• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Hi from the beautiful sun sunny state of FL. It is so pretty here I love it!

Sitting in some sun right now waiting for a shuttle to take me to AK so I can hop on a bus to check in at Coronado.

Last night was fun. I met up with Lynda and Noni former disappearing peeps at Splitsville in DTD. They were a lot of fun . Tim even was there his company took the employees there for the night so it was perfect!

Was up for 23 hours straight on 3 hours sleep! Glad today is a relaxing day.

I can't stop smiling!

morning..
We have power for the moment...winds are up to 50 mph in our area...snow is still coming and visibility is near Zero for NEMO..

we have three to four foot snow drifts off the sliding glass door deck from our dining room and back door to the pool area was the same...Hubby had to get a shovel to shovel an area for the dog to go pee...she has to have an area to turn around a few times...
Right now they are saying we have accumulations of over 2 feet...I hate this so much...but I do have to say...we havent had a storm like this in many many years..so we were due someone said..
If hubby says...lets think about Florida for a few next year I may SAY YES..

have fun in Florida Mon....and enjoy it

Not rubbing it in but I thought you like to see done pictures.

77B4F06D-03DC-4CED-8B92-481986191EC4-789-000000255BEF532B_zpsd5216705.jpg

C7042C9C-B936-4688-B928-2C0B36725053-789-00000024D457B305_zpsee12737c.jpg

B74A6C7C-AC96-4B93-B2F6-53D8BAAF312F-789-00000025BC2496AE_zpsd3cb81f7.jpg

Oh Monica...no those photos are perfect...I am so glad that you are having fun...that is the main thing..

waiting for the furnace man to come...NATURALLY the furnace crapped out...we reset it and its okey for a while then it goes off again..

Hubby is outside snowblowing so that the furnace truck can pull in the driveway...we have a good size driveway too..I have multiple layers on of clothes...and a disney purple 25th anniversary sweatshirt on...and a long sleeve shirt under that and my hunting socks..

Have fun MOnica...and enjoy yourself...

Mony-- so jealous....but at least we have the sun out and no snow today.

Pumba-- I won't complain about my foot and an half of snow. You win! That is what we got yesterday. Still shoveling out the cars today. Was enough to keep up with the sidewalks and end of the drive where the plow pushed in a few times yesterday and this morninig. Haven't had this in 5 years the news said. Hope you get your furnace fixed your going to need it.

Marita-- Nice family time. I end up doing things I don't like either but I don't like being left out. I can't tell you how many movie have seen that I had no interest in. :lmao:

But the kids did have a snow day, Hubby was home so he could snow blow and we had a nice relaxing day together. No one had to do drive in it.

morning...
SUN is out and we are warm...what more can I ask for...
Furnace man came and gave us HEAT...I wanted to say...Houston, we have heat..and hubby kept it up to 70 all night so we could thaw out...well I was a little chilly...

we got 27.5 inches of the dreaded white stuff...and it is still cold outdoors...but like I said..I am inside and warm...hubby finished the driveway last night so the furnace guy to get in when he did come..Our neighbors had emergency service from the oil company...someone stole her oil...this has been happening thruout the state...so now everyone is on alert for thieves...her dogs barked too and they told the dogs to hush...just like we do to Megara..HUSh...so no more..if the dogs bark it is for a reason...
89 days til DISNEY...not that I am counting...YES I AM...another of our neighbors are leaving Tuesday for Hawaii...LUCKY..and then our next door people leave in two weeks for a month in Florida...LUCKY LUCKY...oh well I will wait patiently for our May trip...and I can do that honest..
Marita..have you ever heard of USEPPA...its my other brother from ND is staying there for eleven days and invited us all down...but air for that time is over 1000 for both of us...so we opted out...even though the place looks amazing..its an island....
oh well...back to the old grind...need to take a REAL shower and then do the dishes...have a good day my friends:grouphug:

Pumba, never heard of it.

I caved last night and let DD get a puppy, so she is out looking now. Why oh why did I? Hopefully not for long since she is planning on moving out soon.

can you borrow a crate if she does get a puppy...that way when no one is there...the doggie can be enclosed and not peeing or pooping on the floors...or EATING the furniture..

Marita..useppa is an island off the coast of Florida...and that is where my brother has a place for a week and a half...it is gorgeous...wish the air wasnt so bad for that time ..

yesterday we had another SMALL snow storm..four or five inches and then some sleet and freezing rain...but it was messy out..last night it warmed up and now hubby is out snowblowing the new crap..

hope you all have a good day and glad that Mon is on her way to MK this morning...have a great time..

Marita-- Puppy are so cute , but a lot of work. I remember you talking about your last older dog and turtle. Was it that long ago. Time flies.

Pumba-- We have been having spring weather for the last two days, our huge piles are really melting down nicely. Hopefully this weather finds you in a few days.

It is Pancake day....usually we have them tomorrow since we can't have meat on Ash Wednesday. Church is having a free pancake dinner maybe will do that instead. No cooking or clean up involved. Hannah was making some in class today for snack.

it is in the low 40s but that is a real heatwave for us...hubby snowblowed the mess and hopefully we dont get that storm they are predicting for this weekend...I HATE IT...but is half way thru Feb and almost to March...a few days at a time and it will be spring before we know it..

Puppies are a great deal of work...even older doggies are...although I wont talk to loud cause Megara is snoring on the floor (yes she does use the floor sometimes)...the other day hubby cut her dew claw cause it was LONG...and it bled everywhere..on the carpet and I yelled for her to go to the bathroom and she goes right in there...and that tile was blood spurts everywhere...so I washed that up and then put a dot of flour paste on it and it stopped...phewwww...she didnt act like he hurt her but he must of cut the quik or whatever they call it...
She will go to the vet next toe nail done ...geesh..

We had a great time! The weather was perfect, no rain, very different from August.

We are waiting for DME, about another 45 mins before we leave.

Ready to be home and finding my new job.

I put up pictures on Nebos TR if you haven't seen any, not a lot just some. Orlando smack down he calls it.

went to the mall 35 miles from here so Scottie could get our granddaughter a gift for valentines day...so he got her a Pandora bracelet with a charm on it...very cute...then he took me out for dinner...we had seafood..he had a lobster sandwich ..HUGE with fries and cole slaw and I had fried clams with fries and cole slaw...that slaw was delicious...had a nice time
Hope no one thought I was a Cougar...ROFL ..I said that in the restaurant and scott almost died laughing...

came home and I am ready for bed...

Hope you are home safe and sound...sounds like you had a great time and I am glad that the weather was great...

promise no one laughs...but I signed up for a couch to 5k ...I start in a few weeks..probably after the snow is gone...I know I can walk a 5k..no problems...but running ..I dont know yet..will have to get a device that holds my you know whats close to my heart...ROFL..:rotfl2:

HOPE you all have a great day and love everyone close forever..

Happy Valentine's Day!

Puppies are definitely a lot of work, Marita! I second the crate suggestion. And maybe a smaller dog would be more manageable.

Welcome back, Mony!

Pumba, good luck with the Couch to 5K! LOLing over your cougar outing ;). Hubby and I are doing a belated VD dinner on Sunday after we take Jasper in for grooming.

Nabbie - Our snow is pretty much gone. Supposed to get a bit more tomorrow. I had a tough time driving home it was so windy again tonight. I've been reading about that Carnival ship that is slowly being towed back to port. Yikes! I can't believe they didn't have better emergency procedures in place for their passengers. I think DCL would have done a much better job.

Landed in Detroit yesterday to a voicemail from my kids school district offering me a job.

I am a long term sub for a resource room in one of the local elementary schools!

I start Wednesday, the kids are on a mid winter break.

Excited!

I already posted a reply on Nebo's thread, but this is great, congrats, especially in your kids district.

Meanwhile, I am so bored at work, I am taking tomorrow off!

Mony-- That's great news! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Moo-- I would hope Disney would have a better handle on something like that but who know. Carnival ships have had this happen before I beilieve so I am not sure why they didn't have a back up plan. I can't believe the washroom situation.Yuck

We are all getting over a stomache bug here. It hit hard yesterday. First Nicholas , he was up all night then me in the morning and Joe by noon. Lucky Hannah was at school and fine. Hope she doesn't get it now and it just comes back around. Especially with my mom's birthday party on Sunday.

CONGRATS on your job...see ...a door opened for you ..right where you want it to be...we are excited for you..

Just got 25 disney pins in the mail for traders on our upcoming trip...hubby is big on Jasmine pins and Dalmatian pins and the ever hard to find ..Megara pins...so we shall see what happens..

This person that we got them on Ebay had good ratings and we got the 25 for 12.50 and free shipping...so really a good deal..

Going out tonight for dinner...Scott and Kaitlynn are going out for their Valentine outing...she arrives this afternoon ...she is doing so good...today she is signing up for her six week rotations for pharmacies and compounding places...that will start after our trip to Disney...we are ready for that...

Went for a walk but the sides of the roads are still loaded with snow...and cars come to fast for that road...only did a little over a mile...so it was just a teaser...the couch practice doesnt start until April...so the roads will be better by then..it was a little chilly but had on my sweatshirt and then my winter coat...no mittens...

Thanks!

I got to meet the students Thursday, shadowed the teacher who was leaving, and meet the staff. One of the teachers used to teach my boys. Nice to see familiar faces.

Can't wait for your trip Pumba! I miss Disney already.

I had a brief interview Thursday morning and the director of elementary education used to be my kids principal. She is on to bigger and better things, it was nice that she was there, I've known her for 12 years.

Interesting side: She won 1million dollars in the mega millions over the summer. She won't quit her job, she loves it too much instead she made sure her grandchildren all had college funds set up and this sunday is taking 18 of her family on a four day trip to disney art of animation and cruise following that. She mentioned she had one of her sons down there bidding on a house. Such a good person for that to happen to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter