Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just personal preference. I never use the liquid kind, getting it in during the right cycle would never happen for me. I've always used dryer sheets, not exactly the same thing, but way easier to remember. :goodvibes

We've got one of those fancy HE washer/dryers so I put the stuff in and forget until it goes crazy beeping at me. Not sure I would know what cycle to put it in on if I had to do it after the clothes were already washing?? :confused3

I use both, I'm weird. I like soft stuff.
I've heard you're not supposed to use it though on babies stuff and just wanted to check before I started washing things.
Thanks. :goodvibes

We've got one of those fancy HE washer/dryers so I put the stuff in and forget until it goes crazy beeping at me. Not sure I would know what cycle to put it in on if I had to do it after the clothes were already washing?? :confused3

I use both, I'm weird. I like soft stuff.
I've heard you're not supposed to use it though on babies stuff and just wanted to check before I started washing things.
Thanks. :goodvibes

As a rule I don't use fabric softener on the baby things... but I have on occassion either as an 'oops' or just cuz I thought it needed to be 'fresher'.. lol
Nothin has broke out on baby yet! ;)

Hey guys! Just got in from the doctor a bit ago!

Just wanted to clarify before I talk about the apt. DH bought a Plymouth Prowler-- not Dodge Viper-- as you can see, I dont know my cars. I just knew it was a sports car that we had driven before- one like one his dad had owned... and i thought it was a Viper. My mistake. LOL I only know i made the mistake because last night i was in bed and said that if we were having a girl, we would have to be paying for a wedding one day- so he would need to go ahead and sell the Viper now.. and start earning some interest on the money;). Thats when I was quickly corrected and told just exactly what kind of car it was.

So we get to the doctor and wait in the waiting room. DH stopped at Hardees and I hate half a sausage biscuit (By the way- their new potato things are terrible... FYI). So we get back in the u/s room and she says "Is there something wrong? Why are you here at 18w. Was your apt a 4wk apt and they scheduled you 2w early?" I said "no..."... then she says "do you see the dr today"... I said "no..." She said "Oh, we've just never done a gender/anatomy scan this early in pregnancy before. We always wait until 20w." DH goes on to tell her that i used to work at that office as an employee-- i know my dr really well, and requested one this early because we were eager to know the sex. So she somewhat understood- but was still surprised that we were doing it this soon.

Anyhoo- she gets in there and tells us that little babys legs are held together, but she will try and move them in a bit. So we shows us everything on the baby, which was really neat. At first the baby wasnt moving (i knew it would be a problem this early in the morning)-- but then... we saw movement. The hand looked like it was trying to beat the u/s hand held thing off of him. SO cute! Then she says "You see that"... I say "Is that a *****?" and she says "100% BOY!" And I lose it. I just start balling. It was such an emotional moment. At that moment-- i knew I was bringing another life into this world-- and it wasnt an "It" anymore.... He was a boy! DH starts crying too. I swear, ive never seen him cry. We both thought it was going to be a girl- we have a lot of girls in both of our families-- but our families were really rooting for boys (to make up for the lack). We didnt care what it was to be honest- but we are both EXSTATIC!

I did want to add that the baby was turned an odd way so it was hard to get a good look at things. Head down, feet upward, and turned backward (we got a good look at the back of the head- lol). It was hard to see things and since i wasnt as far along as most, i wouldnt see as much. We are just happy to know everything is going well and everything looked perfect. The baby weighs 9 ounces and she said that was on point.

Here is the face and body. If you visually try and look at the u/s photo sideways (im terrible at reading these and DH had to help me- so i figure some ofyou might have trouble too) The head is on top and you can see the body and spine.
18w2dFaceBody.jpg

His little feet (I still have a hard time making this one out- but DH sees it)
18w2dFeet.jpg

And his manly parts!
scan0002.jpg

Piecey- I love that ottoman and glider. Cant wait to show it to DH. Now we can buy that stuff!!

Hey guys! Just got in from the doctor a bit ago!

Just wanted to clarify before I talk about the apt. DH bought a Plymouth Prowler-- not Dodge Viper-- as you can see, I dont know my cars. I just knew it was a sports car that we had driven before- one like one his dad had owned... and i thought it was a Viper. My mistake. LOL I only know i made the mistake because last night i was in bed and said that if we were having a girl, we would have to be paying for a wedding one day- so he would need to go ahead and sell the Viper now.. and start earning some interest on the money;). Thats when I was quickly corrected and told just exactly what kind of car it was.

So we get to the doctor and wait in the waiting room. DH stopped at Hardees and I hate half a sausage biscuit (By the way- their new potato things are terrible... FYI). So we get back in the u/s room and she says "Is there something wrong? Why are you here at 18w. Was your apt a 4wk apt and they scheduled you 2w early?" I said "no..."... then she says "do you see the dr today"... I said "no..." She said "Oh, we've just never done a gender/anatomy scan this early in pregnancy before. We always wait until 20w." DH goes on to tell her that i used to work at that office as an employee-- i know my dr really well, and requested one this early because we were eager to know the sex. So she somewhat understood- but was still surprised that we were doing it this soon.

Anyhoo- she gets in there and tells us that little babys legs are held together, but she will try and move them in a bit. So we shows us everything on the baby, which was really neat. At first the baby wasnt moving (i knew it would be a problem this early in the morning)-- but then... we saw movement. The hand looked like it was trying to beat the u/s hand held thing off of him. SO cute! Then she says "You see that"... I say "Is that a *****?" and she says "100% BOY!" And I lose it. I just start balling. It was such an emotional moment. At that moment-- i knew I was bringing another life into this world-- and it wasnt an "It" anymore.... He was a boy! DH starts crying too. I swear, ive never seen him cry. We both thought it was going to be a girl- we have a lot of girls in both of our families-- but our families were really rooting for boys (to make up for the lack). We didnt care what it was to be honest- but we are both EXSTATIC!

Here is the face and body. If you visually try and look at the u/s photo sideways (im terrible at reading these and DH had to help me- so i figure some ofyou might have trouble too) The head is on top and you can see the body and spine.
18w2dFaceBody.jpg

His little feet (I still have a hard time making this one out- but DH sees it)
18w2dFeet.jpg

And his manly parts!
scan0002.jpg

Piecey- I love that ottoman and glider. Cant wait to show it to DH. Now we can buy that stuff!!

aww..you made me cry, soo happy for you. It's always emotional when you find out what it is...regardless of the gender!! Just soo happy that everything is moving like it should :)

And....haha how the DIS didn't let you post the 'manly parts'...

aww..you made me cry, soo happy for you. It's always emotional when you find out what it is...regardless of the gender!! Just soo happy that everything is moving like it should :)

And....haha how the DIS didn't let you post the 'manly parts'...

Haha. I wrote the politically correct term for "manly parts" on the file on my comp... so i had to go back and upload a seperate file without that word on it so that i could show the photo- lol!

pirate: Congrats to you and your DH on your BOY !!!! pirate:

My DS (2 1/2) is a total Momma's Boy and I love it, as I know you will. Now get to shopping for that little guy! What are the boy names you have picked so far?

pirate: Congrats to you and your DH on your BOY !!!! pirate:

My DS (2 1/2) is a total Momma's Boy and I love it, as I know you will. Now get to shopping for that little guy! What are the boy names you have picked so far?

We haven't picked out ANY. I know, crazy. Everyone has asked and we have been so overwhelmed. Our first house which we rented out to a family burned completely down in January, so Jan and Feb was consumed by that, then we put in a pool in March, and this is April- we simply havent had time to even think about it. We figured we would narrow down half the names in the universe by simply finding out the gender-- then work with the half thats left. LOL. We have a lot to think about soon!

There is a run of boys on here lately.

I wonder if Scornelius has had the baby yet, her due date was April 12 and she has not checked in.

Valerie, are you going to find out the sex of the twins? If so when?
Sorry if you already mentioned this my brain is mush lately.

Ann

Congrats on your little BOY, Maggie!!!:cool1:

Thank you, Thank you!! Its amazing what one u/s can do. Its like it makes everything seem so much more real-- especially to SEE something moving around. I always knew there was something in there, living- but it wasnt as real to me until today.

Maggie~

Yay for another boy!!! I really thought we were having a girl too as I have only girls in my family and I was so shocked to find out I was having a boy! I was a little in denial because all the girl stuff was so cute. But now I have all my airplane stuff and I am really into this boy thing!!!

I don't know why the tech gave you a hard time, we found out at 16 weeks and 4 days and it was clear as day he was 100% boy lol.

Have you chosen a name yet?

We have finally chosen a name after 19 weeks lol!! Landon Michael :cool1:

Maggie~

Yay for another boy!!! I really thought we were having a girl too as I have only girls in my family and I was so shocked to find out I was having a boy! I was a little in denial because all the girl stuff was so cute. But now I have all my airplane stuff and I am really into this boy thing!!!

I don't know why the tech gave you a hard time, we found out at 16 weeks and 4 days and it was clear as day he was 100% boy lol.

Have you chosen a name yet?

Thanks!
I know-- isnt the girl stuff so cute? Dresses and cutesy things. I have quite a bit of girl stuff stashed away. Oh well-- im sure it being DH's baby, it will still wear some pink (not early on-- but DH loves his pink dress shirts with the ties).

No names yet-- we wanted to wait until we found out what we are having. Makes for a lot less choices!!

You must keep me updated on you. Only being a week apart-- and both with a boy-- ill be asking you lots of questions!

We haven't picked out ANY. ... We figured we would narrow down half the names in the universe by simply finding out the gender-- then work with the half thats left. LOL. We have a lot to think about soon!
My wife and I have pretty much agreed on a girl's name. However, we can't come to terms on a boy's name and I have been no help, basically shooting down all of her suggestions without offering many good ones of my own. She really wants us to figure it out, but I have taken the position that we can just wait until we know the sex. If it's a girl, we're set and don't have to haggle over a boy name.

... We have finally chosen a name after 19 weeks lol!! Landon Michael :cool1:
That's a fine name.

Were you the one who posted the Bonanza question the other day?

WHOA! I missed this part! I didnt see it until Sbell quoted you. Landon Michael! I LOVE IT! I LOVE Landon! Gosh-- now I cant use that one! LOL. Such a cute name!

My wife and I have pretty much agreed on a girl's name. However, we can't come to terms on a boy's name and I have been no help, basically shooting down all of her suggestions without offering many good ones of my own. She really wants us to figure it out, but I have taken the position that we can just wait until we know the sex. If it's a girl, we're set and don't have to haggle over a boy name.

Thats a good idea. Its just so hard. It was one last unnecessary thing i had to worry myself over. Except now that im almost halfway, i feel like ive wasted half of this time when i should have been thinking of a boy name (but who knew, right?). 20 some off weeks is still a while to think about it I guess.

Melissa, nice name! Congrats on finally coming to a successful agreement. Boys names always gave DH and I a hard time. I like your choice.

Okay, household chores seem to be kicking me in the butt lately. I feel good but just real tired. Today I cleaned the shower...the chore I hate the most. Now I feel like napping when DS does. When is this 'nesting' thing suppose to kick in...I have so much to do.

Valerie, are you going to find out the sex of the twins? If so when?
Sorry if you already mentioned this my brain is mush lately.

Ann

Yep U/S appt is on MONDAY morning. Hopefully I'll have time to report back on here during the day, Monday afternoon, we have my son's IEP meeting. Busy day.

Yep U/S appt is on MONDAY morning. Hopefully I'll have time to report back on here during the day, Monday afternoon, we have my son's IEP meeting. Busy day.

Ok, I will make a mental note...can't wait to hear your double news!!!!
Post when you can, and good luck with DS's IEP.

On names.... We've been waiting to find out genders to really put a lot of brainpower in thinking about names. DH likes Michaela for a girl (FIL's name is Michael) nickname Kailee (any Firefly fans 'round here?) and also Kathleen, which is the name of a sister that FIL had that died before he (FIL) was born. If we have 2 girls it could be Kailee & Katie (or Kathy.) I'm not completely sold, but they're not bad.

Boys names, I have less clue on. Once I know if I'm naming any boys I'll really think about it.

When my son was born, we hadn't yet decided on a name. Daniel was on our short list, but not decided. Brendan (and Brandon) were also on our short list, but in the hospital Daniel won out. We felt like he needed a name ASAP, as he was getting transferred to another hospital with a NICU& we didn't want him alone in another hospital without even a name.

Since then one of DH's cousins (same last name) named his sons Brendan & Sean, so those names are out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter