Mother/Daughter DxDP 150 FOOD Pictures!!! 10/2-10/10 *COMPLETED TODAY 12/27*

your photos are great! What kind of camera do you use? A DSLR?

Your daughter is adorable!!

Last thing- what did the sauce on that filet with sweet potato taste like? That is on my must do list but if the sauce isn't great I might change my mind!

So I get the feeling when your quiet, your really plotting your next escape!!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great reviews! I'm really enjoying them. Your daughter is just adorable. I love special "Mother/Daughter" trips!

Joining along! Great reviews so far and your daughter is beautiful!
Thank you!!!

your photos are great! What kind of camera do you use? A DSLR?

Your daughter is adorable!!

Last thing- what did the sauce on that filet with sweet potato taste like? That is on my must do list but if the sauce isn't great I might change my mind!
Yes, it's a DSLR... a Nikon D5000 and I LOVE that thing. The sauce tasted really tomatoeee.. lol. I just was not a fan.

So I get the feeling when your quiet, your really plotting your next escape!!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Haha... I am TRYING! MetJet is offering buy 1 ticket right now and get 2 roundtrip flights for free but it means I would have to go at least once by April and DH is just not having it. The flights are quite a bit more than I usually end up paying but it comes out to be a deal with the 2 free roundtrips... ugh.

Great reviews! I'm really enjoying them. Your daughter is just adorable. I love special "Mother/Daughter" trips!
Thank you :) I will try to get back into it a bit more this week. So much going on lately :eek:

Getting caught up. Love your reviews! I would love to do a mother-son (I have 3 sons) trip in the near future! :)

We arrived at San Angel Inn at 11:15am. They were not open yet so we checked in (ADR was for 11:30) and took a seat. I love the feel of this pavillion. It's a tad bit dark but very neat and so much to look at. We were probably the 5th ones to be called. I was hoping for a seat overlooking the water but we were at a table next to one of the long tables (still very close to the railing). I was a bit nervous taking DD here since she hates all sorts of Mexican food. We ordered and I got myself a little treat:
42_zpsec2fd16e.jpg

The avocado margarita... yum! I'm not an avocado fan at all but this just intrigued me so much that I had to order it. It was very refreshing and not at all strong. It had more of a melon taste to it than avocado. Yum!
Our appetizers came... I ordered the Coctel de Camarõn - Acapulco style shrimp cocktail served with spicy marinated tomato sauce, fried flour chicharron, avocado and lime.
43_zpsa66f9914.jpg

This was so good! The chicharron tasted like pork rinds and there was plenty of shrimp in the cocktail :)
Our waiter also brought out chips & salsa for us:
44_zps1dfe5d1c.jpg

He said one of the salsas were spicier than the other but I forgot which one and honestly, I thought they both had a good kick to them. I love spicy so this was great.
DD ordered the fruit bowl for her appetizer (sorry for the horrible pic.. darn shadows!):
45_zps3b9eff41.jpg

I even stole a few bites to cool down after eating that salsa.
Our entrees came and I ordered the Arrachera Con Chilaquiles - New York strip steak with chilaquiles (layers of fried corn tortilla, green tomatillo sauce, topped with queso fresco, onion, and sour cream), served with black refried beans.
47_zps71e6edb4.jpg

This did not taste as good as I thought it would. The steak was pretty chewy... I even picked off the avocado beforehand. Rice & beans were okay but it's pretty hard to mess those up. I ate maybe half of it... between trying to finish off that margarita and eating those chips... yikes! I was full!
DD ordered a grilled tilapia with rice & veggies. She actually ate the majority of this (which I could not believe!)
46_zpsaca4d801.jpg

It was time for dessert. DD ordered the Churro with Cajeta.
48_zpsc1ac6078.jpg

YUM! It looked so pretty (and messy!)
DD also got a bowl of ice cream with caramel on it (and a candle) for her birthday.
49_zps1a6bbebd.jpg

Our waiter and a few other hostesses came over to sing to her in spanish. DD did not know what to think. THEN one of the girls came over with a Disney shopping bag and she gave it to DD and said Happy Birthday. Inside was a Duffy bear zipper bag... price tag was still on it! $17.99!!! DD was thrilled and I just could not believe that a CM bought that for her! How sweet!
DSC_0361-1.jpg

For my dessert I ordered the Helado de Dulce de Leche - caramel ice cream. Somehow in the mix of things I forgot to take a picture (it looks like DD's ice cream though) and it tasted DELICIOUS! I loved it.
I would return here simply for the atmosphere, the appetizers, the dessert & the margaritas :) Yum yum!

I think San Angel Inn is the most beautiful restaurant in all of WDW. I would love to eat there. Unfortunately we're not fans of authentic Mexican, Taco Bell is about as adventurous as it gets for us. Oh the shame!

That night we had reservations for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian. Our ADR was for the 8pm show. Now we also had replacement tickets for MNSSHP since it was a washout the night before. We went to the Poly with full intentions of going to the dinner but then after talking with the lady at the front desk, we decided to cancel. The show would not have ended until 10:15 and it would've probably taken us till at least 11pm to get to MK and really, one hour of MNSSHP was not it to me. I'd rather miss the luau.
We arrived at MK around 7:15 and started making the rounds. Close to 10:30, we took a break for a yummy Dole Whip (my favorite!) and a root beer float.
57_zps2407447a.jpg

58_zps71287fd7.jpg

Surprisingly this kept us satisfied the entire night. We hit up almost every candy stop and came home with this:
59_zps9eeab6d7.jpg

Which I handed out for our trick or treating last night!!! lol... I tried explaining to DH how Disney actually SAVES us money on buying candy. He didn't buy it.
So while I was sad that we missed the luau, I'm glad we made the decision to go to MNSSHP again. Now we have 2 extra dining credits each and there was no way we could fit them into our already packed ADR schedule. Such a shame :(

The following morning we had a 7:35 ADR at Cape May. We caught the bus to Hollywood Studios and I told the driver about our ADR. After dropping off at HS, he said he would be able to take us straight there (yay!)
We arrived and checked in. Within 5 minutes our pager went off and we were seated at a booth.
I loved Cape May's breakfast buffet. I had been there once before for dinner and loved that as well. I found the breakfast to have a lot of options.
Here are some food pics:
60_zpscc32f386.jpg

61_zpsd5c7b74b.jpg

62_zps299a4e7e.jpg

The characters were great. Goofy had his own Photopass photographer which I really enjoyed... I was finally able to get a picture at a character meal. Our waitress brought out a cupcake for DD, lit a candle and had everyone sing to her. I was happy with the service and I plan to return for sure!

I was excited to go here. I've heard such awful things but I still had to check it out for myself. I've never had an outright horrible experience at any establishment in Disney so I wondered what could be so bad about Tony's? We decided to try to get in early. Our ADR was for 11:40 but apparently the restaurant opens at 11:30 so we ended up waiting anyways. I didn't mind. It was a lot nicer in the air conditioned indoors rather than outside where it felt like 120 degrees!
There was a group of guys that sang in the "lobby" of the restaurant. They were great. We got called at 11:45 to go to our table. We were seated at the back of the restaurant at a table that had one chair and the other side was the booth. DD wanted to sit next to me so we both sat on the booth side. The table was really high up and DD needed a booster which is odd since she's so tall. The table even seemed abnormally high to me.
I ordered the Zucchini Fries - Breaded seasoned Zucchini with Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Dressing for dipping.
65_zps06ba3cf9.jpg

These were AWESOME! The dipping sauce was fantastic and I could've eaten about 3x the amount the gave me. Yum!
DD got apples for her appetizer:
66_zpsa57fb701.jpg

For my entree I got the Shrimp Scampi - Linguini with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic Sauce.
68_zps534e26af.jpg

The shrimp were good and there were plenty but I wasn't a big fan of the tomatoes & asparagus. This just didn't wow me... but it was good.
DD got a cheese pizza for her entree. She loved it.
67_zps8364ef33.jpg

For dessert I got the Spumoni.
69_zps179e4433.jpg

This was really good. Very refreshing! DD loved the cherries. I didn't care for the cookies though... too hard for my taste.
DD had her choice for desserts and she opted for the bowl of fresh fruit. Our waitress tried her hardest to talk DD into an ice cream sundae but she just wasn't having it (must've been sick of ice cream!)
70_zpsfbd97f09.jpg

When she came out with the fruit bowl, there was a candle sticking out of the honeydew... lol. She said that she had a hard time getting that candle into a piece of fruit (that's why she wanted DD to order the ice cream!)
All in all, it was good. I would go back but it wouldn't be my first choice. I just don't see why anyone would HATE this place so much... next time I would order the meatball sliders though. A lady ordered them next to us and they looked AMAZING!

We arrived for our dinner about 20 minutes early and we got our pictures taken outside the restaurant. The photographer GUESSED that I was from Wisconsin from the way I talked. Ugh, not a happy day for me. lol... I talk like a hilbilly :( We were seated right next to the horse from the carousel in the middle of the restaurant. We did not spot Prince Charming but we did see the Fairy Godmother. We went to get some food!
This was DD's plate:
71_zps0f925a13.jpg

Who doesn't love gummy bears? and on a buffet! She was in heaven!
This was my first plate:
72_zps96d6b2b8.jpg

I had beef stew, a tomato & watermelon salad (very interesting), a creamy broccoli salad, a garden salad with mango dressing & a cucumber salad. Everything was pretty good but my favorite was the beef stew... yum!
Of course, strawberry soup:
73_zpsbcbc4f46.jpg

LOVE this stuff!
This was my second plate:
74_zps73616a26.jpg

Salmon, prime rib, pork, peel & eat shrimp, mac & cheese (yum!) and sushi. A very "sharing" gentleman in line at the buffet shared a little too much information with me about the spicy sushi he was about to induldge in. Let's just say it involved him probably going to be stuck in the bathroom all night. Ugh. Everything was awesome, despite the nasty comment from the man.. lol. I also got a bowl of soup. I can't remember the name but it was creamy with corn in it. Really, really good!
75_zpse7aa897b.jpg

Then it was dessert time...
76_zpsa6c5500f.jpg

My favorite was the carrot cake with the cream cheese frosting on the right.
DD was surprised with this cupcake for her birthday:
77_zps1398e629.jpg

She really liked this and it gave her even more of a sugar buzz (if that's possible).
The characters all came around and they were a hoot! The sisters were great... both in character. The stepmother was hilarious... telling DD how she should be greatful for her mother and how she should do something nice for her mom on DD's birthday. DD showed her the back of our shirts (they said "No Boys Allowed") and the stepmom LOVED it. She said that night no boys were allowed since Prince Charming wasn't there.. except for the 2 boys seated at the table next to us which she pointed out and made a face at. She said Cinderella invited them and "as you know, it's HER party" with a roll of her eyes. Loved it! Cinderella told DD that she should leave some crumbs for Gus Gus since he really likes cupcakes so DD was sure to do that. Too cute!
We are a big fan of 1900 Park Fare's breakfast but now I think I may like the dinner even more. The food was good & the interaction was great. We had excellent service. I can't wait to go back!

Originally I had booked the Dessert Party for this night. I ended up changing my mind and cancelling it after upgrading to the deluxe plan. I knew we would be too full to really get our money's worth at the party.

We had also originally planned to head back to MK after 1900 Park Fare BUT last minute, we decided to go to Downtown Disney. We really wanted to go to Goofy's Candy Co. and get some treats to take home. This was the only night we would be able to squeeze DTD in so we went there instead.

This was our first time purchasing anything from Goofy's. It was a great experience and we can't wait to return. Everything was so yummy & really not a bad value (even if you were paying OOP).

78_zps06e35e5e.jpg

79_zps05672f5f.jpg

80_zpsa8eef2f8.jpg

We ended up buying these:

81_zpsfd2db869.jpg

82_zps9a15583c.jpg

83_zpscc23bd97.jpg

We brought home the rice krispie treats and wow... so yummy! The apple was good but just way too much candies and chocolate on it for me. Still really good though. This will be a new "MUST DO" for us on future trips. Can't wait to take DH & DS there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter