Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Feb 8, 2011.

1. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

What a great DISmeet! That restaurant looks cool, albeit a bit fancier than I might expect out of a "brewery".

Nice tribute to Winkers (well really, d.jay and Jordy) and you even got a bonus prize, an actual Winkers posting! :thumbsup2

Marlene looks absolutely fab in her beret.

I really really hope to hear VOL in May but I have to admit....the thought Judy bubble picture may pop into my head and I'll crack up at an inopportune time ow. Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE-glennbo]We especially liked this smiling guy. He must have been the joker of his platoon, singing “Do Wah Diddy” on forced marches and what-not.

[​IMG]

“There she was just a-walkin’ down the street, singin’…”

(Good luck getting that out of your head now!)
    [/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

unplanned makes it that much sweeter

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

You've got a point there.

+1 :thumbsup2

Okay, time for another confession. I did just "okay" in your game the first couple of rounds...picking out the quotes I really knew. But I'd run across these sections of your write-up and think, "wow, that's really witty". And then they'd turn out to be movie quotes that other people would get. :mad: So after that, in addition to the ones I knew, if I ran across anything particularly witty, I'd um, research it, and it usually turned out to be a quote. :rotfl2:

Well earned!

I still don't know what the big deal was. :sad2:

It's very appreciated. I hope they have a great time!

4. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

It was this guy on the left, Dan, FauntleroyFAN07. He looks like he's read a paper or two in his day.

[​IMG]

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be? Call me sweaty and old in the same sentence? Well, how 'bout this...."I dunno, you tell me!" :rolleyes: :laughing:

You'll think I'm making this up, but after I posted that chapter and got a good look at those pictures I remembered that it was drizzling/misting a little. I remember being concerned about getting mist droplets on my camera lens when we were back by Marrakesh.

That would be an awful way to lose your points, but don't worry I won't let you lose them over that. Losing them over calling the trip reporter sweaty and old seems much more likely. :rotfl:

I agree. The bazaar area really feels like being in a crowded bazaar -- they've figured out how to make the crowds work for the theming!

It's true. It's not a mural, it's part of the architecture. I didn't see it while we were there, but I've seen it on a couple of TRs. They weren't any that I was subbed to, just some I'd perused so I have no idea how to find them now.

That's what they're there for. Glad you tested them for me! ;)

We had a good afternoon.

We'll have better luck with the phones later in the TR.

Judy's really enjoyed everyone we've met so far, but she's stil not all that keen on the idea. I know it'd be different if she were on here and got to know the people by reading their TRs.

The first thing? You ladies are too much.

Thanks. I was pretty happy with the chapter title. Hee hee hee.

I guess you can tell that I was pretty happy about it too!

I think Morocco is one of my favorite countries in the World Showcase now. Not because of the fountain, but all of the other stuff to explore.

Oh I know you'll be very careful next time. :rotfl:

5. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

It was perfect for the occasion, and most importantly, the visitors to the area loved it. The brewery has different eating areas for different levels of "fanciness". The ground floor is a little more "tavern-y", and upstairs there's a banquet area. Seems like they've got all the bases covered!

I was hoping she'd see it one of these days, and Liesa helped me out with that.

She was stylin'. :cool2:

I hope that doesn't happen. It's so hard to stifle a laugh in situations like that!

Yeah, it kinda does. :)

6. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Ahhh yes Maybe this???? I just remember reading a TR and these 2 ladies were making sure they got a picture in Morocco. :rotfl2: Now of course I have to add it to my list of items to find. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

[​IMG]

Going through images ... it seems a popular theme. :scared:

7. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

No, that's not it. It's more of a bas-relief thing on the side of a building.

8. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

You are right. The more I look the more I see. :eek::eek:

I know some of your other readers would have studied the architecture and have a picture of this. :lmao:

9. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Glenn, thanks for the heads up about your Part II! I had seen it, but did not have the time to comment when it came up and then things got worse and worse and I was falling more and more behind... The only thing that got better is of course that you are recapturing some wonderful WS moments! :goodvibes

10. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

No Fair Marv getsa POINT!!!!!;):rotfl2:

11. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

:guilty:

:sad1:

:sad2:

:rotfl2:

12. norybell

norybell DIS Veteran

Wow, I was way behind on the banter (luckily not tooo behind on the updates, though...)! I'd like to say it was because I've been busy, but it just might be because DH and I have recently developed an intense addiction to the past five years of Dr. Who...

I am already trying to think of fun and sneaky ways to use these in April.

[​IMG]

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

What a nice time in the WS for you and Marlene! It reminds me to give my dad a call tomorrow...

13. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I don't want to find "the symbol" because after I see it, that's ALL I will see! :laughing:

14. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

Love the trip report. Love your sense of humor. Pretending to"go" in the fountain is totally something I would do. Keep up the good work.

15. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

By the number of eek's in your post, it looks like you've probably located it.

Oh thanks Magdalene. I understand....I just didn't want to to miss it and discover you had a lot of catching up.

:rotfl2:

Hey, it still takes a lot of wit to work them in seamlessly like you did. And you inspired me to rent a couple of movies I should have seen, but hadn't :guilty: : "The Usual Suspects" and "3:10 to Yuma". :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Glad you're caught up Nory. For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. I probably just didn't give it enough of a chance.

We started watching a new show over the weekend called "An Idiot Abroad", on the Science Channel. It's a travel show produced by Ricky Gervais where they send this guy Karl Pilkington around the world. I had 4 episodes DVR'd and finally got around to watching a couple of them -- pretty funny!

Let us know how it goes!

We did have a nice time!

Aw, I'm glad to read that that picture is bringing people together! :laughing:

I'm with ya! I've seen pictures of it, but I still couldn't tell exactly where it is in the Morocco pavilion, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Hey Reddog1134!! :welcome: Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one, I mean other than Winkers' family and Jordan who inspired me, of course.

16. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Morning Glen !!!Just reading the "banter "I finally finished up my ressies this morning after several futile attempts yesterday !!!Now I have to find a cheap flight and it ain't looking "rosie ":rotfl2::rotfl2:

17. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Cool! I take it the 2 thumbs-up means you liked them?

18. 3prettyprincesses

3prettyprincesses "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

It does. I loved that pavillion, it's gorgeous inside! It's like traveling without actually have to travel, seeing all these countries in the WS.:thumbsup2

19. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

fine leave em up....but we will know it is a staged picture then.

:wave2:

no we canceled our paper, get all my news on the internet.:surfweb:

normally i read a good book.:)

20. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I'm glad you got your reservations done. Don't they know that everything's supposed to be "Rosie" for you?

Yep...good eye catching the "2" thumbs up. ;)

It was probably half me, half precipitation. I remember it being misty when we were back by Marrakesh.

Yeah, who needs internatinal travel? :rolleyes:

We're not all brave enough to streak in front of Disney park buses. :rolleyes1

You take a laptop in there?

The Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series is the way to go. (No pun intended, but very appreciated!)

21. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

this is true, it takes a special breed to do something like that.

no, to big and bulky, we were talking about the laptop right.
    :rolleyes1

never seen it, might have to check it out at the library next trip.
    :)