Mother In Law's Tongue - May 4-12 COMPLETE with VIDEOS & Puppy Update!!!

Next we went to see Finding Nemo the Musical. DS and I had seen this show on our previous trip and loved it. It would be DH, DD & of course, MIL's first time seeing it. We lined up and only had to wait a short time before they opened the doors. We opted to sit down closer to the stage (where we did last time). I love how the characters sometimes interact with you if you're sitting down there.

DSC_0167.jpg

By all means the benches are not comfortable. I knew I would be hearing it from the boney butts of the group. MIL & DH were complaining within 5 minutes of sitting down. Apparently I must have enough padding because they don't seem to bother me all that much. The show was great. The kids got some interaction with Nemo which was awesome and of course we were singing the songs for the rest of the day. Next up it was time to grab some food for DH. Where else would we go but Pizzafari? We grabbed a table in the same room we were in on our first trip. DH ordered his cheese pizza and I took the salad. That would be enough to hold me over till our dinner reservation. DS got a cheese pizza as well to share with DD who fell asleep immediately entering Pizzafari. We left her alone. MIL ordered the antipasto salad which she seemed to like even though she fed half of it to DS. I caught a quick pic of DH in his element.

DSC_0178-1.jpg

DSC_0177-1.jpg

I never noticed all of the little creatures glued to the ceiling before...

DSC_0179-1.jpg

Apparently we got in and out of line just in time!!!

DSC_0182.jpg

We did the bathroom break circus... DH went first, then DS decided he had to go so MIL took him, then DD woke up and wanted to go so I took her and then after thinking about it for awhile, MIL decided she needed to go and should've went when she originally took DS (yes, it really was like a circus). Finally! We were on our way! We decided to check out the Flights of Wonder show. DH is a big bird fan. His dad has a macaw named Roscoe. We sat at the very top of the bleachers where there were fans. We enjoyed the show. The kids did not. They began to fight over a quarter. Yes, a quarter.

DSC_0188-1.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

The CM's were lining the streets with tape preparing for the big parade. I wonder how much tape they go through just for parades. It seems like such a waste. We took a bunch of Photopass pics since we really had nothing else left to do.

Photo0289FourBySix.jpg

Photo0242FourBySix.jpg

Photo0247FourBySix.jpg

Photo0252FourBySix.jpg

Photo0257FourBySix.jpg

Photo0258FourBySix.jpg

Photo0263FourBySix.jpg

Photo0266FourBySix.jpg

Photo0271FourBySix.jpg

Photo0278FourBySix.jpg

After we got our pictures taken a gazillion times, we wasted some more time in the shops. I bought myself a Mickey wisk. Yes, big spender, I know. MIL was buying for her sister's boss's kid's neighbor's dogs. Seriously, she bought so much stuff, it was ridiculous. The kids did some pressed pennies and some pin trading.

DSC_0204-1.jpg

Then we left the park and made our way over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner... at Boma!

We left AK a bit early but that was okay. We all needed a bit of a break. Animal Kingdom Lodge is by far my favorite resort. I love walking into it. It is just beautiful!!!

DSC_0216-1.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0226-1.jpg

We hung out inside for awhile to cool down. The kids watched some tv and played around. Eventually we mustered up enough energy to go outside and check out the animals (or lack there of).

DSC_0229.jpg

We saw a ton of little lizards around. Here's a pic of everyone trying to catch one.

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0234-1.jpg

The animals were all pretty far away and almost impossible for the kids to see. We headed back indoors.

DSC_0237-2.jpg

We went downstairs and waited for Boma to open. While waiting, there was a wedding party that made their way down the stairs. I think they had enough to drink because the bride fell flat on her butt going down the stairs... lol. She was DRUNK! DD decided to entertain us and dance around a bit.

DSC_0239-2.jpg

Pretty soon the drums started up and Boma opened. DD & DH were going to sit this meal out. DS was excited to go back to this place so I figured I would splurge and pay for him but I knew DD wouldn't eat much.

DSC_0242-1.jpg

We were seated at a table near the buffet which was nice. MIL ordered a margarita (oy!) and we started eating... Here it is... the BEST thing I swear I have ever tasted, seafood gumbo. I DREAM of seafood gumbo since this trip.

DSC_0246-1.jpg

DS ate like a bird. A few strawberries and some melon. Seriously. Oh yeah, then of course the desserts...

DSC_0253-2.jpg

MIL ordered another margarita throughout the meal. She complimented the waitress on their excellent food and talked and talked and talked on and on about it. I felt bad for the waitress... lol. DH made his way over to the balcony so we could see them while we were eating. We finally finished and made our way back to the resort. I snapped a few pics on our way back.

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Everytime we got into the elevators, it was a fight for who got to push the button. Ugh...

DSC_0262.jpg

The kids got more gifts! Someone must really love them...

DSC_0268-1.jpg

DSC_0269-1.jpg

That night I got some great pics of them playing with all of their toys in the bathtub but I'll spare you the nudity :)

And that is it for Day #5!!! Next up Day #6 and it's a doozey!!!

This was the big day. We had a lot planned for this day. We left for the TTC early and got to the Polynesian just in time to check into 'Ohana's for breakfast. DS and I had done this breakfast on our last trip and we loved it. It was a last minute decision to add this to our list of ADR's for this trip. I knew DH would enjoy it since he's more of a breakfast guy and I just can't pass up the opportunity to mingle with characters :)

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

DSC_0071-3.jpg

We were seated one table away from the table we sat at last time. We were also right underneath a fan. Great, here we go. MIL & DH started complaining instantly. They are just never happy. lol... the food was excellent as always and the juice was awesome. The characters started to make their way out.

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0084-2.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

Stitch was being silly. He pretended to pick his nose and wipe it on DS. Then the parade started and the kids just LOVED this.

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0108-2.jpg

On our way out of the Polynesian, DS wanted to take a picture with the dolphin so I obliged.

DSC_0111-2.jpg

We got in line for the monorail. There were "wet paint" signs everywhere so no leaning on the railings. We sat in line for quite awhile and then a monorail came and the CM told everyone that we couldn't get on it. We would have to go through the line and exit to go take a bus to MK. So we started making our way through the line and by the time we got up to the front, the CM had changed his mind and said we could board the monorail. Yay!!! So everyone piled on... and we were off... to MK... or so everyone thought...

I've enjoyed reading your report. Your children are adorable. We also do matching shirts. It's one of my addictions on trips. We actually had that same design for AK, only ours were white.

Bonnet Creek looks amazing. I'm thinking of going off site for our next trip since we might be driving. It's nice to see how it works. Most of the reports I have read were written by people staying on property. We went last month. I would so love to get back this year, but it isn't looking great.

:rotfl2: at the title of your report. You're braver than I am. I think it would have to be a cruise for us to travel with my MIL. I love her, but I'm sure they named that plant after her. :lmao:

I've enjoyed reading your report. Your children are adorable. We also do matching shirts. It's one of my addictions on trips. We actually had that same design for AK, only ours were white.

Bonnet Creek looks amazing. I'm thinking of going off site for our next trip since we might be driving. It's nice to see how it works. Most of the reports I have read were written by people staying on property. We went last month. I would so love to get back this year, but it isn't looking great.

:rotfl2: at the title of your report. You're braver than I am. I think it would have to be a cruise for us to travel with my MIL. I love her, but I'm sure they named that plant after her. :lmao:

Thank you!!! I do love the matching shirts... haha... I'm having problems coming up with ideas for our mother/daughter trip though. I can always just put DD in a princess dress though.

Bonnet Creek was great if you have your own transportation. I'm not sure how the buses were. I'm a big fan of being on the property but if we ever had more than 4 people, I would stay there again for sure.

lol on the MIL... we had a birthday party for my son this past weekend and my MIL was here with HER ex-MIL. His party didn't end till after midnight because of them bickering at the kitchen table!!! I just sat back and enjoyed it... lol, nice to see my MIL get it from her MIL :rotfl2:

Thank you!!! I do love the matching shirts... haha... I'm having problems coming up with ideas for our mother/daughter trip though. I can always just put DD in a princess dress though.

Oh, here are some we had on our trip. Shadowryter is the DISigner. I found the “mom” ones in her files and just did the request for the ones with my daughter’s name.

022.jpg

020-1.jpg

We also each had one of these

024-1.jpg

My daughter loved to tell me I was going overboard on the shirts, but wasn't about to pick one when I asked her which one she'd rather not have. :rotfl2:

Oh, here are some we had on our trip. Shadowryter is the DISigner. I found the “mom” ones in her files and just did the request for the ones with my daughter’s name.

022.jpg

020-1.jpg

We also each had one of these

024-1.jpg

My daughter loved to tell me I was going overboard on the shirts, but wasn't about to pick one when I asked her which one she'd rather not have. :rotfl2:

Those are great! I am going to have to go check out those files. DD is only 4 so she'll wear whatever I give her... lol. Her favorite color is pink so I was thinking of doing ALL pink the whole trip but I'm not sure I can handle that. I need to get going on this stuff... tomorrow is 75 days!!!

I just happend to find your trip report while googling something, I can't even recall what now, but here I am :) I have loved reading it!!

When I just read the last post about shirts I remembered seeing something on the DISign board that has Mickey heads, with crowns on, that say, "I'm the mommy (above head) feel free to treat me like the queen(below head)" and the other says "I'm the daughter (above head)feel free to treat me like a princess(below head)" you could write Mother <3 Daughter trip and the dates, I'm sure if you asked about it over there they could point you in the right direction :)

I LOVE the idea of wearing all pink while you are there, you could totally pull it off, not sure how many days you are going but there are so many shades of pink you wouldn't have to be in the same color all the time :)

Also how did you do your orange shirts? I was guessing maybe freezer paper cut out and bleach? they look so cool! I think I could even get my teen and tween boys to wear those!!

First off, your children are absolutely adorable!! They are so photogenic! :goodvibes:

Love the shirts!! They are awesome! I am not at all artsy or crafty, but I wish I were as that would be a blast to do for our September trip!

Your poor DH! I know some really picky eaters, but they do have a more varied palette than your DH does. I am happy to see that your children eat a lot of things their Daddy wont! My grandson used to eat everything. Then if his father said he didn't like something, my grandson wont eat it.

Love your movie night dinners!! What a fantastic way to help time pass and enjoy Disney magic!! You need to talk to whoever is in charge of planning the kids menus at WDW!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more!!

Oh yes, I forgot! A really fun thing to do with your daughter would be the Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian!! They actually have childrens choices, so the two of you could have a wonderful 'tea party'.

It is so beautiful and the tea is really a meal, depending upon which one you order. I thought the price was fairly reasonable, for the quality of the food and the fact that it is Disney!!

I just found your TR and I am thoughly enjoying it. Both of my kids are picky eaters, so I know how you feel. I survived a MIL/FIL trip years ago. They haven't been asked back. However, my Mom goes with us everytime and she doesn't bother me. My DH may say otherwise. I do have to admit that I laughed out loud when I read about your MIL at EPCOT getting hit in the face with the water jets.

I just happend to find your trip report while googling something, I can't even recall what now, but here I am :) I have loved reading it!!

When I just read the last post about shirts I remembered seeing something on the DISign board that has Mickey heads, with crowns on, that say, "I'm the mommy (above head) feel free to treat me like the queen(below head)" and the other says "I'm the daughter (above head)feel free to treat me like a princess(below head)" you could write Mother <3 Daughter trip and the dates, I'm sure if you asked about it over there they could point you in the right direction :)

I LOVE the idea of wearing all pink while you are there, you could totally pull it off, not sure how many days you are going but there are so many shades of pink you wouldn't have to be in the same color all the time :)

Also how did you do your orange shirts? I was guessing maybe freezer paper cut out and bleach? they look so cool! I think I could even get my teen and tween boys to wear those!!

Oooo, thank you for the ideas! I love the queen/princess sayings. I'm still trying to come up with something. I have outfits picked out for almost everyday but I could switch some things up here and there. The orange shirts I actually just cut out cardstock. It didn't work the best. Next time I would cut cardboard so it's more sturdy. The cardstock tended to curl up when I sprayed them with bleach and I got some spots in the Mickey head area.

I made her a Lilo dress (my son is going to be Stitch for Halloween so she needed it anyways). I might have her wear it on our Animal Kingdom day... it is just so darn cute on her!

First off, your children are absolutely adorable!! They are so photogenic! :goodvibes:

Love the shirts!! They are awesome! I am not at all artsy or crafty, but I wish I were as that would be a blast to do for our September trip!

Your poor DH! I know some really picky eaters, but they do have a more varied palette than your DH does. I am happy to see that your children eat a lot of things their Daddy wont! My grandson used to eat everything. Then if his father said he didn't like something, my grandson wont eat it.

Love your movie night dinners!! What a fantastic way to help time pass and enjoy Disney magic!! You need to talk to whoever is in charge of planning the kids menus at WDW!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more!!

Thank you!!! I know, poor DH... ugh, it drives me crazy! My kids do really love pizza but they will eat many other things as well. They know daddy is odd. lol..

That would be GREAT if Disney could change up the menus a bit! They could at least change the names of the things on the buffets to make it more fun :)

Just saw your other post too about the tea! I did actually book it but then I realized to upgrade to deluxe dining it would cost what the tea party costed so I just canceled :( I'm hoping I can do that with her on a future trip though since it looks so special. I'm not sure she would really enjoy it being so young.

I just found your TR and I am thoughly enjoying it. Both of my kids are picky eaters, so I know how you feel. I survived a MIL/FIL trip years ago. They haven't been asked back. However, my Mom goes with us everytime and she doesn't bother me. My DH may say otherwise. I do have to admit that I laughed out loud when I read about your MIL at EPCOT getting hit in the face with the water jets.

LOL! I think I would ask her back... just for the fact that she was a trooper through it all, never once complained and even paid for some of the meals (and lots of toys for the kids!)

We got on the monorail and it was a bit crowded. DH & DS sat on the opposite side of the rest of us. We stopped at Grand Floridian and I whispered to MIL that we were not getting off at MK. She nodded as if she was in on the secret.. lol. The monorail proceeded to MK and the doors opened. DH stood up and everyone else got off. He looked at me and I could see he was beginning to get confused. We weren't getting up. He asked "Aren't we getting off here?" I finally got to tell him!!! "We're going PARASAILING!!!!!" He just looked at me and said "What?!" and sat down. lol... nice.

So yes, the secret was out. I had booked parasailing for the both of us. It was originally for 9am but they had called me the day before to reschedule for 10am which was okay. It gave us plenty of extra time. We got to check out the Contemporary a bit which was cool. DH was nervous. He said he was glad that he didn't know about it ahead of time so he didn't have time to think about it. I knew exactly what he meant! I had been "thinking about it" for months! :sick:

We went outside and took some pics.

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Then we spent the rest of the time waiting inside the lobby. The kids got to watch tv and bounce around on their cushiony seats.

DSC_0130-4.jpg

Finally it was time! We headed outside to sign our life away on their waivers.

DSC_0135-1.jpg

We went in a boat with 2 guys from Sammy Duvall's and then there was also another single younger guy and an older couple. We waved goodbye to the kids and started getting instructions as we took off.

I am not one for boats. I am deathly afraid of water and flying (not sure which one is worst)... yeah, what a great idea to book this! Everyone else went before us. The single guy was up first. Then the older gentleman went. He was around 70 years old. He had some great stories while we were watching the younger guy go. He talked Disney up like none other. When he got done, they had to set up the tandem parasail.

We got in and everything went so smoothly. I brought my video camera up with us and recorded the whole thing. DH gave his phone to the younger guy in the boat and told him to take pics. He took a TON!

2012-05-09_10-23-19_562.jpg

2012-05-09_10-34-41_467.jpg

100_0017.jpg

100_0009.jpg

DSC_0204-2.jpg

2012-05-09_10-34-58_79.jpg

2012-05-09_10-35-12_250.jpg

2012-05-09_10-35-20_298.jpg

I felt great till the very end, then I started to feel a little woozy. I think it was all of the water being underneath me. It is unbelievably quiet when you're up 450 feet in the air! The view was amazing. We could see for miles. I'm glad we did it. I wouldn't probably ever do it again but it was a neat experience and DH really loved it as well.

DSC_0227-1.jpg

Next Up... Time for MK!

Just started reading along, but oh my gosh, I LOVE your Disney night menu ideas!!!!! How creative!!!!

Wow, what a memory!

I love the picture of your two kids with you guys parasailing in the background. :goodvibes

NOW we were going to MK and we had plenty in store for the rest of the day.

DSC_0232-1.jpg

DD took a little cat nap as we walked down Main Street. MIL informed me that while we were parasailing, DD had to go potty. She apparently was too late getting her to the bathroom and she went a bit in her underwear. MIL took the underwear and rinsed them out then tried to dry them... :sad2: so DD was literally going commando in MK. We had to make sure she kept her dress down till her panties dried! Ugh.

DSC_0238-1.jpg

The Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade was going on and I really wish we had stopped to watch it. This was our last chance to catch it :(

DSC_0240-1.jpg

DH spotted his dream girl. He even went out of his way to take a picture with his cell phone... aye aye aye! :sad2:

DSC_0253-3.jpg

I had one thing on my mind. It was finally that time.

DSC_0247-1.jpg

DSC_0250-1.jpg

Dole Whip time that is! Yum!!! As DS would say, we mowed that down!

Next up: Yo ho ho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter