Mother/Daughter DxDP 150 FOOD Pictures!!! 10/2-10/10 *COMPLETED TODAY 12/27*

We had a late breakfast at Akershus on our last full day. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our ADR time and they would not seat us. We were told to come back 15 minutes before our time. We did just that and we were taken in to get our pics taken with Belle. This was our first time eating here and I was excited about the cold buffet. We were seated in one of the little nooks off to the side. Here is the food:
116_zpsb57b7c22.jpg

DD's plate:
117_zps48c0f096.jpg

She loved it and tried all of the cheeses. I really enjoyed the fish. Then they brought the hot plate to our table. Yum!
118_zpscda2b46d.jpg

The princesses came around and DD was in heaven. They did the parade around the restaurant and then our waitress brought DD this cupcake for her birthday:
119_zpsda82a19e.jpg

It was nice but I'm not sure I would go back. I enjoy CRT for the princesses more. Norway just doesn't seem like a good fit for princess dining :confused3 The food was good and there was lots of it.

It was time to do some more... EATING! lol... we began by visiting the cheese booth. I originally wanted to try the cheese fondue but after our big meal at Akershus, I had no room. DD was willing to give the trio of artisan cheese selection a try so we ordered that and had a seat.
120_zps924fd130.jpg

121_zpsa3ca5917.jpg

They took her by surprise but she did try all of them. I ended up eating most of it and throwing the rest away.
Our next stop was Germany.
122_zpsd5c434b8.jpg

I ordered the bratwurst. I was interested to see how this stood up to good ole Wisconsin brats. The lady behind the counter got a dumb look on her face and asked if Wisconsin was famous for brats or something? Umm, yes.
123_zps6251cfe9.jpg

I must say I would rather have a Wisconsin brat any day. This was awful. It wasn't even warm. The pretzel roll was just plain. Too filling to finish it all.
Next was the Poland stand. We got the potato & kielbasa pierogie.
124_zps17f12a2b.jpg

It was really nothing special. The flavor was very blah. I was disappointed again. This was the first stand that we stopped at where we had issues with the credits not showing up on our receipt. They said the systems were down for some reason but we were able to still use the credits. They would eventually be taken off our total throughout the day. No worries by me, I was keeping track of them anyways.
Finally it was time for Hops & Barley. A stand that I knew I would not be disappointed in. We got the lobster claw & the lobster roll. YUM! DD did the Kidcot station while I enjoyed my piece of heaven.
125_zpsdba3eabf.jpg

126_zps6bd1f6e4.jpg

127_zps603db48e.jpg

Japan was next. I got the spicy tuna roll. After having that amazing sushi at California Grill, I was hooked. This was good but very spicy. The only seat we could find ended up being in the smoking section (cough, cough)... I downed the roll as fast as I could and we got out of there.
129_zpse2bafc2f.jpg

New Zealand was next and we got the lamb slider with tomato chutney. The lamb was good but the tomato chutney was overpowering. I ended up dumping more than half of it.
130_zpsca6ba1f7.jpg

Next was Ireland.
131_zps5aedb99b.jpg

We got the fisherman's pie and YUM! Delish! It wasn't chocked full of seafood as I had hoped but it was very good comfort food... something like I would make at home. Even though I was SO full already, I somehow managed to finish this off
132_zpse7ed6fcb.jpg

We took a bit of a break and went to see Caption EO for the first time. (Wish I could get those minutes back into my life somehow... ugh!)
We stopped for a smoothie on the way to Captain EO. It was SOOOO good. Very refreshing.
133_zps1540f1f4.jpg

We took a boat ride back across and decided on France for a quick snack before heading out of Epcot for our final dining experience of this trip.
134_zpsc3747726.jpg

I was excited to try the escargots. DD absolutely LOVED them and ate most of it. I thought they were okay. A bit chewier than I would prefer but the bread bowls were so yummy.
135_zps3436ef17.jpg

And that was the end of our Food & Wine booths. We navigated our way over to the International Gateway and took a boat ride over to the Boardwalk.

This was our first time at Flying Fish. We arrived 90 minutes early for our ADR. They checked and we were able to be seated immediately. Yay! Points for Flying Fish because there is no way my daughter would've made it another 90 minutes. We were seated near the entrance at a small table on the wall. DD was given crayons and a menu to keep her occupied. She made up a game where she hid the crayons somewhere on the table. It was all fun and games till she lost one of the crayons :rolleyes2 and then she had a minor meltdown (see, no way she would've last 90 minutes)... we ordered from the lovely menus...
136_zpse02e4a0c.jpg

137_zps7169cd79.jpg

They brought out our bread and butter... very yummy.
138_zps664795cd.jpg

DD could've made a meal of this on itself.
DD's fruit on a skewer came first. It was very yummy and she loved dipping it (not as much as she loved the swords themselves).
139_zps9a3d949a.jpg

I ordered the Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala.
140_zps3eaee88b.jpg

This was excellent. I loved the freshness and how light it was. I would order this again in a heartbeat. Yum!
For an entree, DD got the fish sticks with french fries.
141_zps6bcc9819.jpg

I love the basket they brought the fries in. She really liked this and ate a lot of it.
I ordered the famous duo "potato wrapped red snapper & char crusted angus new york strip steak".
142_zps5e82102d.jpg

The steak was a little chewy but cooked to perfection. I found the snapper to be a little blah. It just did not wow me like I thought it would. I really liked the sauce on the steak and the veggies were super good & tasty.
It was dessert time and I really wanted DD to order the white chocolate puzzle but to our surprise, the waiter brought her out the cauldron dessert. DD really enjoyed this but I am a bit disappointed that she didn't get the puzzle.
143_zps23cfa077.jpg

I got the trio of concession sweets.
144_zps4ce22009.jpg

This was awesome. I would say it was one of the best desserts I had on the trip. DD got a kick out of the hamburger. She normally does not eat burgers but she took a big bite out of this one. I really enjoyed the cherry limeade popsicle... tasted like a margarita. Yum!
All in all, this was a great ADR. I would return here in a second. Our service was good and we really loved the atmosphere.

Thank you so much for that Flying Fish review! I am contemplating going there and would get the same app and entree as you! It looks delicious!

I believe that I'm now caught up! I'm a new 'Ohana fan but that is just from one good experience. Sorry that the meal dragged on far past what was tolerant for a family style meal. I would be a bit annoyed.....

Akershus is a favorite of mine for the food choices - not so much the princesses. I agree that CRT is a better option to see the princesses in their natural habitat - a castle!

I would like to try FF some day... bummer that the steak was a bit chewy.

After Flying Fish we returned to Pop. I knew we had a few snack credits leftover so I wanted to buy some stuff to take home. We checked with the lady at the counter to see how many were left. I figured 3 or 4 maybe. She said 17!!! Remember when I said that the computers were down during the F&W Festival at Epcot that day. Yes, NONE of the snack credits were taken off. I did not know this was what was going to happen! She told us to go ahead and use up those credits so we did! We got all these goodies and a few more that we ate in the room that night...
145_zps86b41f1e.jpg

146_zps9f58e55f.jpg

150_zps6beaedf0.jpg

As it turns out, we did end up getting charged for all of those snacks at F&W. It was not listed on our final bill at the end of our stay but it was on the following month's credit card statement as $50+ in charges for snacks! I emailed Disney and they took care of it :) This is why I love them so much.

The morning that we had to leave, we had about 20 minutes after checking our bags to get some food. We had 4 TS credits left :( I asked if we would be able to get breakfast with them in the food court and they said sure. With 10 minutes to spare, we sat down with this:
147_zps08dbe729.jpg

148_zpsad0ab03c.jpg

149_zps75bc9bb5.jpg

We ate maybe 1/3 of it and we had to go :(

So with that, I end this dining report. It was amazing and I cannot wait to go back again. Now to start on my trip report!!! Thanks everyone for following along!

I loved reading your dining report! It looks like you and your daughter had a great time~ can't wait for the trip report! I was worried that we picked wrong for our trip in June, CRT over Akershus. But your review eased my mind! I have 2 older princesses (13 and 11) who would like to see the real princesses since this will be our first trip to the world!princess:

I loved reading your dining report! It looks like you and your daughter had a great time~ can't wait for the trip report! I was worried that we picked wrong for our trip in June, CRT over Akershus. But your review eased my mind! I have 2 older princesses (13 and 11) who would like to see the real princesses since this will be our first trip to the world!princess:

You will LOVE CRT :) I don't get why it gets horrible reviews... being INSIDE the castle is worth the price alone to me.

Thanks for all the great photos and info...we are going to try CRT for the first time on my birthday, and the flying fish for valentine's day....was thinking of adding Cape May for breakfast...but I love Character's, we also always go to Ohana's for breakfast...thank you so much, hope I get some birthday freebies that week, and we are staying at POR Feb.10-15, for the first time in a royal room, on table service dining plan.

Loved your pictures and reviews. You take great pictures. My oldest daughter is in charge of taking pictures. Your daughter is beautiful. You can see she loved her trip. Thanks.

Thanks for the report and the pics! We enjoyed seeing all this yummy food. :rotfl:

Oh my word!!!! This is the best dining report I've ever read!!! So informative. Your pics really brought it to life. The pics were incredible!!! Thx for all the hard work you put into it!

Thank you for writing such a great dining report. I just wish you could have stayed for long so I'd still have some more of your reviews to read!

What a credit your daughter is to you being so well behaved for your table service meals. She is very pretty too.

Andrea :cool1:

Thank you for writing such a great dining report. I just wish you could have stayed for long so I'd still have some more of your reviews to read!

What a credit your daughter is to you being so well behaved for your table service meals. She is very pretty too.

Andrea :cool1:

Thank you!!! I wish I could've stayed longer as well... lol. I wish I never had to leave. I really enjoyed my mother/daughter and my mother/son only trips... probably the most out of all my trips. I want to do it again with each of them before they turn 10 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter