast passes for Kilimanjaro Safari :) We made our way over there and parked the stroller. We walked through the line fairly quickly and were on the truck in about 5 minutes. We got seated in the front row and had a girl driver. She was great! Very informative. MIL drilled her with questions throughout the safari and she was able to answer almost every one. Here are a few pics from the safari:

DSC_0120-2.jpg

DSC_0126-2.jpg

We finally got a good view of the lion. Every other time we went through there, she was sleeping.

DSC_0130-3.jpg

After the safari we made our way over to the Tree of Life. It was time for some bug action. We piled into the waiting area and they stuffed it FULL before finally opening the doors. It was literally elbow to elbow... a little too crowded for my taste. We took our seats in the middle of the theater and I snapped a quick pic before we heard the warning (no flash photography)...

DSC_0137-2.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0146-1.jpg

The show was great as usual. Everyone loved the surprises... DH actually got to feel all of the "surprises" this time around. On our last trip he was seated on the very end of a row and none of the special effects worked on him. The best part was at the end when the bugs crawled out... MIL screamed.. lol. We took a few Photopass pics.

Photo0235FourBySix.jpg

Photo0237FourBySix.jpg

Photo0238FourBySix.jpg

We decided to make our way over to Dinoland. Surprisingly enough DS was willing to go on Dinosaur. He has been on it twice before and gets scared everytime but this time he was actually willing. Maybe third time is a charm? This would be DD's first time... we were excited to see her reaction since she seems to be my little daredevil. The ride was literally a walk on. No fast passes needed. We made our way through the building and took a few pics along the way.

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0156-2.jpg

The ride went great except for the fact that DD didn't even SEE the big dino at the end... lol... she's too busy looking at me. DS said he loved it this time around. This is one of my favorite rides in Disney. Not sure why... it's shaky, bumpy & dark but I love the museum feel to it. The animatronics are awesome!

Photo0241FourBySix.jpg

Getting caught up with your review and I truly love the MIL stories... popcorn:: Funny, because I am probably the MIL that my daughter-in-laws talk about! :rotfl2:

Awesome photos of the safari!

Getting caught up with your review and I truly love the MIL stories... popcorn:: Funny, because I am probably the MIL that my daughter-in-laws talk about! :rotfl2:

Awesome photos of the safari!

lol, thanks! I may actually let my MIL read this when I'm done. She'd probably get a kick out of it!

Sorry I have not updated in quite awhile. I will get back into this next week (promise!) My son's birthday is today :)

Just wanted to drop in and also update everyone that we did go ahead and book another trip!!! Can't believe it!!! Just me & DD are going this time. It will be during free dining & we are planning to hit up a MNSSHP one night!

I haven't really told anyone in fear of what they're going to say.... I did spill the beans to my dad who actually had the nerve to scold me for booking another trip :furious: He just does not understand it... he's one of those people who never goes anywhere and he thinks I should be the same. Ugh. I haven't told the kids either yet. I think I'm going to tell DD on her birthday (September 5th) which will be a little less than a month from when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter