Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

congratulations to you ...I know how hard it is ...DD had been doing the same thing...working, school, and family...hard combo...proud of her and proud of you too...She got her certification in Special Ed also...in Maine you have to take two type of tests...one general testing in three subjects and then the big one in your specialty field...(besides your regular credit subjects..)

Okey...this is the new topic of our trip in May...hubby wanted French Quarter but the AP rate did not go for that resort...and also didnt go for Movies ...so he did some calculating and found Music...we could save almost 300 dollars by staying in that resort...so I did the change...OY OY OY..

we asked for a preferred room and hopefully first floor facing the pool...I would be in heaven if we get our request...
so saving that money actually pays for the limo van for the four of us..and also our two meals at Crystal Palace for dinner and also Hollywood and Vine...I love to save ..but I (SNIFF SNIFF) love All Star Movies...oh well ..like he said we go there to sleep and to swim...we can do it...:goodvibes..

we have 9 people coming over tomorrow night for some football game...I dont do football but I know this is the Super bowl ...so we can do it..now to figure out food and menu stuff...good luck to me..:crowded:

Mony-- So proud of you Mony. You had a lot of ups and downs. Glad to see all your hard work pay off.

Pumba-- You will be at WDW so that is all good now matter where you stay. Weather has been so crazy lately I wish we were going away.

Yes some football game is on Sunday. Nicholas asked what snacks were they having. I told him the game is after supper what more do you need. :lmao: It's all those commericals he sees and store adds about the Super Bowl. He can have nachos and dip can't go wrong there.

Thanks again everyone, feels great, now I have this nervous energy cause I have FREE time.

Like I can't sit still.....

I usually make superbowl commercial bingo. We watch the game and we each have our own bingo card for the commercials.

Makes it fun for everyone.

Enjoy the day!

well guys...today is that day with that funny looking ball...hahaha...I know ..so far we have chicken salad finger rolls, sea leg finger rolls, chips and dips, kielbasa, hot wings, salsa and those other chips, shrimp and sauce...and desserts...of course adult beverages.(we buy it for company) I am not a good drinker...one puts me under the table..hahaha..

I guess I should get off my touche and start the furniture placing...gotta have room for all to see the tv ..NOT ME ..

Last night our granddaughter announced 98 til she is done her classes and until we go to the House of the Mouse...YIPPEE..

sad news yesterday too...a young boy, 13, a seventh grader died...very very sad for the family and friends of this boy. My son in law coached him in squirt team hockey and has his older sister in high school hockey....sad when a young teen thinks that his life was not worth living for..makes me so sad and I dont even know him..

One of our moderators here lost her dad in Florida Wed night...he spent his winters there ...today he is flying home to be buried in CT...please keep the other Pumbaa with two A's in your thoughts and prayers...I would appreciate it..
hope your team wins..

Good for you, Mony! Looking forward to hearing about your trip...I know you'll have a fabulous time.

I enjoyed watching the Superbowl commercials, except for the GoDaddy kissing one. Eeewww! We didn't go to a Superbowl party, just hung out at home :)

One of the things I did do yesterday was book our next WDW trip! We are doing an early holiday celebration with DD and her hubby over Veterans Day weekend! We'll be able to catch the tail end of Food & Wine Festival, but probably won't be able to stick around for Cel's wedding. However, I might have a small (partial day) overlap with her,unless we book a value room after our DVC stay. Anyway, this will be our SIL's indoctrination to the Mouse ;) DD is having fun looking at all the information that is out there for planning. I think we might do the quick dining plan and add a few table service meal ressies out-of-pocket.

Pumba - So sad to hear about that young boy. Lots of tragic things going on in my neck of the woods too what with all the accidents on the slick roads lately.

Not the best time of the year, but it does lift MY spirits to have another vacation to look forward to, even if it is quite a ways off!!!

I think I'll just check in and give you updates as I go, I don't feel like doing a formal TR.

I actually leave Friday morning and will be meeting up with a few locals at Splitsville later on that evening.

It's very cold and snowy here, need sun and warmth!

We have sun but boy is it cold. Hope you have nice weather on your vacation Mony.

This weather has been so crazy the last few weeks. Not sure if that is what caused my major headach yesterday. It just wouldn't go away. So far so good this morning. Joe was home sick yesterday too , he has a bad cold and has been sleeping sitting up which really isn't resting well.

Other then that not much new. My brothers and sisters are planning a birthday party for my mom, she turns 80 on the 18th of this month. Hard for me because I live 2 hours away so I really only hear the details of what is going on. I guess I get the easy part , or the hard part of just handing over money. :lmao:

morning..
guess what.... We are in the foot or more of snow area for Maines snowstorm...good gosh..I hate snow but you all knew that...ROFL...I always say that...and each year I say it more and more...

this starts Thursday evening all day Friday event...YUCK..

Open the windows and let the germs out ...shut the doors like in bedrooms and just let the bad air out and the good air in...Maybe it will help ...I know that my NANA always did this every Saturday morning when she was doing her housework...so I do it occasionally when I can do it away from the thermostat..or I could turn down that and do it fast...and it makes the house smell so fresh...honest..hahaha

I have re-read all of the Twilight books...I am on the last one ..AGAIN...I love to re-read books after a few years...I tend to read fast sometimes and I may miss a critical part..I have done this to Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston books...read and then do it again...I havent read Harry Potters yet again ...but I can do that maybe ....I do love to read when it is wicked quiet here...no tv ..no noise ..no nothing...just me and the light behind me...

SOOOOOOO have a good day everyone

Pumba I think I have read the Twilight series books 4 times. You are not alone.

I have a few books to take with me on vacation, but I can't decide which!

My cooperating teacher called me to let me know of a position that opened up in the district. Its not a teacher job but a para job. It is a way in and it is twice the pay subs make.

I inquired, we will see.

Keep me posted on the snow, I know you hate it, but I've always dreamed of one 'good' storm.

Hope you are all safe ;)

Mony -- Are you not getting the snow we are getting? Hope the snow doesn't affect your trip.

They are calling for alot of snow tonight and tomorrow. Kids are hoping for a snow day and I think they will get it. Really snowing big flakes out there now and it is only suppose to get worse by morning. The news said we haven't had this much snow at one time since 2008. Our winters have been cold and windy but not much deep snow. I sound like my mom now....I can remember when it was up to the top of the cars and we had no where else to throw it when we shoveled.

Nicholas was happy today because the Grey Cup came to their school today. It is like your Super Bowl cup only for teams across Canada. The football team got to take pictures with it and touch it. It was there for the whole school to see but they were the only ones to get to actually touch it. There will also be a picture in the year book with the whole team around it.

Hope everyone stays safe with the snow storms. YUCK

Mony, I dont think I will be able to meet tomorrow, I had meetings pop up at work, and my son is in town this weekend.

Hope you have a great time, can't wait to hear your report.

Our snow has melted and nothing is falling from the sky yet.

We are supposed to get snow after midnight into rush hour.

So I am leaving at 3am to get to the airport on time and as safe as I can. I hope to dodge any morning traffic. It usually takes an hour to get to the airport under normal conditions.

My flight is at 745.

Marita, sorry about your day getting busy, I am meeting up with Lynda and Noni later at Splitsville. Come stop in!

The girls wore their pajamas inside out, put spoons under their pillows and ice cubes in the toilet in hopes of a snow day. We will see......

Safe travels, Mony! Have fun during your meet up and trip!!!

We just started getting some snow. My weather bug says we are in the freezing rain area for a while tonight before it switches over to snow :( Sure hope it doesn't get too bad or I may telecommute tomorrow!

Marita - Have a great visit with your son!

Nabbie and Pumba - Hope you don't get too much snow!

Mony, safe travels with all that snow, hope you won't be delayed.

I cant stop by Splitsville, sorry, we are going to an ice hockey game. Can you see my excitment? :scared: But the whole family is going, so I didnt want to be left behind.

Hope you have a great trip and looking forward to hearing about it.

I may go into an anxiety attack just driving to the airport. I took a three hour nap and woke to a blizzard.

Have fun with the family Marita. I will be around until Wednesday you know. I will at least call. MK/Epcot for sure on Tuesday.

That was a white knuckle drive. I am north of the airport and we definitely got a lot more snow than the airport area.

My kids have a snow day, so my mom gets three days straight with them. They are good, so no worries.

Two hours to wait now and people watch. :)

Yep snow day here too.....I should go back to bed but I am up now.

Mony-- Glad you made it to the airport safely. Enjoy your trip!

Marita-- A hockey game, I went to one in and thought it was so different being there in person I couldn't follow along because there was so much going on in the arena. People selling things , people getting up ...it was all weird to me. Bundle up.

Well I think I will go see it I can go back to sleep. It is that or go out and shovel...but really no point it is still coming down pretty good.

no school in this area either...we are having a little clipper right now that has nothing to do with the storm storm...I hate snow...they are saying we are going to get it after noon time it starts...and then into tomorrow afternoon...all flights in this area are cancelled...I know someone that was going to Florida...
Fingers crossed for you to get out Monica...

19 car pile up on I295 in Maine..yikes...it is the way my son goes to work...

Our gd's fiance left our house at nine to get up north for the weekend...he took today off from work..as he has already put in 60 hours of work ...he is the town manager and they have been doing budget talks and council meetings...so he is good to go...he is a good guy..

I am in my sweats and long bathrobe..I am warm...ROFL..we got a propane delivery yesterday so we are good to go for cooking...YIPPEE..but I didnt take the turkey out of the freezer to cook it...so either chicken caccitore or tacos my way...rofl..

Hope you are all okey and Marita...glad that your son is visiiting...nice to have our babies home..:thumbsup2

Well, I survived the hockey game. May I say it will most likely be my one and only? I have no desire to watch this. I could hardly see any goals go in.

But I am told it was a good game. The locals were behind 3-0 in the first third. then caught up in the end 3-3. So to my utter delight :sick: the game went into overtime. Stil tied at the end, so they had a shoot-out, which the home team won. YAYY.
Then we had the drive home, which should have taken 20 minutes during normal times, but with road closures for the weekend etc, took much longer. All the time I was really wishing for a restroom...... But at least I was out with the family.

Mony, glad you made it here safe and sound, hope you have a great time. II'll try to remember to turn my phone on next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter