Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

What a great DISmeet! That restaurant looks cool, albeit a bit fancier than I might expect out of a "brewery".

Nice tribute to Winkers (well really, d.jay and Jordy) and you even got a bonus prize, an actual Winkers posting! :thumbsup2

Marlene looks absolutely fab in her beret.

I really really hope to hear VOL in May but I have to admit....the thought Judy bubble picture may pop into my head and I'll crack up at an inopportune time ow. Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE-glennbo]We especially liked this smiling guy. He must have been the joker of his platoon, singing “Do Wah Diddy” on forced marches and what-not.

IMG_3757.jpg

“There she was just a-walkin’ down the street, singin’…”

(Good luck getting that out of your head now!)
[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

glennbo said:
I really enjoyed spending some time with just Marlene on this particular afternoon, even though the circumstances (Lauren feeling sick) were not what I would have wished for. Although unplanned, I was able to spend some one-on-one time with each child at some point during the trip: James at DHS getting Star Wars autographs, Lauren at DHS and our coconut run to the Polynesian, and now with Marlene in the World Showcase. I’m beginning to realize how quickly the time goes as I watch my children grow, and I hope that when they’re older they’ll look fondly back at moments like these.
....I know I will.

unplanned makes it that much sweeter

Better not invite Rosie to any future DISmeets for a while........ ;)

You've got a point there.

Animal House!

+1 :thumbsup2

And thanks. For some reason, everyone seems to think the movie quotes are the best-written parts... :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Okay, time for another confession. I did just "okay" in your game the first couple of rounds...picking out the quotes I really knew. But I'd run across these sections of your write-up and think, "wow, that's really witty". And then they'd turn out to be movie quotes that other people would get. :mad: So after that, in addition to the ones I knew, if I ran across anything particularly witty, I'd um, research it, and it usually turned out to be a quote. :rotfl2:

:woohoo::woohoo::cool1::banana::banana:

Bonus points! I'm finally on the board!

Well earned!

Of course, I never would have noticed if everyone hadn't made such a big deal of it in our picture.

I still don't know what the big deal was. :sad2:

I did, and you're welcome! They oughtta be about half way to Anaheim by now. Lucky ducks!

It's very appreciated. I hope they have a great time!

Well, pictures don't lie Glenn.:eek: And whoever suggested that next time you sit on it with a newspaper is hilarious!:thumbsup2

It was this guy on the left, Dan, FauntleroyFAN07. He looks like he's read a paper or two in his day.

IMG_2524.jpg

Yup, Marlene looked quite dry and refreshed. Maybe your sweat glands are more sensitive the older you get?;)

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be? Call me sweaty and old in the same sentence? Well, how 'bout this...."I dunno, you tell me!" :rolleyes: :laughing:

I thought the sweaty express was quite clever. Although I suppose I could have also said the moist express? Probably more fitting. Either way, you looked just a tad damp. Just a tad!:laughing:

You'll think I'm making this up, but after I posted that chapter and got a good look at those pictures I remembered that it was drizzling/misting a little. I remember being concerned about getting mist droplets on my camera lens when we were back by Marrakesh.

Whew, I don't want to loose my points! Especially not due to Marv's whining, I mean, questioning the authenticity of that Judy.:sad2:

That would be an awful way to lose your points, but don't worry I won't let you lose them over that. Losing them over calling the trip reporter sweaty and old seems much more likely. :rotfl:

Forgot to add earlier that the Morocco pavillion is truly stunning. I love how the shops are cramped and close together like a marketplace. And the tile work is incredible, I was blown away by how beautiful it was.:thumbsup2

I agree. The bazaar area really feels like being in a crowded bazaar -- they've figured out how to make the crowds work for the theming!

I just thought of something about the Moroccian pavillion. Apparently there is a rather phallic mural.

I cannot find where I read and saw a picture of it. If anyone has a picture, please share! :lmao:

Seriously??? :scared1: This has gotta be out there on the net somewhere....!

It's true. It's not a mural, it's part of the architecture. I didn't see it while we were there, but I've seen it on a couple of TRs. They weren't any that I was subbed to, just some I'd perused so I have no idea how to find them now.

I'm behind a couple of post. I LOVE your handy dandy post links at the end of each chp to help me catch up quick!

That's what they're there for. Glad you tested them for me! ;)

I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with Marlene in WS. She looks so cute in her beret! Too bad you've been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to answer your booth phone calls.

We had a good afternoon.

We'll have better luck with the phones later in the TR.

That's so cool that you had a another DisMeet! My DH would think I was crazy too if I told him I was meeting a guy I communicated with on a internet board. And, Judy is very sweet for understanding too! That restaurant looks really cool that you went to.

Judy's really enjoyed everyone we've met so far, but she's stil not all that keen on the idea. I know it'd be different if she were on here and got to know the people by reading their TRs.

BTW, your checked shirt was the FIRST thing that I noticed in your Dismeet picture! :laughing:

The first thing? You ladies are too much.

Oh & your picture & this just cracks me up! :lmao:

Thanks. I was pretty happy with the chapter title. Hee hee hee.

Spending time with your children one on one is always a great idea and I do it as much as I can. Now that they are getting older it seems that time is slipping by so fast. It was nice that you got to do that on your trip.

I guess you can tell that I was pretty happy about it too!

I love Morocco and always take my time going through it even when they leave without me. Don't think I will be able to look at the fountain the same way again.:rotfl2: I am just glad that my DH never thought of that because my girls would have been mortified :scared1: that we would get thrown out.:laughing:

I think Morocco is one of my favorite countries in the World Showcase now. Not because of the fountain, but all of the other stuff to explore.

This time I wont tell:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Oh I know you'll be very careful next time. :rotfl:

What a great DISmeet! That restaurant looks cool, albeit a bit fancier than I might expect out of a "brewery".

It was perfect for the occasion, and most importantly, the visitors to the area loved it. The brewery has different eating areas for different levels of "fanciness". The ground floor is a little more "tavern-y", and upstairs there's a banquet area. Seems like they've got all the bases covered!

Nice tribute to Winkers (well really, d.jay and Jordy) and you even got a bonus prize, an actual Winkers posting! :thumbsup2

I was hoping she'd see it one of these days, and Liesa helped me out with that.

Marlene looks absolutely fab in her beret.

She was stylin'. :cool2:

I really really hope to hear VOL in May but I have to admit....the thought Judy bubble picture may pop into my head and I'll crack up at an inopportune time ow. Thanks a lot!

I hope that doesn't happen. It's so hard to stifle a laugh in situations like that!

unplanned makes it that much sweeter

Yeah, it kinda does. :)

It's true. It's not a mural, it's part of the architecture. I didn't see it while we were there, but I've seen it on a couple of TRs. They weren't any that I was subbed to, just some I'd perused so I have no idea how to find them now.

Ahhh yes Maybe this???? I just remember reading a TR and these 2 ladies were making sure they got a picture in Morocco. :rotfl2: Now of course I have to add it to my list of items to find. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

morocco-pavilion.jpg

Going through images ... it seems a popular theme. :scared:

Ahhh yes Maybe this???? I just remember reading a TR and these 2 ladies were making sure they got a picture in Morocco. :rotfl2: Now of course I have to add it to my list of items to find. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

morocco-pavilion.jpg

Going through images ... it seems a popular theme. :scared:

No, that's not it. It's more of a bas-relief thing on the side of a building.

No, that's not it. It's more of a bas-relief thing on the side of a building.

You are right. The more I look the more I see. :eek::eek:

I know some of your other readers would have studied the architecture and have a picture of this. :lmao:

Glenn, thanks for the heads up about your Part II! I had seen it, but did not have the time to comment when it came up and then things got worse and worse and I was falling more and more behind... The only thing that got better is of course that you are recapturing some wonderful WS moments! :goodvibes

Okay, time for another confession. I did just "okay" in your game the first couple of rounds...picking out the quotes I really knew. But I'd run across these sections of your write-up and think, "wow, that's really witty". And then they'd turn out to be movie quotes that other people would get. :mad: So after that, in addition to the ones I knew, if I ran across anything particularly witty, I'd um, research it, and it usually turned out to be a quote. :rotfl2:

:guilty:

:sad1:

:sad2:

:rotfl2:

Wow, I was way behind on the banter (luckily not tooo behind on the updates, though...)! I'd like to say it was because I've been busy, but it just might be because DH and I have recently developed an intense addiction to the past five years of Dr. Who...

First, I promised to give you the Epcot pay phone numbers I jotted down. They are:

• UK 407-827-9861 (the booth closest to the “road”)
  • Morocco 407-827-9747 (back by Restaurant Marrakesh)
  • Germany 407-827-9662 (at the restrooms near the model railroad)
I am already trying to think of fun and sneaky ways to use these in April.

IMG_3738.jpg

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

What a nice time in the WS for you and Marlene! It reminds me to give my dad a call tomorrow...

Love the trip report. Love your sense of humor. Pretending to"go" in the fountain is totally something I would do. Keep up the good work.

You are right. The more I look the more I see. :eek::eek:

I know some of your other readers would have studied the architecture and have a picture of this. :lmao:

By the number of eek's in your post, it looks like you've probably located it.

Glenn, thanks for the heads up about your Part II! I had seen it, but did not have the time to comment when it came up and then things got worse and worse and I was falling more and more behind... The only thing that got better is of course that you are recapturing some wonderful WS moments! :goodvibes

Oh thanks Magdalene. I understand....I just didn't want to to miss it and discover you had a lot of catching up.

No Fair Marv getsa POINT!!!!!;):rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Hey, it still takes a lot of wit to work them in seamlessly like you did. And you inspired me to rent a couple of movies I should have seen, but hadn't :guilty: : "The Usual Suspects" and "3:10 to Yuma". :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Wow, I was way behind on the banter (luckily not tooo behind on the updates, though...)! I'd like to say it was because I've been busy, but it just might be because DH and I have recently developed an intense addiction to the past five years of Dr. Who...

Glad you're caught up Nory. For some reason I never got into Dr. Who. I probably just didn't give it enough of a chance.

We started watching a new show over the weekend called "An Idiot Abroad", on the Science Channel. It's a travel show produced by Ricky Gervais where they send this guy Karl Pilkington around the world. I had 4 episodes DVR'd and finally got around to watching a couple of them -- pretty funny!

I am already trying to think of fun and sneaky ways to use these in April.

Let us know how it goes!

What a nice time in the WS for you and Marlene! It reminds me to give my dad a call tomorrow...

We did have a nice time!

Aw, I'm glad to read that that picture is bringing people together! :laughing:

I don't want to find "the symbol" because after I see it, that's ALL I will see! :laughing:

I'm with ya! I've seen pictures of it, but I still couldn't tell exactly where it is in the Morocco pavilion, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Love the trip report. Love your sense of humor. Pretending to"go" in the fountain is totally something I would do. Keep up the good work.

Hey Reddog1134!! :welcome: Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one, I mean other than Winkers' family and Jordan who inspired me, of course.

Morning Glen !!!Just reading the "banter "I finally finished up my ressies this morning after several futile attempts yesterday !!!Now I have to find a cheap flight and it ain't looking "rosie ":rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey, it still takes a lot of wit to work them in seamlessly like you did. And you inspired me to rent a couple of movies I should have seen, but hadn't :guilty: : "The Usual Suspects" and "3:10 to Yuma". :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Cool! I take it the 2 thumbs-up means you liked them?

It was this guy on the left, Dan, FauntleroyFAN07. He looks like he's read a paper or two in his day.

IMG_2524.jpg

:lmao:How nice! I'm sure he appreciated that comment and the fact you put his pic up too!

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be? Call me sweaty and old in the same sentence? Well, how 'bout this...."I dunno, you tell me!" :rolleyes: :laughing:

Yup, that's how it be!;)

You'll think I'm making this up, but after I posted that chapter and got a good look at those pictures I remembered that it was drizzling/misting a little. I remember being concerned about getting mist droplets on my camera lens when we were back by Marrakesh.

You're right, I do think you're making that up! J/K! Actually, your story is quite plausible because I DID notice that your sweat stains were more sprinkly looking than splotchy. Ok, I'm going to believe you Glenn, it was drizzling that left those marks, not your excessive moisture.

That would be an awful way to lose your points, but don't worry I won't let you lose them over that. Losing them over calling the trip reporter sweaty and old seems much more likely. :rotfl:

:lmao:

I agree. The bazaar area really feels like being in a crowded bazaar -- they've figured out how to make the crowds work for the theming!

It does. I loved that pavillion, it's gorgeous inside! It's like traveling without actually have to travel, seeing all these countries in the WS.:thumbsup2

I was thinking of leaving them up, but you are upping the ante. Well above where I'm willing to go!
fine leave em up....but we will know it is a staged picture then.

:wave2:

no we canceled our paper, get all my news on the internet.:surfweb:

normally i read a good book.:)

Morning Glen !!!Just reading the "banter "I finally finished up my ressies this morning after several futile attempts yesterday !!!Now I have to find a cheap flight and it ain't looking "rosie ":rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad you got your reservations done. Don't they know that everything's supposed to be "Rosie" for you?

Cool! I take it the 2 thumbs-up means you liked them?

Yep...good eye catching the "2" thumbs up. ;)

You're right, I do think you're making that up! J/K! Actually, your story is quite plausible because I DID notice that your sweat stains were more sprinkly looking than splotchy. Ok, I'm going to believe you Glenn, it was drizzling that left those marks, not your excessive moisture.

It was probably half me, half precipitation. I remember it being misty when we were back by Marrakesh.

It does. I loved that pavillion, it's gorgeous inside! It's like traveling without actually have to travel, seeing all these countries in the WS.:thumbsup2

Yeah, who needs internatinal travel? :rolleyes:

fine leave em up....but we will know it is a staged picture then.

We're not all brave enough to streak in front of Disney park buses. :rolleyes1

no we canceled our paper, get all my news on the internet.:surfweb:

You take a laptop in there?

normally i read a good book.:)

The Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series is the way to go. (No pun intended, but very appreciated!)

We're not all brave enough to streak in front of Disney park buses. :rolleyes1
this is true, it takes a special breed to do something like that.

You take a laptop in there?
no, to big and bulky, we were talking about the laptop right.
:rolleyes1

The Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series is the way to go. (No pun intended, but very appreciated!)
never seen it, might have to check it out at the library next trip.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter