• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

We had some issues with slow bus service when we were there in December. I think 50% of the time we ended up with a new driver enroute. The Wave looks awesome.

Well BOO!!! for the bus problems!! This is why I'm glad to have a car with us at WDW. I think if we were to start flying, I would rent a car. It just makes things so much easier....and faster!

We enjoyed the Wave when we went last February. I would like to try it again on a future trip.

PLaying catch up. Love that you and Marlene had such a good afternoon together, and I especially love the joy in her face in the room when she got someone to answer. On a side note, if we had a daughter the name Marlene was on my short list. My mil was Bertha Marlene, she died from breast cancer in 1990 when I barely suspected I was pregnant with #2. Dh always wanted a Danielle....since he's a Danny...my idea was Marlene Danielle.....or shortened to marley Dann. But we have nothing but boys in this house.:confused3

I would have stunk on the judys this time. I've been using the iPad to catch up, but it doesn't like to load all the pictures:headache:

Now to catch up somewhere else. If you want to take a break so I can get ahead that would be ok ;)

Great update Glenn!

I don't blame you for taking the etree as delivered.

That STINKS about the bus driver.

I'd be a bit fuming myself. Literally. I mean an hour and half after that type of a meal...the fumes would be fierce.

Great update Glenn!

I'd be a bit fuming myself. Literally. I mean an hour and half after that type of a meal...the fumes would be fierce.

Ahh, GB, great to have you around... :rotfl2:

Yeah!! Boardwalk at night photos! That is where I will be in less than 48 hours. Thanks for the update!

Glen, I'm back and finally caught up. The steak at the Wave looked pretty good. We keep debating on whether or not to try it (I understand it is better for breakfast).

Sorry about all of the bus issues. This is exactly why we drive everywhere...I would not survive 15 minutes of what you guys dealt with.

For a made up game, that was not made up until after all the pictures were taken - no not easy. :rotfl2: I can only imagine how hard it would be if you tried to make it challenging.:rolleyes1

If I had planned it, I would have worked in some pictures of windows with her in the reflection, stuff like that, but other than that it's amazing how perfect they are as-is. I mean, when I look at the pictures before I post an update and I see her along the edge of the frame or her bracelet in a food picture, I can't believe it.

I felt that way too but after MYoAP-( My year of the Annual pass)- I learned many things and getting from DHS to EPCOT and using the Boardwalk resorts as a hub when needed was one thing I learned. I have always thought the walk was way longer than it actually is and the worst thing that can happen is you have a great walk and a great view while doing it.

I'll definitely have to explore that area next time and become an expert.

First of all I am very CIVIL!!! A smart mouth YES but a Civil Smart Mouth:snooty::rotfl2:

I do have an AXE to grind !!!:lmao:

Yeah, well we had a CIVIL war one time too, so you can see where that gets you.

Now to comment on the Wave !!!I have always ordered the steak andit is very good I see a new trio of desserts that I want to try !! My fav before was the no sugar added one !!!

That picture of you and Jordan and Winkers and D.Jay and Blue and Mr. Blue was at The Wave, correct?

I haven't been around much as I have been busy changing plans !!I know that is a tradition with us Dissers but these ones were really complicated to fugure out !!Now tomorrow I am off to Albany again for work so have a 19hour day at least !!:scared1:Will chat again on Wednesday !!!:yay:

I just looked in on your changes -- they look good!

We had some issues with slow bus service when we were there in December. I think 50% of the time we ended up with a new driver enroute. The Wave looks awesome.

Yeah, unfortunately the buses are a common complaint.

The Wave was pretty good....I think my expectations were a little higher than what it turned out to be, but it was a good meal.

Well BOO!!! for the bus problems!! This is why I'm glad to have a car with us at WDW. I think if we were to start flying, I would rent a car. It just makes things so much easier....and faster!

We enjoyed the Wave when we went last February. I would like to try it again on a future trip.

Oh that's right, you drive. That is one of the benefits of driving, I hadn't thought of it that way.

I just asked Rosie a few comments above....The Wave was where you had a meal with Jordan and the whole gang?

PLaying catch up. Love that you and Marlene had such a good afternoon together, and I especially love the joy in her face in the room when she got someone to answer. On a side note, if we had a daughter the name Marlene was on my short list. My mil was Bertha Marlene, she died from breast cancer in 1990 when I barely suspected I was pregnant with #2. Dh always wanted a Danielle....since he's a Danny...my idea was Marlene Danielle.....or shortened to marley Dann. But we have nothing but boys in this house.:confused3

Good to see you getting caught up Tanya....I'm glad you're recuperating well.

We'd decided on the name already, but one of Marlene's nurses when she was born was named Marlene and she hated her name. She was like, "why are you doing that?" But we liked it and stuck with it.

I would have stunk on the judys this time. I've been using the iPad to catch up, but it doesn't like to load all the pictures:headache:

Now to catch up somewhere else. If you want to take a break so I can get ahead that would be ok ;)

I've been busy, so you've gotten the benefit of that. ;)

Great update Glenn!

I knew you'd understand GB. It wasn't too far off, I did order meat, right?

Yes, it really STINKS. :rotfl2:

That's one way to clear a bus.

Ahh, GB, great to have you around... :rotfl2:

He's like our own human version of Pumbaa.

Yeah!! Boardwalk at night photos! That is where I will be in less than 48 hours. Thanks for the update!

Since I'm slow in responding, you might be there already. I'm jealous! Have a great time!

Caught back up. So that makes day 7 of 9?

Have you started planning the next trip yet?

Yep 7 days out of 9 are done and documented. One more park day then a last-day/trip home day to report on.

No, no planning on the next one yet. It'll probably be late-June of 2012.

Glen, I'm back and finally caught up. The steak at the Wave looked pretty good. We keep debating on whether or not to try it (I understand it is better for breakfast).

Yes, steak for breakfast is awesome! ;)

Sorry about all of the bus issues. This is exactly why we drive everywhere...I would not survive 15 minutes of what you guys dealt with.

Yes, it does require a fair amount of patience. :laughing:

Day 7 - Part 8
We went back out and walked a little further and saw a juggler who was entertaining the crowd. Although you can’t tell from this picture since his juggling pins aren’t in the air. Maybe he was just parking an airplane?

IMG_3838.jpg

:rotfl:He does look like he might be about to guide a plane in!

Hot mitt: I say potholder. I wonder if this is regional or just a personal thing. Or perhaps as a Pchef spouse, you know the technical terms for all kitchen paraphernalia?

No, no planning on the next one yet. It'll probably be late-June of 2012.

Summer 2012 is our target also. My DD keeps talking about missing this year. But Myrtle Beach is already booked with the whole family for this summer. Might have to make trip to Hershey Park to get the roller coaster "fix"!!!

And he looks about as excited as somebody who's worked a 12-hour shift parking airplanes.

Hot mitt: I say potholder. I wonder if this is regional or just a personal thing. Or perhaps as a Pchef spouse, you know the technical terms for all kitchen paraphernalia?

No, I don't think it's a regional thing....I think it's actual differences in the physical characterstics of the items. Hot mitts are shaped like gloves and you put your hands into them. A potholder is just a square or rectangular piece of thick cloth. The PChef hot mitts and potholders are mongo-thick and quite nice, actually. I love the hot mitts, but I think that the potholders are actually too big (they're about 12" by 12" I'd guess) and cumbersome for grabbing cookware, although they're good for something to put between a hot pot and your kitchen counter if you're setting something off of the stove. :)

Summer 2012 is our target also. My DD keeps talking about missing this year. But Myrtle Beach is already booked with the whole family for this summer. Might have to make trip to Hershey Park to get the roller coaster "fix"!!!

Yes, I'm sure we'll be heading to Hershey Park also. I'll have to keep my eye out for discounted tickets.

The Sidewinder is the only coaster I haven't braved yet, and I'm not sure I will. My favorite is the Lightning Racer -- I love yelling at the people in the other rollercoaster during the ride.

But hey, Myrtle Beach is good! I haven't been there in years, but we used to love going there.

If I had planned it, I would have worked in some pictures of windows with her in the reflection, stuff like that, but other than that it's amazing how perfect they are as-is. I mean, when I look at the pictures before I post an update and I see her along the edge of the frame or her bracelet in a food picture, I can't believe it.

Could not have planned it better IMO. :rotfl:

I'll definitely have to explore that area next time and become an expert.

You get lost enough times, you become the expert on how NOT to get lost. That's how I learned. :lmao:

It is a very nice and somewhat peacful area. Lots to do and see yet quiet if you want it.

No, I don't think it's a regional thing....I think it's actual differences in the physical characterstics of the items. Hot mitts are shaped like gloves and you put your hands into them. A potholder is just a square or rectangular piece of thick cloth. The PChef hot mitts and potholders are mongo-thick and quite nice, actually. I love the hot mitts, but I think that the potholders are actually too big (they're about 12" by 12" I'd guess) and cumbersome for grabbing cookware, although they're good for something to put between a hot pot and your kitchen counter if you're setting something off of the stove. :)

In our house the things you put on the table under a hot dish were ( i am spelling phonetically - maybe Flossbolna can help me out) underzeters. The german word for trivet, those tray like things with legs to displace the heat.

I never knew the English word until I was grown and I still use underzeter since it is what I know - thingie works too. :lmao:

In our house the things you put on the table under a hot dish were ( i am spelling phonetically - maybe Flossbolna can help me out) underzeters. The german word for trivet, those tray like things with legs to displace the heat.

Hmmm, sounds too much like "underwear". Which in a pinch can work for grabbing hot dishes....just don't splash any hot stuff out. :scared1:

I never knew the English word until I was grown and I still use underzeter since it is what I know - thingie works too. :lmao:

"Thingie" works for everything. I've been known to stay stuff like, "Give me the thingie with the thing....I need it for the thing."

oh my stars that was painful Glen, it would have been faster to take the monorail to Epcot and walk!

I will admit, your return "home" is what gives me pause about staying at AKL/AKV. It's gorgeous but it just always seems to take forever and a day to get there (AK too for that matter). Not that it's really any further away but the bus routing seems to be horrendous.

I've never been able to get excited about the menu at the Wave, not sure why, despite the generally rave reviews. Very cute about the "date night" comment.

That picture of you and Jordan and Winkers and D.Jay and Blue and Mr. Blue was at The Wave, correct?

Oh that's right, you drive. That is one of the benefits of driving, I hadn't thought of it that way.

I just asked Rosie a few comments above....The Wave was where you had a meal with Jordan and the whole gang?

4371641546_cab16edc12_z.jpg

YES!!! It was a great meal but honestly it could have just been because of the good company. :lmao: I remember I got a steak but really don't remember much about it. I thought it was good but not super spectacular. We would give it another shot in the future.

As for the rental car thing....that's an extra cost on top of plane tickets so I can see it getting pricey but I tell ya.... I would I eat cereal for a week to save money for it! :thumbsup2 We really don't want to go back to relying on the bus system ever again if we can avoid it.

I say oven mitt if it is a mitten type one and pot holder if it is just a square. And hot pad for the ones you set hot food on on the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter