• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 05/07/2013

February 2011 was another slow month for ROFR activity for the DVC resorts at Walt Disney World. For the month, only four warranty deeds were filed and recorded by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller. All four deeds were for BCV and represented a total of 1,250 points. According to information from the OCC website, the four deeds were reacquired by DVD at prices ranging from $50 to $84 a point, with a weighed average of $60.60 a point.

Although the number of deeds ROFRed by DVD has dropped, it does not necessarily mean that DVD is stopping its ROFR activity. It might just mean that the deeds that are being resold are above DVD's ROFR threshold. A quick glance at Donald is #1's thread on ROFR transactions shows that most BCV deeds are selling above $83 a point (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40148836&postcount=117).

00013N.jpg

Are you asking about BCV deeds for 50 to 60 points? I looked at my data on ROFR deeds, and I find only one ROFR deed that was under 100 points. It was a BCV 50-point deed, October UY, that was ROFRed at $82/point. The person who almost bought the deed reported on Donald is #1's thread that their offer was ROFRed on 12/14/2010. The Warranty Deed was filed with the Orange County Comptroller on 1/14/2011.

It does not surprise me that most small deeds pass ROFR. Most buyers are willing to pay a premium for a small 50 or 60 point deed; thus, the resale price is higher and above DVD's ROFR threshold for BCV, which is about $80-$84/point.

My comment is about BCV being sold for $50's & $60's per point. I'm thinking these must be auctions.

My comment is about BCV being sold for $50's & $60's per point. I'm thinking these must be auctions.

I believe that a knowledgeable DVC real estate agent, such as those at the Timeshare Store, would try to convince a seller that an offer of $50 or $55 a point for BCV is far below the market price. In February 2011, DVD reacquired a BCV 600-point deed for $50 a point and a 300-point deed for $55 a point. Perhaps these were deeds that were originally for sale through auction sites, such as ebay. When I compile my data from the OCC website, I cannot tell anything about the origins of the sale process. I cannot tell whether the seller was using an auction site, the Timeshare Store, or dealing directly with Disney. However, I believe that DVD would quickly exercise ROFR on any BCV deed that is being sold at $50 or $55 a point.

We were just informed that we passed ROFR today - on day 30!!!!!!!

It was posted at $50.00 Per Point for 270 Points with a Dec UY

We offered $40.00 Per Point

They countered $41.85 per Point

We accepted!

We close by April 29th

The Seller is paying Maint. Fee for all points currently in the account (471)

So we get:
201 Banked Points from 2009 that need to be used by December 2011
270 Points from 2010 that need to be used or Banked
With the Maint. Fees all paid up with no reimbursement.

270 Points Coming on 12/1/11 maint. fees paid by us.

We contacted Disney to buy Direct - but the current price for Hilton Head Island is $85.00 per point and they had nothing with our UY.

So not only do we not feel bad for buying resale -
but we SAVED $11,650.50 by buying resale!!!!

HOLY COW!!! :scared1: :eek:

We saved $2,200.50 over the asking price - my wife did NOT want to offer $40.00 as she thought it was too low. But I explained that if they REALLY wanted to keep this contract - if they LOVED owning this contract they would have used the points from last year and this year already. It seems that the sellers need to sell. So we offered $40.00 per point - $10.00 below asking - and they made an incredibly reasonable counter offer - and we accepted without question!

So:
270 Points - Hilton Head Island - Dec. UY $41.85 p/p 471 Currently Available - 270 coming 12/1/11

This is our 4th home resort - and we know it will be our LAST....
Until they build the new resort at Fort Wilderness that is rumored! :lmao:

We would also consider buying points at the National Harbor Resort if they decide to move forward with that project! That's only about 4 hours from us - so that would be a great weekend getaway!

YIPEEEEEEE WE passed ROFR!
AND we found out about it over dinner this evening while sitting at our decision booth at the local diner that we love. We make all over big decisions at the Poky Dot - at the booth next to the kitchen door - right by the Soda Fountain where we watch them make MASSIVE Sundaes! HAHA

We decided to buy our house sitting at that booth! :hug:

We were just informed that we passed ROFR today - on day 30!!!!!!!
270 Points - Hilton Head Island - Dec. UY $41.85 p/p 471 Currently Available - 270 coming 12/1/11.....
...YIPEEEEEEE WE passed ROFR!
AND we found out about it over dinner this evening while sitting at our decision booth at the local diner that we love. We make all over big decisions at the Poky Dot - at the booth next to the kitchen door - right by the Soda Fountain where we watch them make MASSIVE Sundaes! HAHA

We decided to buy our house sitting at that booth! :hug:

GREAT deal and GREAT story to go with it. I'm very happy for you! :thumbsup2

VWL 150pts use yr.oct 2/23 submitted. Passed ROFR: 3/16 Paid 66dollars per point.:banana:cool1:

I forgot to post our info - we passed ROFR - ON day 30 (of course!)
We passed two weeks ago and close tomorrow!

Hilton Head Island
270 points
471 passing to us at closing (banked and current)
It was posted at $65.00 per point -
we offered $40.00 per point -
the seller came back with a counter offer for......

$41.85

WOW :banana:

We were so happy that it passed!!!
So of course we pay current year's Maint. fees and closing costs.

I think we got a GREAT deal!

Hilton Head is one of the lowest prices per point - but I think we got one of the lowest priced contract I've seen - especially with 471 points available now!!!!

Can't wait to go to home to HHI!

Hilton Head Island
270 points
471 passing to us at closing (banked and current)
It was posted at $65.00 per point -
we offered $40.00 per point -
the seller came back with a counter offer for......

$41.85

Wow is right. :thumbsup2 Hard to beat THAT deal. Good job, csharpwv!

So I didn't want to post the details until we knew whether we passed ROFR, and we did, yesterday! We submitted only 3 weeks ago, so I guess Disney's trying to get things processed quickly!

In any case, here goes:

200 Points at Boardwalk at $53pp, Feb use year. 169 points for 2010, 200 points for 2011 and beyond. Seller pays closing, and prorated maintenance fees.

Now, next steps would be closing and all that. Any one have experience with closing after ROFR? Anything I should be on the lookout for? When can I make a reservation? I'm hoping to go in early November, hope we can make it within the window period to get a room!!

Thank you so much, everyone!

In March 2011, DVD continued to exercise ROFR on a small number of resale deeds. Five BCV deeds were ROFRed with prices ranging from $58 a point to $81.43 a point, for a weighted average of $70.98 a point. The deed sizes ranged from 25 to 750 points.

There was also an AKV deed and a BLT deed that were reacquired by DVD in March 2011. However, I highly doubt these were deeds that were being resold by the original buyers. Instead, I suspect that DVD was taking these deeds back because of some flaw in the deed or the purchase agreement.

More detailed information about ROFR activity is available on Donald is #1's thread (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40601355&postcount=572).

00011r.jpg

April 2011 was another slow month for ROFR activity for the seven DVC Resorts located at Walt Disney World. Only five deeds containing 960 points were reacquired by DVD during the month, which is the smallest number of points I have seen since I started compiling data in June 2010.

A new twist in the data is that there was a deed for Old Key West that was reacquired by DVD in April. The deed was for 150 points and, according to the warranty deed filed with the Orange County Comptroller, was repurchased for $53.50 a point. It will be interesting to see if this a one-time occurrence or if DVD is setting a price for the future reacquisitions of OKW points.

Beach Club Villas remains the most common resort to be ROFRed. In April 2011, three BCV deeds for 600 points were reacquired. The prices ranged from $76.00 a point to $80.00 a point, with a weighted average of $77.41 a point.

A Bay Lake Tower deed was reacquired as well. It had 210 points and was repurchased for $96.83 a point.

More detailed information about ROFR activity is available on Donald is #1's thread (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=572).

0001Vc.jpg

Thanks as always. It's interesting that in the first full month of the new rules that there was a small number of ROFR, but spread across locations. Maybe they might pick some up here and there to try to keep prices from plumetting.

We just passed ROFR today. Submitted 5/12, passed 5/31

SSR 150 points @ $59 - all points for 10, 11, 12 available. Buyer paid closing costs. Buyer and seller split MF.

Beach Club Villas remains the most common resort to be ROFRed. In April 2011, three BCV deeds for 600 points were reacquired. The prices ranged from $76.00 a point to $80.00 a point, with a weighted average of $77.41 a point.

Interesting, so the break point is about $80 at BCV. Good to know - now if I can just get in fast enough to get a small contract.

We just passed ROFR today. Submitted 5/12, passed 5/31

SSR 150 points @ $59 - all points for 10, 11, 12 available. Buyer paid closing costs. Buyer and seller split MF.

Congratulations on a really good deal - and fast! It's interesting how quickly Disney is waiving RORF on recent resales. :welcome:home to the SSR family, jazz! :thumbsup2

Like April, May 2011 was another slow month for ROFRed deeds at the Walt Disney World DVC resorts. Only two deeds, both from BCV, were reacquired by DVD via a warranty deed transaction. This is the smallest monthly number of deeds I have seen since I began tracking this information in June 2010. The two deeds totaled 440 points and were reacquired for a weighted average price of $76.77.

More detailed information about ROFR activity is available on Donald is #1's thread (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=572).

0001lX.jpg

It would be interesting to know the numbers for any BCV deeds that went through, and for what prices. Even round numbers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter