Mother In Law's Tongue - May 4-12 COMPLETE with VIDEOS & Puppy Update!!!

budafam

DIS Veteran
Welcome one and all to the big TR (trip report!) I am EXCITED about this one! I'm going to try to take my time to remember every last little detail so bare with me. I always run into issues using Photobucket so if anyone could point me in the direction of a photo hosting site that will not make all my pictures look the same or limit my bandwith that would be FANTASTIC!

So join in!!! Laugh, cry, scream... whatever! I will do my best to reply.

Table of Contents
Introductions
Countdown & Movie Nights
Presents

Day #1
One Hour of Sleep - Here We Go!!!
Did We Stretch Her Enough???
The Sword, The Stone & Lucy
Surprise! No Cement for Our Butts! Part 1
Surprise! No Cement for Our Butts! Part 2

Day #2
I Run & You Stop For Daisy?
Someone Should Tell MIL Curiousity Killed the Cat
Category 5
Shopping, Bowling, Racing, Pin Trading, Oh My!
So You're Telling Me We Have NOWHERE To Sleep Tonight?

Day #3
Front of the Line
OMG - Where did this kid get a $200 Photopass Plus card?'Ohana Means Family; Family Means Embarrassment

Day #4
Lucy & Jake Sitting in a Tree...
"We'll Give You $100 For Your Spot In Jedi Training!"
Don't Worry, We're Not Going on Tower of Terror... Okay, We Lied.
Another Meal Ruined
I Volunteer!!! Rain, Rain Go Away.

Day #5
Don't Turn Around!
OMG, FRONT ROW!??!
Animals, Bugs & Dinos... Oh My!!!
Boney Butts
I Dream of Seafood Gumbo

Day #6
Aloha
SURPRISE!!!!! We're going PARASAILING!!!
Time for MK!
Intermission/Lunch Time
Princess Time
Seeing Double
Bad News...
Cinderella's Dress = Kleenex

Day #7
Universal Day
Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Jurassic Park & Superheroes
Christmas & City Walk
Universal Characters
Homer, Beetlejuice & Shrek
Goodbye Universal & Hello Cape May Cafe

Day #8 (last day)
Why are you all dressed up as butter?
Does spaghetti give you the bubbles?
My MIL Should Give Tours
Pics & Club Cool
You can't go to Mexico, we're PAST Mexico.. we're in NORWAY!
Pick a Pearl Brawl
Finishing the Walk & We're Out!
Fort Wilderness
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46253618&postcount=143

BONUS!!!
Puppy Update & VIDEOS!!!

Introductions

First off, a little background on our "Disney" past. Our family (consisting of us four), visited WDW for the first time last May. We drove down and spent 6 nights in the world. It was a fantastic time & had me instantly hooked.

In September we went ahead and booked our week at Bonnet Creek for May 2012. We talked MIL into coming along with us. We planned to drive in order to save money. It was going to be MIL's first time at WDW! We booked at Bonnet Creek because of the extra room and the fact that we would have 5 people instead of the Disney standard (which seems to be 4). Yes, there are options for 5 people but the cost would've been outrageous! We paid $693 TOTAL for a 2 bedroom deluxe condo at Bonnet Creek and it was worth much more than that IMO.

Later that year in October, DH agreed to let me book a surprise trip just for me & my DS who was 5 at the time. I booked for Halloween and we surprised him at 3am the morning of that he was going to go on his first airplane ride. We had free dining, attended MNSSHP & got to see my all time favorite band, Hanson at Epcot's Eat to the Beat concert series. It was an AMAZING time that I will never forget. Neither will DS!

I ended up getting the glorious Southwest Visa card deal with the free 50,000 points so at Christmas, we surprised MIL with the news that we were going to fly instead of drive. She has never been on an airplane!

Sooo... that brings us to the trip. It seemed to take forever to get here but I planned a lot of Disney movie nights to make time go by quicker. I made shirts and booked many ADR's plus a few extra surprises.

We are also from Wisconsin... if that matters to anyone :)

Here are our intro's:

DSC_1098.jpg

Kristy (me), age 28
Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Movie: Alice in Wonderland
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite WDW Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania
Least Favorite WDW Ride: Teacups
Favorite Disney Show: Fantasmic
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Boma's Dinner
Favorite Food: Any type of seafood... if it comes out of the water, I'll eat it!
Favorite Color: Pink
Number of Trips: This will be my 3rd in ONE year!
More info:
I'm a stay at home mom to my 2 kids. I babysit kids part time in my home & secret shop to earn extra money. I love to go to garage sales and sell online as well. I coupon a lot and always find great deals. I also like to scrapbook, cook, spend time with my puppies, garden & decorate cakes. A lot of people think I am super mom... I like to do a lot with my kids and I want them to experience as much as they can while they're still young. Some of my most favorite memories are from when I was young. My mom recently passed away almost 3 years ago and I try to be half of the person she was. I miss her terribly but I think Disney has helped me cope with the loss. I feel like she's with me when I'm watching Wishes. She would've loved to see that.

DSC_0200.jpg

Nick (DH), age 29
Favorite Disney Character: Aladdin
Favorite Disney Movie: Aladdin
Favorite Disney Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite WDW Ride: Soarin'
Least Favorite WDW Ride: Country Bears
Favorite Disney Show in the parks: Fantasmic
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Pinnochio's Village Haus
Favorite Food: Cheese pizza... he literally eats at least one whole frozen cheese pizza per day. No lie. I'll get into that in a bit. I know, it's mind blowing.
Favorite Color: Red
Number of Trips: This will be his second within one year.
More Info:
Nick works at a mobility company that makes vehicles handicapped accessible and easier to drive for those with disabilities. He has been working there for close to 10 years now and absolutely LOVES his job. Nick is the kinda guy that can do anything. You give him a challenge and he will rise to it and kick it's butt! Nick's hobbies include remodeling & cars. He loves to work on our house (his latest accomplishment was remodeling our entire basement) and loves to go fast!!! He is an amazing dad & wonderful husband. He loves to spend time with his kids and does a lot more with them than most dads I know. I've been married to him for almost 7 years now (together for 10). Nick grew up with a rough childhood. He never lived in one place for more than a year and changed schools more than he can remember. He never went on a vacation until he met me and never really had anything that he could call his own. It's amazing to see the man he has become and I'm so glad he's mine!
Now onto the weirdness. He's a picky eater. Now when most people say "picky", you think no mushrooms or no onions. No. No meat, no fruit, no veggies. A list of foods he will eat: cheese pizza, mozzarella sticks, french fries, french toast, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, cool ranch doritos, yellow cake (no frosting), vanilla ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches, mac & cheese... a few select candies, certain cereals (most that require sugar or he dumps about 10 tablespoons on top of it) & a steady stream of Mountain Dew. I think he would bleed Mountain Dew to be honest. I know, not healthy. You don't need to tell me that twice! I have tried everything to change his ways but he is one stubborn grown man. He has eaten this way since was 3 years old and literally cannot handle the textures. I've tried bribing, begging, threatening, etc. Nothing works. I blame his mother 100%. She wants to get him hypnotized... maybe someday but he has to be willing to do that first. He's healthy as can be (believe it or not)... strongest man I've ever met as well. He has always been skinnier than me but pure muscle. I wish I could go on that diet! If I did though, I would end up over 500 lbs. with major health issues... ugh, so frustrating!
So whenever we go on a trip, he gets really nervous about what he's going to eat. Our first trip at WDW was a bit stressful since we were still learning. Now we know and we are prepared.

DSC_0047.jpg

Dominic (DS), age 5
Favorite Disney Character: Buzz Lightyear
Favorite Disney Movie: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite WDW Ride: Haunted Mansion
Least Favorite WDW Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Show in the parks: Indiana Jones
Favorite WDW Restaurant: T-Rex
Favorite Food: strawberries
Favorite Color: orange
Number of Trips: This will be his 3rd in one year.
More Info:
Dominic was in kindergarten and this was the second trip we took him out of school for (his poor teacher had never been to WDW but she was so excited for him to go twice!) He is the coolest little kid. Always doing something creative. He's hilarious & full of energy. He has grown out of using a stroller (thank goodness) and can go from rope drop till fireworks with no problem. He loves scary movies! He's into dinosaurs, cars, riding his bike, watching movies, making up games & playing with his sister.

DSC_0399.jpg

Lucy (DD), age 3
Favorite Disney Character: Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Disney Movie: Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Disney Park: She says Disney World... lol
Favorite WDW Ride: It's a Small World
Least Favorite WDW Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Disney Show in the parks: Finding Nemo the Musical
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Hollywood & Vine
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Color: pink
Number of Trips: This will be her second trip within one year.
More Info:
Lucy stays at home with me during the day and helps entertain the kids that I babysit. She is super shy and very quiet but LOOOVES everything to do with princesses. She has an almost complete collection of princess dresses (I've purchased most of them at garage sales for as low as $1 each!) and she loves to watch movies just like her brother. Everywhere I take her, someone always comments on how adorable she is. I'm not exaggerating. She is a hard one to say no to and usually doesn't hear that word enough.

DSC_0565.jpg

Rose (MIL), age 50
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey
Favorite Disney Movie: Fantasia
Favorite Disney Park: Epcot
Favorite WDW Ride: Soarin'
Least Favorite WDW Ride: Stitch's Great Escape
Favorite Disney Show in the parks: Finding Nemo the Musical
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Boma
Favorite Food: Seafood
Favorite Color: Yellow
Number of Trips: This is her FIRST TIME!!!
More Info:
Rose works full time as a postal carrier. When she's not working that job, she is at home tending to her acre and a half garden. She has a small produce stand in the summertime. She lives close to 2 hours away from us so we don't see her as much as we would like and she's usually very busy in the summer with the garden stuff. They recently began raising tilapia about a year and a half ago. There still hasn't been a single tilapia harvested from their tanks but her husband keeps on buying more tanks... she loves seafood and likes to try different things. She has been married twice. The first marriage was where she got 2 boys from (one of them being my husband). They divorced and she remarried the man she is with now but they keep moving farther and farther away :( Rose has almost every single Disney movie ever made but has never been to Disney World and never been on an airplane. She rarely ever gets a vacation and I am so glad to be planning this for her and making sure she has the time of her life!
A little personal note on my MIL: She is a wonderful person and I love her very much. It may not seem like it throughout this trip report but I knew what I was getting myself into going on a trip with her. She likes to have a few drinks often. Usually nightly. When she drinks, she gets talkative... a bit too much sometimes. There are quirks about her that neither DH or I really understand :confused3 but we promised each other we would try our hardest to put up with it all during this trip. Will we succeed? You'll just have to keep reading to find out :)

Soooo, let's do the 5 W's right away and get this party started!

Who: Our Fab Five - Kristy (Me), Nick (DH), Dominic (DS), Lucy (DD) & Rose (MIL)
When: May 4th-12th
What: Disney World & Universal
Where: Staying at a Red Roof Inn for the 1st night (roughing it) then off to Bonnet Creek for the following 7 nights!
Why: Because I can't get enough & everyone else secretly loves it as well! Grandma's 1st time!!!

Let the magic begin! :banana:

I made a countdown that started at 80 days. Each day we took off a Mickey head (yeah, I cut them all out by hand, ugh...) and there was a sticker or a picture of Disney behind it.

DSC_0169.jpg

In order to pass the time a little more quickly, we also had movie nights. Here are some pics...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

Pixie Hollow (where they got makeovers):
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Harry Potter Night... butterbeer & magic wands:

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

I love movie nights. I think I enjoy them more than the kids do. DH rarely participates since he will not eat most of the things we get (although Toy Story was popular with him since we had pizza & mac and cheese). We had all of the movies written down on pieces of paper and they were inside our Disney popcorn bucket so we would pick a new one each week.

I love the themed movie nights! What a great idea, very creative! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more.

As if Disney isn't enough of a present.... I tend to load up on Disney toys throughout the year. Whenever I see clearanced toys, I pick them up and put them away for our trips. I wrap them up and magically they appear in the mornings or after we get back from the parks each day. The kids love them and don't bother me as much in the gift shops for new toys. (They sure suckered grandma into enough on this trip though!) Here's what I all had brought along (minus the snowglobe and Toy Story set... wasn't about to fight the airlines on that).

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

Our flight was scheduled to take off from Chicago Midway Airport at 7:45am. Sooo lucky us got to wake up at 1:45am that morning. I was so worried about not getting any sleep, I woke up at 3am the day before to make sure I was plenty tired the next night. Of course we got all sorts of company the night before we left and I didn't get to bed till about 7:30pm. However, I did not fall asleep until midnight. Our house was super stuffy and warm... we just had central air installed but it wasn't working right quite yet so I eventually ended up on our living room couch where I slept for the 60 minutes. Basically I was about to leave for Disney after only getting an hour sleep in the last 24 hours and I only had to last another 24 hours. NO PROBLEM!!!

MIL had been dropped off by her hubby the day before and the van was packed.

DSC_0006.jpg

The kids woke up with NO problems whatsoever... since I had been up at 1am, I went ahead and made cinnamon rolls. The kids found their first surprises... DS got a coloring book from DVC and DD got her first pair of Minnie ears (we all had ours already).

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

We left at 2:15am on the dot and started our 3 hour drive to Chicago. I had a coupon for parking so we needed to find a certain parking lot... of course we couldn't find it and we ended up parking somewhere where it costed $5 extra a day to park. 8 days added up to an extra $40.. our first budget buster.

We parked the van and barely looked at where we were parked (big mistake)... we got on the bus that took us to the terminal. We had a ton of luggage plus a stroller and it was a PITA! But who cares! We were on our way to Disney. We all had our matching tie dye shirts on and even the bus driver commented "I know where you're going... make sure to ride Soarin'!" Don't worry buddy, we will!

We finally got our luggage checked and it was smooth sailing from there. Here's grandma and the kids waiting to board:

DSC_0009-1.jpg

The flight went smooth. I am not a flyer but for Disney, I'll do anything. I sat with the 2 kids and let MIL & DH get a few minutes of shut eye (even though they were beating me for most sleep time in the past 24 hours). I wasn't worried about myself. Going to Disney is such a rush, there's no way I would be crabby but DH & MIL are another thing. Our pilot ROCKED and got us there 20 minutes EARLY! Yay pilot! We landed at 11am and got our rental van by 12:30pm.

DSC_0014.jpg

I made the accident of sending DH & MIL to get the rental. I had booked it with a few coupon codes and the people behind the desk talked MIL into a few "extras" which ended up costing an extra $200! She said she would cover it (thank goodness because I did not budget that). We fell in love with the van though. Stow & go, automatic doors, windows that roll down in the middle & GPS... heavenly.

DSC_0015.jpg

We had a few issues finding our way out of MCO. Did a few laps around the parking garage but finally we were on our way. I did not take a picture of the famous sign this time. Instead I took video. We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 1:00pm. I apologize for the lack of pictures during this time... I was just so excited to get IN the park, I completely forgot to snap a few! We parked with our Diamond parking pass and took a tram to the monorail. It was the first time we had ever taken a tram. We all boarded and they started pulling away when MIL screamed that we had left one of the van doors wide open!!! DH quickly pulled out the keys and pushed the button as we were zooming away. He was 98% sure that he got it so we took the chance and kept on once we got to the monorail. What's the worst that could've happened... all of our luggage gets stolen? lol... MK is more important!

The Avengers monorail pulled up and I was so excited! We arrived at MK and MIL was already complaining of the heat. Oy!

We got into the park and I headed straight over to upgrade to Photopass Plus. The kids were approached to do their first pin trade (exciting!) They loved it already... I knew we were in trouble.

We finished up there and left to make our way to get our first viewing of the castle. I pulled out my video camera to get MIL's reaction to seeing the castle. We slowly make our way onto Main Street and what is she doing? BUYING a $17.95 fan/spray bottle!!! She didn't even look at the castle... she was so interested in this overpriced giant fan/bottle that we now had to lug around the entire trip. YIPPEE!!! So yeah, the video is not even worth posting because I was like "SERIOUSLY!?" Even DH was a little peeved she didn't make a big deal. lol...

We stopped for our first Photopass Plus session:

Photo0002FourBySix.jpg

Photo0008FourBySix.jpg

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

We got down Main Street past the gaudy bakery sticking out into the street (ugh!) and MIL made her second purchase... a pink Mickey visor from a cart. Of course the kids had to pin trade with her as well. Okay, that's enough! Time for a ride!!!

We headed straight for Splash Mountain to grab FP's and measure DD. We have been measuring her at home and with shoes on she barely reached 40". I was so worried she wouldn't be big enough. I even bought shoes with bigger soles so that she would be a little taller. She hit that bar with NO problem whatsoever! AHHHH!!! YAY!!! I was so excited! We picked up our first FP's of the trip and our return time was for 2:40pm-3:40pm which would be perfect since we had an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 2:45pm but we ended up going in earlier.

We made our way to Haunted Mansion (DS's favorite and always our first ride of the trip).

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

We took the following pic for DH's brother, Dave:
DSC_0028.jpg

DS rode with grandma & DD rode with DH & I. DD was a little more scared this time around but she did great. We got done and decided to head back towards Liberty Tree Tavern. It was just after 2pm. They had no problem taking us in early. We were starving and I was so excited about this ADR. DS and I had been there on our last trip and I knew there was something DH would eat on the menu. I also am in love with their pot roast.

DD was tired and crabby. She basically laid down on the bench seat during the entire meal but oddly enough woke up for dessert. MIL's first comment about the place was how ugly the waitress outfits were. Really?!? I'm not sure she understood that they were dressed like the time period ???

Once the menus came around DH & MIL kept flipping them over asking if this was IT?! Yeah, that's it... we're not at Perkins guys... come on! Finally they settled on choices, we got our food, absolutely loved it and finished up just as we heard the big parade coming through.

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DH's choice (mac & cheese with mozz. sticks):
DSC_0041.jpg

The kids' dessert:
DSC_0044.jpg

DH stayed to pay the bill so we could all go out on the porch and watch the parade.

(If you're interested in reading about the food in MORE detail - really who wouldn't be??? :) I did do a dining report which is complete and finished up over HERE... you can also find it in my siggy. I won't get into much detail in the trip report but I will skim through each meal)

We started making our way to Splash Mountain since it was time to use our FP's. This was the crowd view at that time:
DSC_0045.jpg

SCARY!!! Mind you, the parade just finished so everyone was a bit smashed into a small space.

We reached the ride and DS was already starting to panic. He has been on Splash Mountain before but he is NOT a fan of big drops. We all wanted to ride together on this one so we conned him into riding. We got to the loading dock and they put me, DD & MIL in Row 1! DD's first 40" ride and she was going to be front row... oh my!

Everytime we went down a small hill on the ride, DS freaked. DD was doing just fine. I had bought a cheap $40 waterproof digital video camera off the internet before we left for our trip so I was testing it out for the first time on this ride. I got the great moment right after we went down the hill on video and it is hilarious! Mid-hill MIL's brand new pink Disney visor flew off of her head. Luckily, DH was sitting right behind her and CAUGHT it! Seriously, what are the odds!? You can see the hat flying off of her head in the pictures.

Photo0017FourBySix.jpg

Yay for Photopass Plus... we would be getting all of the ride pics :)

After we were done with that ride, it was DD's turn to choose. What else does a little girl pick? It's a Small World of course!

DSC_0052.jpg

Someone was happy to be here!

DSC_0055.jpg

This was by FAR, the longest line I have ever sat in for IASW. Unreal.

DSC_0058.jpg

MIL contributed to the massive amounts of coin in that water...

DSC_0059.jpg

DH spotted something that you don't see in WDW very often... DUST!

DSC_0062.jpg

It was a wonderful ride as always. Afterwards we made our way over to Philharmagic. MIL has never seen a 3D show and I knew she would love this.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

She did :) It was a nice break from the heat as well. Temps were around 90 at the time. And we were just getting started...

After Philharmagic we decided to make our way over to Tomorrowland. Everytime we pass the Sword in the Stone, the kids MUST give it a try. We've never seen anyone pull it out so I made nothing of it when they wanted to go try. DS tried first and had no luck. They always want to give it that last tug to make sure... by this time there were others lining up to try. DD got up there and started tugging and it began to lift. I couldn't believe my eyes! I quick got the camera out and snapped a few and then started to record. I started shaking and screaming all at the same time. I think I was more excited than she was. She didn't know what to do. Daddy went up and helped her stand up to hold it (and of course she holds it by the blade, not the handle)... lol... it was such an amazing moment. Of course, DS was a little sour about it. He swears he loosened it up for her. Haha.

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

After that amazing magical moment, we headed over to Tomorrowland. We found a seat and took a rest for a bit. We had to make a game plan as to what we were going to do.

DSC_0084.jpg

We knew we wanted to do the People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor & Stitch's Great Escape. Space Mountain FP return times were too late so we said we would skip that and do it another day. We walked over to Buzz to grab FP's and the wait time was only 10 minutes so we got in line. DH rode alone (probably why he won... he had no distractions.. lol)

Photo0020FourBySix.jpg

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

Photo0022FourBySix.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

After that we did Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor which was a hoot. We love this show but why does the preshow have to take FOREVER!!! There were some EXTREMELY annoying teenage girls near us in line that kept repeating what Roz was saying... ugh.

Then we did the People Mover which was a nice break. Always is.

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

We saw Carousel of Progress was about to start so we quick went on that. DS and I did it on our last trip and loved it. DH thought it was neat even though I thought it would bore him to death. There were 4 little kids seated up front and their parents were sitting way in the back. Of course the kids decided to jump up in the middle of the show and start running around. They made a big announcement with the bullhorn that's waaaay out of tune (squeals like a pig!) and the little brats finallly sat down. What were the parents thinking to let them sit by themselves??? Ugh.

After that we headed over to Stitch's Great Escape. This was another one that only DS & I have been on. DS loved it. I wasn't too worried about DD but she did pretty good. The dark part was a bit scary but not too bad. I'm not a huge fan of the ride but I do think it's kinda neat.

I had to use the potty so I ran quick while everyone took a break in front of Stitch... speaking of breaks, I think I'm going to take one. Right. Here. :)

So I'm leaving off where I went to take a potty break. I returned to Stitch afterwards to find everyone CRANKY & ready to leave. Really!? Already!? It was only 6:30pm and they wanted to call it a night. I was trying to keep it a secret until a bit later but I had to bust out the big news that we were going to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party for Wishes TONIGHT! Oh did their moods change! I'm sure everyone was still tired but they were at least excited that we didn't have to sit our butts on that cement for 2 hours in order to get a spot. Yay!!!

We made our way over to check out the Main Street madness and stopped for a few Photopass pics on the way...

Photo0029FourBySix.jpg

Photo0034FourBySix.jpg

Photo0040FourBySix.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

We decided to check out some shops for awhile.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Gotta love that bakery sticking out like a sore thumb!

DSC_0099.jpg

It was finally time to line up! Hallelujah! :yay: I booked the dessert party as a surprise to everyone (obviously). I lucked out and tried to make an ADR one day and I believe I was one of the very first ones to get through. We arrived in line around 8:15. We were a bit early but the CM's came out and said they would be opening up around 8:45 so it wasn't too bad. We sat in line and I took some pics.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

There was a family behind us from Kentucky that we were talking to for awhile. A lot of people came up to us and asked what the line was for and if they could get into the party.. sorry, no chance. 8:45 rolled around and nothing. Finally at 9pm they started letting us in. They asked for our name and then everyone in the group got purple wristbands. We were led to our table which was right up against the railing!!! Yay!!! It was right under Tinkerbell's line so we were all really hoping that she would fly. On our first trip, she didn't fly during Wishes because it was too windy. DD really wanted to see Tinkerbell and this would be the most perfect view we could ever ask for.

DSC_0120.jpg

We made our way over to the buffet which was quite the walk from our table but hey, I'm not complaining. The desserts were AMAZING. There was so much to choose from. I told DH to take pics and he took TWO. Yeah, TWO. Thanks.

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

We made our way back to the table and started to induldge. It was heaven.

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

The kids were LOVING it. All you can eat... SUGAR... before bedtime! YEAH!

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0128-1.jpg

DS & I voted the mango shooter to be our favorite dessert. I could've ate this by the pail full. MIL hated it and made a funny face when she tried it. Eh...

DSC_0138.jpg

To Be Continued...

Of course, picky DH didn't find much to be appetizing. :confused3 He tried the vanilla ice cream but refused to eat it once he saw the black specks in it (which just so happens to be real vanilla). They had rice krispie bars which he will eat but they had chocolate drizzled on the top of them so that was a no go. Ugh.

DSC_0131.jpg

That was totally worth $21.99. Anyways, here are a few pics of our view:

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0155-1.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

There was a family a few tables away from us with a child that had to be just over a year old and he would NOT stop crying. They sat there for almost an hour with the kids just SCREAMING. A CM even went over to try to console the child because obviously the parents weren't fixing the problem. If my kid did that, I would've at least got up and took them somewhere else to not ruin everyone else's experience.

Waiting for Wishes...

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

We got our Photopass picture taken...

Photo0045FourBySix.jpg

and finally...

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

The fireworks were amazing. Tinkerbell did fly and went right over us. :banana: I recorded it instead of taking a picture. Afterwards we headed into the masses and waited about 25 minutes for a monorail that we could actually fit on with the stroller. One good thing about sitting waiting for the monorail, we got to see the water parade for the first time through the brush... very cool :) Here was DD by the end of the night:

DSC_0168-1.jpg

The van doors WERE shut so it did work... yay! We headed to the Red Roof Inn for the night. We actually didn't have much of a problem finding it. I had a free night certificate that I had won back at home so for our first night, everyone was so tired anyways, it really didn't matter.

However, DH was starving so we did stop at a gas station on our way to the motel where MIL bought him a whole cheese pizza. He literally took one bite of it and refused to eat anymore. :confused3 He didn't like the taste of it. THIS is how picky my husband truely is. He went without eating till the following day. :rolleyes1

Loved your dining reviews and love this trip report!! Your children are adorable and you are such a creative, fun mom! How lucky they are!! Can't wait to read more! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter