marking this thread
been looking into dvc for a while
but getting serious now
not sure if new or used is the way to go yet

marking this thread
been looking into dvc for a while
but getting serious now
not sure if new or used is the way to go yet

Unless you want to use the non-economical trading features now not available to re-sale purchasers, re-sale will save you a bundle.

ROFR activity came to a virtual halt in June 2011. Only one warranty deed was filed by Disney Vacation Development and recorded with the Orange County Comptroller during the month. The sale/consideration amount recorded on the OCC website shows that the Bay Lake Tower deed was reacquired by DVD at $130/point. Since the points in that deed were probably originally sold with a base price of $130 a point, it is highly likely that the deed was bought back by DVD for reasons other than as part of a resale transaction.

Although June was an extremely slow month for ROFR activity, DVD has not stopped its ROFR activity completely: Two ROFRed deeds have already appeared on the OCC website in July.

000106.jpg

In July 2011, there were reports that Disney Vacation Development was exercising its Right of First Refusal more frequently on resale transactions (see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770643). Although ROFR activity involving Villas of Grand California deeds cannot be tracked, data from the Orange County Comptroller, which records deeds for the WDW resorts, show that only a handful of warranty deeds were filed by by DVD in July 2011. It may be several more weeks before deeds reacquired in July are filed and recorded with the OCC.

Two BCV deeds, one AKV deed, and one BLT deed were reacquired and filed by DVD in July 2011. The BCV deeds were reacquired at a weighted average price of $81.02 per point. The OCC website, however, do not display the price at which the AKV and BLT deeds were bought by DVD.

0001ZG.jpg

In August 2011, DVD reacquired nine deeds containing 1,685 points. Of note, DVD reacquired three Old Key West deeds totaling 630 points. These represent the first OKW deeds reacquired since prior to June 2010. According to the Sale/Consideration amounts recorded by the Orange County Comptroller, the OKW deeds were reacquired at a weighted average amount of $45.40 per point.

In addition to the OKW deeds, DVD also reacquired three BCV deeds (350 points), two SSR deeds (385 points), and one BLT deed (320 points). Two of the BCV deeds were reacquired for $78.00 a point; the Sale/Consideration amount was not documented on the third BCV deed.

The two SSR deeds were bought by DVD for $89.00 and $95.00 a point, yielding a weighted average of $91.88 a point. The BLT deed was reacquired for $120.00 a point. Given the prices recorded for these SSR and BLT transactions, these deeds may have been bought back by DVD for reasons other than as part of a third party resale transaction.

As mentioned in last month's post, some disboard posters reported in July 2011 an increase in deeds being ROFRed by DVD (see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770643). Although the activity in August is slightly more than the activity of the last few months, it is still less than the activity in the latter half of 2010 when DVD ROFRed an average of 15 deeds and 3,167 points a month. Thus, it is premature to assume that the increased activity in August is indicative of an upward trend in deeds being ROFRed by DVD.

0001Of.jpg

wdrl- thanks so much for pulling together this information. We're waiting to hear about ROFR on a contract we're trying to purchase and this thread has provided fantastic info/stats!

ZOINKS is Right!!!!!!! ... as in, I agree-
I spoke to my new guide last week and was told they are now selling OKW for $100 PP! In response to my question as to the 10 point increase in price, he said that they had had a big run on OKW points which warranted a price increase, and no need for incentives; there are also no points available for my UY ( March) and I would have to go on a waitlist....never had to go on a waitlist in the past ...... of course, i was talking to a salesperson- create that sense of urgency...

Thanks for all your work on this, it is always interesting to see the neww stats come out!
popcorn::

In September 2011, more deeds and points were reacquired by Disney Vacation Development (DVD) since December 2010.

DVD seems to have shifted its ROFR efforts from BCV to OKW. No BCV deeds were reacquired, but 9 OKW deeds accounting for 1,895 points were purchased by DVD during the month. Based on information filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller (OCC), the 9 OKW deeds were purchased at prices ranging from $40.00 to $52.00 a point with a weighted average of $46.90 a point.

In the last two months, DVD has reacquired 12 OKW deeds at a weighted average of $46.52. Since DVD is selling OKW for $100.00 a point, it should be realizing a much better turnaround on these OKW points than it realizes on ROFRed BCV deeds, which were being reacquired in the high $70s and low $80s but reselling for only $115 a point. In September 2011, DVD sold 2,127 OKW points.

DVD also reacquired two BLT deeds (440 points) and two SSR deeds (320 points) in September. However, based on the reported Sale/Consideration amount documented by OCC, it appears these deeds were reacquired for the full direct price charged by DVD. Thus, these deeds were probably not reacquired as part of a third party resale transaction but rather due to a buyback for other reasons.

More detailed information about ROFR activity is available at Donald is #1's excellent thread. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42788078&postcount=1340.

0001lc.jpg

Definitely interesting to see the low price OKW's getting taken out. That might be good for keeping resale prices from dropping too low.

Hmmmm.... after reading what you guys have to say about dealing with your guides, I musta got a "plug". No mention of anything other than AKV. Then again, they don't want to take too much time away from your vacation.

In October 2011, Disney Vacation Development (DVD) continued its recent practice of reacquiring Old Key West deeds on the resale market. Of the 12 deeds reacquired in the month, 10 were for OKW. This brings to 22 the number OKW deeds that DVD has ROFRed in the last three months.

Based on information filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller (OCC), the 10 OKW deeds ROFRed in October were purchased at prices ranging from $35.00 to $52.24 a point, with a weighted average of $44.77 a point.

In addition to the OKW deeds, DVD also reacquired a BLT deed for $86.90 a point and a BCV deed for $73.33 a point.

DVD seems to have shifted its ROFR efforts from BCV to OKW. Only one BCV deeds was reacquired, but 9 OKW deeds accounting for 1,895 points were purchased by DVD during the month. Based on information filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller (OCC), the 9 OKW deeds were purchased at prices ranging from $40.00 to $52.00 a point with a weighted average of $46.90 a point.

More detailed information about ROFR activity is available at Donald is #1's excellent thread. See http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1340.

2011.jpg

Thanks for posting - its really interesting to read the ROFR trend over time.

Hopefully the latest data means that mt BCV contract will pass :wizard:

Ruth

Maybe the answer is somewhere in this thread. If so, I apologize. But, why don't you show HHI on your charts? Curious because we made an offer on HHI contract and was sent to ROFR on Dec 5.

Maybe the answer is somewhere in this thread. If so, I apologize. But, why don't you show HHI on your charts? Curious because we made an offer on HHI contract and was sent to ROFR on Dec 5.

The simple answer is: I'm too lazy!

The data on HHI deeds reacquired by DVD is available from the Beaufort County (SC) Register of Deeds (http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp). But I'm tracking a lot of other things right now, and I'm beginning to run out of the spare time that it takes to compile all the data. Tracking HHI deeds ROFRed by DVD is just one of several things that I've put on the back burner.

I've given some thought to actually discontinuing these monthly updates. Donald Is #1's thread on the Buying and Selling Board on ROFR activity is a very useful thread when it comes to monitoring ROFR activity, perhaps even more useful and interesting to the average DVC buyer than my thread. But, at least for the time being, I'll continue updating this thread. In fact, I need to update the data for November. . . which I'll do soon.

Good luck on passing ROFR on your HHI deed! We've been to HHI just once and we really enjoyed it

In November 2011, Disney Vacation Development continued its recent habit of reacquiring Old Key West deeds on the resale market. For the month, DVD reacquired 10 OKW resale deeds containing 1,855 points. According to information filed with the Orange County Comptroller, DVD reacquired these resale deeds at prices ranging from $35.00 to $50.00 a point, with a weighted average of $44.38 per point.

OKW was the only DVC resort that had any resale deeds ROFRed by DVD in the month. Beach Club Villas has had only one resale deed reacquired via ROFR in the last three months. For several months before then, BCV was the primary focus of DVD's ROFR activity.

ROFRNov.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter