• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 05/07/2013

The simple answer is: I'm too lazy!

The data on HHI deeds reacquired by DVD is available from the Beaufort County (SC) Register of Deeds (http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp). But I'm tracking a lot of other things right now, and I'm beginning to run out of the spare time that it takes to compile all the data. Tracking HHI deeds ROFRed by DVD is just one of several things that I've put on the back burner.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread. In fact, I need to update the data for November. . . which I'll do soon.

Good luck on passing ROFR on your HHI deed! We've been to HHI just once and we really enjoyed it

Thank you. This thread is very interesting...thank you for all the time and effort you put into it.

The simple answer is: I'm too lazy!

The data on HHI deeds reacquired by DVD is available from the Beaufort County (SC) Register of Deeds (http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp). But I'm tracking a lot of other things right now, and I'm beginning to run out of the spare time that it takes to compile all the data. Tracking HHI deeds ROFRed by DVD is just one of several things that I've put on the back burner.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread. In fact, I need to update the data for November. . . which I'll do soon.

Good luck on passing ROFR on your HHI deed! We've been to HHI just once and we really enjoyed it

Nevermind...oops.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread.

Thanks so much for the hard work you do to compile these updates. I know how it feels to work for quite some time to prepare a report and submit it for review and the review lasts only a few minutes. In my "real life" job, my submission is to 2 people for their review. Your work is reviewed by many, many more and I suspect, is greatly more appreciated. I know I am one of those that appreciate it very much. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the hard work you do to compile these updates. I know how it feels to work for quite some time to prepare a report and submit it for review and the review lasts only a few minutes. In my "real life" job, my submission is to 2 people for their review. Your work is reviewed by many, many more and I suspect, is greatly more appreciated. I know I am one of those that appreciate it very much. Thanks again.

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.

I'm awaiting my offer to pass ROFR so I'm reading everything I can about the subject. Your info is much appreciated and makes me feel a little better about my chances! Thanks.

I'm awaiting my offer to pass ROFR so I'm reading everything I can about the subject. Your info is much appreciated and makes me feel a little better about my chances! Thanks.

Good luck on getting your offer to pass ROFR!

What does a notice for exercising ROFR look like? I have looked through many pages of results to try to find one, and I had no luck. Thanks for complying this!:worship:

What does a notice for exercising ROFR look like? I have looked through many pages of results to try to find one, and I had no luck. Thanks for complying this!:worship:

When Disney Vacation Development exercises its Right of First Refusal, it files a warranty deed with the Orange County Comptroller. These deeds are in the public domain and can be viewed on the OCC's website.

Here is a link to a warranty deed that was filed on December 1, 2012: https://officialrecords.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/myPdf.pdf?&parent=DOC891S14012

The deed shows DVD as the Grantee and the original owner as the Grantor. The deed also shows the DVC resort name and the undivided percentage interest in the Unit number. In the sample warranty deed, DVD is reacquiring 0.274% of Unit 11 of the Disney Vacation Club at Walt Disney World Resort, which is the official name of Old Key West. The warranty deed doesn't show the number of points or Use Year. To get this information, I maintain a list of Units for each DVC resort, which shows that OKW Unit 11 has a February UY and has been allotted 83,970 points. Thus, 0.274% of Unit 11 represents 230 points.

Until late November 2011, the OCC website displayed a "Sale/Consideration" amount for each warranty deed. By dividing that amount by the number of points I was able to see how much DVD was paying per point. However, OCC is no longer displaying the Sale/Consideration amount on deeds.

There is one caveat that readers of this thread should be aware of. Actually, the only thing that a warranty deed proves it that DVD has reacquired the deed from the original owner. Its an assumption on my part that the deed is being reacquired as part of a ROFR process. However, I feel very safe in making that assumption because there are other documents DVD uses when it reacquires deeds through other processes, such as foreclosures and Court actions. A few times I have seen DVD file a warranty deed on a new deed that had been sold just a few days or weeks before to the original owner. The Sale/Consideration amount was shown as the full direct purchase price (such as $120/point for an AKV deed). In situations like that, I suspect that the deed was being bought back by Disney because of some reason or error in the original transaction. These types of buybacks have occurred very infrequently during the time I have tracked the data.

I appreciate all your hard work in tracking this data! I am considering adding on a few more OKW points and it looks like this might be possible through direct purchase with all those points coming back to DVC. I'll have to give my guide a call or maybe I'll go visit him when we are at SSR in a couple weeks! LOL

In December 2011, DVD continued its recent habit of exercising its Right of First Refusal primarily on Old Key West deeds. During the month, DVD reacquired 7 OKW deeds containing 1,730 points. DVD also reacquired a 270-point Beach Club Villas deed, a 65-point Vero Beach deed, and a 160-point SSR deed.

As I posted previously, the Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

The 160-point SSR deed may have been reacquired by DVD for reasons unrelated to the ROFR process. The original deed was sold by DVD just a few weeks before it reacquired the same deed from the same owners. In the past, the Sale/Consideration amount would have been a helpful indicator whether the deed was ROFRed or reacquired for other reasons. If the sale amount was at or near the full price DVD charges for direct purchases, then its likely that the deed was not involved in a third party resale transaction.

ROFR12.jpg

In January 2012, Disney Vacation Development reacquired only five deeds containing 1,205 points, the fewest number of points it reacquired since July 2011, when it reacquired four deeds containing 670 points. DVD reacquired three Old Key West deeds, one Beach Club Villas deed, and one Saratoga Springs Resort deed. Given the recency that the SSR deed was originally sold, it is likely that DVD reacquired it for reasons other than exercising ROFR on a resale transaction.

The Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

ROFRSummary-Jan2012jpeg.jpg

In January 2012, Disney Vacation Development reacquired only five deeds containing 1,205 points, the fewest number of points it reacquired since July 2011, when it reacquired four deeds containing 670 points. DVD reacquired three Old Key West deeds, one Beach Club Villas deed, and one Saratoga Springs Resort deed. Given the recency that the SSR deed was originally sold, it is likely that DVD reacquired it for reasons other than exercising ROFR on a resale transaction.

The Orange County Comptroller is no longer displaying the "Sale/Consideration" amount on deeds posted on its website. Thus, I can no longer determine the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds.

ROFRSummary-Jan2012jpeg.jpg

And I wonder what little Mouse had something to do with the Comptroller's no longer reflecting sales info?

And I wonder what little Mouse had something to do with the Comptroller's no longer reflecting sales info?

Keep in mind that DVD is not the only timeshare having records posted with the Orange County Comptroller.

I wish that the Sale/Consideration information was still available on deeds. It was a useful piece of information, not only to see what DVD was paying to reacquire a ROFR deed, but also to distinguish true ROFRed deeds from deeds being bought back by DVD for other reasons. If DVD bought back a BLT deed for $150/point, I'd be certain it was not a true ROFR.

Perhaps one reason why the Sale/Consideration amounts are no longer posted is that they were usually misleading whenever DVD offered incentives to the buyer. In the past, OCC would show a Sale/Consideration amount equivalent to the full retail price, even though the buyer actually paid $4, $5, or even $20+ less per point.

Disney Vacation Development reacquired only three DVC deeds and 550 points in February 2012, the fewest number of deeds since June 2011, when only one deed was reacquired. The three deeds were reacquired from Bay Lake Tower (150 points), Beach Club Villas (150 points), and Old Key West (250 points).

As noted previously in this thread, the Orange County Comptroller's website (the source for this information) is no longer displaying the price paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds. Thus, it is not known how much DVD paid per point for these deeds.

More information about ROFR activity and prices is available in Donald is #1's thread: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44077289&postcount=1977

ROFRSummaryjpeg.jpg

During March 2012, only four deeds were reacquired by Disney Vacation Development. Two OKW deeds were reacquired, which was not surprising since about two-thirds of all deeds reacquired for reasons other than foreclosures in the last eight months have been for OKW.

DVD also reacquired an AKV deed and an SSR deed. Since the Orange County Comptroller's website no longer displays the price paid for a deed, it cannot be determined whether these deeds were reacquired as part of the ROFR process or for some other buyback reason.

I changed the format of my ROFR chart to display the current month and the previous 12 months. The data goes back to June 2010, when I began tracking this type of information.

Donald is #1's thread on ROFR activity has more detailed information about buyers' experience with going through the ROFR process. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44380136&postcount=2088.

ROFRMarch2012.jpg

In April 2012, Disney Vacation Development exercised its Right of First Refusal on 19 deeds containing 3,780 points. I have been tracking ROFR information since June 2010, and this is the largest number of points ROFRed in a single month since October 2010 when 4,600 points were ROFRed.

Although the majority of April's reacquired deeds -- 13 deeds representing 2,400 points -- were for Old Key West, DVD also reacquired deeds for AKV (2), BCV, BWV, SSR, and VB.

The data reflects Warranty Deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County (FL) Comptroller and the Indian River County (FL) Clerk of Court and covers the following DVC resorts: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, Vero Beach, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Since the OCC website no longer displays Sale/Consideration amounts on deeds, I cannot determine the price per point paid by DVD to reacquire these deeds. It is also possible that these deeds might not have been reacquired by DVD via the ROFR process but rather because of some other buyback reason.

More information about ROFR and resale transactions is available on
Donald is #1's thread, which is currently being managed by mac_tlc. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44783439&postcount=2407.

ROFRSummaryApril.jpg

Very interesting data, thanks. I was trying to figure out my chances of being ROFRd and this has helped a lot. The most interesting thing on this is the complete lack of VWL buybacks.

Very interesting data, thanks. I was trying to figure out my chances of being ROFRd and this has helped a lot. The most interesting thing on this is the complete lack of VWL buybacks.

You spoke too soon! On May 3, 2012, DVD reacquired a 100 point VWL deed. Its the first VWL deed reacquired since July 2010 when a 200 point VWL was reacquired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter