• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Mommy, is this Disney World?" - *We're Back!* October 1-9 2011 PTR

Hi,

I saw your post on the budge board a few days ago about reward tv and came over to find out about it. Your daughter is adorable. I never even heard of Garden Grove and now am considering adding it to our trip in October we are going October 29th and either staying 4 or 8 nights. It is still up in the air because we did a 8 day trip in January. We are going to do the Halloween Party for the first time.

Hi,

I saw your post on the budge board a few days ago about reward tv and came over to find out about it. Your daughter is adorable. I never even heard of Garden Grove and now am considering adding it to our trip in October we are going October 29th and either staying 4 or 8 nights. It is still up in the air because we did a 8 day trip in January. We are going to do the Halloween Party for the first time.

I know Garden Grove isn't one of the more popular character meals, but my DH loves buffets, and I've heard great things about the interaction between the kids and Pluto/Goofy. I don't know if we're going to be able to keep it with our budget change, but we will see. I wanted to let you know that Garden Grove used to be on restaurant.com (not sure if it still is), and you could get a $25 certificate for as low as $2.

So sorry I keep posting random things, but I just had to share this! My dad uses a website called restaurant.com to buy gift certificates for going out to eat! I was messing around on the site just now and you can buy a $25 gift certificate for $10 for Garden Grove!! There are a couple of other Disney restaurants with gift certificates for sale, but I just wanted to share!! Again, sorry for posting random comments.

Thanks for the heads-up. I actually got one for Garden Grove and HOB for $2 a piece a while back. And I love your random posts ;)

So, completely unexpectedly, I had a phone interview with an online school here in Indianapolis. I am hoping to hear back about a face-to-face interview within the next couple of days.

If I get hired, it may mess up my vacation schedule (we may have to shorten our trip, but we will get to fly, so it would pretty much even out), however, we would have much more $ to work with, and we would be able to start paying off all of our debt. After pretty much being out of work for almost 2 years, this would be such an amazing thing!

We also had a garage sale this weekend, and made about $150 to put towards our trip :cool1:

Miss P. starts school on Monday, and I'll be sure to upload some pics of her on her 1st day :goodvibes

So, completely unexpectedly, I had a phone interview with an online school here in Indianapolis. I am hoping to hear back about a face-to-face interview within the next couple of days.

If I get hired, it may mess up my vacation schedule (we may have to shorten our trip, but we will get to fly, so it would pretty much even out), however, we would have much more $ to work with, and we would be able to start paying off all of our debt. After pretty much being out of work for almost 2 years, this would be such an amazing thing!

We also had a garage sale this weekend, and made about $150 to put towards our trip :cool1:

Miss P. starts school on Monday, and I'll be sure to upload some pics of her on her 1st day :goodvibes

I am loving your PTR so far :thumbsup2 I teach online pt, and I do like it alot. The only issue I have ever encountered is having to do a bit of work while on vacation. But on the bright side, I am on vacation, so taking a bit of time out to do that, normally isnt too bad. Best of luck to you :thumbsup2

I am loving your PTR so far :thumbsup2 I teach online pt, and I do like it alot. The only issue I have ever encountered is having to do a bit of work while on vacation. But on the bright side, I am on vacation, so taking a bit of time out to do that, normally isnt too bad. Best of luck to you :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the PTR so far....I have enjoyed writing it. I can't wait to actually write my Trip Report when we're finished. I would be fine with working on vacation, since I AM on vacation :goodvibes

BTW, your two little ones are adorable!

Can't wait to hear how the face to face interview goes! Is Paisley really old enough to start school? She looks so little! Can't wait to see pictures of her on her first day!

Can't wait to hear how the face to face interview goes! Is Paisley really old enough to start school? She looks so little! Can't wait to see pictures of her on her first day!

She's starting preschool....she will be 3 in November :goodvibes

Are you ready for her to start school or do you wish she would just stay young? I know that my mom wished we would just "stay little forever"!

I'm excited because I know she's excited, but it also causes me to have a mild panic attack when I think about being away from her all day :rolleyes:

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the PTR so far....I have enjoyed writing it. I can't wait to actually write my Trip Report when we're finished. I would be fine with working on vacation, since I AM on vacation :goodvibes

BTW, your two little ones are adorable!

Thanks so much :goodvibes

So, I just got a call this afternoon that I have a face-to-face interview for the online teaching job! I am very nervous/excited. I will have to find Paisley a new daycare to go to because this job is on the other side of town, and I'm worried that we will have to shorten and/or postpone our trip, but we really need another income, so I guess we'll just roll with it. I will let you all know how it goes! :goodvibes

Hi! Just came across you PTR!! It's great! How are the plans going? Did you get that job? I'm anxious to hear how the trip will go with your DD. We have a trip planned for Oct of next year. Our DD will be almost 3 years old by then. And I will also have a 7 month old by then! (I'm pg now!) I'm very excited about taking my children to WDW for the first time, but I am nervous at the same time! Well, can't wait to hear an update!! Hope all is well!

Hi! Just came across you PTR!! It's great! How are the plans going? Did you get that job? I'm anxious to hear how the trip will go with your DD. We have a trip planned for Oct of next year. Our DD will be almost 3 years old by then. And I will also have a 7 month old by then! (I'm pg now!) I'm very excited about taking my children to WDW for the first time, but I am nervous at the same time! Well, can't wait to hear an update!! Hope all is well!

Thanks for joining us! The plans are back on track. I didn't get the job, which is good and bad. Good because I know that we will still be able to keep our Disney plans as they are, bad because we could have used the extra $.

October is a wonderful time to visit Disney, especially for your first trip! Congrats on your second child too! We haven't decided if we want to cross that bridge or not ;)

Our DD has been to Disney several times since she was 6 weeks old, and we've always had a great time, so don't let the thought of taking a baby scare you off. And no matter what, go to the Halloween Party. It is a blast for all ages and well worth the extra $. Let me know if you have any other questions (especially after our trip), and I'll give you any tips I can!

As promised, here are some pics of P's First Day of Preschool. She's been having a hard time the past few weeks with all of the changes going on. We've closed the daycare, so she doesn't have her friends here everyday, and because of my job situation we weren't sure where she was going to go to school. I could just tell she's very agitated. So on the way to school the first day she says, "So you're just going to drop me off and I'll go inside by myself?" My heart broke! I said, "No, Paisley! Mommy will take you inside EVERY day, and I will be back after lunch." Poor kid. After she realized she wasn't on her own, she was fine, and she's loved it every day since :)

PaisleySchool2011006-1.jpg

Showing off her bookbag.

PaisleySchool2011008-1.jpg

Paisley and Daddy outside the school.

PaisleySchool2011010-1.jpg

Paisley standing by her bag hook.

PaisleySchool2011011-1.jpg

Mommy and Paisley waiting for school to start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter