"Mommy, is this Disney World?" - *We're Back!* October 1-9 2011 PTR

I have been reading on the Family Threads about how to keep kids entertained in long lines, and I've picked up a few items lately that I hope will help to that end.

These are from the Dollar Store - Set of Princesses (need to get Cindy still) and Pop Rings.
FourthofJuly006-1.jpg

These I found at the Christmas Tree Shops - Two packs with pages, crayons, and stickers and Little Einsteins coloring pages (for the condo).
FourthofJuly051-1.jpg

I also got some Bobble bottles for DH and I for practically free online (the pink one is mine)
Disney002-1.jpg

We are staying at Orange Lake, and our plan is to eat two out of three meals each day there. I have been "stockpiling" items that I get weekly for free (or close to it). These are all the items I have so far - and none of them expire before October (DH was worried, so I check expiration dates) :goodvibes
Disney001-1.jpg

Sunday - Garden Grove at 8PM

Monday -
Hollywood & Vine at 1PM
Tacos at the Condo for Dinner

Tuesday -
Rainforest Cafe at 1PM
Spaghetti at the Condo for Dinner

Wednesday -
Crystal Palace at 8:15 for Breakfast
Snacks at the Park for Lunch
Chicken Nuggets/Wings and Fries for Dinner at the Condo

Thursday -
Biergarten at 1PM
Sloppy Joes for Dinner at the Condo

Friday -
Earl of Sandwich for Lunch
Pizza at the Condo for Dinner

Of course....meals at the condo are subject to change should DD not need to leave for naps....we will plow on through at the parks if that is the case.

Love the pictures from the 4th! Paisley is adorable! All of the plans sound great and it looks like you have some good ADRs too!

Love the pictures from the 4th! Paisley is adorable! All of the plans sound great and it looks like you have some good ADRs too!

Thank you.....we had so much fun this weekend! I know some of our ADR's have had mixed reviews, but it's what worked best for our family, so we're going with it.

Thank you.....we had so much fun this weekend! I know some of our ADR's have had mixed reviews, but it's what worked best for our family, so we're going with it.

We've been to Hollywood and Vine (loved it, especially the desserts!), Crystal Palace (great as well; Paisley will love it!) and Earl of Sandwich (another great place!). Biergarten was on the list for this trip, but got cut out and we've been to the Rainforest Cafe, just not at Disney World. I give all of your choices a thumbs up! :thumbsup2

So, I just got a text message from the only parent whose child attends full-time that they are moving and she is no longer coming....effective immediately. That is pretty much ALL my Disney Fund $. :scared1:

It looks like we may have to majorly revamp our Disney plans, and not in a good way :sad1:

So, I just got a text message from the only parent whose child attends full-time that they are moving and she is no longer coming....effective immediately. That is pretty much ALL my Disney Fund $. :scared1:

It looks like we may have to majorly revamp our Disney plans, and not in a good way :sad1:

Oh no! :sad1: Keep us posted with what's going on. I hope everything works out in the end.

Oh no! I hope you find someone to fill that slot soon. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I have changed our budget, and although I'm not necessarily happy about it, we cand deal :goodvibes

I have been hitting the road and filling out teaching applications, so hopefully I'll be able to have a real teaching job this year. If not, we will figure something out!

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I have changed our budget, and although I'm not necessarily happy about it, we cand deal :goodvibes

I have been hitting the road and filling out teaching applications, so hopefully I'll be able to have a real teaching job this year. If not, we will figure something out!

How does the budget change affect your plans?

How does the budget change affect your plans?

I did an update on my Budget page in the PTR, but basically, we would not do MNSSHP, we would cut our souvie budget in half, cut our budget for food while driving in half, and trade two meals in (Garden Grove and Biergarten) for the Princess breakfast in Norway.

I did an update on my Budget page in the PTR, but basically, we would not do MNSSHP, we would cut our souvie budget in half, cut our budget for food while driving in half, and trade two meals in (Garden Grove and Biergarten) for the Princess breakfast in Norway.

Oh...sorry, I guess I didn't look there. If it's any consolation, we LOVED the Princess breakfast in Norway! You could think of it as more touring time, because you can do stuff while you would have been eating at both Biergarten and Garden Grill.

Just found your PTR...very nice!!

As a home daycare provider myself, I know how this is. :sad2: I don't know how your town is, but I have had lots of calls for before/after school care with school starting back up in 6 weeks. Maybe you could pick up a school ager or 2? Good luck and hope everything works out!

Oh...sorry, I guess I didn't look there. If it's any consolation, we LOVED the Princess breakfast in Norway! You could think of it as more touring time, because you can do stuff while you would have been eating at both Biergarten and Garden Grill.

I am actually excited about the Princess breakfast - I know Paisley will love it. Garden Grill was just going to be on our arrival night as a "Welcome to Disney" experience, and Biergarten is a family tradition, but we will have fun no matter what :thumbsup2

As a home daycare provider myself, I know how this is. :sad2: I don't know how your town is, but I have had lots of calls for before/after school care with school starting back up in 6 weeks. Maybe you could pick up a school ager or 2? Good luck and hope everything works out!

Our issue is that our town is overwhelmed with in-home daycare providers, some of which charge ridiculously low prices. I have been advertising for before/after school care, so hopefully that will pan out. Thanks for the advice!

Just got a little bit of good news - My sister and BIL are going to Disney at the end of September, so we are going to be able to share our Photopass. Every little bit helps! :cool1:

This week is our local county fair, which is a family tradition for us. I decided to use this year to practice dealing with the heat we may encounter in Disney and to make sure that Paisley would enjoy the rides. Oh my, did she ever - she was upset that she couldn't ride the upside down rides :lmao:

Fair2011015-2.jpg

Fair2011014-1.jpg

And judging from the numerous times we had to ride the carousel, I having a feeling it's going to be hard to keep her away from Cindy's in MK.

Fair2011006-1.jpg

That's great she enjoyed the fair! She's so cute and it sounds like you all had a ton of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter