MOMS TO TODDLERS (f/k/a the new mom's thread)

Michelle - Yay for new D&B purses! :thumbsup2 And too funny on the FB requests - I think you're right that some people do it just to get more "friends". Meeting up with Christina and Kelly for MVMCP sounds like tons of fun! We really wanted to take a December trip to WDW, but I'm thinking it may be too early for the new baby, and we'll probably be out of vacation time anyway. Maybe next year.

For anyone that didn't see it on FB, we had our big u/s yesterday, and.....

It's a girl!!! princess:

At least the u/s tech was pretty sure. The baby was not in a great position for getting shots, but she moved her around quite a bit and said she couldn't find anything between the legs. She couldn't get a good shot of the "3 lines", but was pretty confident there is nothing else there. So yay for a baby girl! :cheer2:

MickeyShow - Alex only does the pants part by himself maybe 75-80% of the time. It probably helps that it has already been shorts season here for a few weeks, and even with his pants, he is so skinny that he can get them on and off without unbuttoning. But still, he sometimes comes out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles asking me to put them on. Or I just see them come flying out of the bathroom, followed by Alex announcing that he wants to be naked! :rolleyes: The part that actually annoys me most right now is when we have to go to a public restroom and he tries to open the stall door while I am still sitting down, especially when it's a one-room bathroom and the door opens to the public and not just the rest of the bathroom! :eek:

Sara, that cracked me up! :rotfl:I can just see the pants flying out and Alex following... too funny! And a friend of mine gave me this great gadget called "the stall stopper" that I've been using to keep Owen from opening the stall door. It's designed to keep stalls closed when the latch is broken, but it also works to keep toddlers from opening the door.

Michelle, congrats on your sister's pregnancy! How exciting!!

How is your uncle doing?

So William is too funny- last night, he pulls the dirty clothes hamper into the shower stall. he likes trash cans of course and thought it was like a trash can. why he moved it to the shower stall, i don't know. he was just standing in there with it laughing. He's just so cute!!! really makes me want another before it is too late!!!! I'll be 37 in September and DH will be 39 in August. i just hear the clock a ticking. ;)

That is hysterical! Such a funny kid! I just love his creative stunts. :laughing: I'm still about 90% sure we're done with just one, but I'm leaving the door open until I turn 40 (Jan 2012). DH will be 45 then, and we decided that if I wasn't pregnant by then, we'd say the door was officially shut and locked. :) Every so often I think about having #2, but usually by the end of the day I'm so tired with just one that I'm thankful I don't have 2 kiddos that I'm taking care of all the time! ;)

Last week I was playing with Owen when all of a sudden he jumps up, looks around the room, and says "Mama! Where's my sister?!" all surprised. He said it exactly as if he had a sister that was here a minute ago and now was gone. :rotfl:What a nut. We've started telling him that the cats are his siblings, so now he sometimes calls them his kitty sisters or kitty brother.

getting excited for our upcoming trips!! talking with Christina and Kelly about trying to all do MVMCP on the same night in December!!! ;)

That sounds like sooooooo much fun!!! You guys are going to have some great stories to tell. :)

Just back from a purse party with my mom. ITs called MIche bags. Its a really cool concept. You buy a base purse (either black or brown but they are coming out with creme and tan by the end of the year) and you buy the changable "covers" for them that stay on by magnets. So instead of switching purses and changing everything over from one purse to the other...you just change the outside.

A cute thing my nephew did the other day. he called my dad and told him that my dad needs to take his truck with the flashing lights (because my dad was a volunteer fireman until the 1st of this year when he retired from it) and that my dad and nephew need to take it to the volcano to put it out! That kid is way too smart! LOL! My mom thinks his brain never stops working...always thinking! LOL!

That's a great idea for purses! I finally broke down and got a purse that is more functional than fun. I need something with lots of pockets and organizing space these days, and I just couldn't find it in "cute". Finally found an eBags purse that's sturdy, roomy, has oodles of pockets, and it's easy to clean. I'm calling it my "mommy purse". :)

For anyone that didn't see it on FB, we had our big u/s yesterday, and.....

It's a girl!!! princess:

At least the u/s tech was pretty sure. The baby was not in a great position for getting shots, but she moved her around quite a bit and said she couldn't find anything between the legs. She couldn't get a good shot of the "3 lines", but was pretty confident there is nothing else there. So yay for a baby girl! :cheer2:

Yay yay yay and Yay!!! Hooray and congratulations! :goodvibes

So our big excitement around here has been a series of medical mishaps for poor Owen.

First he developed a weird rash that started with a little patch on his inner thigh, and then spread to both legs and worked it way down. About the time it got to his knees, it also popped up on his arms. At first it didn't seem to bug him - he just called it "my bumpies" - and there was no sign of any illness, and the rash didn't behave like an illness - more like a contact allergy/dermatitis. But then it started to itch, so we took him in to the dr. and found out it was a "mysterious toddler rash". :rolleyes: Got him on 1/2 tsp claritin in the am and 1/2 tsp benadryl at night, along with a prescription ointment to stop the itch.

Just as the rash started to disappear early this week, Owen teased Beatrice-kitty and got himself all scratched up. :sad2: She was sitting on her perch looking out the front window and Owen came up behind her. We didn't see what happened, but he either startled her or pushed her off the perch and she got tangled up in the string of the window shade. Poor kitty was hanging by her back leg, freaked out, and in pain. She tried to get a grip on something to get herself free, and Owen's head was the closest thing to her so she latched on with all claws. :eek: Bea as so scared she peed all over everything and threw up. Owen was screaming, and when we finally got him and the cat calmed down and cleaned up, the injury inventory was 4 small deep scratches along his scalp, an assortment of shallow scratches along the sides of his face and cheeks, a couple medium scratches on his eyebrow and a scratch on his eyelid.

Based on previous experiences, we know that anytime we have to go in to the ER with an injury from an animal they have to contact animal control, we opted to have FIL over (a retired dr.) to check Owen out. Animal control costs $100+ to clear the pet, but the animal still ends up with a record with the city and future events could lead to all kinds of trouble. So FIL determined that none of Owen's cuts needed stitches (they had all stopped bleeding by the time he got here), but we needed to watch the eyelid scratch because it was the one place we can't put regular antibiotic ointment, and we would need a prescription to get the eye-safe ointment and FIL can't write prescriptions anymore.

Anyway, to make a long story a little bit shorter ;) :), for a couple days it was looking like we might have to take Owen in to the dr after all, but fortunately the cut has healed up and he's looking a bit scuffed up but okay.

And then tonight DH dropped a box on his own head. :rolleyes: He's got a small divot in his scalp, but it's not horrible.

Any fun Mother's Day plans? Owen keeps telling me that he's doing secrets with Daddy, but it's a surprise so he can't tell me the secrets. And then just as he's about to tell me the surprise, DH swoops in and distracts him. :laughing:

And a friend of mine gave me this great gadget called "the stall stopper" that I've been using to keep Owen from opening the stall door. It's designed to keep stalls closed when the latch is broken, but it also works to keep toddlers from opening the door.

I so need one of those!

Last week I was playing with Owen when all of a sudden he jumps up, looks around the room, and says "Mama! Where's my sister?!" all surprised. He said it exactly as if he had a sister that was here a minute ago and now was gone. :rotfl:What a nut. We've started telling him that the cats are his siblings, so now he sometimes calls them his kitty sisters or kitty brother.[/QUOTE]

Too funny!

Sorry to hear about all of the injuries at your house, I hope Owen is healing well!

I came back from Boston Friday night to a sick Alex, then DH started feeling sick Saturday, so not really a fun mother's day for me. DH gave me my gift before I got out of bed on Saturday though, which is pretty funny. He just can't wait for stuff like that! It was a really pretty heart locket, that is clear and has a little purple heart inside it for Alex's birthstone, then we will add another when this baby is born! :goodvibes

What did everyone else do for Mother's Day? I hope your days were better than mine!

Hi everyone!

Bethany, has Owen recovered from the cat yet? I'm always suprised Christopher hasn't gotten scratched by the cats yet. He's very interested in tails, and why they have them, how they work, etc :)

Pollito - sounds like quite the Mother's day! We went to see my Grandmother, but ended up not staying very long, since Christopher was dead tired, and ugly as sin. It was good to get home, put him to bed, and lay down on the couch for a while. The highlight of excitement, I tell you...

Michelle - that would be cool if all 3 of you can meet up in Disney! I'm so jealous you get to go again at Christmas. We're looking at 2012 for our next trip. We bought DVC with my parents, so they're using this years points, we're banking next years, and then going the year after. Not soon enough!

Christopher has been loving the weather so far. He's totally an outdoor kid so he's been so happy being able to get out and play. We got his swingset up a few weeks ago, and he loves it. He's been watching DH take the old porch off our house and start to replace it. When they called me at lunch time, Christopher had to tell me "Dada broke house. We need new one now." If he only knew :lmao:

Sara, sorry everyone's been sick at your place. That necklace sounds beautiful! DH hardly every gives me jewelry, which mostly is okay, but I do wish he'd think of giving me a necklace like that.

I got a computer game (Puerto Rico - a favorite board game that we used to play with our friends for game nights all the time) and chocolate for mother's day, and DH kept Owen occupied at the mall so I could use an Old Navy gift card and buy some new bras at Macy's. DH gave me a hard time for buying "mommy bras" instead of sexy bras. :laughing: Tough luck - I need something practical so I can keep up with Owen without hating my bra by the end of the day.

Jen, I love Christopher's comment about breaking the house! Hysterical!

Owen has mostly recovered from the cat incident, although he's still got a few scabs. I'm really relieved that the eyelid scratch has healed up so nicely. I felt a little guilty that we didn't take him in to the dr., but it would have been such an ordeal with animal control. So I'm very, very thankful that he didn't get an infection.

He's been only a little more cautious around the cats (I still caught him trying to sit on Alton :rolleyes:), but he does appologize to Beatrice fairly regularly. :laughing: He also talks about it a lot, and will tell everyone and anyone "Beatrice scratched me but she didn't mean to hurt me. She was scared and I didn't mean to hurt her." But we think he might be having bad dreams about it - he's been talking a lot in his sleep and sometimes crying a little, and we occasionally hear him saying "it hurts so much!" or "no don't hurt me!" :sad1: Makes me feel so sad to hear him. He doesn't seem to remember the dreams or be able to talk about them, though.

It's another rainy day here - a little unusual for May in CA. Owen has been a crazy nut child and I've been wishing for a padded room so I could just let him bounce off the walls! I've been at my wits end trying to keep him occupied, but most of our activities have ended with Owen turning into a dragon and everything gets scattered/attacked/destroyed. :sad2: :)

Fortunately he went down for a nap without any trouble, and now I've got a little bit of quiet. With any luck DH will be home by the time Owen wakes up and he can help tame the dragon child!

Okay, so the new bras I bought are turning out to be just as annoying as the last ones. Can't wear the darn things for more than 6 hours without going nuts! :headache: Right now I'm pretty much living in sports bras, which frankly don't do much for shaping and looking good, but are at least comfortable. My shaping bras are so blasted uncomfortable that I can't stand wearing them for more than a couple hours at most.

So anyone have a favorite bra to recommend? I'm admittedly on the small size - 34C or 36B depending on the brand. Made it up to a 36DD while I was nursing, and now I definitely sag a bit. :sad2: Somehow you never think that will happen to you... ;)

Not much time to post here, but Bethany have you been to Nordstrom yet? They are really good at sizing people correctly and finding good bras that are comfortable and fit well. I've never walked away with a bad bra from them :)

My niece was born on Thursday May 13 @ 4:20pm. 6lbs 13 oz 18 1/2 inches long. She is such a little peanut. I can hold her in one arm! I told Caleb that he he was once that small...then I was like...nope you were never that small! LOL! HE wasn't really too interested in her but she barely made a peep so he probably thought she was not there! LOL!

My brother lives close to a Step 2 store so we went there yesterday and Caleb had a blast playing with all the display toys there. We were then going to go to a childrens resale shop to buy the Step 2 welcome home playhouse but she had sold it! Now i think we are going to buy the step 2 naturally playful cottage for him! He loved playing in it at the store!

I now have Caleb napping since yesterday was an incredibly long day for him!

Sara- the necklace sounds really amazing! so sorry everyone was sick though. that really blows. how are you feeling?

Jen- hi! so glad Christopher is getting some outdoor time. it is already starting to get really hot here this week. we had a neighborhood block party yesterday and it was so warm, i had to go in after an hour! so what kind of swingset did you guys get? lol at him saying dada broke the house.

Bethany- lol at the bras. i never buy lacey ones, heck, i need something functional!!! so i am there with you. ;) Maybe our DHs should wear the 'sexy' bra and see how uncomfortable they can be? i buy the basics at Victoria's secret and they are pretty comfy- like the t-shirt style bras. great lift and function, but not uncomfortable for me.

So glad Owen has healed up, poor thing. oh, no, sorry to hear about the bad dreams. sorry you have to deal with more rain too. sounds like you do some pretty amazing activities for him though everyday, but i am sure at some point you run out of ideas.

Jean- hello!!! Yes, i have heard about Nordstrom too on the sizing thing.

Kara- congrats!!!! sounds like you found the perfect step 2 for him now. what else did he like?

nothing much here- just working, on month 5 now at the new job and still okay. William is definitely in the terrible twos. lots of tantrums and NO is his favorite word. He is speaking better, but still has a hard time with certain sounds. we did move him to the toddler bed (just took the front off the crib) and he is doing great so far. we usually read, rock and put him down, then he stays up there reading and playing with his stuffed animals for another 30 minutes or longer until he konks out. I can hear him up there reciting good night moon and the ABCs at the top of his lungs. too funny.

Kara, congrats on your new niece! Glad you've found a play house that you guys like. I'd love to have some kind of climbing thing in the back yard for Owen, but we don't have the space. I am thinking of looking for a used sand & water table, though. We have a small sandbox, but Owen really likes to play with water, too, and it'd be nice to have both available outside.

Michelle, Will reciting ABC's at the top of his lungs is hysterical! :rotfl: I can totally picture that. What a nut!

Owen is in full "I'm 2" mode, too. Lots of "I don't want that!" "I don't want to!" "I can't!" "I won't!" and the ever classic "NO!" He melts down on a moment's notice and we've had a lot more problems with ignoring us or chosing to disobey. Fortunately, he usually calms down if we just let him go in his room and have a binky for a few minutes, and sometimes he even goes and does it without us telling him to do it. He'll be crying and say "I'm going away!" and then runs to his room and slams the door. He'll stay in there for a few minutes, then come out and say "I have a binky to feel better."

That's one thing with all his words - he'll yell at us with things like "I'm mad!" or "I don't like that! Now I'm sad." and our favorite that we try to never laugh at but still sounds funny: "I'm...going...to...go...far....a...way!" said very loudly with much emphasis on each word. Once DH laughed at something Owen said when he was mad, and wow, was Owen REALLY upset at that. He didn't let DH forget that in a hurry.

So my exciting news...I won a free 3 hour house cleaning!!!! So very, very excited! DH is usually very opposed to having cleaners come ever since he had someone 10 years ago who let his cats get out and they ran away. So I won this cleaning and DH wasn't very happy about it, but I called the company and explained and they said I could stay home to supervise and make sure the cats don't get out. I'm totally looking forward to having someone else clean my house for once!

That necklace sounds beautiful! DH hardly every gives me jewelry, which mostly is okay, but I do wish he'd think of giving me a necklace like that.

Don't be too impressed with my DH. My sister picked out the necklace, and probably even bought it. DH probably just gave her the money. :rotfl2: I know because my mom received the same one for her mother's day present! :rotfl:

So anyone have a favorite bra to recommend? I'm admittedly on the small size - 34C or 36B depending on the brand.

I'm even smaller - 34B when not pregnant, and I'm also a Victoria's Secret girl. I really like the Angels line and the Body line is comfortable too, more what I wear while pregnant, since the pretty ones are harder to find when you get bigger. :lmao:

My niece was born on Thursday May 13 @ 4:20pm. 6lbs 13 oz 18 1/2 inches long.

Congratulation - love that new baby smell! :goodvibes Can't wait to hold my little peanut in my arms! :cloud9:

Sara- the necklace sounds really amazing! so sorry everyone was sick though. that really blows. how are you feeling?

Feeling much better now, thank you. I think the fresh air did good, though I was really tired most days. Between DL and DH's family being "night people" I was way off my normal sleep schedule.

nothing much here- just working, on month 5 now at the new job and still okay. William is definitely in the terrible twos. lots of tantrums and NO is his favorite word. He is speaking better, but still has a hard time with certain sounds. we did move him to the toddler bed (just took the front off the crib) and he is doing great so far. we usually read, rock and put him down, then he stays up there reading and playing with his stuffed animals for another 30 minutes or longer until he konks out. I can hear him up there reciting good night moon and the ABCs at the top of his lungs. too funny.

Sounds like Will is doing great, glad that he is speaking better. Alex likes to shout his ABCs too, but he ends them different. "Now YOU know MY ABCs, next time YOU WILL sing with me." :lmao: Really shows off his strong personality! :lmao:

Owen is in full "I'm 2" mode, too. Lots of "I don't want that!" "I don't want to!" "I can't!" "I won't!" and the ever classic "NO!" He melts down on a moment's notice and we've had a lot more problems with ignoring us or chosing to disobey.

So my exciting news...I won a free 3 hour house cleaning!!!!

Ahh, the terrible twos. Unfortunately for us, 3 was even worse than 2 sometimes. :sad2: He's easier to reason with, but also melts down more when he doesn't get his way.

So exciting to win the house cleaning - I would LOVE that!!

Checking in! Will comment on posts a bit later, I need to go grocery shopping soon.

Does anyone's little 'darling', scream when things are not going their way? The scream is that pitch that can send you into outter space! Or or throwing things when life isn't going their way? I am ready to slam my head into a wall.

We've tried time out's (my choice) and spanking (which I don't like) and nothing seems to be working right now. My husband choses to ignore it/ I think it is just a phase, but today, we're going through this every 10-15 minutes, something ticks him off (99% of the time I think he screams just to scream).

Oh nice, I am typing and he says "shuddup mom" out of no where. I thought the 2's were bad. Nothing compared to this.

Rachel - you are so not alone on the screaming thing! I wonder if Aiden and Alex are trying to hear each other over the 60? :lmao: Luckily with Alex, it is not a daily occurrence, but more of a problem when he is over-tired. We also do the time-outs (me) and spanking (DH), but neither seems to work. If we ignore it until he gets it out of his system, he usually calms down and falls asleep.

Last weekend one day, he was on my nerves all day with the screaming, and I put him in time-out on a couch in the front room with no toys. After a few minutes of screaming and fighting, he layed down on the couch, sucked his thumb and fell asleep for 1.5 hours! :faint:

3 is WAY worse than 2! :sad2:

Hello everyone!!! I hope everyone is doing well. :grouphug:

It has been so long since I've been on here. Dh and I are both back in school, so I have been busy. Plus, I'm still helping MIL with her business. We are still hoping to move back north, but we haven't found anything yet. :(

If you tell Spencer not to do something, he will look at you and scream (it's so loud I am amazed it doesn't break glass) then he will run and laugh. :sad2:

He also has full on meltdowns. Today for instance, we went into Subway. He didn't want us holding him, so I let him down, but told him he had to hold my hand. He didn't like that, so he picked his legs off the ground and was hanging from my hand. I told him to be good or we were going to the car. Well, the screaming and kicking started, so we went to the car. He screamed and tried to smack me the whole way there.

I hate going out to eat with him. He doesn't want to sit in the highchair, but if you let him out, he wants to climb under the table. We usually end up sitting in the car. :guilty:

I swear nothing works; he just doesn't care. If 3 is worse than this :scared1:

He still isn't saying a ton (turned 2 in March), but he understands everything we say. He does say animal sounds; that counts for something, right? :laughing: I'm trying not to be worried, but I'm wondering if I should have him evaluated?

One of the things we learned in my Early Childhood Ed courses is that children are more tantrum prone when they are going through a developmental change. They're struggling with integrating their new abilities and also realizing more of their limitations, and of course they can't communicate all of that. Honestly, I think it's a lot like the teen years - they're testing their limits and ours and don't know how to explain everything they're feeling and thinking.

Owen is also in that major meltdown/tantrum/willful disobedience stage. I had what I thought was a great outing planned - walk downtown, get ice cream, then go eat the ice cream at the train station where we could watch trains, buses AND it's right under the flight path so there's airplanes coming in to land overhead. After ice cream, we could walk over to the park near there and ride the merry-go-round if it was open, or just play if it was closed. Anyway, to do all this I first had to stop at the ATM. On the walk to the ATM, Owen started to TOTALLY freak out. By the time we got there, he was screaming and kicking in his stroller and having a total fit. I told him that if he couldn't settle down, we'd just go home and skip the fun stuff. He majorly freaked over that, and got even more ramped up, so I turned around and had to walk all the way back home with a shrieking, yelling, crying, screaming boy. :headache: About 3 blocks from home he settled down and said sorry, but I had to stick with what I'd said and had to go home and find ways to keep Captain Crabby Pants occupied for the rest of the morning.

Some of our biggest melt downs lately are over binkies. For the last 6+ months I've had the rule that Owen only can have a binky in bed or his car seat, or if he's in childcare somewhere and upset. If we're at home and he's upset, he's supposed to go to his bed and have a binky. He can read in bed, play with toys in bed, whatever, but the binky stays in bed. Well lately he's really been pushing this boundry and I'll catch him all over the house with binkies. When I tell him to put the binkies back in bed, we end up with a huge melt down. He wants to have the binky and watch TV, or have the binky while he plays with trucks or builds blocks. He even wants to have one while he's eating. I'm constantly telling him to take it out when he's talking to us in the car or from his bed. I'd LOVE to just get rid of the binkies completely, but right now it's the ONLY thing that calms him down when he's having a fit. Seriously, if I'd had a binky to give him on that disasterous walk, he'd most likely have calmed down in less than a minute. :sad2: DH says to just let him have the binkies all the time and he'll eventually give it up when he's ready, but I have visions of him at age 5 wanting to take the blasted thing to kindergarten.

Owen's got a major cold here, and wow, is life miserable for everyone. He had a fever on Sunday and Monday, and Monday evening the fever went away but he developed croup (again) so he's been coughing a ton, especially at night. He's not sleeping well, which means we're not sleeping well. And we ran out of the juice he likes, but the stores closest to us don't carry it, and DH's work schedule is so crazy he hasn't been able to get out to get it, so now Owen doesn't want to drink anything. Sigh. Normally Owen would drink whatever we give him - any juice, milk, water, etc. - but right now he only wants orange colored V-8 fusion juice. We can get the strawberry-banana v-8 fusion in the stores near us, but he refuses to drink the pink juice today. :headache: I bought him OJ and mixed that in, but it's still not the right juice. Amazing how a cold can turn a child into a bundle of crabbiness. :sick: He must really feel yucky. I'm just hoping I don't get it, too, although I suppose that's inevitable given how much time I've spent holding this little bundle of germs in the last 4 days.

How are you guys all doing? Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend?

Bethany - sorry to hear Owen is not feeling well. Alex gets the same way when he is sick, and will throw a tantrum if we don't have what he wants to drink (he also loves the orange v-8 fusion btw - which can be hard to find!), but after he calms down he realizes he is even more thirsty and agrees to drink what we have. And I've so been there, carrying a kicking, screaming child out of a store, home from the park, etc.

I was going to buy him 1 little matchbox car at the store this weekend, but he wanted to get 2. I told him to pick 1, so he did, but then he said he wanted candy too. I said no candy, just 1 car, so he kicked me in the behind! :scared1::mad: So he got nothing.

Amber - sounds like you have been really busy with school, work, and Spencer. We don't go out to eat with Alex often either, b/c he just can't sit still long enough to enjoy a meal out. If you are worried about Spencer's speech, I would ask his pediatrician at the next appointment if he is where he should be. I think quite a few of the ladies on here have had their sons evaluated, but it hasn't been too busy here lately. My SIL's son was in EI from the time he turned 2, and it has really done wonders for him. His speech has improved soo much in the past year.

We had a very busy Memorial Day weekend. I registered at BRU on Saturday (got a free gift card for doing it!), even though I don't think we'll have a shower since Alex is only 3 and we still have all of his big stuff. Then we had 2 b-day parties to go to that day, 1 with a petting zoo, and 1 where they didn't even cut the cake until 10 PM - for a 5 year old! :eek: We left at 11 and the party was still going strong with tons of little kids running around outside!

Then Sunday we went to a BBQ/pool party at my cousin's house, which he is losing in a few months. :sad2: I am so sad for them. They have 3 kids (12-16) and a beautiful house, but he has been out of work for over a year. He had work for the first year, but no pay. He has been driving a cab to bring in some money, but it's not enough to save the house. The sad part is, just a few years ago he was making well into 6 figures, but didn't put enough away in savings. I wish there was something we could do, but we don't have that kind of money either.

How was everyone else's weekend?

hey ladies, just dropping in a quick hello- will have to read and catch up this weekend. It's been crazy busy at work- super stressed out and busy. travelled to San Fran last week for one night, what a beating that was. plus my coworker was out last week and this week for her wedding/honeymoon- so not only am i swamped as it is, but then i got stuck with her folks emailing me for help on stuff too. ugh. ready for a 'break'!!!

William is doing great- it was so sweet- this am he said 'mama stay home, william stay home- no school'..........oh how i wish kiddo. he is loving sleeping in his toddler bed now too. we cannot get him to nap anymore though on the weekends, with such an unpredictable weekend schedule with all our activities (family gtgs, water park etc.), we are just on the go and can't stay on a schedule, so it is impossible to get him down. we try, but he won't nap. So it hink we are forgoing the weekend naps now. at what age did you stop doing naps completely? he still gets them at day care for 2 hours each day. He is also still a bit slow in speech, but i am not too worried about it, i know he will catch up soon. he has come a long way already and does speak in sentences, but just leaves out words here and there. he is obsessed with his numbers and ABCs now too.

anyhow i hope you guys are good- i've been keeping up with all of the "owen-isms" on FB - he is just simply adorable and so smart! Sara- hope you are feeling okay these days. AShley- married? Congrats- i love it and so glad you are happy and you looked so beautiful!!!!! Kelly- how's our little Beckman doing? love all teh pics of the boys enjoying summer. how was going back to work?

made our ADRs for our Dec trip and can't wait!!!!!!!!

well gotta get some shut eye for another crazy day at work. just wanted to drop in, say hi and i haven't forgotten you guys!!!

William is doing great- it was so sweet- this am he said 'mama stay home, william stay home- no school'..........oh how i wish kiddo. he is loving sleeping in his toddler bed now too. we cannot get him to nap anymore though on the weekends, with such an unpredictable weekend schedule with all our activities (family gtgs, water park etc.), we are just on the go and can't stay on a schedule, so it is impossible to get him down. we try, but he won't nap. So it hink we are forgoing the weekend naps now. at what age did you stop doing naps completely? he still gets them at day care for 2 hours each day.

Hi Michelle - sounds like you've been really busy! I can't take it when Alex begs me to stay home like that. It's rare, but it's so sweet! :lovestruc We're also not really doing weekend naps anymore, unless Alex happens to fall asleep in the car, that will serve as his nap. We are still doing 1-3 hour naps most weekdays too. I won't cut naps completely until he stops taking them. There are some days on weekends where even if we are home he resists the nap and we will sit and read books or watch a movie to have some down time.

Last Sunday evening he fell asleep in the car (less than a 10 minute ride) on the way home from my mom's. It was 6:30 PM already, but we put him on the couch and he slept til 8:00 when DH started vacuuming! Luckily he "helped" DH clean the house then went back to bed at 10. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter